Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Omaha Steaks - Yay or Nay?

My dad just sent me two beautiful porterhouses from Omaha Steaks for my birthday. They're humongous! I've never had a piece of meat from a company like this. Has anyone else?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 8, 2022 3:04 PM

I purchased them for my dad once for Christmas and all he did was bitch about the subpar quality but he's a mean prick so take it as you will.

by Anonymousreply 1June 7, 2022 8:39 PM

Low quality vacuum wrapped meat.

by Anonymousreply 2June 7, 2022 8:51 PM

They're kinda OK. But not outstanding as one would expect.

by Anonymousreply 3June 7, 2022 9:07 PM

A friend use to send me variety gift boxes from them, its was a nice but expensive gesture for frozen meat & seafood.

by Anonymousreply 4June 7, 2022 9:09 PM

Someone sent me a gift box a few years ago. Wasn't impressed.

by Anonymousreply 5June 7, 2022 9:14 PM

^ Papa, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 6June 7, 2022 9:30 PM

"Why would you even...?"

by Anonymousreply 7June 7, 2022 9:42 PM

Not impressed. Very small steaks that are frozen and not much better than you would get at a Ponderosa in the day.

by Anonymousreply 8June 7, 2022 9:44 PM

Sounds trashy, OP.

by Anonymousreply 9June 7, 2022 9:45 PM

On old-time TV and radio, this was called payola. Work a product name into the on-air chat and you'd find buckets of steaks or whatnot arriving at your door.

by Anonymousreply 10June 7, 2022 10:50 PM

Nay. My sister got them yearly from a friend, and it was a lovely gesture. But she said it really wasn't very good, at all. She finally got her friend to stop.

by Anonymousreply 11June 7, 2022 10:52 PM

Received as a gift. It's a hard pass. You can do better at the Whole Foods meat counter (for probably less than what OS charges)

by Anonymousreply 12June 7, 2022 10:59 PM

I have a relative who swears by their “feel-A’s.” He also likes Eric Clapton.

by Anonymousreply 13June 7, 2022 11:08 PM

Has anyone used Butcher Box?

by Anonymousreply 14June 7, 2022 11:15 PM

I get my same Grade-A meat delivered nightly, in person.

by Anonymousreply 15June 7, 2022 11:41 PM

It's Yea or Nay.

by Anonymousreply 16June 7, 2022 11:50 PM

I wonder if that Rastellis meat from QVC is any better.

They sure as hell are expensive, too.

by Anonymousreply 17June 8, 2022 12:32 AM

The only good thing is if you are into portion control and lazy. Those little filets are 8 bites.

by Anonymousreply 18June 8, 2022 12:35 AM

Sending someone a quality cut of meat 🥩 is only half the equation; it’s a wasted gift if they don’t know how to properly prepare and cook it. 🔥

by Anonymousreply 19June 8, 2022 12:39 AM

I used to send them to my parents and they enjoyed them.

I'd stack sales and cash back coupons and manage to take about 40% off the retail price so it wasn't really expensive.

by Anonymousreply 20June 8, 2022 12:39 AM

You would think the best, top drawer cows would be in those square states. I'm surprised they're not good.

by Anonymousreply 21June 8, 2022 12:41 AM

The answer is 'no', OP. Absolutely no one else has had an Omaha steak.

by Anonymousreply 22June 8, 2022 12:54 AM

Nay. Find a food supply wholesale store- US Foods has them. They sell to the public, like Sam's/Costco, but no membership is required. Buy your meat from them.

by Anonymousreply 23June 8, 2022 12:57 AM

Porterhouse steaks with prune sauce, yum!

by Anonymousreply 24June 8, 2022 1:04 AM

[quote]I used to send them to my parents and they enjoyed them.

They lied.

by Anonymousreply 25June 8, 2022 1:17 AM

They're only worth it during 50% off (or more) promos. The steaks are better than most supermarket meat, but not nearly as good some other high-end purveyors. I prefer Allen Brothers and Snake River Farms. They supply steaks to many of the best restaurants.

I like Omaha Steaks' hamburger patties, airline chicken breasts and some of their fish fillets better than their steaks.

by Anonymousreply 26June 8, 2022 1:21 AM

I still think it's a nice gift. It was fun getting that big box with the dry ice.

by Anonymousreply 27June 8, 2022 3:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!