Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trek Trendy

This cute Brit flies all over the world reviewing luxury First class and business class flights. This filth was $5000 a ticket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39March 21, 2023 9:13 PM

$10,000 a ticket! For ONE flight!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 10, 2022 10:14 PM

How does he pay for these - is he personally wealthy or does his content somehow pay forward for more flights?

by Anonymousreply 2June 10, 2022 10:28 PM

Having a popular You Tube channel pays well and he has a sponser.

by Anonymousreply 3June 10, 2022 10:51 PM

He does trains too. I would love to go cross country like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 10, 2022 10:53 PM

All Airline prices have gone up big time.

by Anonymousreply 5June 10, 2022 10:56 PM

[quote]or does his content somehow pay forward for more flights?

R1's video has 800,000+ views which would pay for a $10K flight.

Most likely it is a combination of YouTube views, sponsorships, Patreon, and referral (credit card referral) bonuses.

by Anonymousreply 6June 10, 2022 10:59 PM

That Iberia plane was filthy but I would have gladly soaped him up afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 7June 10, 2022 11:04 PM

Ugh. I hate flights, in any class.

by Anonymousreply 8June 10, 2022 11:06 PM

I fell down a rabbit hole of his videos recently. Some of the Mideast carriers offer unbelievable luxury in first and even business class. US carriers can’t even come close, good thing as I’m not likely to be going to Qatar anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 9June 11, 2022 12:47 AM

Searched for a thread on this cocktease and I found it. It seems he makes quite a lot of money off of his YT channel, and it's gone to his head. Total twat.

by Anonymousreply 10March 5, 2023 6:40 PM

How has it done that, r10? He seems affable enough.

He does have a girlfriend - she came with him on his Virgin Cruises trip.

by Anonymousreply 11March 7, 2023 12:32 AM

Nonstopdan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 7, 2023 12:57 AM

His boyfriend is cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 7, 2023 12:59 AM

R12 Dan is utterly full of shit, and it shows.

His flights aren't self-funded. He accepts free flights all the time, and then writes sponsored posts about them. The queen was run off from two travel blogs when readers noticed his love of payola.

He acts like a self-made globetrotter, but most of his flying experience has been on either paid junkets or on non-rev tickets because of a relative in the industry. He's a spoiled little Scandinavian twat who never pays for anything, yet still expects the finer things.

He orders vegan meals, and bitches when they're too boring, too mushy, or too predictable.

He drags his ditzy dropout boyfriend Oskar on most of his flights these days. Talk about a useless hanger-on!

He's the kind of queen who threw fits at age 12 until his mother bought him a chemical peel and a closet full of skin care products. In high school, he brought his own vegan lunch, ate it with chopsticks, and looked at everyone around him like they all just farted. He made a big fuss over NOT going to prom because he was "over it," but it was really because no one asked him.

by Anonymousreply 14March 7, 2023 1:17 AM

He's affable enough, but goes after other aviation bloggers in his vids. There's also a subtle piss elegance that comes through after you watch enough of his videos. He also puts airs on like he's a seasoned broadcaster, but his lack of training and poor word choices come through once you watch him enough.

Nonstop Dan's corruption isn't in how he pays for his flights, i's how he comes up with the money to get the credit card points for his flights. And it's even more corrupt that he's so deeply obsessed with Emirates and Qatar Airways when those regions criminalize homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 15March 7, 2023 4:27 AM

For someone who loves his meals as much as he does, I'm impressed that the Trek Trendy Man isn't a whale.

by Anonymousreply 16March 7, 2023 10:16 PM

He certainly is not missing any meals now is he?

by Anonymousreply 17March 8, 2023 12:57 AM

That IS disgusting. I was considering Iberia as they now have lie flat. And they were doing deals for $3k to Madrid. But after seeing that changes my mind.

by Anonymousreply 18March 8, 2023 1:19 AM

Take a look at TAP, R18.

And R16, he just put out a vid reviewing a piss elegant Ritz-Carlton cruise, and the Shamu-ing was definitely in full force.

by Anonymousreply 19March 8, 2023 5:53 AM

You have to give it to the guy; Trek Trendy is a modern day Rick Steves, or something like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 8, 2023 6:19 AM

He makes his money, I'll give him that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 8, 2023 6:20 AM

As to how Trek Trendy can afford all these trips, one assumes it is a bit like Sam Chui and other influencers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 8, 2023 6:26 AM

R9

Most if not all Middle Eastern airlines are state owned in full or majority. Thus no, American carriers and most European ones nowadays cannot compete since those airlines are largely now all privately owned.

Middle East and some Asian airlines also aren't bothered or saddled with all sorts of labor laws or union agreements that plague American and European carriers.

Air Emirates and rest thus are free to operate at least where cabin crew are concerned in ways US or European carriers haven't seen in decades. In short hostesses and other cabin crew are young, attractive and slim. They can be discharged for very little reason and or without much notice either.

by Anonymousreply 23March 8, 2023 6:38 AM

Trek Trendy does take some lovely trips. However that chav/Eastenders accent becomes grating after awhile so have to turn down sound while watching videos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 8, 2023 6:42 AM

I've been binge watching his videos. Dude does travel a lot. One of his sponsors seems to be some luxury discount travel agency. He's always talking them up.

by Anonymousreply 25March 9, 2023 12:29 AM

It's a good gig if you have cash flow, as you can write off all the luxury travel costs, so it's basically an expense account that isn't taxed.

What's seemy is he seems rather self-satisfied at displaying faux social mobility. He's conspicuously consuming rather than truly appreciating what he's experiencing and seeing it as an opportunity to develop his tastes and learn new things. Watch what he eats. Watch how he talks about the price of that fine booze they offer on first class rather than how much he enjoys it. Watch how he says nothing about service technique and the ones who are true professionals about it. He's not the only one like that, though. YouTubers like him are revealing how optics-driven, unrefined, empty, and soulless a lot of luxury experiences are.

Also, if he were on my plane or cruise with his zillion go pros suction-cupped to everything, I'd raise hell with the staff. I don't pay for luxury to be on a film set.

by Anonymousreply 26March 9, 2023 6:02 AM

He does make a point of saying he doesn't try to film or disturb his fellow passengers in any way.

by Anonymousreply 27March 10, 2023 12:34 AM

Just flew first class on Tahiti Air

It was wonderful

by Anonymousreply 28March 10, 2023 1:12 AM

He's got other passengers showing up in his vids, R27, so he's failed.

by Anonymousreply 29March 10, 2023 7:13 AM

It is valuable insight. First/business class is wildly different by airline. Some still only do reclining - not lie-flat - in business. Especially the low rent South American Airlines. Personally I prefer The Points Guy. Efficient, to the point, comprehensive reviews. Not some TikTok drama creating soliloquy

by Anonymousreply 30March 10, 2023 7:18 AM

Omg. Nonstop Dan and sub top boyfriend Oskar gave their own YT channel. What will the authorities in the Gulf States do when they find out?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 17, 2023 1:46 PM

I like TPG UK….Nicky Kelvin is a great little pocket gay guy who has an incredible backstory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32March 17, 2023 2:05 PM

The Middle Eastern big three (Emirates, Qatar, and Etihad) offer the best business or first class experience at the best prices. But as someone pointed out above, it’s because they are funded largely by their governments. And they can hire employees based on whatever criteria they want, and fire them at will.

by Anonymousreply 33March 17, 2023 2:25 PM

No love for Ben Schlappig?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 17, 2023 2:35 PM

R14- u r right, i do not watch their muslim countries videos.

by Anonymousreply 35March 17, 2023 7:44 PM

R24 His accent grates on me too. Do you know where exactly he grew up? My ear isn't fine-tuned enough to place him. I also hate his constant, cringey references to "DCs" (Diet Cokes) and "Tims" (Timberland boots). It's like the verbal equivalent of a tracksuit.

by Anonymousreply 36March 19, 2023 10:03 PM

Why does he wear skinny jeans? Not good for his body type at all.

by Anonymousreply 37March 21, 2023 4:50 PM

Because he's a straight British dude.

by Anonymousreply 38March 21, 2023 7:58 PM

All his Arab benefactors are lining up for those sausage legs!

by Anonymousreply 39March 21, 2023 9:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!