Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

HEY, SLUTS! Get Your Ass Swabbed for HPV / anal cancer. Save your ass. Save your life.

Don't be shy with your doctors. They know what a nasty boy (or girl) you were. And they don't care about that, but they will care about your health.

So check the thread I'll link at R1 for consequences if you don't get checked. And remember that a lot can be taken care of if you make sure to take care of your back end business.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 23, 2023 9:54 PM

A DLer dealing with this issue

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 20, 2022 10:58 PM

Not anymore R1. Didn't you get the memo?

by Anonymousreply 2May 20, 2022 11:02 PM

I don't have anal sex, giving or taking. I think I'm good.

by Anonymousreply 3May 20, 2022 11:11 PM

R3, I was a huge bottom. So this is an issue that had me panicked for some time.

I finally got checked. As it turns out, I had a number of irregular polyps but no HPV or anything apparently related to my history of being a "turn down no dick" bottom. The polyps were checked and biopsied and are ok, but my doctor thought I should tell my family (which I did). My siblings all had colonoscopies and have had a number of polyps that are unusual for our age. So we are all on regular colonoscopies and other regular GI updates that people our age don't otherwise do.

So check your family history, even if you weren't a raw bottom like some of us were.

by Anonymousreply 4May 20, 2022 11:15 PM

I think it's lovely Muriel is now providing public service messages on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 5May 20, 2022 11:36 PM

01/23/23 - After almost 40 years my anal warts have returned - seeing a doctor tomorrow. For those who had successfully treated, they can return. Also, for those who have, you should have an annual check up for anal cancer.

My initial exposure was in the early 80s and I wasn't aware of HPV so we really do need sex education in high school and college.

by Anonymousreply 6January 23, 2023 6:34 PM

I'm not a slut--I'm a dancer!

by Anonymousreply 7January 23, 2023 6:35 PM

^ good for you. Back to serious posters.

by Anonymousreply 8January 23, 2023 6:47 PM

r8, you need to get your ass swabbed just to loosen it up somehow.

by Anonymousreply 9January 23, 2023 6:55 PM

For anyone 45 years or younger, get a HPV vaccination. It's too late for me but protect yourself. You can also get one if you have already been exposed as there are different strains.

by Anonymousreply 10January 23, 2023 6:56 PM

Kiss your hemorrhoids, good-bye.

by Anonymousreply 11January 23, 2023 6:57 PM

Many docs won't do this sort of exam on males, as there is no FDA approved HPV anal swab. The vaginal/cervical swab is used on men, which works, but again, not FDA approved, which means you may have difficulties finding a lab to process it, and your insurance may not pay for the test. If you want this done, be sure to (1) educate yourself on the insurance and other details; and (2) call the doc's office first and make sure you can get the test done. You may have better luck at a men's health clinic. I know my local county STD clinic won't do anal swabs for HPV.

R6, unfortunately almost nobody knew about the risks of HPV in the early 1980s. The link between HPV and cervical cancer was figured out in the 1980s.

by Anonymousreply 12January 23, 2023 7:18 PM

Thanks R12 - again, everyone protect yourself with a vaccination (if within the age range). HPV is now highly preventable.

by Anonymousreply 13January 23, 2023 7:38 PM

I have had anal brushing once a year for the past 10 yrs. It began with my going to a dr who is part of the hospitals LGBT outreach program. He asked some questions I had never been asked before by a physician: " Are you sexually active? Is your activity primarily gay or straight? Are you a top, bottom, or versatile?" After I said I was a gay bottom, he asked if I would like to have an STI battery and an anal brushing. He then explained the HPV cells that could lead to anal cancer. So, I agreed to both, even though the brushing was not covered by my insurance. During the physical, I turned on my side, pulled open the gown and " presented hole." The brushing was like a q-tip that went inside the opening and was turned a couple of times before the brush was put into a specimen jar. That was it. The did find some suspicious cells, so I had a sigmoidoscopy and the cells were negative. Since then, I have had no abnormal cells. Anal brushing is such an easy process and something that most men , especially gay men who should be aware, don't know about. I would have never known about it myself unless I had gone to a gay provider.

by Anonymousreply 14January 23, 2023 9:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!