Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Family fights

Post em

One time my grandma and I got into a big fight. She told me I couldn’t go get in the pool. I had already invited my boyfriend over. I got in anyway. She comes down to the pool all pissed off yelling at me to get out. I told her to go fucking back inside the house and to leave us the fuck alone! She went inside and called my mom. Like I really gave a shit. I was forced to apologize for cussing at her. I never understood why I couldn’t swim that day in my own godamned pool. I think she didn’t want me to be with my boyfriend because she couldn’t handle having a gay grandson.

by Anonymousreply 126October 16, 2022 5:33 AM

This is a dirty deed

I’ve told this before in other threads. I was obsessed with Flashdance when I was 8 or 9. My friends and I would pretend we were in the movie while playing in the fun fountain in my yard. One day my uncle is on the patio watching us. He stands up and boos after my Flashdance performance. I was so mad. Later that day I took a shit in his baseball cap that he left outdoors on the patio.

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2022 10:12 PM

R1 made me LOL.

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2022 10:15 PM

My sister and I were fighting over playing the piano. She was the one who took the lessons, so she said it was “practicing”. I just wanted to pick out songs by ear because I thought I had talent at it (I don’t).

I slapped her across the face and immediately cried “Don’t tell Mommy! don’t tell Mommy!”

She didn’t, bless her.

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2022 10:17 PM

All these stories sound like they happened in Baltimore in the 1970s.

Was Divine involved?

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2022 10:25 PM

My father decided I was going to join the Cub Scouts (this, of course, without any discussion between us), I decided I was not. I was an awkward, shy little kid at the time, but when he dropped me off at the meeting place, I decided to do something really awful to get thrown out, so I picked-out a kid that looked even more pathetic then me, and punched him in the face (I don't think I had ever even thought of hitting anyone prior to that). The call was made, my father came to pick me up, his only comment was "I know exactly what you did", and that was the end of that.

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2022 10:31 PM

My aunt killed her husband and tried to tell everyone he shot himself, but she told me 1 week earlier she often thought about shooting him. I told the police and they arrested her. I testified in court against her. She’s serving life in prison.

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2022 11:50 PM

All my family did was fight. One time I got into a nasty fight with my mother, who was an evil cunt, and was trying to show off in front of her white trash friends. I grabbed one is my dad’s shit guns and shot her purse. They scattered like pigeons out of the house.

by Anonymousreply 7June 6, 2022 12:09 AM

^ Shot guns. But it was a shitty single barrel

by Anonymousreply 8June 6, 2022 12:09 AM

I don't have any family fights(that I would post about). I over heard a messy family squabble the other day by the local Fred Meyer(Kroger) near the bottle return area(go figure). It happens so frequently that I didn't even bother looking in that direction.

Here's a fresh grocery store brawl for your viewing entertainment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 6, 2022 1:46 AM

My parents fought so much, I was glad when they got divorced. The one line I most remember is my mom saying, "Don't you throw that toaster at me!"

by Anonymousreply 10June 6, 2022 1:58 AM

I’ve told this one here before: I was riding a giant dick [italic]in my own room[/italic] one day after classes and my mom came home early from work. She was screeching and throwing things when I yelled, “Get out! Get out! If you can’t please Daddy, I know I can!”

We never spoke of it again, but I think she remembers.

by Anonymousreply 11June 6, 2022 2:00 AM

One of earliest memories is my mom holding my dad at gunpoint and cops screaming at her to put the gun down. It had started when my dad who had been kicked out some weeks before came into the house at 2 am after having followed my mom home from the bar. She had brought home another dude and he was mad and came in to throw the guy out t of the house.

by Anonymousreply 12June 6, 2022 2:06 AM

OP is such a great role model for gay youth.

Of course in this case the OP was 47 and Granny was 87. OP's mom had to have her babysit even then because the OP couldn't be trusted not to leave the refrigerator open, the bathtub overflowing, or condoms floating in the curiously colored hot tub water.

by Anonymousreply 13June 6, 2022 2:16 AM

The fucking Christmas tree.

My stupid and slutty aunt thought it would be fun and embiggen her status if she and her jailbird beau of the moment went up to the snowline and cut down a tree (probably in a state forest) for the family. They had it all put up before Gramps got back from the bar.

"How dare they, their tree was robbery, it wasn't even the right kind of tree, nobody asked you for a fucking tree. I was heading out tomorrow to buy the tree myself from the guy running the lot down the road. You're thieves and lowlifes, just as I always said you would end up......."

Then he sat there all night glaring at the tinsel over his emptying bottle of Gallo wine. Next day, my aunt got tired of his looks and tossed it out back to wither and expire totally.

by Anonymousreply 14June 6, 2022 2:21 AM

R6 When she told you, did she sing "He had it coming. He had it coming. He only had himself to blame."?

by Anonymousreply 15June 6, 2022 2:22 PM

“Embiggen”, R14?

Is that a perfectly cromulent word where you come from?

by Anonymousreply 16June 6, 2022 2:29 PM

How old were you when you told/testified, r6?

by Anonymousreply 17June 6, 2022 2:33 PM

It's in the dic, R14

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 6, 2022 2:41 PM

r17, I was 48. It happened a year ago.

by Anonymousreply 19June 6, 2022 6:18 PM

my mom hated her mother-in-law, my grandma. she used to call her up every afternoon around 3:30 pm and blare the Brady Bunch theme song from the TV then hang up. She did this for several weeks.

Also, my mom would mail threatening or harassing letters to my grandma. She'd cut words and letters out of magazines and paste them to copy machine paper. I do not remember most of the content of the letters but I do remember seeing the word "FUCK" and "SHIT" in some of the letters. When I asked my mom what she was doing she would tell me she was working on a project for the public radio station she volunteered for. It was a lie because my grandma told me later on my mom mailed lots of harassing letters to her.

by Anonymousreply 20June 6, 2022 6:31 PM

This is a thread about crazy bitches and I’m living for it!

by Anonymousreply 21June 6, 2022 6:40 PM

I thought my family was dysfunctional, but I’ve got nothing on some of these stories. Most of the ugly fights I had with my brother involved control of the TV. I remember him chasing me around the house with a steak knife once. He also pushed my grandma down a (short) flight of stairs once…I don’t remember what that was about.

by Anonymousreply 22June 6, 2022 7:01 PM

Yikes, R22?

How many times has your brother been a guest of the county/state?

by Anonymousreply 23June 6, 2022 7:04 PM

I was once accused of attempting to steal my mother's dead body as well as poisoning my brothers children among other things.

by Anonymousreply 24June 6, 2022 7:07 PM

Well…we’re you, R24?

Did the poisoning take?

by Anonymousreply 25June 6, 2022 7:20 PM

my folks got into a loud argument inside a restaurant one time and I loudly interrupted "OH GOD, WHY ME"?!! I was only 8 or 9. That shut em up.

by Anonymousreply 26June 6, 2022 7:53 PM

r13 I was 15 or 16 years old! FFS!!!

by Anonymousreply 27June 6, 2022 8:19 PM

R25 no.iwouodvr happily poisoned my brother if could get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 28June 6, 2022 10:04 PM

R1, you now have a shit-bra, right?

by Anonymousreply 29June 6, 2022 10:39 PM

R29 Wouldn't that be called a crap cap?

by Anonymousreply 30June 6, 2022 10:41 PM

R7, shit-gun is now the new DL shit-bra. Congratulations. Muriel will be sending you a fresh shit-pile via UPS.

by Anonymousreply 31June 6, 2022 10:45 PM

I like to drink and I like to fight.

by Anonymousreply 32June 7, 2022 12:43 AM

That little bastard wasn't even my grandson. His useless mother would stick me with him and I KNEW he wasn't my son's kid because his balls never dropped and she was cattin' around with every cock of the rock in the whole damned trailer park. I SEEN her coming in at 4 am all dripping like a satisfied Molly in heat because I happened to be arriving home myself across the street.

I knew I shoulda dropped my hitch at the Valley Deep place five miles down. But they've had seven tornados go through in the last year and a half and that just kind of spooked me.

I mean, that kid's donor must have been something from a swamp. You talk about dumb. And UGLY.

And by the way the "pool" was one of those kiddie wading pools and it was full of algae and rotten leaves because his mother is such a whore.

Just leave me out of it, Clevon. I've told you I'm giving your mother's contact info to my son if you don't git.

Tell your sisters hi for me when they get out of prison.

Coffee's running out.

by Anonymousreply 33June 7, 2022 1:13 AM

R16, the world must have been a rather dull and impossible place while the human race waited around a few hundred thousand years before anyone thought to write a dictionary telling everyone what words were "real" and which were fake.

by Anonymousreply 34June 7, 2022 1:16 AM

One time my mom and I were having a terrible argument. I accused her of being mad that my brother and I were close because she was (is) in love with him.

In the more distant past, my sibs and I were on a cross country drive with my dad. He threatened to hit me. I was around fourteen, and had money with me. I told him if he hit me he would never see me again. (I was shy and scared, but I planned in my head to jump out of the car and find a bus station to get home to my mom's house.) He never threatened me or hit me again. It was one of my strongest moments in life.

by Anonymousreply 35June 7, 2022 1:20 AM

I called them names like bitch and bastard at during a family reunion. I would have thrown dog shit at my uncle’s face if he would have come out of hiding in the bathroom. That dumb fuck.

by Anonymousreply 36June 7, 2022 1:44 AM

My friend Julie (yes, a real friend named Julie, who was almost as cunty as our DL version) told me that her drunken mother and even drunker grandmother got into a fistfight in the icy driveway on Christmas Day. The brawl resulted in Grandma's dentures being extracted and thrown into the street.

by Anonymousreply 37June 7, 2022 4:32 AM

Was this your grandma's favorite song, r32?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 7, 2022 4:41 AM

Oh man, I’m at a loss for words. These stores are horrifying.

by Anonymousreply 39June 7, 2022 4:47 AM

Last Christmas, My mother and my brother got into a screaming match over whether beet greens can be put down the disposal.

So that was fun.

by Anonymousreply 40June 7, 2022 7:10 AM

Jenny Gardner of All My Children tragically died the year my parents split, & Mom was edgy. The day of the TV funeral, Greg, Jenny’s hubby, was wailing & making these horrible sounds, which my sister was copying. Mom was in the shower & kept yelling for my sister to cut it out, which only made her do it more, & louder.

So Mom ran out, soaking wet & stark naked, straight to the kitchen drawer to get out the dreaded wooden spoon to spank my sis. She got it & started chasing her around the coffee table, but my sister kept ducking & changing direction & couldn’t be caught. Their going in circles reminded me of the story of Sambo.

Anyway, realizing she couldn’t catch her that way, Mom JUMPED onto the coffee table & in her desperate flailing, broke the wooden spoon on her own head! That kinda ended everything.

About 15 years later in college, I had to write a story of an family incident, & obviously picked that one. In one of our phone convos I told Mom that I decided to write a funny story about a family squabble, & she went dead silent. “Not THAT?!?!” I didn’t even have to her, she already knew.

by Anonymousreply 41June 7, 2022 7:18 AM

Our parents’ marriage ended after 17 years of serial cheating on Dad’s part, his final affair was with busty coworker Brenda. 3 years after they’d split, on a Friday evening he picks my sister & me up for a trip to Record Factory, & I asked if he could buy me the 12-inch single of Bananarama’s “Trick of the Night.” He says no, he has to save his money because he’s moving to Santa Barbara to move in with Brenda.

I went crazed & hysterical, not because he was moving (good riddance), but because he was still seeing Brenda, who he’d claimed to have broken up with after they were caught out. Had it been anyone else, even a former gf, I wouldn’t have cared less, but the fact that it was Brenda made me lose my shit there in the store.

I remember crying & causing a scene, & was quickly rushed to the car. On the short drive home I was calling him every name in the book, trying to find the most hurtful word combos to wound him. I remember him saying, “How can you talk to me like that? Children are supposed to love their parents,” to which I retorted, “Oh yeah? Well, some children KILL their parents!” (Only because I’d seen this very topic on that day’s Donahue literally 3 hours earlier). “Are you THREATENING me?”

We got home & I immediately started blubbering to my mother (who was home watching The Woman in Red) that Dad was moving to SB with Brenda (isn’t the other woman always a Brenda?) but was so hysterical she couldn’t make out what I was saying.

My sister (who has a terrible memory) has no recollection of the event, but was so stunned by my theatrics that she didn’t say a single word during the car ride home. She’s been estranged from him for a good 10 years of her adult life. He & I aren’t close, we talk maybe 3 times a year & he’s forgotten major events of my life (surgeries, etc) so I doubt I’ll br sending him a Father’s Day card on Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 42June 7, 2022 7:34 AM

This family fight actually involves two dogs.

One was a little black poodle named Baudelaire. He didn't like the Lhasa Apso, Tai Pan, who was gay and would molest Bau.

Now, each of them had a little rug kind of thing that they could rest on, and Baudelaire decided to eat away at Tai Pan's rug, thinking that once the rug was gone, the dog would be gone. I know it's illogical, but it made sense to him.

Well, sir, it took that little poodle more than a year of steady chewing at Tai's rug. Or maybe it was more of a mat. Anyway, you could see the look of confidence on Bau's face whenever he finished a heavy chewing session. He would eye the Lhasa with a kind of "Just you wait" look.

The rug got smaller and smaller, and finally it was just a little corner less than an inch long. And then it was gone, too. Baudelaire rose in triumph to gaze upon the Lhasa as he gradually faded from view...but there he was, as vivid as ever, nosing around the cat's food bowl.

And the look on Bau's face was just not to be believed!

by Anonymousreply 43June 7, 2022 7:51 AM

I wheeze-cackled through this whole thread.

by Anonymousreply 44June 7, 2022 8:29 AM

When I was a kid we had a small aluminum frying pan with a dent in it. It had a wooden handle and it was not a flimsy old thing, either.

It was dented because my mother had hit my father over the head with it during an argument. For a long time it was haha funny until I was older. I said “Mom, this is a heavy pan. I still can’t get over the size of this dent. Did he lose consciousness when you hit him with this?” She said “No. He sat there sort of stunned, rubbing his head.” I asked “Did it bleed?” She said “No. Gee, I’m really lucky I didn’t kill him. He has a thick skull.”

We used to make scrambled eggs in that thing. My sister has it now.

by Anonymousreply 45June 7, 2022 10:52 AM

Did he actually make the move with Brenda?

And, you’re right: if it’s not a Brenda, the co-worker whores a Linda, Pam or Barbara.

by Anonymousreply 46June 7, 2022 1:41 PM

Sorry that was for R42.

by Anonymousreply 47June 7, 2022 1:41 PM

Don't ask.

As an example, when my great-uncle was shot by his ex-son-in-law (don't ask), my Grandmother insisted that if my great-uncle's ex-wife (don't ask) showed up, we were all to line up in front of the casket so that she could not see his body.

Then again, my Grandmother fucked her daughter's husband a couple of times (don't ask).

by Anonymousreply 48June 7, 2022 1:49 PM

Not as extreme as some, but there was quite a fuss when my grandfather objected to the marijuana leaf-shaped patch on my cousin Tommy’s denim jacket. My aunt said it didn’t mean he was actually smoking pot. (He turned out to be a decently decent adult, in spite of it.)

by Anonymousreply 49June 7, 2022 2:23 PM

My parents fought almost constantly when I was growing up, although I was never sure what about. There would be verbal blowups followed by long periods of the silent treatment, during which my mother would hole up in the bedroom for days at a time, and my father would go around the house whistling exaggeratedly and acting happy. It used to tear me up. One time I came home from school to find my mother standing with a suitcase packed. She said she and my father were separating, got in a cab, and left. It turns out she went to a nearby motel. She stayed away for several days until my father went out one night and brought her home. That was the only time she left. I think that one was over the fact that my mother had gotten a part-time job, and my paternal grandmother did not approve of that, at least that was the impression I got from things I learned years later.

by Anonymousreply 50June 7, 2022 2:23 PM

[quote]after 17 years of serial cheating on Dad’s part, his final affair was with busty coworker Brenda

Did your dad work on the set of the Young & the Restless?

by Anonymousreply 51June 7, 2022 2:53 PM

We have one branch of the family (This is true.) who is very violent, through five generations. When they fall out things get brutal. One cousin shot his wife dead over something. Another one had beat up his wife and his mother-in-law was waiting when he got out of the courthouse and came at him with a shotgun. He ran and hid under a truck on the square but she just stooped down and shot him where he lay. Another married cousin was shot to death when he got between a girlfriend and her husband in a fight. And he was a doctor, so it's not just the usual hillbilly violence. Well, it is, but in some cases it's with an advanced degree. Another cousin was shot by her husband four times but survived in a damaged state, and he killed himself. And in the same branch a cousin's two sons were killed and he was seriously wounded in a gunfight with a neighbor as they broke his windows and tried to kill his family and him inside their house.

by Anonymousreply 52June 7, 2022 4:58 PM

R46 no, he did move back to his home state (NC) but ended things with Brenda. I had told him that if he wanted any relationship with me, he had to end things with her. Again, any other woman was fair game, just not that one. To this day I know he holds it against me & probably thinks "What could've been" if only he'd gotten to stay together with Brenda.

He got remarried two more times & had DOZENS (if not a hundred or so) girlfriends after this. Wife #2 cheated on him with their best friend & my dad was aghast & dumbfounded how anybody could do that to him (hello, harma). Now he's pushing 80 & swears he's changed his ways (maybe), but he kinda forgot to tell Wife #3 "Ooops, I fucked our neighbor before I married you." My mother actually brought that up in front of them both (she's actually friends with him) & he was very sheepish.

In hindsight I really think he was a sex addict, which wasn't really a known thing back in the day. He started cheating a few months after he married my mother, & never let up. At one point he suggested having an open marriage, but my mother (who was a virgin when she married him & has slept with a grand total of two people--including my dad--her whole life.

by Anonymousreply 53June 7, 2022 10:23 PM

^ my mother put the kibosh on that. She turned a blind eye during the marriage for my & my sister's sake (it was the mid-'70s) but he was very over the top with Brenda; he'd go "jogging" at night (oddly taking a shower & brushing his teeth beforehand), & she conveniently lived about a mile from our house. One time he drove there at night & left my sister in the car--for a quickie I guess. Shameless.

by Anonymousreply 54June 7, 2022 10:37 PM

0/10

by Anonymousreply 55June 7, 2022 10:40 PM

My Dad was teasing me relentlessly of an evening, not stopping, not stopping, not stopping in the face of my pleading that he leave me alone. His teasing by that point was about how I couldn’t take a joke—a meta-teasing that he quite enjoyed and employed liberally. I finally told him, in front of my mother, that I would call 911 and tell them he was beating me if he didn’t stop it immediately. I was around 11 or 12. From that point forward, whenever he would push me too far, I would repeat that promise. (I meant it.) We were such a fucked-up family…

by Anonymousreply 56June 7, 2022 11:11 PM

I’m friends with a mother and daughter who fight and scream at each other all of the time. It’s normal for me to hear about over-the-top arguments and hateful words exchanged between the two of them. I recall being invited for dinner at their house one Christmas Eve and both of them were in sour moods after spending most of the day arguing. I tried to smooth things over during dinner with light hearted banter and giving them gifts. After we finished dessert, the mother hurls a Christmas card at her daughter. The daughter hurls a Christmas card towards her mom. They simultaneously open and read the cards they bought for each other. They both begin to cry and wail loudly as they read their cards. Then almost on cue they both stop crying and wailing and return to being sour and moody towards each other. I was more than glad to return home alone that evening but later laughed at their histrionics.

by Anonymousreply 57June 8, 2022 3:03 PM

I’m mad as hell!

by Anonymousreply 58June 8, 2022 6:12 PM

I’m not gonna take it any more!

by Anonymousreply 59June 8, 2022 6:52 PM

My dear mom had a violent temper. It was Thanksgiving, and my 18 yo sister was setting up things in the dining room. My mother became enraged and began choking her, then my father came in and punched my mom, then she hit him back. All the while, sweet old Father Schneider, from Loyola HS where my brother went, was sitting in the living room unaware.

by Anonymousreply 60June 8, 2022 7:12 PM

R60 here. Another time my brother and I had taken my mom out to the Santa Monica Promenade for lunch on Christmas. We were now adults. Then we headed to see my grandmother. My mother had become enraged over something I did or said and I knew she was going to explode. My brother pulled the car over and had me get out before she could hit me. She ended up punching my poor brother in the face.

by Anonymousreply 61June 8, 2022 7:16 PM

Why the hell didn't your brother make your mother get out of the car, R61, not you?

I mean if he was going to get punched in the face either way...

by Anonymousreply 62June 8, 2022 7:17 PM

One does not order my mother to do anything, R62. Plus we all want a piece of her house in Hermosa Beach when the sad time arrives....

by Anonymousreply 63June 8, 2022 7:20 PM

R63 knows some people are dead set on being a bitch and are not satisfied with anything but causing conflict and strife.

by Anonymousreply 64June 8, 2022 8:30 PM

R63, I hope you and the other beneficiaries have agreed on what to do with the house.

Also, have you escaped Mom’s fists of fury?

by Anonymousreply 65June 8, 2022 9:06 PM

My father died July 2020; no issues, he was nearly 92 and had a good life. My brothers and sisters, there are 9 of us left, are all over the place, so we decided to coordinate the funeral through zoom. One of my brothers is an Anglican priest, that is our original religion; one of my sisters is now Seventh Day Adventist. Five minutes in all hell broke loose, as my brother and sister proceeded to scream and yell insults because they couldn’t agree on the location of dads immortal soul. One believes, absent from the body, present with the lord. The other believes, in the grave until the rapture. I yelled saying, just fucking tell me where my father will be buried so I can say bye! I’m atheist now.

by Anonymousreply 66June 8, 2022 11:40 PM

My mom was once in jail for dealing porn to minors and my aunt was going to front her bail money but I thoughtlessly repeated something my aunt had said to my mom causing a huge fight and falling out that kept them from ever talking again.

by Anonymousreply 67June 8, 2022 11:49 PM

R65 I worked with an excellent psychiatrist who taught me the technique of "time outs" with my mother. She is in her 80s now and is no longer violent. She is more pleasant these days.

When my mom passes, we will sell the house to the highest bidder! And at least I will never have to worry about money again (the house is 2 blocks from the beach, a tear down but the property is worth millions).

by Anonymousreply 68June 9, 2022 12:28 AM

R6, Fkin snitch.

by Anonymousreply 69June 9, 2022 12:31 AM

Kudos on the therapy and it helping you avoid momma’s love taps, R68!

by Anonymousreply 70June 9, 2022 7:49 AM

my friend's mom was a bitch to her so she ran away from home when she was 16. she didn't communicate with her for over 10 years. One day, on her mom's birthday, she showed up at her front door and said "happy birthday, mom" The very first thing out of her mom's mouth was "I ought to beat the shit out of you".

by Anonymousreply 71June 9, 2022 9:50 AM

I thought my family was dysfunctional until I read some of the stories here - guns and premeditated murder and shit.

Nope. I grew up in fucking Mayberry.

by Anonymousreply 72June 9, 2022 12:02 PM

We often stayed over my aunt and uncle's when we visited. We lived about an hour apart. They and my parents would, of course, drink and play Scrabble. I never heard fighting but I could sleep through Armageddon. However, on a few occasions I would wake up to see the Scrabble board and pieces strewn on the back lawn. God knows what happened.

That's all I got, very tame compared to most of the threads here. Oh, just remembered, one time my uncle beat the shit out of my cousins, we're talking fists and a bloody nose, in the street in front of our house. My mother was mortified!

by Anonymousreply 73June 9, 2022 3:30 PM

^^^cousin not cousins

by Anonymousreply 74June 9, 2022 3:32 PM

Myom once spent a day taking Vicodin and drinking and then somehow still conscious decided she is wanted to get in her car and drive off a nearby canyon. She got very violent when she decided I had hid her keys to the point we ended up calling the cops who had to restrain her in a stretcher so they could take her to the hospital and pump her stomach. When I got to the hospital my sister (who was the cause of the whole mess) was I the recovery room screaming at my mom. I smacked her and shoved her and her pedophile husband out of the room.

by Anonymousreply 75June 9, 2022 4:32 PM

I would wager that R52 is a member of the infamous Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia family.

by Anonymousreply 76June 17, 2022 6:43 PM

Ha!

Oh, you're serious.

Well, how long have you got?

by Anonymousreply 77June 17, 2022 6:45 PM

I never forget when my mom discovered my dad was sleeping with the babysitter and had his own apartment on the side to hook up with her and other whores. She came at him with a knife like Vanessa Williams in Soul Food at a family function. And this happened before that film came out. It was all very epic and glorious. My mom was a G.

by Anonymousreply 78June 17, 2022 6:54 PM

I’ve got a doozy to tell everyone about.. I’ll post later.

by Anonymousreply 79June 17, 2022 7:40 PM

Puny cocklet guy owns this thread. The rest of you can go fuck yourselves!

by Anonymousreply 80June 17, 2022 7:45 PM

Get your ass down to the stable and feed those horses!

Ah, fuck,, grandma. I’m watching TRL! It can wait until later.

You get your ass down there right now!!

by Anonymousreply 81June 18, 2022 12:03 AM

Yeah, my grandma and I had some big blow outs back in the day. She loved loved loved Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman and I hated it.

by Anonymousreply 82July 21, 2022 8:28 PM

I’ll admit I turned into a sassy gayling once I had a serious boyfriend in high school. That summer of my junior year, all I wanted to do is have sex with my boyfriend and go places with him on daddy’s dime. Unfortunately, my grandma, was in charge of watching over me for a while that summer while my parents were at work during the day. This was only after I ruined their trust by having a big pool party (with booze) and not doing my chores as instructed. Old bitch grandma suddenly started showing up everyday. That put a kink in my hose.

by Anonymousreply 83July 21, 2022 8:37 PM

I remember one day Jarod came by on his new crotch rocket and I gladly hopped on the back of it and we took off to find some ritzy cafe for an extended lunch. My grandma saw me hop on the back of his bike so she got in her fucking car and tried to follow us! We met her at a traffic light about a mile from my house. She probably thought we were heading to the mall, which was a regular hang out for me but we weren’t. She was like 2 cars behind us at the lights and the bitch is honking her horn and yelling at me out of her car window that she sees me and I’m in big trouble, I was so fucking pissed but also surprised she actually got in her car to follow us. Jacob hated her so when the light turned green we sped off and lost her ass.

by Anonymousreply 84July 21, 2022 8:47 PM

I can vividly remember my two older brothers (then high-school age) getting into a big fist-fight on the lawn and my mother coming out with a broom and hitting them both with it until they stopped.

by Anonymousreply 85July 21, 2022 10:01 PM

I was in my room and I was just like staring at the wall thinking about everything, but then again I was thinking about nothing. And then my mom came in and I didn't even know she was there. She called my name, and I didn't even hear it, and then she started screaming: MIKE! MIKE! And I go: What? What's the matter? And she goes: What's the matter with you? I go: There's nothing wrong, mom. And she goes: Don't tell me that, you're on drugs! And I go: No mom I'm not on drugs. I'm okay, I was just thinking, you know, why don't you get me a Pepsi. And she goes: No you're on drugs. I go: Mom I'm okay, I'm just thinking. She goes: No you're not thinking, you're on drugs! Normal people don't act that way! I go: Mom just give me a Pepsi, please. All I want is a Pepsi. And she wouldn't give it to me. All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi, and she wouldn't give it to me. Just a Pepsi.

by Anonymousreply 86July 21, 2022 11:04 PM

The judge said I was crazy and lazy.

by Anonymousreply 87July 22, 2022 12:56 PM

Growing up my older sister was a mean bully and a bitch. In early adolescence she know the buttons to push to get a reaction. Sitting at dinner, with the usual bits set out for ‘afters’, she had a go at me and I remember through the red mist of frustration and rage settling my eyes on the jabby stabby cheese knife. Delivered the full chuck of cheddar to her screwed up mocking face and got sent to my room. Murderous memory.

by Anonymousreply 88July 22, 2022 3:12 PM

My great aunt was driving 10 mph in a 40 mph zone and I was behind her on the road. At the time, I didn’t realize it was her. Apparently she had just traded vehicles. I’m behind her (not knowing it’s my aunt) honking my horn at this dumb old bitch who is holding up at least 10-15 cars by going so slow. Couldn’t pass her because it was a no passing zone. She turns abruptly in front of me almost causing me to rear end her. I put my window down and yell “old dumbass bitch” then speed on my way.

A week later I see my aunt, from a close distance, at a grocery store get into her vehicle and realize she was the dumbass bitch who was driving so slow. I felt like total shit after that.

by Anonymousreply 89September 4, 2022 11:28 PM

[quote] I remember through the red mist of frustration and rage settling my eyes on the jabby stabby cheese knife. Delivered the full chuck of cheddar to her screwed up mocking face

Better the cheese than the knife.

by Anonymousreply 90September 5, 2022 12:30 AM

Drove past the park after truck wash and McDs run. Parked truck in shade to sneak eat my pre dinner embarrassment. Could hear the park, hillbilly family, bbq squabble from three blocks away. Two men were screaming profanities for like five minutes straight. I was ready to bolt if I heard gunfire. Kids everywhere. Low brow breeders disgust me.

by Anonymousreply 91September 5, 2022 12:46 AM

My German great grandmother's birthday has been celebrated as the date for our annual family reunion since 1956, when she turned 80. She died at 96 in 1972 shortly after the date. Small town, east Illinois, two Catholic parishes - people drove up to 400 miles to celebrate in the city park and adjacent pool.

Things had gotten rowdier every year, culminating the Sunday as the sun was setting and the cicadas singing when my father was assaulted by two of my mother's cousins and he beat them up and Great Aunt Bert and Uncle Duke sang "Sentimental Journey" on a picnic table and then they dragged a bicycle up and fought over who would ride it. Duke won and knocked Bert to the ground where she broke her tail bone. She didn't talk to Duke or Aunt Hildegard until the next year's picnic. Cousin Dolores took umbrage at my Grandmother and told her, "Aunt Anna, you always were a bitch!"

And then a town deputy drove up and went to the birthday girl and took his cap off and said that her son Art was lying in a ditch two miles down and should they take him to the park or home.

Things have quieted down as the fourth generation ages out and people seem to find reasons not to attend.

by Anonymousreply 92September 5, 2022 1:25 AM

Jeez, that's a good story. I guess liquor should be banned for family reunions. At least the violence is DNA contained.

by Anonymousreply 93September 5, 2022 1:39 AM

Well...

by Anonymousreply 94September 5, 2022 2:20 AM

When I was six my cousin and my aunt got in a fight at my cousins third birthday party. It was because she called my cousins kid ugly I don’t know why because that was her grandson. My mom rushed us out of there and the police came.

by Anonymousreply 95September 5, 2022 3:48 AM

And he wasn’t ugly ever he’s grown up to be very handsome

by Anonymousreply 96September 5, 2022 3:49 AM

Your 3-year-old cousin fought with your aunt?

by Anonymousreply 97September 5, 2022 3:59 AM

I come from a family that yelled at each other a lot (Brooklyn and Bronx heritage, what can I say?). Mostly my parents with each other and my parents with my older sister (I was "the best little boy in the world" closeted gayling and stayed out of most of it). We had a dog for about 12 years that would bark whenever people were yelling. So, there were often three people yelling and a dog barking. I would go to my bedroom, put on headphones, and listened to music. Whenever I mentioned the yelling and barking to my maternal aunt, she would laugh hysterically. Yeah, it was quite a family!

by Anonymousreply 98September 5, 2022 3:59 AM

I’ve posted some specific incidents between my grandma and I upthread. I was rebellious for 3 years as a teen. I sassed, defied and acted out 💯 of the time between 15-18 yrs old. My grandma decided to be a thorn in my side over my mom and dad at times.

by Anonymousreply 99October 3, 2022 9:25 PM

My grandparents divorced before I was born. My grandmother was an alcoholic and left my grandfather to get her life together (which she did, to a miraculous degree). He never forgave her, and his bitterness continued into my childhood, to her death and beyond. He did a lot of cruel things, but what I remember most was in a church for my younger cousin's Christening, 20 years after they separated. The priest was speaking of new beginnings, fresh starts, and forgiveness and told us to approach someone for a hug to make amends. My grandmother approached my grandfather with her arms outstretched. He rebuffed her. She was furious, and stormed out of the church. I followed her and she cursed him out the whole ride home. He's always been good to me but I'll never forgive him for how he treated her.

by Anonymousreply 100October 3, 2022 9:53 PM

^^^Maybe she was a cunt the whole time they were married and there after?

by Anonymousreply 101October 3, 2022 10:01 PM

[quote]he’s forgotten major events of my life (surgeries, etc)

Does your family actually celebrate surgeries?

by Anonymousreply 102October 4, 2022 12:05 AM

R41, I love your sister.

by Anonymousreply 103October 4, 2022 12:18 AM

My whole family has class

by Anonymousreply 104October 7, 2022 12:34 AM

I was 16 and at the Rosey and my handsome gay Austrian cousin was at Aiglon down in the mountains, and my uncle invited me to join them for a hunt at their Schloss in the Südtirol. Well their Jäger, who was actually Bolzano not Austrian, immediately understood I was a closet case and seduced me. My cousin was incensed because the Jäger had been boning him since he was 15, so my cousin aimed his Strasser straight-pull bolt action rifle at my lodenhut, which I was WEARING, and shot the pig beard cleanly off at the silver clip.

by Anonymousreply 105October 7, 2022 12:55 AM

My grandma said I behave like a queer whore. I told her she was a hairy bitch who needed to slather on a gallon of Nair.

by Anonymousreply 106October 7, 2022 1:38 AM

That’s not a fight, r106. That’s an exchange of insults. Bad reply.

by Anonymousreply 107October 7, 2022 3:07 AM

This is recent as of yesterday.

My entire life, my father has been a nut job. My earliest memories are of him throwing and breaking plates and basically having tantrums. Mom and him fought all the time. He threatened to commit suicide as an attention grabbing scheme several times. He once set a car on fire and said he was going to get in it. I was probably 5 or 6 but I remember it vividly. In the 80's, he again tried and my sister found him in the midst of it (tried to asphyxiate himself in the garage by turning on a bunch of engines). When my mom finally got the door tot he garage open, he was wearing a mask, laying on small trailer that was in the garage. She kicked the shit out of him and he left and he was found by the police later, in a van with a bunch of pesticides going off. They took him to a mental ward. She filed for divorce. He showed up one day with a gun and tried to murder her but she fought him until the police arrived. He also tried to run her over with a car in the parking lot of Toys R. Us. This was the 80's so unless she pressed charges the police wouldn't do anything and she didn't.

They've been divorced now since 1983 but my father has been OBSESSED with her his entire life, despite remarrying within about 5 months of the divorce. All my siblings and I are afraid of him but we kept seeing him despite his mental illness as we were afraid he would kill us. Cut to this year, I got breast cancer and was in the midst of the worst of fighting it when I heard from my siblings that he was threatening suicide again. He called me one night in May and told me he was thinking about it at which time I had had enough and told him to go ahead and fucking do it. I yelled at him that "it wasn't enough that he terrorized his kids as kids with but that he was trying to do it now that we were all adults. Told him he was always miserable when I spoke to him (always whining about his health or his finances or his sex life). A few years ago, he asked me if my girlfriend at the time would consider a threesome with him and his wife. He's just an asshole. He hung up on me. Then called me back and left a message screaming that "he wished he never had kids and that we were all 'bad' kids." At that point, I blocked his number as I had had enough.

That was in May. We are now in October and I've been through a few surgeries and radiation and it's been a real challenge. Apparently when you block someone on a phone, they can still leave messages so I got a message on Monday evening from him saying that he owes me an apology, that HE'S doing much better and he wanted to see how my surgery went. It freaked me out because I didn't know he could still get through. Well if that had been his only message, I might have considered hearing him out, but in true narcissistic fashion, he called over and over because I didn't call him back immediately. He called 6 times that night, then the following day called another 3 times and left another message yelling at me to "pick up the phone!" I called Tmobile yesterday and I believe I have him completely blocked now as I haven't had another message or call (It will show you if a blocked number has tried to call). It's sad, but this year has been a challenge for me and I just can't have his bullshit in my life anyone. He's a prime example of someone who has wasted his entire life obsessing over one woman. What's great is that I moved this year and he doesn't have my address so he can't just show up here and causing a scene. I believe he thinks his kids need to take care of him now that he's in bad financial shape but that isn't happening. This is a man who let the house we lived in be foreclosed on and who fought having to pay child support for his FOUR kids. So far, I'm the only one to cut him out completely but I know my siblings are almost there too.

I know, TL,DR.

by Anonymousreply 108October 7, 2022 5:41 AM

I recently recounted my "mobster uncle tried to choke me when I was six years old after a family fight" story in the "Sad but True" thread.

I do not care to rehash it at this juncture.

Thank you and Good Day.

by Anonymousreply 109October 7, 2022 12:32 PM

Good luck to you, R108, and more power to you!

Sometimes healing comes with understanding and forgiveness, and sometimes healing comes with refusing to take any more shit from someone EVER, under any circumstances! Been there with my own abusive parent, done that, did the right thing.

But no, I have no wild stories for this thread, my family had the icy, stifled kind of dysfunction, not the dramatic or violent kind.

by Anonymousreply 110October 7, 2022 3:18 PM

My grandmother had 11 siblings and one is either bipolar or szichophrenic but would never get treatment. At my great-grandmother's funeral, with all 10 other siblings there, the sister stood up and yelled "I was their only legitimate child!" (she wasn't), and then she went up to the casket and started trying to drag her mother out of the coffin.

Meanwhile her son was in the little kitchenette of the funeral home putting pennies into the vending machine and eventually got it all jammed up and clogged, it wasn't fixable, and the family got charged for replacing it.

During the burial service at the grave, crazy sister yelled out she'd been sleeping with the husband of one of the other sisters (and she had been), and then the daughter of one of the brothers yelled out her father was molesting her and she needed to go live with someone else.

The crazy sister is still alive at 99. She calls sometimes and I do NOT answer.

Also, one of the other sisters was most likely murdered by her husband who disappeared for 30 years and then showed up at grandma's door one night claiming he'd been away working with the CIA.

On the surface they seemed like a lovely, non-trashy family.

by Anonymousreply 111October 7, 2022 8:15 PM

I told one side of my fam to lick my big asshole during an argument during Thanksgiving a few yrs ago. I stormed out the door afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 112October 7, 2022 11:09 PM

r112 Did they lick your big asshole like you asked?

by Anonymousreply 113October 7, 2022 11:52 PM

No but you can r113

by Anonymousreply 114October 7, 2022 11:53 PM

I’m tired of fighting

by Anonymousreply 115October 12, 2022 5:05 PM

[quote] She comes down to the pool all pissed off yelling at me to get out

Because your syntax is so... unconventional... , I read this at first as if she came down to the pool and pissed in it to get you out of it.

I thought, "I bet HE has learned his lesson!"

by Anonymousreply 116October 12, 2022 5:29 PM

R-15 pffffft

by Anonymousreply 117October 12, 2022 6:29 PM

I just flipped my mom off because she keeps honking outside my house even after I told her to stop it.

by Anonymousreply 118October 15, 2022 9:06 PM

Don’t ask.

by Anonymousreply 119October 15, 2022 9:15 PM

My brother and parents were fighting like crazy over his wedding invitations and whether my parents would be named. Stupid but the fight raged for months.

At one point, my brother runs out of the house crying but looking like he was laughing.

We still talk about “remember when Tommy laughcried?”

by Anonymousreply 120October 15, 2022 9:19 PM

My parents fought constantly especially at night during a long day of drinking. One night my mom came into my bedroom holding a knife and told me she was taking it to bed and if my father laid a hand on her she was going to slit his throat. Needless to say I didn’t sleep that night. Another night they both woke me up at 2am and asked me which one I wanted to live with. Such happy childhood memories.

by Anonymousreply 121October 15, 2022 9:37 PM

My grandma was an alcoholic most of her adult life. One year at Christmas the family decided we would all keep watch and when she needed a new beer, we'd get one for her and pour it into a glass. We were serving her non-alc the entire day. At one point she discovered it and nearly blew the roof off with a curse storm. She refused to talk to anyone the rest of the day and even refused her ride home, she called a cab.

My cousins and I still laugh about it today.

by Anonymousreply 122October 15, 2022 9:49 PM

I just cussed my mom out. She is back honking outside my house again. I called her a fucking bitch.

by Anonymousreply 123October 15, 2022 9:58 PM

R41 is the most amazing DL post about at-home chaos since the possum in the bathroom drawer.

by Anonymousreply 124October 16, 2022 3:20 AM

I wish I had something to share. Truly, I do. But our home was always a happy one. There, all seemed to breathe freedom and peace, and to make one forget the world and all it’s sad turmoils.

by Anonymousreply 125October 16, 2022 5:27 AM

R41, if you still have that story, please publish it online. I would almost pay to read it.

by Anonymousreply 126October 16, 2022 5:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!