Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL Faves Billy Porter and Luke Evans to Co-Star in Film

About a divorcing gay couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182June 2, 2024 12:47 AM

That’ll be great except for the subject matter and Billy Porter.

by Anonymousreply 1June 2, 2022 4:49 PM

Will they fight about who POZ’d who?

by Anonymousreply 2June 2, 2022 4:56 PM

Why would a gay divorce/custody battle be any more interesting than a straight one?

by Anonymousreply 3June 2, 2022 4:58 PM

[quote] who POZ’d who

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 4June 2, 2022 5:00 PM

I feel bad already!

by Anonymousreply 5June 2, 2022 5:02 PM

So who’s Meryl and who’s Dustin?

by Anonymousreply 6June 2, 2022 5:05 PM

All this is missing is DLB and his level of awfulness.

by Anonymousreply 7June 2, 2022 5:07 PM

God, who really would want Billy? I'm sure he's only wanted for his welfare check and AIDS benefits.

by Anonymousreply 8June 2, 2022 5:08 PM

Billy is unfuckable. Maybe not Tituss Burgess levels of unfucakble, but I'd actually rather spend time with Tituss than Billy.

by Anonymousreply 9June 2, 2022 5:11 PM

Sounds utterly tedious, as is Porter in real life. No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 10June 2, 2022 5:19 PM

Oh God, recast immediately.

by Anonymousreply 11June 2, 2022 5:21 PM

Billy Porter, DL fave--as in we love to hate her?

by Anonymousreply 12June 2, 2022 5:22 PM

Maybe a comedy instead? Custody battles are usually quite funny. Then, it wouldn’t seem so weird to see Miss Billy Portah dressed in hostess pants and sequined coats, making grand entrances into every room.

That baby, that sweeeeet little baby! He is mine, you can’t take my baby!

by Anonymousreply 13June 2, 2022 5:30 PM

[quote]Why would a gay divorce/custody battle be any more interesting than a straight one?

New to the concept of gay drama, are we?

by Anonymousreply 14June 2, 2022 5:38 PM

I keep making myself laugh imagining all of the ridiculous scenarios that could be presented in this movie.

Luke’s wardrobe: a g-string

Billy Porter’s costumes by Bob Mackie

by Anonymousreply 15June 2, 2022 5:46 PM

[quote]Luke’s wardrobe: a g-string

Silly, he'll be wearing his Hobbit costume.

by Anonymousreply 16June 2, 2022 5:47 PM

[quote] Billy Porter’s costumes by Bob Mackie

Sweetheart, this production can't afford Bob Mackie. They have enough budget to rent ONE Nolan Miller dress from the Dynasty days, something in the Dominique Deveraux rejects for Miss Porter with a turban. Otherwise it's the Jaclyn Smith collection for him.

by Anonymousreply 17June 2, 2022 5:49 PM

R17 = MARY!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 18June 2, 2022 5:50 PM

“But, you can not DOOOOOO this to Me! I helped BUILD THIS FAM-I-LY! Half of everything is MYYYYYYNE! I will SEE you………. IN COURT!”

by Anonymousreply 19June 2, 2022 7:04 PM

The war of the Pansies!

by Anonymousreply 20June 2, 2022 7:06 PM

It’s hilarious to think of this couple ever having fallen in love in the first place. Grizzled himbo hunter meets prissy-faced stunt queen and the happy couple have a baby. Mmmwokay.

by Anonymousreply 21June 2, 2022 7:17 PM

Wait, this is supposed to be a drama?

by Anonymousreply 22June 2, 2022 7:30 PM

Look at the guys Luke Evans fucks in real life. They are all these hot himbos, guys like him don't go after guys like Porter.

by Anonymousreply 23June 2, 2022 7:33 PM

We HATE it before a frame is shot.

by Anonymousreply 24June 2, 2022 7:33 PM

Let's cast a gay remake of Kramer vs. Kramer.

Who has the actual acting chops to succeed Dustin and M?

Hoffman: Andrew Scott

M: Jonathon Groff or Bomer?

by Anonymousreply 25June 2, 2022 7:48 PM

Flamer vs. Flamer

by Anonymousreply 26June 2, 2022 7:59 PM

Billy Porter is NOT a fave by me.

by Anonymousreply 27June 2, 2022 8:04 PM

There better be some ass cheeks shown on-screen since the plot is such a downer.

by Anonymousreply 28June 2, 2022 8:13 PM

Whose? Because I don't want to see either of these guys nude.

by Anonymousreply 29June 2, 2022 8:14 PM

Unfortunately, I don’t believe Billy Porter can play a convincing man, nor would I ever believe Luke Evans would be interested in “him.”

by Anonymousreply 30June 2, 2022 8:14 PM

R29, speak for yourself, I'm desperate.

by Anonymousreply 31June 2, 2022 8:20 PM

[quote] "That’ll be great except for the subject matter and Billy Porter."

I couldn't have said it better myself, R1.

by Anonymousreply 32June 2, 2022 8:28 PM

Billy Porter can do so much better than Luke Evans, musical theatre queen who locked himself in a closet for years to reinvent himself as a Serious Actor in Action Movies only to come out again when he couldn't be bothered hiding all the cock he was getting.

I can understand the actors who didn't come out at the start of their careers, and those who came out after their star was fading, but I have a genuine lack of respect for Luke Evans who was out at the start of his career.

by Anonymousreply 33June 2, 2022 8:42 PM

How common are interracial gay relationships in real life?

by Anonymousreply 34June 2, 2022 11:32 PM

R34 They're minuscule compared to the number of interracial relationships presented to us in every TV commercial noways.

Females in Afro hair and Jamaican patois are de rigueur on my TV.

by Anonymousreply 35June 3, 2022 12:00 AM

Why do straight people love Billy Porter so much? I am just baffled.

by Anonymousreply 36June 3, 2022 12:05 AM

R36, because he reinforces their stereotypes of gay men. Particularly, and unfortunately, black gay men.

by Anonymousreply 37June 3, 2022 12:20 AM

[quote] How common are interracial gay relationships in real life?

According to TV commercials, 90% of gay relationships are interracial.

by Anonymousreply 38June 3, 2022 12:40 AM

oh come on, it isn't 90%.

It's more like 99.5%

by Anonymousreply 39June 3, 2022 12:47 AM

[quote] Luke Evans

Is he the grizzled one who travels to hot climates to scorch his skin?

by Anonymousreply 40June 3, 2022 12:48 AM

What actor should fill the JoBeth Williams nude role from Kramer vs. Kramer?

by Anonymousreply 41June 3, 2022 12:49 AM

Garrett Clayton. His fat ass would barely fit on a toilet seat.

by Anonymousreply 42June 3, 2022 12:51 AM

As if a guy as attractive and "normal" as Luke Evans would ever give the time of day to that ugly, obnoxious screeching mess Billy Porter. It's totally unbelievable. Try to imagine Luke Evans and Billy Porter as a couple IRL. Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 43June 3, 2022 1:02 AM

[quote] How common are interracial gay relationships in real life?

For real? Very common.

by Anonymousreply 44June 3, 2022 1:06 AM

I like Billy Porter. He takes his craft seriously -- a good actor and a great singer. Sad that an out gay man gets so much shade from you f@gs.

by Anonymousreply 45June 3, 2022 1:08 AM

He's a TERRIBLE actor. If you think he can act, then you have zero credibility. This is not an opinion, it's straight up fact.

by Anonymousreply 46June 3, 2022 1:10 AM

I think Billy and Luke and think they make a great pair. Looking forward to it.

by Anonymousreply 47June 3, 2022 1:11 AM

r45 Porter is a stunt queen with a hugely inflated sense of his own talent and importance.

by Anonymousreply 48June 3, 2022 1:19 AM

[quote] What actor should fill the JoBeth Williams nude role from Kramer vs. Kramer?

Eric Stonestreet.

by Anonymousreply 49June 3, 2022 1:25 AM

Billy Porter wrecked his once-great voice years ago by overstraining it.

by Anonymousreply 50June 3, 2022 1:33 AM

Hopefully Billy gets to be sexual with this attractive white man on screen!! It is so empowering. Ask Viola!

by Anonymousreply 51June 3, 2022 2:12 AM

Sounds like The Next Best Thing. And we all know hoe that turned out.

by Anonymousreply 52June 3, 2022 2:18 AM

No way in Hell would a stud like Luke Evans be interested in let alone fuck an ugly rabid fart sniffing chihuahua like Miss Billy Porter.

Bitch is starting to look like Blac Chyna.

by Anonymousreply 53June 3, 2022 2:21 AM

I would guess the son ends up divorcing both of them.

by Anonymousreply 54June 3, 2022 2:22 AM

Of course it had to be an INTERRACIAL couple.

by Anonymousreply 55June 3, 2022 2:23 AM

[quote]Billy is unfuckable. Maybe not Tituss Burgess levels of unfucakble

I find Tituss highly more fuckable. Being funny goes a lot further than looks for me. 🤷🏻.

by Anonymousreply 56June 3, 2022 2:25 AM

Hollywood is absolutely ridiculous with the Woke couples pairings. These couples are just totally unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 57June 3, 2022 2:31 AM

For you old racist fucks who complain how "woke" your television programming is, more than half of heterosexual marriages in the U.S. are mixed race now.

So hopefully you'll die soon and not have to deal with reality from the confines of your bigoted exile.

by Anonymousreply 58June 3, 2022 3:30 AM

Oh bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 59June 3, 2022 3:36 AM

[quote]more than half of heterosexual marriages in the U.S. are mixed race now.

Um, no. No they're not.

by Anonymousreply 60June 3, 2022 3:37 AM

Luke Evans and Rege-Jean Page would be totally believable.

by Anonymousreply 61June 3, 2022 3:38 AM

What made Luke sign onto this mess? Did he know Porter would be his husband in the movie?

by Anonymousreply 62June 3, 2022 3:38 AM

It sounds like a pure-dee MESS

by Anonymousreply 63June 3, 2022 3:40 AM

R58 My only complaint in regards to Miss Billy Porter was how unattractive and unlikable they are.

They could've easily cast a gay African-American actor who is an absolute bombshell like Charlie Barnett from Russian Doll or Lil' Nas X.

by Anonymousreply 64June 3, 2022 3:41 AM

[quote]Of course it had to be an INTERRACIAL couple.

We have to check off all the boxes, don’t you know?!

Interracial? Check Over 40? Check Non-binary? Check

by Anonymousreply 65June 3, 2022 3:41 AM

[quote] They could've easily cast a gay African-American actor who is an absolute bombshell like Charlie Barnett from Russian Doll or Lil' Nas X.

Or even Cynthia Erivo. I think more than half of heterosexual marriages in the U.S. believe she's actually a dude.

by Anonymousreply 66June 3, 2022 3:42 AM

[quote]Luke Evans and Rege-Jean Page would be totally believable.

👿 thanks for that visual. I’m going to masturbate to your post now.

by Anonymousreply 67June 3, 2022 3:43 AM

Billy needs to learn to not look so sour all the time.

by Anonymousreply 68June 3, 2022 3:47 AM

[quote] more than half of heterosexual marriages in the U.S. are mixed race now.

17% at most.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69June 3, 2022 3:48 AM

r67 that pairing would be got AF and definitely generate a lot of interest.

I should work in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 70June 3, 2022 3:53 AM

Hot AF, I meant.

by Anonymousreply 71June 3, 2022 3:53 AM

LOL at Billy sweeping in here thinking he’s the new Miss Meryl Streep. He’s really let those pity awards the whities tossed his way inflate his sense of ability. Bitch already bought the spotlight for his Oscar no doubt

by Anonymousreply 72June 3, 2022 3:56 AM

Why do the leads have to be supremely good looking?

Why does their racial mix have to conform to statistical probability?

I'm sensing some assumptions on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 73June 3, 2022 1:40 PM

I'm not saying they have to be hot r73. If you paired up Billy Porter and say Jesse Tyler Ferguson that would make sense.

I think most people are saying they don't seem to be a believable couple.

by Anonymousreply 74June 3, 2022 2:42 PM

[quote] f you paired up Billy Porter and say Jesse Tyler Ferguson that would make sense. I think most people are saying they don't seem to be a believable couple.

Yeah, for me it's not the interracial angle, but the actors cast in the film. I could believe Porter and Ferguson, and I could believe Luke Evans and Idris Elba, but I can't believe Porter and Evans.

by Anonymousreply 75June 3, 2022 2:45 PM

R75 Agreed.

Luke has to do the work conforming Porter to make a believable chemistry or the other way around. I don’t believe Porter is going to change because he believes acting should be about playing himself.

by Anonymousreply 76June 3, 2022 2:47 PM

Repugnant, meet Reptilian.

by Anonymousreply 77June 3, 2022 2:51 PM

Will Billy must be playing a sassy judge, because I cannot picture him playing one of the dads.

by Anonymousreply 78June 3, 2022 2:51 PM

ooooh maybe Luke will try to use Billy's 'queerness' against him in the custody battle. "Your honor, the man is clearly insane."

by Anonymousreply 79June 3, 2022 2:54 PM

At least the frauen won't have to ask "which one is the man and which one is the woman?"

by Anonymousreply 80June 3, 2022 2:56 PM

[quote]Why would a gay divorce/custody battle be any more interesting than a straight one?

I think the storyline will be that the son is a product of gestational surrogacy and IVF and the battle is between the bio dad and non-bio dad. I could see some angle being that the bio dad wants primary/sole custody or something along those lines.

But, past movies and TV shows have already done similar things. There was that Lifetime movie where Brooke Shields and Cherry Jones played a lesbian couple with a daughter. Jones' character was the bio mom and she dies in the movie. The rest of the movie was basically her homophobic family fighting Shields for custody of the child.

by Anonymousreply 81June 3, 2022 3:18 PM

"Your honor, you can clearly see the child is WHITE. This man cannot be the father. In fact, my client claims the defendant was hired to be the child's mammy. This is clearly a case of hysteria. I move for a dismissal."

by Anonymousreply 82June 3, 2022 3:24 PM

They are not the couple I hope! Yuck! Keep Evans! Drop Porter! Darryl Stephens is much cuter!

by Anonymousreply 83June 3, 2022 3:35 PM

[quote] But, past movies and TV shows have already done similar things. There was that Lifetime movie where Brooke Shields and Cherry Jones played a lesbian couple with a daughter. Jones' character was the bio mom and she dies in the movie. The rest of the movie was basically her homophobic family fighting Shields for custody of the child.

The one episode of Arthur Hailey's Hotel that I remember is "Rallying Cry" (1985), where Douglas Barr (The Fall Guy co-star who I had a HUGE crush on) plays a doctor who had once been married and had a child, but now is in a relationship with another man (Michael Sabatino) in San Francisco. The ex-wife has died and her parents (Lloyd Bochner, Marion Ross) are suing for custody.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84June 3, 2022 3:58 PM

[quote]They could've easily cast a gay African-American actor who is an absolute bombshell like Charlie Barnett from Russian Doll or Lil' Nas X.

I can’t tell if that was meant as a joke or not. I love Lil Nas X, but he’s 23. Can’t exactly picture him as part of a middle aged couple engaged in a custody battle.

I could picture him as the kid they’re fighting over…

by Anonymousreply 85June 3, 2022 5:37 PM

I've been around Billy Porter in social situations on two occasions and in private he is exactly the same as his public persona. Five minutes is about all you can take.

Unfortunately I have never met Luke Evans.

by Anonymousreply 86June 3, 2022 6:01 PM

Luke would never fuck that repressed tranny.

by Anonymousreply 87June 3, 2022 6:17 PM

Who gets top billing?

by Anonymousreply 88June 3, 2022 6:34 PM

R88 Probably Billy.

by Anonymousreply 89June 3, 2022 6:51 PM

Yeah, with a Tony and an Emmy, I would argue that Billy is the better known of the two and will likely get top billing (unless, of course, they do it alphabetically).

by Anonymousreply 90June 3, 2022 6:57 PM

Luke has been in a lot more movies than Billy and in bigger roles. Luke should get top billing but Billy has been more famous on twitter due to his dresses so he probably will.

by Anonymousreply 91June 3, 2022 6:57 PM

As someone who doesn't watch a lot of movies and knows even less about the current Broadway scene, Luke Evans is the only one of those two I'd heard of—from The Hobbit (and occasional threads about him here). I would guess that's the case with most movie audiences, but maybe I'm wrong.

by Anonymousreply 92June 3, 2022 7:08 PM

R92, I'm the opposite -- I'm not really familiar with Luke Evans (I've never watched The Hobbit) and only really hear about him when I log onto DL. Maybe that means they're basically on the same level stardom-wise given that some people may know one and not the other?

by Anonymousreply 93June 3, 2022 7:13 PM

Loved Luke in”Ma”. I love that he and Octavia are still good friends.

by Anonymousreply 94June 3, 2022 7:17 PM

Since Porter is in the film I suppose his wardrobe will consist of beaded gowns, capes, yards and yards of material that he can swish around, anything to deflect from his having absolutely no talent.

by Anonymousreply 95June 3, 2022 7:21 PM

Will there be peen?

by Anonymousreply 96June 3, 2022 7:23 PM

So basically Billy will be playing the dark version of Nathan Lane in The Birdcage?

by Anonymousreply 97June 3, 2022 7:28 PM

Looking at their IMDb pages, I've only seen Porter in two projects: The Broken Hearts Club and Like a Boss.

But I've seen Evans in multiple projects: The Three Musketeers, Immortals, The Raven, The Fast and The Furious, Dracula Untold, The Girl on the Train, Beauty and the Beast, Ma, and Midway.

Neither particularly impressed me, though Evans was pretty good as Gaston, and he does have a great body.

by Anonymousreply 98June 3, 2022 7:40 PM

The first season of The Alienist was excellent. Of course NYC in 1896 was the real star of that show.

by Anonymousreply 99June 3, 2022 7:43 PM

I'm find myself looking forward to seeing the DL production more than the actual movie. I can see people writing plot lines, casting, and costuming as we speak!

by Anonymousreply 100June 3, 2022 7:53 PM

Well, let's hear it, R100! If the screenwriter and/or director is a DLer you may get your wish.

by Anonymousreply 101June 3, 2022 7:56 PM

I can write the movie. Luke Evans tosses Billy Porter off a cliff in the first five minutes. Then Chris Pine and Chris Evans show up and for the next two hours Chris, Chris and Luke all take turns on each others' asses.

The End.

by Anonymousreply 102June 3, 2022 8:09 PM

Love that Top Gun: Maverick stars a mostly all white cast and refused to check a single woke box. And it's fucking slaying at the box office. Sorry, but art made according to representation quotas is ridiculous (see the recent Dr. Strange movie, which needlessly inserted a useless Latinx Dora the Explorer character with lesbian moms in it to satisfy quotas).

by Anonymousreply 103June 3, 2022 9:01 PM

r103 maybe this will be a lesson to Hollywood. Forced mandates don't put asses in the seats. The public simply wants to be entertained.

by Anonymousreply 104June 3, 2022 9:04 PM

R103, I don’t love it. Tom Cruise is a piece of shit that physically abuses staffers and then silenced them with NDAs. I hate it very much when good things happen to bad people/

by Anonymousreply 105June 3, 2022 9:08 PM

Sometimes the help needs to be slapped around. It's the only way they learn how to do a proper job.

by Anonymousreply 106June 3, 2022 9:10 PM

Oh R105, deets

by Anonymousreply 107June 3, 2022 9:27 PM

[quote] (see the recent Dr. Strange movie, which needlessly inserted a useless Latinx Dora the Explorer character with lesbian moms in it to satisfy quotas).

America Chavez has been in the Marvel Universe for years, Dummy.

by Anonymousreply 108June 3, 2022 10:30 PM

Spoiler alert: Luke serves Billy's character divorce papers because he's tired of Billy dressing like a drag queen for school pickup.

by Anonymousreply 109June 3, 2022 10:36 PM

R109 LOL!

by Anonymousreply 110June 3, 2022 10:53 PM

Luke's sandpaper skin and Billy's taut face with vaseline close-ups will be jarring when they feature reaction shots.

by Anonymousreply 111June 3, 2022 11:17 PM

[quote]Billy Porter can do so much better than Luke Evans

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 112June 4, 2022 12:29 AM

"I know! Let's shoot a movie that reinforces the stereotype that at least one member in the gay couple needs to be a raging queen, so that we can more easily determine what their sexual roles are too!"

by Anonymousreply 113June 4, 2022 1:00 AM

[quote]more than half of heterosexual marriages in the U.S. are mixed race now.

I find that very hard to believe. Straight people are obsessed with having kids that look like the rest of their family

by Anonymousreply 114June 4, 2022 1:43 AM

That stat is not even remotely true R114-- you are correct to doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 115June 4, 2022 1:50 AM

I insist that Miss Porter and Mr. Evans pose for the movie poster the same way Streisand and Kristofferson posed for A Star is Born.

by Anonymousreply 116June 4, 2022 2:05 AM

YAWN!

by Anonymousreply 117June 4, 2022 2:27 AM

I said "more than half of heterosexual marriages in the U.S. are mixed race now."

Someone corrected me by saying "17% at most."

Congratulations. You've used statistics to justify your racism. You must be so proud.

As per usual, I was being way too optimistic about white people.

My bad.

by Anonymousreply 118June 4, 2022 7:56 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119June 4, 2022 8:07 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120June 4, 2022 1:16 PM

r118 there's nothing racist there.

by Anonymousreply 121June 4, 2022 2:55 PM

[quote] Congratulations. You've used statistics to justify your racism. You must be so proud.

And you used a lie for... what, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 122June 4, 2022 6:10 PM

My god, does Luke actually have to kiss this nasty tranny, this is a step down for him.

by Anonymousreply 123June 4, 2022 8:03 PM

Cant wait to see this.

by Anonymousreply 124June 4, 2022 8:05 PM

[quote]Custody battles are usually quite funny.

I beg to differ.

by Anonymousreply 125June 4, 2022 8:07 PM

Luke Evans and Cynthia Nixon would be a more convincing pairing.

by Anonymousreply 126June 4, 2022 8:11 PM

[quote]As per usual, I was being way too optimistic about white people.

LOL

If you think blank and asian people who /aren't gay/ are racing to be part of an interracial couple you're an idiot. White people are probably the most open to it out of anyone.

by Anonymousreply 127June 4, 2022 10:27 PM

black too!

by Anonymousreply 128June 4, 2022 10:27 PM

I'm in an interracial relationship R34. We do exist!

I do agree that EVERY commercial seems to have mixed couples when they are in reality a smaller demographic.

by Anonymousreply 129June 5, 2022 12:55 AM

[quote]Bitch is starting to look like Blac Chyna.

Bitch is starting to look like Jennifer Lewis.

by Anonymousreply 130June 5, 2022 2:38 AM

OMG, it's going to be at the Tribeca Film Festival? I am SO jealous of the gays who will get to watch this powerful film.

I wonder if Billy and Luke might be both nominated for Lead Actor like Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis were for Thelma and Louise? I'm sure Billy and Luke will be giving powerhouse performances.

Billy could win. He's one of the biggest actors of our generation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131April 20, 2023 1:53 AM

Luke Evans is smoking hot! Love all his crotch pics on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 132April 20, 2023 1:55 AM

Billy Porter dumping Luke Evans. That's a believable film right there if I ever saw one.

by Anonymousreply 133April 20, 2023 1:56 AM

They ought to make Harry Styles play the guy who steals Luke away. Billy wouldn't have any trouble being convincing with the jealous rage.

by Anonymousreply 134April 20, 2023 2:12 AM

What the thing with Hollywood casting 'actors' that are too old for the roles? This should be a couple in their 30s with an eight year old son, not a 53 and 44 years old.

by Anonymousreply 135April 20, 2023 2:13 AM

Billy's crying scenes will undoubtedly be powerful, moving, and subtle.

by Anonymousreply 136April 20, 2023 2:14 AM

Who's the top?

by Anonymousreply 137April 20, 2023 4:21 AM

I look forward to seeing it.

by Anonymousreply 138April 20, 2023 5:02 AM

R137 Like Luke would go anywhere near that tired old pucker!

by Anonymousreply 139April 20, 2023 5:05 AM

I've heard that the sex scenes between Billy and Luke, to show their once-passionate relationship, are extremely steamy.

by Anonymousreply 140April 20, 2023 5:48 AM

[quote]I've heard that the sex scenes between Billy and Luke, to show their once-passionate relationship, are extremely steamy.

Who would buy that for a second? If Evans can pull this off, give this man an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 141April 20, 2023 6:16 AM

No Thanks! I would love to see Luke Evans in a gay film/sex scenes with an equally hot costar. This is not it😵

by Anonymousreply 142April 20, 2023 9:05 PM

Matt Bomer would definitely be Joanna Kramer.

by Anonymousreply 143April 20, 2023 10:50 PM

Billy might be afraid of Luke's tremendous manhood.

by Anonymousreply 144April 20, 2023 11:57 PM

THR reviews "Our Son":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145June 10, 2023 11:02 PM

This sounds like a gay remake of Kramer vs Kramer . At this rage of my life , I'm not sitting through this for 2 hour forty five minutes . The only thing close to reality is black daddy is the one who cheats.

by Anonymousreply 146June 10, 2023 11:20 PM

[quote] So who’s Meryl and who’s Dustin?

At his recent concert, Billy said he is the "Meryl."

by Anonymousreply 147June 10, 2023 11:26 PM

Anything Billy Porter does, I look away.

by Anonymousreply 148June 10, 2023 11:30 PM

From that image at r145 I am not seeing a huge disparity in their appearances.

by Anonymousreply 149June 10, 2023 11:37 PM

I hate it already.

by Anonymousreply 150June 10, 2023 11:40 PM

This really has to be a joke. How the fuck did anyone think this was a good idea?

by Anonymousreply 151June 11, 2023 12:30 AM

Dean Phylicia Rashad plays Porter’s mother.

by Anonymousreply 152June 11, 2023 1:36 AM

Billy Porter hysterically raising his husky-yet-shrill voice for an entire hour and a half? Buy my ticket now!

And they say no one wants to see movies anymore!

by Anonymousreply 153June 11, 2023 1:41 AM

[quote] Dean Phylicia Rashad plays Porter’s mother.

I hope she'll be as unrelentingly contemptuous and cold to him as she was to Vanessa Huxtable.

by Anonymousreply 154June 11, 2023 1:42 AM

Really, R149, Billy looks... Special in that picture.

by Anonymousreply 155June 11, 2023 2:22 AM

I didn't watch that other Billy film. What makes them think I want more of the same?

by Anonymousreply 156June 11, 2023 3:55 AM

[quote]Billy Porter’s costumes by Bob Mackie.

Billy Porter’s costumes by Travilla.

by Anonymousreply 157June 11, 2023 11:55 PM

This looks dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 158November 14, 2023 7:43 AM

Can't wait to NOT watch this.

by Anonymousreply 159November 14, 2023 11:57 AM

He’s knocking on Luke’s trailer or hotel door at night and Luke is just putting on some noise cancelling headphones…

by Anonymousreply 160November 14, 2023 12:13 PM

The custody drama movie will be related in select theaters on December 8th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161November 15, 2023 6:15 PM

he wore both a dress and a men's jacket on DWTS last night.

by Anonymousreply 162November 15, 2023 6:17 PM

Presenting The Director's Cut of the Film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163November 15, 2023 6:24 PM

This could've been so hot, but unbelievable, incompatible casting makes it a hard pass

by Anonymousreply 164November 21, 2023 3:59 AM

Is this still happening?

by Anonymousreply 165November 21, 2023 4:04 AM

It's now streaming on Peacock.

by Anonymousreply 166May 31, 2024 6:56 PM

Isaac Powell has a spectacular ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167May 31, 2024 8:26 PM

This sounds absolutely insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 168May 31, 2024 9:25 PM

This was the perfect airplane movie.

by Anonymousreply 169May 31, 2024 9:27 PM

Luke Evans looks like he smelled a fart.

If that’s supremely attractive you need glasses and good taste.

by Anonymousreply 170May 31, 2024 9:32 PM

Didn’t Luke already make this film with somebody else?

by Anonymousreply 171May 31, 2024 10:25 PM

Is BP the most despised gay male celebrity on DL? I didn't get the memo but then I sleep a lot at work.

by Anonymousreply 172June 1, 2024 12:37 AM

Billy: you're NEVER gonna win the Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 173June 1, 2024 12:56 AM

Drama vs. Drama

by Anonymousreply 174June 1, 2024 12:59 AM

r172: frankly, no.

I think the right-wingers like Peter Thiel and Milo Y. and Aaron Schock are hated much more.

by Anonymousreply 175June 1, 2024 1:00 AM

I wonder if Billy’s character is an imperious bitch, who is always ‘on’. If that’s the case, no acting required.

by Anonymousreply 176June 1, 2024 4:19 AM

Billy Porter is loved by straight audiences for the same reason he is disdained by so many gay men: he fully inhabits the stereotype of a gay man as a high-maintenance diva who creates drama out of every situation.

by Anonymousreply 177June 1, 2024 5:32 AM

Billy is only loved by the casting directors and producers on the coasts - the ones who determine who will be on what show or who will be in the news. No love from regular people, certainly not in what the arrogant refer to as " flyover" country. East and west coasts - you can have Billy. Enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 178June 1, 2024 12:56 PM

Isaac Powell's ass really is the only saving grace for the film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179June 1, 2024 1:01 PM

I'm an old white gay codger and I like Billy Porter. Sure Billy is frequently DE TROP, histrionic and tacky, but what's so wrong with that?

by Anonymousreply 180June 1, 2024 1:05 PM

Ugh smut cunt Phylicia Rashad is in this movie.

by Anonymousreply 181June 2, 2024 12:42 AM

[quote] I'm an old white gay codger and I like Billy Porter. Sure Billy is frequently DE TROP, histrionic and tacky, but what's so wrong with that?

Then go ahead and like him! No one is stopping you.

by Anonymousreply 182June 2, 2024 12:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!