Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Lake on Amazon Prime

Julia Stiles drinking box wine? sign me up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 23, 2022 2:23 PM

Ooh, yes! This is right up my street. Looking forward to it.

by Anonymousreply 1June 18, 2022 10:28 AM

the gay love interest is quite handsome

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 18, 2022 11:45 AM

surprised Julia Stiles isn't a bigger actress

by Anonymousreply 3June 18, 2022 3:47 PM

Jerry O'Connell shows up in episode 4 as the gay mayoral candidate

by Anonymousreply 4June 18, 2022 11:53 PM

Is Julia Stiles a Canadian?

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2022 4:11 AM

^^^ she's from NYC

by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2022 10:12 AM

I'm halfway through. Is very easy to half watch while I putter around the house doing tasks. I like that sort of series. The gay guys are cute. The lesbians have been cute. The straight to boy is very skinny and cute. Its not a high quality series but its pleasant and simple like I expected it to be.

by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2022 5:58 PM

Running Up That Hill has a brief moment during the closing credits of one episode.

by Anonymousreply 8June 20, 2022 5:46 AM

A cover of Running up that Hill. The OG was also in this season of Stranger Things.

by Anonymousreply 9June 20, 2022 1:53 PM

R9 are you sure it's a cover? I rewound a few times and listened and it sounds like Kate to me.

The site Tunefind which lists music in tv shows lists it as Kate.

by Anonymousreply 10June 20, 2022 11:12 PM

ah ok. I didn't listen so closely.

by Anonymousreply 11June 21, 2022 11:58 AM

I watched it all the way through despite not liking any of the characters. I guess we all have our regrets.

by Anonymousreply 12June 26, 2022 2:14 AM

The characters are all contrived but are they all unlikeable?

by Anonymousreply 13June 26, 2022 2:50 AM

I like Julia Stiles

by Anonymousreply 14June 26, 2022 2:51 AM

I like the girl, Billie, and I want Riley to do naughty things to me. The rest I'm not sure about, but I'm only 3 episodes in.

Opal is who I would've been if I'd been born in the late 00s instead of the late 80s.

by Anonymousreply 15June 26, 2022 8:07 AM

This show is fun. The lead is annoyingly charming - and kinda sexy - and I'm having flashbacks to my childhood in Ontario cottage country with the scenery. It looks just like the lake we had our cottage on before it got sold in the divorce.

And the cute boys are CUTE.

by Anonymousreply 16June 27, 2022 5:47 AM

I enjoyed the lead. He's got a nice body, too.

by Anonymousreply 17June 27, 2022 6:05 AM

With good writing he could probably carry a sitcom.

by Anonymousreply 18June 27, 2022 6:06 AM

I think a lot of you may not have realized who the lead, Jordan Garvaris, is and that he played Felix on Orphan Black- the Goth, Gay, Artist brother of the leads, who was very much the comedic relief on the show. I didn’t really catch on until the start of the second episode when I realized it was a Canadian cast show, then it made perfect sense, except Julia Styles, who isn’t Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 19June 27, 2022 12:26 PM

So, the last episode is called No White After Labor Day, and I’m like do the EVEN celebrate Labor Day in Canada? They do, and at the same time, but they call it Labour Day, so it’s still weird that they didn’t call it that.

by Anonymousreply 20June 27, 2022 7:32 PM

When I commented previously, I'd only seen 3 episodes and was still giving the series a chance. Now I've finished, I'm not overly enamored with it and not bothered if it comes back or not.

Billie started annoying me halfway through and Justin had few redeeming qualities. As much as I like Julia Stiles, her character was so relentlessly unlikeable, it was tiring.

by Anonymousreply 21July 3, 2022 3:40 PM

I watches two episodes and turned it off. The store owner is super cute!

by Anonymousreply 22July 3, 2022 3:50 PM

Whoever thought the character of Opal was cool or fun was seriously mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 23July 9, 2022 11:33 PM

I tried to watch this last night and gave up after the first episode. Horrible acting, completely annoying characters, failed attempts to be "woke." An overall mess.

by Anonymousreply 24July 10, 2022 5:12 PM

I missed this announcement, though after re-reading the thread, I'm not sure many will care! (Me included.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 23, 2022 2:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!