Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Valerie Bertinelli - I Will Spend Rest Of My Life ALONE

“I am gonna be more than happy to be happily divorced and spend the rest of my life alone,” she said. "I'll be happy that way. Well, with my six cats and my dog and my son, and hopefully one day grandchildren."

I'm sure you Single Gays Over 50 can relate to what Val is saying - right?

by Anonymousreply 351November 24, 2022 10:34 AM

Shit I didn’t notice the poll was geared to singles

by Anonymousreply 1June 9, 2022 10:58 PM

I saw her this morning on the today show. she's fat

by Anonymousreply 2June 9, 2022 11:48 PM

Didn't know she divorced the guy she married after Eddie.

by Anonymousreply 3June 10, 2022 12:22 AM

I like Valerie B. She seems honest and kind.

As Bette Davis said, growing older is not for sissies.

by Anonymousreply 4June 10, 2022 12:24 AM

You can be relatively happy being single, and it's preferably to staying in an unhappy or unsatisfying relationship. Mind you it's best to be in a happy, content stable relationship but when that is not an option, being single works. You can life alone without being lonely. Have hobbies and routines that make a satisfying lifestyle. See friends and relatives regularly. If you don't have friends, try to attend social groups or events in your neighborhood where you can potentially make freneds, or at least amiable acquaintances.

by Anonymousreply 5June 10, 2022 12:33 AM

(^.^) agreed and with that attitude Valerie will be. Self-fulfilling prophecy. Over 50 here and though I don't currently have a partner I have 3 FWB ages 31-48 and don't know if I'll ever have a long term relationship though those were few and far between all during my life and some friends of mine do and others never wanted a long term partner.

by Anonymousreply 6June 10, 2022 12:35 AM

Does she not have a close relationship with her sister, Helena?

by Anonymousreply 7June 10, 2022 12:36 AM

she has Wolfgang

by Anonymousreply 8June 10, 2022 12:37 AM

She's delightful. She's been in toxic marriages. I ended up in a relationship late in life. My partner and I are both old and fat. Had 3 cats, but they all got old and died. I expected to be alone and with many cats. I raised my nephew, who is now 35 and married. They live on another continent. They can't have kids, which is unfortunate for them. They don't want to adopt. Fine with me. Partner and I have no other living relatives and we just assume that when one of us goes, the other will be alone. Planning to acquire multiple cats. She'd be a great neighbor.

by Anonymousreply 9June 10, 2022 3:17 AM

Reality is out of favor at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 10June 10, 2022 3:24 AM

After many disastrous relationships, I said. Self, you are really bad at dating. Let's not do this anymore. About 2 hours after that I met the right one. Been together for about 2 years. Maybe Val is just venting

by Anonymousreply 11June 10, 2022 3:25 AM

The poll should be who we think she will marry next!

A. John Putch

B. Scott Colomby

C. Boyd Gaines

by Anonymousreply 12June 10, 2022 11:40 AM

Not everyone gets a perfect life. Just accept that some things will not be for you and make the best with what you have.

by Anonymousreply 13June 10, 2022 11:59 AM

I can't believe how fat wolf is.

by Anonymousreply 14June 10, 2022 1:27 PM

R14 I think Valerie’s a feeder.

by Anonymousreply 15June 10, 2022 1:53 PM

Countdown until Valerie is perfectly round.

by Anonymousreply 16June 10, 2022 2:01 PM

After being around many, many long term couples (gay and straight), their favorite joint hobby seems to be bickering and nit picking with one another.

I'm thankful I'm living my elder years alone and in blissed peace.

by Anonymousreply 17June 10, 2022 2:07 PM

For someone like Valerie who hasn't been single since she was a teenager, a few years as a single person will do her some good. She protests now, but she seems like the kind of person who will be back in a relationship pretty soon

by Anonymousreply 18June 10, 2022 2:08 PM

It's kind of shitty to pressure her only child for grandkids...in front of the whole world.

I can't imagine the dating situation for straight women over 50. All straight men want to date women 20 years younger than them.

by Anonymousreply 19June 10, 2022 2:08 PM

Take things one day at a time, Val.

by Anonymousreply 20June 10, 2022 2:09 PM

Damnit, R20!

by Anonymousreply 21June 10, 2022 2:11 PM

Has Ron Rifkin released a statement yet?

by Anonymousreply 22June 10, 2022 2:57 PM

Her husband is trying to squeeze her for money. No wonder she won't make herself vulnerable to this again.

by Anonymousreply 23June 10, 2022 3:59 PM

They had a prenup.

by Anonymousreply 24June 10, 2022 4:21 PM

She doesn't have to get married again, R23. What's wrong with shacking up?

by Anonymousreply 25June 10, 2022 4:32 PM

good for her! I'm her age I feel the same f*cking way. I've had two bad marriages and no desire for #3. It so much easier, less stressful and more fun to hang out with friends and do whatever you want whenever you want to. As long as your life is full with friends, family, interest, and work, who needs a bad spouse?

That said: I do know some people in good marriages. They fight about the typical stuff, of course, but the good seems to outweigh the bad.

by Anonymousreply 26June 10, 2022 4:42 PM

Husband is asking for spousal support (article doesn't say how much). She seems really insecure with the yoyo dieting, crying about mean comments on IG, etc. Yes, I think she will find another partner. She didn't need to be so dramatic, ie, never again - cat lady.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 10, 2022 6:02 PM

Did Tom cheat? Valerie seems exhausting, like the kind of person that is never happy.

by Anonymousreply 28June 10, 2022 6:14 PM

I'm over 50* and have been in a relationship for decades. If it were to end for whatever reason, I don't think I'd pursue another one.

by Anonymousreply 29June 10, 2022 6:56 PM

R2, You're being kind. She's enormous now.

by Anonymousreply 30June 10, 2022 7:04 PM

If only Bonnie were alive to counsel her.

by Anonymousreply 31June 10, 2022 7:06 PM

If only Bonnie were alive to *SLAP* her.

by Anonymousreply 32June 10, 2022 7:20 PM

She just wants to binge in peace.

by Anonymousreply 33June 10, 2022 7:35 PM

wah wah 😩 valerie

by Anonymousreply 34June 10, 2022 8:15 PM

Good luck with the ex trying to invalidate the pre-nup.

by Anonymousreply 35June 10, 2022 8:40 PM

As long as she's on the Kids' Baking Championship and tasting the baked goods, she'll get bigger. I always wondered how Lorraine stayed so slim on the Baking Championship shows but noticed she generally dips her fork in the frosting and eats the equivalent of a 1/2 teaspoon of cake/pie/desserts.

by Anonymousreply 36June 10, 2022 8:41 PM

Damn it, Barbara! You’ll find someone.

by Anonymousreply 37June 10, 2022 8:44 PM

Valerie needs to start dating Paulina Porizkova and solve both their problems.

by Anonymousreply 38June 10, 2022 8:47 PM

Valerie and her son are both obese.

by Anonymousreply 39June 10, 2022 8:55 PM

Formerly hot mad woman ends up alone. Don't see that often.

by Anonymousreply 40June 10, 2022 8:55 PM

She should take over those Feed The Children commercials from Sally Struthers!

by Anonymousreply 41June 10, 2022 10:46 PM

Sally's hand me downs would fit Val.

by Anonymousreply 42June 10, 2022 10:48 PM

Fatty!

by Anonymousreply 43June 10, 2022 11:14 PM

Eww, she sounds clingy. The fat incel son will murder her.

by Anonymousreply 44June 10, 2022 11:28 PM

The true love of her life died and she's still grieving.

by Anonymousreply 45June 10, 2022 11:31 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 10, 2022 11:43 PM

Maybe she's now realizing that it's pussy that she really wants to eat. It's lower calories that what she's currently putting in her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 47June 10, 2022 11:49 PM

I'm sure she's been starving herself gor years to keep thin. She's short too.

by Anonymousreply 48June 10, 2022 11:53 PM

Never been in a partner relationship, and knowing all the couples that I do, I don't want any part of that mess. I like my space, freedom, privacy.

Could be nice to know what intimacy is like, though. I've never experienced a consensual physical encounter with someone I'm attracted to, before.

by Anonymousreply 49June 11, 2022 12:42 AM

R49, How old are you?

by Anonymousreply 50June 11, 2022 12:55 AM

She's always been the most Garboesque of sitcom stars.

by Anonymousreply 51June 11, 2022 1:07 AM

Is the Today Show where she runs to every time she has an issue to cry about? She’s always on there whining and crying.

by Anonymousreply 52June 11, 2022 9:35 AM

Bertinelli family gatherings have got to be awkward these days... Val's brother Patrick introduced her to Tom...

She does sound exhausting these days and this always running to People mag or the Today show to yap about her life and weight and Wolfie and endless for the dead Eddie? Val, please turn off the social media, cancel the TV appearances/production and just go away for six months or a year. You might be happier just living a life instead of producing one for the "masses" you think of as fans.

by Anonymousreply 53June 11, 2022 10:34 AM

R50 I just turned 30 years old.

If it helps to know--I'm quiet and bookish, had a sheltered lower-income upbringing, went to a selective high-pressure school on a scholarship with a lot of rich(er) kids and was excluded by them, had few friends and didn't cope with it well. Dropped out of University a year early due to nervous breakdown, and stayed underemployed ever since. Also, my wider family-of-origin estranged from me before I turned 15 (land/money dispute, me and my parents got cut off). Have been avoidant and emotionally 'down' for the better part of a decade (I was in isolation years before COVID made it cool).. The last friend/potential partner I had was back in 2013, and our parting was bitter; I made no other friends in College, as I was wandering around in a numb, fugue state. As a result, my physical health has taken a hit as well as my emotional/mental; my eating and sleeping habits are disordered, to say the least.

Hence the aversion to intimacy, or at least that's my best guess. Sorry to offload, this sounds like a lot of snowflake bitching, and I'm shamefacedly aware of that, but it's the only way I can explain or account for my strange existence. It's funny; they say knowing what your issues are is half the battle, but while I have gotten a little more open and vulnerable with time, and doing work in therapy, I'm still not in a position to be in a relationship, platonic or romantic. I can't even offer the basics of financial stability/security, social energy, or emotional equilibrium. My mother is in bits, thinking that I'll always be alone, and end up with no-one to be with after she & my Dad pass and my sister marries into another family (though I'm white and our family isn't religious or homophobic, so this isn't cultural).

It's also weird and curious how a person can adjust to self-imposed isolation. There are days I don't even mind it, and feel a kind of contentment in it. This isn't meant in a pitiful way--maybe some people are better off alone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 11, 2022 10:43 AM

R12- B is GAY and

C is GAY

by Anonymousreply 55June 11, 2022 11:06 AM

98% of people that say “I’m never getting married or dating again!” end up doing just that not long after.

by Anonymousreply 56June 11, 2022 11:11 AM

Wolfgang is obese and strikes me as one of those spoiled neckbeard guys who never leaves his gaming suite (mom’s basement) and won’t settle for a girl who’s less than an “8”. I could be wrong. I know guys like this, who are sort of monomaniacal about their vintage Star Wars figurine collections or horror movie memorabilia or subgenre of music. They’re the only children of overly adoring moms/parents who prefer them to have non-dangerous indoor hobbies. They usually have adult careers in which they can indulge their passion. I’m not knocking them, just thinking that I recognize a type. Valerie and Wolfie seem like nice folks, and I wish them well. They really should try to be a little healthier, though, especially Wolfgang.

by Anonymousreply 57June 11, 2022 11:57 AM

Was Wolfie a primary inheritor of his father’s estate? Did he get a controlling piece of the recording rights for Van Halen?

by Anonymousreply 58June 11, 2022 12:01 PM

Who’s gonna diddle her twat?

by Anonymousreply 59June 11, 2022 12:03 PM

[quote]Bertinelli family gatherings have got to be awkward these days... Val's brother Patrick introduced her to Tom...

...and then you have sister Helena armed with a crossbow!

by Anonymousreply 60June 11, 2022 12:41 PM

[quote]After being around many, many long term couples (gay and straight), their favorite joint hobby seems to be bickering and nit picking with one another.

As someone who is in a relationship like this right now, let me just say that I would much rather bicker and pick on everybody else in my life, friends and strangers alike, but they won't tolerate that kind of behavior from me. So, since I still need to get my stress out, it all gets directed at my partner!

by Anonymousreply 61June 11, 2022 12:58 PM

[quote]I can't imagine the dating situation for straight women over 50. All straight men want to date women 20 years younger than them.

What one wants and what one can realistically get are two different things, don't you know that? Unless he has a huge bankroll or a trust fund, a man cannot get his 20 years younger woman (or man) fantasy.

There are tons of lonely divorced men over 50 looking for companionship, and that's what it is at that age. My brother's 59 year old mother in law remarried after a lengthy marriage and divorce less that two years later. She wanted a husband, she found a husband. He's her age, nice looking and quite dull.

by Anonymousreply 62June 11, 2022 1:01 PM

[quote] Wolfgang is obese and strikes me as one of those spoiled neckbeard guys who never leaves his gaming suite (mom’s basement) and won’t settle for a girl who’s less than an “8”. I know guys like this, who are sort of monomaniacal about their vintage Star Wars figurine collections or horror movie memorabilia or subgenre of music. They’re the only children of overly adoring moms/parents who prefer them to have non-dangerous indoor hobbies. ' 'Incel', for short.

by Anonymousreply 63June 11, 2022 1:20 PM

Despite Wolfgang weight, his long-time girlfriend is a knockout

by Anonymousreply 64June 11, 2022 1:24 PM

Recently, had a relative I had not seen in decades and after talking for awhile out of the blue he says to me "so , um, are you gay or bisexual or straight? Where is your woman?"......

Never mind, why does he care and it being BEYOND rude and nosy, is it the majority thinking of men, that if your over a certain age and not married or in a known relationship with a woman and no kids you must automatically be gay or bisexual or something wrong with you?

I laughed it off his comment, but then later, he wonder why i wasn't as chummy chummy with him later...

by Anonymousreply 65June 11, 2022 1:43 PM

I’ve learned that one of the keys to a happy life is learning to be alone. The trick is to not be lonely - that’s the difficult part.

by Anonymousreply 66June 11, 2022 1:46 PM

Six cats and a dog……. She’s wonderful!

by Anonymousreply 67June 11, 2022 1:49 PM

Does she own a vibrator?

by Anonymousreply 68June 11, 2022 1:58 PM

I’m very close to someone who has been friends with Valerie since childhood.

All I can say is that even though I myself, have never gotten close to her as a friend, I happen to know she is good peeps.

She’s way more down to earth than most rock stars’ wives and she’s gone through plenty.

Good lady. Not a jerk or a mean girl.

by Anonymousreply 69June 11, 2022 2:00 PM

r65 you should have told your relative about DL. Their nosy, rude and judgemental attitude would find many like-minded individuals here

by Anonymousreply 70June 11, 2022 2:52 PM

The headline:

[bold]Fat Whiny Has-Been R&R Whore Admits No One Wants Her But Puts Pressure on Children to Breed"[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 71June 11, 2022 3:02 PM

When your genetics include potential Edddie Van Halen musical talent, you should be obligated to breed. Wolfgang's rich enough that he doesn't have to actually raise the kid and can afford child support

by Anonymousreply 72June 11, 2022 3:12 PM

For women, the disadvantages from being in a relationship with a man far outweigh the benefits, I believe several studies have shown that single women are happier than married ones.

by Anonymousreply 73June 11, 2022 3:16 PM

I know I'm going to get criticized for this but I truly believe the transfats and frankenstein food has played a big part in the obesity epidemic. And sure, huge portion sizes at restaurants and take out places, which many go to a lot. Convenience and locations.

I grew up in the suburbs and part of the reason we didn't go to fast food was they weren't close by and on every corner. And of course the portion sizes were small. Even the junk food we ate did not have all of the transfats and fake sugar that does a number on the body.

by Anonymousreply 74June 11, 2022 3:28 PM

I can't believe the audacity of her 60-year-old ex wanting spousal support from her. Did he quit his job in order to manage her career? That's the only way a judge would even consider it. Women don't get spousal support anymore as a matter of course, so why should he?

by Anonymousreply 75June 11, 2022 3:32 PM

R72 is a eugenist nincompoop.

by Anonymousreply 76June 11, 2022 3:52 PM

I find it interesting how she's become this professional widow, except 1. she divorced Eddie nearly 20 years before he died and even talked about what a terrible husband he was in her autobiography and 2. he has an actual widow and not only that, she was married to another guy when she was doing all this "Eddie was the love of my life" grieving widow shit, I wouldn't blame him for leaving either.

by Anonymousreply 77June 11, 2022 3:56 PM

Shit!

Who would have thought 30 yrs ago that Mac would end up the well adjusted one (father fucking aside) and Val would be the messy one?

by Anonymousreply 78June 11, 2022 4:00 PM

Let's not go that far.

by Anonymousreply 79June 11, 2022 4:04 PM

R73, that’s right. Many older women absolutely love being single again. My late aunt positively blossomed after her husband died. She took up painting, traveled with the other widows in her widow support group, went out to eat at ethnic restaurants and stayed up late and did a whole bunch of things she always wanted to do. She shook a few of his friends loose; she didn’t care for the wives but felt pressure to socialize as a couple with other couples.

Of course you do lose the couple friends anyway (as when you divorce) because other women are trying to hang on to their men.

by Anonymousreply 80June 11, 2022 4:04 PM

R77, Jason Robards was quoted after the divorce from Bacall, "I was tired of being Mrs. Bogart's second husband".

by Anonymousreply 81June 11, 2022 4:09 PM

When Val walked out on the TODAY Show the other morning, she looked like a pup tent with legs.

by Anonymousreply 82June 11, 2022 4:11 PM

She fat!

by Anonymousreply 83June 11, 2022 4:18 PM

[quote] I find it interesting how she's become this professional widow, except 1. she divorced Eddie nearly 20 years before he died and even talked about what a terrible husband he was in her autobiography and 2. he has an actual widow and not only that, she was married to another guy when she was doing all this "Eddie was the love of my life" grieving widow shit, I wouldn't blame him for leaving either.

Agree with this (he has a widow, Val) except the last sentence. Eddie seemed hard to get along with. A long time ago (while Val & Eddie were married), there was a National Enquirer article that had photos of Eddie with a blonde woman that looked like a girlfriend. The marriage lasted years after that article.

by Anonymousreply 84June 11, 2022 4:26 PM

[quote] When your genetics include potential Edddie Van Halen musical talent, you should be obligated to breed. Wolfgang's rich enough that he doesn't have to actually raise the kid and can afford child support

I don't think Wolfgang inherited Eddie's talent. W took over playing bass when Alex & Eddie fired Michael Anthony. Michael Anthony was responsible for the high notes on the background vocals as well.

by Anonymousreply 85June 11, 2022 4:28 PM

I like Valerie. I'm younger than her, but I feel like I watched her grow up because I watched reruns of her sitcom. I read her bio a few years back. Everyone used to be impressed that she and Eddie were married so long, but there were obviously problems in their marriage. He was an alcoholic with severe social anxiety. He had built a recording studio in their back yard, and he stayed their drinking and playing his guitar most of the time, event at night. And eventually she was fine leaving him out there. It's not too much different from married men who play video games all day, but Eddie was able to earn a lot of money from his hobby.

He cheated, and the woman's husband contacted Valerie to let her know. Valerie said she was mad at the husband (the messenger). Eventually a woman took pictures of Eddie nude, covering up his modesty with a guitar, and sold the pics to the tabloids.

I read Sammy Hagar's book (which is available for free on the Internet). He told a story where Eddie showed up to the studio one day in the early 90s with a new crew cut hair style. In one of his drunken episodes, he had shaved his head. He was also crying that his wife hated him.

I cringed when I read Valerie's tweet after Eddie's death: "I'm so grateful Wolfie and I were able to hold you in your last moments. I will see you in our next life my love." At the time, Eddie's own widow was also grieving his death and Valerie herself was married to another man. It kind of seemed attention seeking. Some thoughts are better kept private.

Eddie was a genius, but he had a horrible personality. He alienated every other musician who played in his band, except for his enabling brother. Finally he pushed longtime bass player Michael Anthony out of the band and replaced him with Wolfgang. Worse, the tour T-shirt featured a classic album cover that had been photoshopped to replace Michael Anthony's photo with Wolfgang's photo. Many fans found this to be unforgivable. But Eddie only trusted family.

Poor Wolfgang. He's a very good musician himself. He probably had no choice; music was probably the only way Eddie could relate to anyone, and maybe Wolfgang felt like it was the only way he could earn his dad's acceptance. Maybe Wolfgang inherited his dad's addiction gene, except it manifested itself in the form of food addiction instead of alcohol addiction. To Eddie's credit, it doesn't look like he ever shamed Wolfgang because of his size; he was obviously proud to have Wolfgang standing on stage with him during their concerts. Fortunately, he has Valerie's personality, but he also has her dramatic side, often fighting on social media with people who call him "fat" or criticize him for nepotism. Obviously his name has opened a lot of doors for him in his musical career. And he inherited a lot of money from his dad, so he's had no trouble getting a girlfriend, in spite of his weight.

by Anonymousreply 86June 11, 2022 4:54 PM

Valerie was a constant presence on TV the whole time I was growing up, and I liked her. I wish social media had never been invented, so I didn't have to become acquainted with just how pathetic so many of the famous people I thought were so cool really are.

by Anonymousreply 87June 11, 2022 9:38 PM

She could sell ice cubes to Eskimos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88June 11, 2022 9:59 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89June 11, 2022 10:32 PM

I do watch her cooking show- not that I particularly learn anything, but I like her.

by Anonymousreply 90June 11, 2022 10:41 PM

I’m better off alone. The rest of the world is better off with me alone. I’m no good for anyone.

I can still find a guy for sex when I need to, and friends are easy to make. Between those, I think all my needs are filled. Don’t want and won’t have a boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 91June 11, 2022 10:46 PM

I had three relationships that last at least a year. The best one that lasted three years plus, we really were great together and enjoyed each other's company immensely, but he always had a roving eye and after tolerating several flings I knew he had, I finally gave up on him. I found out after several years that I actually enjoy being single more.

by Anonymousreply 92June 11, 2022 10:53 PM

[quote]He cheated, and the woman's husband contacted Valerie to let her know. Valerie said she was mad at the husband (the messenger).

Wow, that’s pathetic! She should have been embarrassed to tell that story. Typical stupid woman who can’t stand the truth about her “man.”

by Anonymousreply 93June 11, 2022 11:37 PM

R89- Now I know why she's FAT.

She devours ALL of that food after the show- and Wolfgang helps.

by Anonymousreply 94June 11, 2022 11:44 PM

Valerie vs Viola - who has SUFFERED THE MOST?

by Anonymousreply 95June 11, 2022 11:45 PM

R89- That qween 👸 David is probably not getting laid either so he substitutes food for COCK 🥒

by Anonymousreply 96June 11, 2022 11:46 PM

[quote]She does have great hair

You do know those are extensions, don’t you? She’s even talked about it in the past.

by Anonymousreply 97June 11, 2022 11:50 PM

R65 It sounds more like you hate being gay and didn’t want to have to tell him. If you were proud of being gay, you would have just said yes.

by Anonymousreply 98June 11, 2022 11:53 PM

R89- According to celebrityworth.com Wolfgang is worth $20 million. If so that makes him set for life.

by Anonymousreply 99June 11, 2022 11:54 PM

[quote]Despite Wolfgang weight, his long-time girlfriend is a knockout

And I’m sure the money and the fame have nothing to do with him landing her!

by Anonymousreply 100June 11, 2022 11:55 PM

DL queens I'm seriously considering purchasing Valerie's Home Cooking. Should I?

by Anonymousreply 101June 11, 2022 11:56 PM

My comment was meant for R86.

by Anonymousreply 102June 11, 2022 11:58 PM

Single women who’ve never had children are the happiest subset of people according to a study a few years ago. Makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 103June 12, 2022 12:04 AM

Except for the dogs, the son, and possible grandchildren part.

by Anonymousreply 104June 12, 2022 12:20 AM

Oh, and the six fucking cats.

by Anonymousreply 105June 12, 2022 12:21 AM

The original Rainbow Flag is all inclusive because you can synthesize every color from the colors of the rainbow. White, which arises from all colors together, isn't there, nor is black or brown, which you can reach by adjusting the light intensity. The original flag was meant to mean "the whole spectrum".

by Anonymousreply 106June 12, 2022 12:27 AM

R106 Are you in the wrong thread, dear?🤔

by Anonymousreply 107June 12, 2022 12:30 AM

I remember Valerie and her extensions back in the late 80s. I went to the same woman as Michael J Fox, and Valerie was there. I forgot my wallet, and 3 hours later Valerie was still sitting there having them put in. I'm assuming technology has improved.

by Anonymousreply 108June 12, 2022 12:39 AM

Technology has, R108, but Val remains the same.

by Anonymousreply 109June 12, 2022 12:44 AM

Well, bigger.

by Anonymousreply 110June 12, 2022 12:45 AM

She certainly is bigger.

by Anonymousreply 111June 12, 2022 12:51 AM

Wouldn’t it be ironic if she died before Mackenzie?

by Anonymousreply 112June 12, 2022 1:12 AM

I made the plunge. I bought Valerie's Home Cooking.

The first think I want to make is her recipe for that Carrot Cake that big queen was wolfing down on her QVC show.

by Anonymousreply 113June 12, 2022 1:26 AM

Big deal I said this when I was 26

by Anonymousreply 114June 12, 2022 1:44 AM

[quote]Is the Today Show where she runs to every time she has an issue to cry about? She’s always on there whining and crying.

Valerie seems to live every day of her life as if she's on the old Oprah Winfrey show. And she seems to have some type of arrested development and is stuck in a stage of bitter navel-gazing and believing her problems are newsworthy. .

by Anonymousreply 115June 12, 2022 3:18 AM

[quote]I can still find a guy for sex when I need to, and friends are easy to make. Between those, I think all my needs are filled. Don’t want and won’t have a boyfriend.

So, I lied. On Datalounge. Sue me.

I don’t want but DO have a boyfriend. He’s wonderful. I’m not. He just needs to go away for everyone’s sake.

Nobody asked. Just feeling like it was bad karma to say I’d don’t have one when I do.

I feel so relieved getting that off my chest.

by Anonymousreply 116June 12, 2022 6:09 AM

Is she going to be able to make it after all?

by Anonymousreply 117June 12, 2022 10:40 AM

She worked alongside a very good role model for that kind of life a few years ago when she co-starred with Betty White.

by Anonymousreply 118June 12, 2022 10:49 AM

Don’t extensions get smelly and gross after a while?

by Anonymousreply 119June 12, 2022 11:46 AM

They didn't pick up her pilot.

by Anonymousreply 120June 12, 2022 7:35 PM

Whatever Valerie. You’re fat and a mess! I still can’t get over professing her everlasting love for Eddie, while she was still married to someone else! Dumb bitch. Eat yourself to death you cunt.

by Anonymousreply 121June 12, 2022 8:11 PM

DL queens can relate to this- Once Valerie Bertinelli was OVER THE HILL ( invisible to men- the hot ones anyway) she took out her frustrations and bitterness by stuffing her face and becoming a FAT WHORE.

by Anonymousreply 122June 12, 2022 8:59 PM

Eating habits are learned early in life. Some people eat comfort foods or binge eat when they are stressed. The trick is to have an alternate plan when you are felling stress.

by Anonymousreply 123June 12, 2022 9:05 PM

I told Val many times that the only alternative plan that will work in both the short and long terms is TAP. But she didn't listen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124June 12, 2022 9:22 PM

Has Bonnie Franklin commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 125June 12, 2022 11:18 PM

Winwood!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126June 13, 2022 6:35 AM

Winehouse!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127June 13, 2022 6:36 AM

Weekend!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128June 13, 2022 6:39 AM

She's nice and loves her ex-husband, but it doesn't mean she's off the boards.

by Anonymousreply 129June 13, 2022 6:57 AM

She's nice and loved her ex.

She was not a seeker.

by Anonymousreply 130June 13, 2022 7:02 AM

R129 Off the boards? When was she doing theater anyways?

by Anonymousreply 131June 13, 2022 7:08 AM

Val said she wanted to marry Elton John.😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132June 13, 2022 8:36 AM

We spelled Valerie differently, but don't forget us Valleri! We love you!

~ Davey, Mike, Peter, and Mickey (still kickin')

by Anonymousreply 133June 13, 2022 9:27 AM

Oops, let's try this again - it's early, coffee hasn't kicked in.

We spelled Valerie differently, but don't forget us Valleri! We love you!

~ Davey, Mike, Peter, and Mickey (still kickin')

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134June 13, 2022 9:29 AM

I always liked her and envied her life, but she seems self-obsessed and it’s tiresome. She also has ALWAYS had terrible taste in fashion. The old lady fluttery rayon blouses don’t do her any favors. She looks in the mirror too much. For years I only had mirrors from the chest up so I wouldn’t be depressed at the full figure. I can’t imagine being that obsessed at age 60. She must be getting therapy and anti-depressants but it’s not working.

by Anonymousreply 135June 13, 2022 10:08 AM

I think Mack wound up being a better and more stable person than Valerie in her sixties BECAUSE her substance abuse issues were so bad. In order to get and stay sober, you have to do work on yourself and one of the first things you have to acknowledge is that in the grand scheme of things, you are not special.

I'm not saying everybody in recovery is anywhere near perfect, but they do have to learn how to own their shit and stop blaming everyone and everything but themselves for their disappointments in life. Valerie has yet to learn this.

by Anonymousreply 136June 13, 2022 11:40 AM

[quote]Of course you do lose the couple friends anyway (as when you divorce) because other women are trying to hang on to their men.

Oh please. that's daytime soap opera stuff. After age 50, couple wives are secure enough to know a female friend is not after their husband. When my parents divorced, my mother's suburban social life went on as usual. You'd not even notice that she shed her drunken deadbeat husband (my father). All her female friends were in couples and they were still friends. I've seen this over and over after a couple divorces.

by Anonymousreply 137June 13, 2022 11:48 AM

VB sounds almost as unhappy as Mackenzie Philips has always been.

by Anonymousreply 138June 13, 2022 12:58 PM

What the fuck is “protection weight,” I’m thinking she made that up, it’s not a real thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139June 13, 2022 1:35 PM

She's been listening to a therapist, R139.

by Anonymousreply 140June 13, 2022 1:43 PM

Imagine being the new husband and she’s thin and looking amazing but all she does is go on tv shows acting like she’s still in a relationship with Eddie VanHalen. Then she goes on the poor me widow tour while she’s still married to this guy and EVH has an actual WIDOW who has remained silent? He probably was sick of being the Diana to her Camilla / Charles ideology of a relationship. She started doing the food network shows and clearly didn’t get the memo not to really eat the food she makes. Bitch blew up quicker than a gas station it’s a cigarette. Her son is so talented and seems very grounded and cool but she’s made him into someone who uses food for comfort.

by Anonymousreply 141June 13, 2022 1:47 PM

I'm happily single. I like some other people but being around other people all the time depletes my energy and makes me anxious and testy. I hate sharing a bed. My body temp fluctuates a lot and I would hate having to accommodate someone else's temperature. These seem trivial until they're constant sources of consternation. Some of us really are happier living alone in our homes. The one-size-fits-all happily-married thing really does not fit all and many people force themselves into it thinking it's the only way a sane adult can live. I feel sorry for people like that.

by Anonymousreply 142June 13, 2022 2:03 PM

R139 It means a person is tired of dieting and just wants to eat but we’re going to make it sound like there’s a good reason for it.

by Anonymousreply 143June 13, 2022 2:07 PM

Poor Val. 😕

by Anonymousreply 144June 13, 2022 2:30 PM

My god, that TikTok of her clutching that black cat and the cat giving that desperate “Kill Me Now!” look was just devastating.

by Anonymousreply 145June 13, 2022 11:10 PM

Hold me David, I'm scared.

by Anonymousreply 146June 14, 2022 12:07 AM

R146- WRONG.

It’s

Hold me David I’m HUNGRY 🤤!

by Anonymousreply 147June 14, 2022 12:40 AM

Val needs keto and a trainer. She would be a stunner at her age if she would commit.

by Anonymousreply 148June 14, 2022 1:52 AM

if she is struggling mentally, extra weight is not protection. It no doubt exacerbates her insecurities and depression. I don’t understand rich people who don’t have trainers on hand year-round, year after year. No one is comfortable being very overweight.

by Anonymousreply 149June 14, 2022 1:56 AM

She's done with men but that could change.

by Anonymousreply 150June 14, 2022 2:01 AM

[quote]Husband is asking for spousal support (article doesn't say how much)

This seems weird. They didn't have kids together and I doubt Valerie gave him a luxurious lifestyle he grew accustomed to and then ditched him for another guy. Wonder what grounds he has.

by Anonymousreply 151June 14, 2022 3:53 AM

Valerie's one of those Hollywood types who coasted from job to job by being young and hot, but being more of a "personality" than having great acting talent. She's now at the age where there's a lot fewer acting roles and those roles are going to women who can actually act.

She's also very short, which helped get her acting jobs, but 10 extra pounds on her looks like a lot more

by Anonymousreply 152June 14, 2022 4:16 AM

Val wasn't young and hot in Cleveland. People like her.

by Anonymousreply 153June 14, 2022 4:55 AM

How many books can she write basically saying the same thing over and over?

by Anonymousreply 154June 14, 2022 5:09 AM

Until people quit buying them?

by Anonymousreply 155June 14, 2022 5:14 AM

Her next book will be "Breaking the Addiction Cycle of Writing Addiction Cycle Self-Help Books".

by Anonymousreply 156June 14, 2022 5:24 AM

How did a book publisher think someone who whines so often publicly and who lashes out in angry tears regularly on Instagram is qualified to write a book titled Enough Already: Learning to Love the Way I Am Today. You'd think they'd wait until she stabilizes somewhat before sending it to print.

by Anonymousreply 157June 14, 2022 7:02 AM

I don’t dislike her but she seems like someone of very average intelligence.

It’s likely her cookbook and all her other books were ghost written.

I bought her cookbook the other day and received it yesterday. It was one of those impulsive purchases.

by Anonymousreply 158June 14, 2022 10:53 AM

Recent appearance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159June 14, 2022 12:36 PM

My Eternity As A Grieving Widow.

Coming soon!

by Anonymousreply 160June 14, 2022 1:18 PM

R159 OMG she’s STILL talking about her dead EX husband (the one she had been divorced from for over a decade by the time he died)?! Jesus Christ!

by Anonymousreply 161June 14, 2022 1:51 PM

R153 She was in comparison to Betty White and Wendy Mallick. It’s like moving to Palm Springs in your early 50s, suddenly you’re chicken again.

by Anonymousreply 162June 14, 2022 3:03 PM

I wonder why NVC passed on her pilot. They actually retooled it as a multicam. If she was thinner would they have let it go through?

by Anonymousreply 163June 14, 2022 5:23 PM

R163 What is NVC?🤔

by Anonymousreply 164June 14, 2022 6:38 PM

That’s what you get upon the merger of QVC and NBC.

by Anonymousreply 165June 14, 2022 7:03 PM

She’s gotten so fat. Yikes!

by Anonymousreply 166June 14, 2022 7:03 PM

R166- She eats TOO MANY late night snacks.

by Anonymousreply 167June 14, 2022 7:05 PM

SCANDAL! Who generates this crap, bots? And why are people watching TikTok at work, they should be doing their damn jobs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168June 14, 2022 7:07 PM

I came across a clip of her making a tuna melt and it had hard boiled eggs along with multiple other ingredients in it. I thought no wonder she’s not losing weight.

by Anonymousreply 169June 14, 2022 7:08 PM

Not to mention the creamy béchamel sauce she folded into it.

by Anonymousreply 170June 14, 2022 7:11 PM

R169- I just received her cookbook yesterday and I saw that recipe. It has boiled eggs and avocado in it too. It's overstuffed with ingredients.

by Anonymousreply 171June 14, 2022 7:15 PM

R171 Are all over her recipes filled with extra unnecessary ingredients that just add more calories?

by Anonymousreply 172June 15, 2022 12:39 PM

She has Foster kittens.

by Anonymousreply 173June 15, 2022 12:55 PM

R173 To add into her recipes?

by Anonymousreply 174June 15, 2022 1:38 PM

Meet my cat,Snow!

by Anonymousreply 175June 15, 2022 3:13 PM

Have you called Jenny yet?!?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176June 15, 2022 6:48 PM

Valerie Bertinelli - I Will Spend Rest Of My Life- as a FAT WHORE ( that's her true worry)

by Anonymousreply 177June 15, 2022 7:04 PM

Valerie's show was great this week for LA people- classic LA restaurant dishes. Dan Tana, La Scala chopped salad (even though no one goes anymore cause the owner is a Trumper- Nancy's at Mozza is better and she doesn't use Subway lettuce) and Casa Vega margaritas.

by Anonymousreply 178June 15, 2022 7:15 PM

R178 Hi Val!

by Anonymousreply 179June 16, 2022 12:14 AM

R179, no not Val. She doesn't seem the DL type. I saw her all the time at my favorite places, Same with Sparks.

by Anonymousreply 180June 16, 2022 6:29 AM

What is Valerie making for her three meals today?

by Anonymousreply 181June 16, 2022 8:58 AM

She will be all alone forever if she continues to seek media to talk about another womens’ dead husband. Who else thought it was disrespectful to be commenting on Eddie Van Halen so much, when he was already someone elses’ husband for years? Here’s news, Val: You weren’t married to him anymore. Shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 182June 16, 2022 9:20 AM

R181 Valerie believes in one meal a day, one endless meal.

by Anonymousreply 183June 16, 2022 9:26 AM

Didn't Cher treat Sonny's death the same way? iirc, as soon as she heard that he had ski-ed into a tree and died, she fast-tracked it to Palm Springs and just about pushed her way to the front of the line so that SHE could give the eulogy that would remembered. Trust me, I loves me some Cher, but when this happened, I kept thinking about Sonny's wife, suddenly relegated to second potato 'civilian' status.

by Anonymousreply 184June 16, 2022 1:06 PM

Sonny's wife Mary asked Cher to give the eulogy.

by Anonymousreply 185June 16, 2022 3:10 PM

Looks like Wolfie is feeling sorry for himself like Mom

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186June 17, 2022 6:15 AM

Valerie raised him to stress eat with her in times of crisis.

by Anonymousreply 187June 17, 2022 7:17 AM

R187 She also raised him to argue with strangers on the internet rather than just ignore them.

by Anonymousreply 188June 17, 2022 7:55 AM

Wolfies tweet sounds like a cry for help.

by Anonymousreply 189June 17, 2022 5:58 PM

Why does Wolfie like to engage with the trolls on Twitter? What kind of emotional payoff does he get from that? He is set for life financially. Does he know how lucky he is? He's an only child so he has no doubt been spoiled all of his life. But that doesn't take away from his talent. He's an excellent musician.

by Anonymousreply 190June 17, 2022 7:50 PM

He seems whiney like his mother.

by Anonymousreply 191June 18, 2022 10:27 AM

R141 nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 192June 20, 2022 12:04 AM

Has any of the Jenny Craig celebrity endorsers ever kept their weight off?

by Anonymousreply 193June 20, 2022 12:57 AM

R193 Nope. Which is why they should probably stop using celebrities for their ads. At least if they use regular people, it will be harder to keep track if the person kept the weight off or not.

by Anonymousreply 194June 20, 2022 1:04 AM

Valerie and Wolf both have a lot of issues.

by Anonymousreply 195June 20, 2022 4:44 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196June 20, 2022 6:50 AM

Val is so fat! Cut down the fat in your recipes, hun.

by Anonymousreply 197June 20, 2022 8:00 PM

Val seems decent to enough. Better to save the hate and anger for those deserving who actually can affect our lives.

by Anonymousreply 198June 21, 2022 2:37 AM

A good spray tan like she had on HiC will knock of about 10/12 lbs. The rest is up to her.

I would have never taken her for a cat person but she actually has a separate account for her cats which is pretty cute.

by Anonymousreply 199June 21, 2022 2:52 AM

I think Valerie doing a talk show about keeping g it real for the fat fraus who can’t get their shit together would actually help her. Also please have Mackenzie Phillips on. She’s turned her horrible life around and is a truly awesome person.

by Anonymousreply 200June 21, 2022 1:16 PM

I think she would be fabulous as a talk show host. I'm surprised she hasn't already done one. She filled in for Joy Behar once.

by Anonymousreply 201June 21, 2022 7:52 PM

Please, she just knows how to work the media. Lots of practice.

by Anonymousreply 202June 21, 2022 7:57 PM

Sounds like plenty of experience to me. She be a natural. She has so many friends she could have guests for years like Drew Barrymore.

by Anonymousreply 203June 21, 2022 8:34 PM

[quote] I think she would be fabulous as a talk show host. I'm surprised she hasn't already done one. She filled in for Joy Behar once.

Doing good interviews, i.e., being a good talk show host, is not so easy. Drew Barrymore is awful, IMO. All of that crap is on during the day. Who is watching? Fraus, probably.

by Anonymousreply 204June 21, 2022 9:22 PM

Yeah and she’s the ultimate fraus frau! She’s a divorcee who pines for her first love, helicopter parent to her only child and eats her emotions. She’s perfect for them to relate to.

by Anonymousreply 205June 23, 2022 12:56 PM

I bet she’s a pet hoarder as well.

by Anonymousreply 206June 23, 2022 1:06 PM

[quote]Valerie Bertinelli - I Will Spend Rest Of My Life ALONE

No shit.

by Anonymousreply 207June 23, 2022 1:09 PM

I wonder why she and Tom split up.

by Anonymousreply 208June 28, 2022 3:41 PM

I sang John Denver to you, teased you gently in front of your idiot friends, and started a tender teen romance with you that did NOT involve easy sex. We did make out in a Pinto Runabout, though.

Call me sometime. My schedule is quite open these days.

by Anonymousreply 209June 28, 2022 3:43 PM

She's bitter because she spent a good part of her life being desired by men. She was never beautiful but she was in the cute/pretty-ish category. Now she' FAT and OVER THE HILL and invisible to men- at least the good looking ones.

by Anonymousreply 210June 28, 2022 3:44 PM

Except for the happy, cats, dog, kid and possible grandkid yeah that's pretty much my situation.

by Anonymousreply 211June 28, 2022 3:47 PM

She just may as well just move into the Screen Actors Guild old people’s home and call it all day.

by Anonymousreply 212June 28, 2022 4:26 PM

I was looking forward to her latest sitcom that never got off the ground.

by Anonymousreply 213June 28, 2022 4:30 PM

Stunning and brave!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214June 30, 2022 12:40 AM

Poor Val looks like a Shriner's kid in that still.

by Anonymousreply 215June 30, 2022 1:27 AM

R215- She's got the face of an embryo growing in the womb almost ready to be born.

by Anonymousreply 216June 30, 2022 1:29 AM

Why is she so thirsty for attention?

by Anonymousreply 217June 30, 2022 3:31 AM

62 and she still acts like she is 16.

by Anonymousreply 218June 30, 2022 3:37 AM

It’s Eddie Van Halen and Eddie The Eagles hate child. WTF is wrong with her? So “brave” to be filterless. No so stupid since it drives home how much weight she’s gained and how she’s in desperate need of constant attention whether it’s good or bad. Who knew Mackenzie Phillips would be the more sane and rational one ?

by Anonymousreply 219June 30, 2022 3:41 AM

I always thought she was kind of cute and harmless. Who knew she was this crazy?

by Anonymousreply 220June 30, 2022 3:46 AM

Mackenzie was a coke/heroin whore, fucking her father. And Val is crazy?

by Anonymousreply 221June 30, 2022 7:21 AM

Valerie is not crazy so much as needy. She needs the affirmation that her fans bring her.

by Anonymousreply 222June 30, 2022 3:56 PM

I’m happy alone and If I had no financial worries I’d be even happier. You’d have time to relax in luxury, pursue a hobby or art with no distractions, travel, money for hookers if you’re horny and you could do whatever you wanted 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 223June 30, 2022 3:58 PM

R222- She needs the affirmation that good looking men are still attracted to her- which they are NOT

by Anonymousreply 224June 30, 2022 3:59 PM

R216 OMG you’re right!

by Anonymousreply 225June 30, 2022 5:31 PM

Her second husband was no looker. I'm sure she knows that ship sailed 25 years and 75 pounds ago.

by Anonymousreply 226June 30, 2022 5:34 PM

"I'm sure you Single Gays Over 50 can relate to what Val is saying - right?"

No, piglet, as it's all been uphill since turning 40 - I am 52 now and still getting more hot 20s and 30s cock than I ever did in my 20s and 30s.

by Anonymousreply 227June 30, 2022 5:42 PM

Tom Vitale is pretty good looking actually.

by Anonymousreply 228July 2, 2022 1:55 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229July 22, 2022 7:04 PM

Good for him. My local Post Office is hiring and I've thought of applying. The workers there (at my local PO) seem really cool. Maybe I could just work there seasonally, like during Christmas season.

by Anonymousreply 230July 22, 2022 9:06 PM

Does Tom miss her smelly snatch?

by Anonymousreply 231July 22, 2022 10:58 PM

She may eat more than a spinster at a baby shower, but I have always liked her and I wish her the best!

by Anonymousreply 232July 22, 2022 11:03 PM

It's one of those mail box stores, not the post office. I'm sure he called the paps for PR. No one would recognize him otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 233July 22, 2022 11:15 PM

Those mail box stores aren’t going to have good benefits or decent pay like USPS. This is weird.

by Anonymousreply 234July 23, 2022 12:08 AM

if Tom was her manager he should have been given at least 10% of her earnings. A pre-nup should have nothing to do with it. If she didn't give it to him out of basic fairness she's even worse than the worst thing posters have said about her here. And Tom was a fool for not splitting when he was still young.

by Anonymousreply 235July 23, 2022 12:23 AM

Tom is still hot for his age, and will get a payout. He will find a younger hotter woman and live the rest of his life happy.

by Anonymousreply 236July 23, 2022 12:30 AM

I once asked her why she thought she would spend the rest of her life alone and she farted in my face!

by Anonymousreply 237July 23, 2022 12:36 AM

Tom is not hot, and he's not getting anyone younger and prettier at $16 an hour.

by Anonymousreply 238July 23, 2022 12:59 AM

He’s asking for $50k a month, r238. He probably won’t get that, but I bet he will get at least half of what he’s asking for.

by Anonymousreply 239July 23, 2022 1:06 AM

Even $300k a year is nothing in LA, especially if he's paying rent. And that won't be forever. No hot young thing will go for that.

by Anonymousreply 240July 23, 2022 1:11 AM

If the ex was actually a financial planner, that makes his prenup case even worse. I like Valerie, although I only watched Hot In Cleveland - not the show when she was a kid.

I doubt she threw him out with no money. He can fuck himself with that tired, planted story..

by Anonymousreply 241July 23, 2022 4:25 AM

[quote]Even $300k a year is nothing in LA,

You’re reaching. $300k a year in LA is great as a single person.

by Anonymousreply 242July 23, 2022 4:27 AM

She cooks foods that make you fart often. The smelly kind of farts.

by Anonymousreply 243July 23, 2022 10:10 AM

[quote]Fat Whiny Has-Been R&R Whore Admits No One Wants Her But Puts Pressure on Children to Breed"

Where the hell do you get this shit? No way was Valarie Bertinelli ever a groupie, let alone a rock'n'roll whore. VB never serial dated rockstars. I swear some of you posters literally pull shit out of your asses.

It's apparent, Eddie was her one true love and she's depressed. Some people cannot let go of certain relationships. Eddie chose alcohol, drugs and cigarettes over his wife and son.

You seem fucking clueless. It's amazing how so many posters here seem to have no clue about the backstories of the celebrities they post about.

by Anonymousreply 244July 23, 2022 12:01 PM

I will spend the rest of my life on a lawn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245July 23, 2022 12:27 PM

When you fart from barbeque chicken the fart retains some of the aroma from the barbeque chicken. It's the only food where that happens. Does Valerie include barbeque chicken in any of her recipes? (I don't watch her)

by Anonymousreply 246July 23, 2022 4:54 PM

If he was her manager, most likely he was paid his commissions as they were earned. Val owned her house years before they met, and was smart enough to have a prenup- which he now doesn't want to abide by.

That he's money grubbing now is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 247July 23, 2022 10:36 PM

If he was truly a manager, he would have other clients, if he doesn't, well he was just using her as his meal ticket. I like Val, I hope she decides to pull away from social media and work on her mental health issues.

by Anonymousreply 248July 23, 2022 10:47 PM

At least she was smart enough to put provisions in place. High legal fees are still cheaper than finding out you're worked since a kid and are broke.

Loser husband manager, tale as old as time.

by Anonymousreply 249July 23, 2022 11:32 PM

Now, if only Melissa McCarthy can get rid of her deadweight one.

by Anonymousreply 250July 24, 2022 12:06 AM

Financial planner my ass.

by Anonymousreply 251July 24, 2022 2:51 AM

She wanted a man and he was there for her. This is no different than the other better looking women that get alimony from husbands. The sexes are changed around. Good lord, look at Jerry Hall recently. Everyone was saying that she should take the cash for having to fuck him. The very wealthy spouse will always be very wealthy, even after alimony. Don’t get married if you want to be a selfish bitch and not share.

by Anonymousreply 252July 24, 2022 4:49 AM

She just should have hired young hot gigolos to service her needs as needed, it would have been way cheaper, and I bet way more fun in the long run.

by Anonymousreply 253July 24, 2022 8:01 AM

How rich men can thwart a golddigger: Step 1: Get a vasectomy but keep it quiet. Step 2. Tell her you don't want children and see if she'll agree. Step 3. After she agrees have her sign a fool proof pre-nup. Step 4: Marry her. Step 5. At a proper time casually mention about the vasectomy. Step 6. Wait to see if she'll run for the door and enjoy listening to whatever fanciful excuse she gives.

by Anonymousreply 254July 24, 2022 8:31 AM

R252, who said Val was a selfish bitch? He agreed to a prenup, and since CA is a community property state, he is entitled to any assets gained during the marriage. Just as she is- assuming he made anything. If he's asking for $600k a year, it's doubtful.

Not comparable to Jerry Hall and Rupert Murdoch. She married a billionaire beast 25 years older. Tom and Val are about the same age.

by Anonymousreply 255July 24, 2022 10:40 AM

Wonder what this Public Relations language means. Perhaps Valerie eventually got bored with this very bland man and found nothing interesting to hang onto?

"Valerie and Tom's split has not been easy.

In her book Enough Already: Learning to Love the Way I Am Today, Bertinelli described her parting from Vitale as slow and painful.

'We have drifted from the interests that made us a couple and found that those differences can't be fixed,' she said.

'He is a good man who is going through many of the same issues that I have faced: What can he do to add meaning and purpose to his life?

'Where can he find joy? What is he passionate about? What has he learned? And what does he do differently going forward? The paths we thought we were on changed'."

by Anonymousreply 256July 24, 2022 11:02 AM

Does anyone know about Tom's first wife and 4 kids? I can't find much, other than Tom had a failed business after he married Val.

by Anonymousreply 257July 24, 2022 11:22 AM

R256, translation- I got tired of supporting his ass and he won't work.

by Anonymousreply 258July 24, 2022 12:21 PM

She is lost because she planned on getting back with Eddie.

by Anonymousreply 259July 24, 2022 3:53 PM

I'd like to see Val do a few sessions with Dr. Paul Weston.

by Anonymousreply 260July 24, 2022 4:01 PM

[quote]Does anyone know about Tom's first wife and 4 kids? I can't find much, other than Tom had a failed business after he married Val.

So this guy marries a second time later in life, has already been married and has 4 children, and he thinks Valerie owes him spousal support after the divorce? She chose a real loser. Wonder why she was so desperate.

by Anonymousreply 261July 25, 2022 6:11 AM

It wasn't even that late in life - they started dating when he was 40, so his kids were probably still fairly young.

by Anonymousreply 262July 25, 2022 3:20 PM

Advice to Valerie bertinelli. Don't you worry none you just take life as it comes one day at a time

by Anonymousreply 263July 25, 2022 11:27 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264July 26, 2022 12:36 AM

This bum's financial planner license expired in 2004. Was Val supporting his ex and kids too?

by Anonymousreply 265July 26, 2022 3:36 AM

The woman who angry-cries on Instagram and TicTok when someone comments that she's gained a little weight:

[quote]Her assets are worth $34,705,422 and her debts as $3,042,312. She has a SAG Producers Pension Plan that will generate $8,000 per month when she reaches age 65, and an AFTRA Pension Plan. She receives residuals, royalties, income, and other benefits from personal work individually or through her corporations. Bertinelli’s average monthly income is $179,346 and her expenses come to $85,313. Bertinelli’s primary home is worth $5.5 million, her Malibu property is worth $14.282 million and her Mulholland home is worth $2.2 million.

by Anonymousreply 266July 26, 2022 3:40 AM

Meaning, how can someone with so much to be grateful for (good health and great wealth) be regularly so publicly offended and angry and sad?

by Anonymousreply 267July 26, 2022 3:43 AM

I agree. She needs some therapy and possibly medication as well because she is not a happy woman. All she does is complain.

by Anonymousreply 268July 26, 2022 3:55 AM

*TikTok

by Anonymousreply 269July 26, 2022 3:56 AM

I have always found Valerie and her many houses to be quite alluring!

by Anonymousreply 270July 26, 2022 3:59 AM

To R66....You are correct!! I LOVE being alone& I am never lonely.

Some people never learned how to do that.

by Anonymousreply 271July 26, 2022 4:15 AM

I thought I saw Mira Sorvino's husband loitering around the gates of her Malibu place.

by Anonymousreply 272July 26, 2022 4:31 AM

Tom held her purse for 10 years.

He deserves something.

by Anonymousreply 273July 27, 2022 3:24 AM

Yes, he does deserve something. What he agreed to in 2010.

by Anonymousreply 274July 27, 2022 5:13 AM

R210, you're describing more than half the posters here at DL.

But, why take joy in the idea that women are considered disposable due to attractiveness and age...two things they have no control over. Gay men should have more sympathy, because they know what it's like to have your self image formed by whether men desire you or not.

by Anonymousreply 275July 27, 2022 5:29 AM

I wonder what caused the breakup of their marriage beyond the public statement she made about them growing apart as people. She has quite a hot temper as evidenced by her Twitter rants.

by Anonymousreply 276July 27, 2022 5:30 PM

Growing apart is code for her happily shutting things down in their bedroom years ago, like a lot of married women her age do. Her proclamation that she has no desire to have another man in her bed ever again also points to that

by Anonymousreply 277July 28, 2022 12:13 AM

Or, she got tired of supporting a loser.

by Anonymousreply 278July 28, 2022 12:26 AM

Wah! Wah! Wah! Wah! 😫

by Anonymousreply 279July 28, 2022 1:52 AM

Valerie's probably been advised to be very careful what she publicly says about her. No celebrity wants to be the defendant in a public trial where the details of their troubled marriage are open to the public, ala Depp/Heard.

by Anonymousreply 280July 28, 2022 3:56 AM

* about her ex.

by Anonymousreply 281July 28, 2022 3:56 AM

Val may learn a very expensive lesson, that normally happens to men. Or not, she certainly seemed mindful of her financials. $30 million net worth (real, not a fake site) is quite impressive.

by Anonymousreply 282July 28, 2022 5:19 AM

As someone who has made huge amounts of money acting since she was a teenager and was married for decades to a hugely successful musician, $30 mil sounds like she made some big financial mistakes over the years. Either mismanagement, spending too much or not investing wisely over the years.

by Anonymousreply 283July 28, 2022 1:03 PM

Only on DL is $30 million mismanagement, where everyone has millions saved for retirement.

by Anonymousreply 284July 28, 2022 3:15 PM

If the $30 mill is accurate, it must be because Val hired r284 as her attorney for her divorce from Eddie

by Anonymousreply 285July 28, 2022 5:45 PM

You can't really go by Val's net worth, because some things were put in trust for Wolfgang- like Eddie's studio. That alone is worth $7.5 million+.

by Anonymousreply 286July 28, 2022 5:51 PM

I wish I had $8,000 a month for flower arrangements alone. The flowers are getting paid more than the husband..

by Anonymousreply 287July 28, 2022 9:27 PM

That's flowers for 2 houses. Reasonable.

by Anonymousreply 288July 28, 2022 9:45 PM

At her age, she can go lez and no one would care!

by Anonymousreply 289July 28, 2022 9:48 PM

Did Tom and Wolfie get along?

by Anonymousreply 290July 28, 2022 9:54 PM

Ugh, she just went on TikTok for eleven seconds to say she’s having a better day today. Valerie, I don’t need the temperature taken of your mood every day.

by Anonymousreply 291August 26, 2022 1:58 AM

R291 She is so tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 292August 26, 2022 1:59 AM

R292 So is every Frau in existence.

by Anonymousreply 293August 26, 2022 2:47 AM

Good for her. Men contribute next to nothing of value to a woman’s life, they mostly just cause problems.

by Anonymousreply 294August 27, 2022 2:38 AM

Is Val eating a plate of nachos tonight?

by Anonymousreply 295August 27, 2022 3:38 AM

Is she diddling herself tonight?

by Anonymousreply 296August 27, 2022 9:52 AM

She would be the perfect person to be the spokesperson for an older lady battery operated self pleasuring device.

by Anonymousreply 297August 27, 2022 1:10 PM

Does Valerie have to "roll herself in flour& aim for the wet spot"?

by Anonymousreply 298August 27, 2022 6:32 PM

So let's Wop on the beat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299August 27, 2022 10:18 PM

Whaaaaa? I thought he was a successful financial planner.

by Anonymousreply 300August 29, 2022 8:17 AM

Whaaaa?? I thought he was a successful financial planner.

by Anonymousreply 301August 29, 2022 8:20 AM

She threw away pride, decency and love for a rotten little tramp and the sick excitement of the Food Network world.

Not to mention that Kwanzaa cake.

Oh, wait, I thought this was a Sandra Lee thread...

by Anonymousreply 302August 29, 2022 8:49 AM

Too much white walls& furniture, easily fixable. The pool area...Fabulous, needs more colorful flowers-shrubs.

The KITCHEN....I can cook in that, really well!! My kind of Kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 303August 29, 2022 4:48 PM

Val gets rid of the bad juju from her house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304September 14, 2022 7:11 AM

R304 Lord, both her and her son are so passive aggressive and bitchy crybabies.

by Anonymousreply 305September 14, 2022 7:23 AM

Greg and I would love cooking in that kitchen. Just a pity I live in Australia and Greg's over on the East Coast.

by Anonymousreply 306September 14, 2022 7:24 AM

How tacky.

by Anonymousreply 307September 14, 2022 1:29 PM

I wonder what his side of the story is.

by Anonymousreply 308September 14, 2022 2:53 PM

I'm certain there are a few "bad memories attached" for him as well as he was in a marriage where he had to be a brother husband with Eddie

by Anonymousreply 309September 14, 2022 3:09 PM

She should just burn the house down, that will get rid of it all.

by Anonymousreply 310September 14, 2022 3:34 PM

Is he still working at the UPS store? I need to buy some stamps.

by Anonymousreply 311September 14, 2022 4:31 PM

They covered this on The View today.

by Anonymousreply 312September 15, 2022 9:58 PM

Valerie’s ex working at UPS, that sounds embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 313September 15, 2022 10:07 PM

[quote]Valerie’s ex working at UPS, that sounds embarrassing.

Why is making an honest living embarrassing?

by Anonymousreply 314September 15, 2022 10:40 PM

R313 No, to have those bitter, wealthy old women on The View picking it apart is what makes it embarrassing, there’s no need for them to be discussing that unless they are courting Valerie to join the show. It’s sounding more and more like she’d fit right in though.

by Anonymousreply 315September 15, 2022 10:58 PM

She's obviously still very bitter.

by Anonymousreply 316September 15, 2022 11:16 PM

I don't see why she has to be so public about this. She's losing dignity points right and left here.

by Anonymousreply 317September 16, 2022 5:12 PM

R317 I don’t think “dignity” is in her vocabulary.

by Anonymousreply 318September 16, 2022 5:14 PM

Val could have Matthew Perry if she wanted him

by Anonymousreply 319October 27, 2022 1:12 AM

^ with his fucked up insides she'd have to cook him very bland meals....not fun.

by Anonymousreply 320October 27, 2022 7:44 AM

This is Valerie:

"Eddie had purchased Valerie a gold bar the size of a pendant while undergoing cancer treatment in Germany.

The rocker requested to speak with her privately on Thanksgiving Day in 2019 and gave her the touching gift after they went to a friend's car to talk.

'I hope you don't think it's weird, you know, that I bought my ex-wife this gift and didn't get my wife anything,' Eddie said with tears in his eyes. 'I just love you.'"

Got you a present but not my wife. I just love you.

WTF. For her to tell this story publicly, whether it's true or not, is such a passive-aggressive gloat at Eddie's second wife, a fuck-you to her second husband, and makes Eddie look like a disloyal asshole. Who needs to know this? To prove to everyone that SHE was Eddie's true love? I don't think she loved him, he was her trophy and after he died she lost that hope that one day he'd get back together with her. She'll be yapping, "I was Ed's soul mate," for the rest of her life.

by Anonymousreply 321October 27, 2022 8:25 AM

Eddie fucked thousands of women while married to Valerie. She has no self respect.

by Anonymousreply 322October 27, 2022 9:45 AM

How bad could the last husband have been?

by Anonymousreply 323October 27, 2022 6:55 PM

She was happier when Eddie was busy screwing other women. Her last husband kept bothering her for sex and she needed to get rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 324October 27, 2022 8:38 PM

Valerie Bertinelli: “I choose to be grateful…on my knees.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325October 29, 2022 5:25 AM

This is life, the one you get, so go and have a ball

by Anonymousreply 326October 29, 2022 5:28 AM

She's still very attractive even with the extra weight. Unlike Madonna, she still looks like herself and has sex appeal.

by Anonymousreply 327October 30, 2022 7:56 AM

A financial planner who had no children with his wife is asking for spousa support? Please tell me that's a joke

by Anonymousreply 328October 31, 2022 12:45 AM

I think Eddie got a few drunken beejers from Dave along with those thousands of groupies he fucked.

by Anonymousreply 329October 31, 2022 9:36 PM

I wanna see Valerie and her dildo in her snatch. Yummy!

by Anonymousreply 330October 31, 2022 10:31 PM

She could date Matthew Perry. Bring it full circle. 🔵

by Anonymousreply 331October 31, 2022 11:20 PM

And make out on Eddie Van Halen’s grave.

by Anonymousreply 332October 31, 2022 11:25 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333November 23, 2022 7:38 PM

Poor Val.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334November 23, 2022 7:47 PM

Stay away from marriage, Val dear.

by Anonymousreply 335November 23, 2022 8:04 PM

The husband had to leave her. He was afraid she'd put barbeque sauce on him and start chowing down.

by Anonymousreply 336November 23, 2022 8:07 PM

More Money, More Problems.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337November 23, 2022 8:33 PM

She owes him more than that for putting up with her. And her one true love Eddie.

by Anonymousreply 338November 23, 2022 9:04 PM

I wish he would clap back but apparently he's too dignified a person to get in the mud with her. Just like Eddie's last wife.

by Anonymousreply 339November 23, 2022 9:10 PM

She's probably pissed and has just written him a check for a large lump sum (divorce settlement). He was featured on her cooking show, so she benefited from him, as well. (Here I am, cooking for my husband!)

by Anonymousreply 340November 23, 2022 9:13 PM

I have been with my boyfriend 14 years, but we still have our own places. Used to be I tried to be with him as much as possible. But the last 2 years I don't mind being alone more and he doesn't either (he doesn't say it, probably doesn't want to hurt my feelings..ha)

As for Valerie I think in the back of her mind she always thought she would get back with Eddie.

by Anonymousreply 341November 23, 2022 9:14 PM

[quote]She just wants to binge in peace.

r33 nails it

by Anonymousreply 342November 23, 2022 9:39 PM

Was she always this starved for attention? Perhaps she needs to do a reality show.

by Anonymousreply 343November 24, 2022 2:07 AM

I used to see her ex husband sitting in the audience when she was on talk shows, I thought he was being supportive of her. I don't know if her ex is a jerk but she strikes me as the type who constantly needs reassurance, he must have had patience with her.

by Anonymousreply 344November 24, 2022 2:36 AM

Mark Royer was her best husband.

by Anonymousreply 345November 24, 2022 2:41 AM

[quote]Bertinelli recently parted ways with the shoes she wore on their wedding day. "Dropped a few things off with @therealreal," Bertinelli, 62, captioned a series of photos that included sleek brown Jimmy Choo strappy heels complete with diamond studs. In the snap, Bertinelli also held what appeared to be two wedding bands in front of a classic Tiffany & Co. box. "A couple of Tiffany rings that have some bad memories attached and a pair of shoes I wore to a wedding in January 2011 😉," she said of her items, adding: "They should be up in a couple of weeks!

Wonder what happened. They seemed like an ordinary, bland but happy couple The article says they dated for years before marrying. Strange.

by Anonymousreply 346November 24, 2022 2:53 AM

the quote at r346 makes her sound petty and attention grabbing.

by Anonymousreply 347November 24, 2022 4:13 AM

does she mean alone, alone?

by Anonymousreply 348November 24, 2022 4:18 AM

[quote]the quote at [R346] makes her sound petty and attention grabbing.

Valerie supported Johnny Depp during the trail last summer. Maybe her husband was threatening to malign her publicly and she related to Depp? It's a stretch...but maybe a clue as to what happened. Or, conversely, maybe she wasn't nice to him and related to Depp "playing victim" (as some thought he was doing). Anyway, two million is a lot of dough.

by Anonymousreply 349November 24, 2022 4:23 AM

A stitch in time saves nine, Val!

by Anonymousreply 350November 24, 2022 4:25 AM

*trial

by Anonymousreply 351November 24, 2022 10:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!