Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Charles Siebert, Actor on ‘Trapper John, M.D.,’ Dies at 84

The Wisconsin native also appeared six times on Broadway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 3, 2022 3:57 AM

He was kind of cute.

by Anonymousreply 1May 31, 2022 7:43 PM

Sad to read this. DLers will also know him as a fabulous player of the 100,000 Pyramid.

And an excuse to hear the fantastic theme to TRAPPER JOHN M.D. once again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 31, 2022 7:58 PM

I wanted to be a pair of Gonzo's scrubs so, so badly. LOL

But yes, Pernell Roberts and Charles Siebert were kinda handsome too.

Wait...Brian Mitchell....is that Brian Stokes Mitchell? Wow!

by Anonymousreply 3May 31, 2022 8:34 PM

I thought he was the headmaster on the first season of Facts of Life but I was mistaken.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 31, 2022 9:36 PM

oh R4 that guy was kinda cute too

by Anonymousreply 5May 31, 2022 9:39 PM

He had a good toupee. I remember him on ATWT as a minister Lisa was trying to snare.

by Anonymousreply 6May 31, 2022 9:50 PM

I was too young to watch Trapper John M.D. live when it aired, so I best remember him from the Headless Horseman episode of Murder, She Wrote. I thought he was really handsome there (certainly more so than the town rogue who stole his fiancee...Barry Williams!), and looked him up as a result. I've still never seen an episode of Trapper John, but that theme song is really great.

Covid-related pneumonia. A sad reminder it's really not over.

by Anonymousreply 7May 31, 2022 9:54 PM

He had some big biceps I remember.

by Anonymousreply 8May 31, 2022 10:14 PM

Lisa! That hussy!

by Anonymousreply 9May 31, 2022 10:16 PM

Has Gregory Harrison issued a statement?

by Anonymousreply 10June 1, 2022 4:03 AM

R3, I wanted to be the soap that Gonzo had just scrubbed with in that shower.

by Anonymousreply 11June 1, 2022 4:16 AM

Yes, Brian Mitchell was Brian Stokes Mitchell. What an incredible talent he turned out to be.

by Anonymousreply 12June 1, 2022 4:19 AM

He had large thighs and a nice ass.

by Anonymousreply 13June 1, 2022 5:37 AM

"Mr. Siebert was diagnosed with PTSD shortly after working closely with Bonnie Franklin on several episodes of 'One Day at a Time'; but he fought valiantly for decades to overcome the trauma and sustain both a career and his sanity. One witness on the set swore that Franklin had gone so far as to slap Siebert quite viciously, but the veracity of this claim was never proven."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 1, 2022 5:59 AM

Pyramid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 1, 2022 1:12 PM

Pyramid 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 1, 2022 1:14 PM

Nice Koreatown wig he has in those two videos.

by Anonymousreply 17June 1, 2022 1:21 PM

Has Christopher Norris issued a statement?

by Anonymousreply 18June 1, 2022 1:37 PM

Madge Sinclair sends her love.

by Anonymousreply 19June 1, 2022 9:54 PM

I thought he was so hot on One Day at a Time. Pants were always snug and he had a nice, beefy body.

by Anonymousreply 20June 1, 2022 10:06 PM

I would have rewarded him thoroughly if he helped me win 10,000 dollars.

by Anonymousreply 21June 1, 2022 10:08 PM

He was on Dallas as the guy who tried to prosecute Jock for killing Pam’s real father

by Anonymousreply 22June 1, 2022 10:18 PM

I remember him from One Day at a Time but especially from this scene on All in the Family

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 1, 2022 11:27 PM

Hot guy and one of the best Pyramid players ever. If you had him or Shelley Smith you were gonna win.

by Anonymousreply 24June 2, 2022 12:01 AM

R15, R16, someone named "Sam Rubin" posted this comment about Siebert on Deadline:

[quote]I was a non-celebrity “civilian” contestant on the “$25,000 Pyramid,” and on the episode I appeared on – Lynn Redgrave and Charles Siebert were my stars. Both were incredibly nice and supportive and fun. Plus, I went to the “Winner’s Circle” and while I didn’t win the 25K, I did win a great trip to Tokyo and Hong Kong. Now all three well known people on that show, Lynn, Charles and Dick Clark are gone. I’d admire each of them very much. I think Charles got a real kick that his TV series gig enabled him to do extra gigs like “Pyramid.” He will be missed.

by Anonymousreply 25June 3, 2022 3:35 AM

He also played Shirley's sympathetic boss on the "What's Happening" episode where she leaves the diner and gets a job with a balloon company owned by a racist. DL fave Ellen Travolta played a racist cunt in that episode.

by Anonymousreply 26June 3, 2022 3:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!