Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tom Daley says there is extra pressure on same sex couples to be good parents

Is he right? Are same sex couples who became parents held to a much higher standard?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75December 8, 2022 11:58 PM

Sounds like it all comes from his head.

by Anonymousreply 1May 17, 2022 8:06 PM

It would've made pageant life easier.

by Anonymousreply 2May 17, 2022 8:09 PM

Well, seeing that they both get to stay home most days, this good parenting thing shouldn't be a problem.

by Anonymousreply 3May 17, 2022 8:18 PM

As if these two queens, or Andy Cohen, or Anderson Cooper, actually parent their kids.

by Anonymousreply 4May 17, 2022 8:24 PM

Dustin Lance Black must give good dick and/or have a gorilla grip hole because he is most definitely a butterface

by Anonymousreply 5May 17, 2022 8:25 PM

I hope they used Tom's sperm when manufacturing the baby.

by Anonymousreply 6May 17, 2022 8:28 PM

He might have thought about that before allowing himself to have photos taken of him getting railed by bare cock 15 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 7May 17, 2022 8:30 PM

R5, you know the answer to that already....based on an internet search.

by Anonymousreply 8May 17, 2022 8:31 PM

r7 Tom was 12 15 years ago!!šŸ˜² r6 Manufactured?? You mean created?

by Anonymousreply 9May 17, 2022 8:32 PM

As Neil Patrick Harris says about the Amy Winehouse charcuterie platter at his Halloween Party: It was regrettable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 17, 2022 8:33 PM

Oh, my. DLB's plastic face is the stuff of nightmares.

I don't think it's about being a same sex couple, as much as it is about being male (and not necessarily about being gay either) I don't think lesbians are held to a higher standard. And in straight couples, it's just a fact that women bear the brunt of the childrearing responsibility from birth to young adulthood. If the father's a fuck up, the mother almost will always be there.

Yes, there are men who are great co-parents and share equally in the parts that are burdensome without being asked. They participate in all aspects of parenthood, not just the fun stuff. But the average guy won't do very much unless he is pressed to. He'd much rather watch TV or indulge in his hobbies. Straight guys are the template from which gay couples will be judged, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 11May 17, 2022 8:37 PM

R11, you are right, except you are forgetting one major issue.

Gay men are seen historically as child molestors, so there is a huge burden to prove that we're not. It's stupid as hell, but it's there. This is a big part of the self-consciousness gay men feel regarding being a 'guncle', a teacher, or a parent.

by Anonymousreply 12May 17, 2022 8:45 PM

There is for the simple reason that people many people don't think they should be parents, so any negative parenting is "proof" that same sex couples shouldn't be parents. Obviously how much pressure any gay person or couple will feel depends on a number of factors. Some people might be facing direct comments and doubt. Others may just be insecure, others affirmatively want to project a good image. Still others don't give a shit. The pressure from people's opinions is one thing; the pressure if countries start going backwards on gay marriage/parenting rights via actual policy and legislation is an entirely different pressure.

by Anonymousreply 13May 17, 2022 8:49 PM

Do people really care about this shit?

by Anonymousreply 14May 17, 2022 8:51 PM

It's not about being child molester, jesus christ - how old are you and how small is your flyover town. Nobody thinks that gay male teachers or coaches or policemen are child molesters. They think that PRIESTS are child molesters.

Gay relationships are inherently more unstable than heterosexual ones. That's why some people don't approve of some same sex couples having children. It's the musical chairs of all the future partners and open relationships. Plus Orgies.

Most people are not fit to be parents. Gay couples don't have to mimic everything straight people do. Pete and Chasten aren't your average gay couple. They are running on a heteronormative Republican ticket. And they'll never get there. Not solely because of discrimination. They're so fucking boring and FAKE.

by Anonymousreply 15May 17, 2022 9:00 PM

Was Dustin Lance Black's face made on a 3D printer?

by Anonymousreply 16May 17, 2022 9:03 PM

Very true, r12. Why did I forget about that? Especially after the recent incident on Amtrak.

[Quote]the pressure if countries start going backwards on gay marriage/parenting rights via actual policy and legislation is an entirely different pressure.

R13 - Is this a consideration in the UK? I've always taken the British as being far more gay friendly than the U.S..

by Anonymousreply 17May 17, 2022 9:03 PM

I wish he'd shut up and present hole.

by Anonymousreply 18May 17, 2022 9:13 PM

There's a dark side to gay parenting no one talks about. I've dated two closeted cases who had lesbian and gay parents. I believe many kids to gay parents are pressed by them to be straight otherwise they'll be accused of turning the kids gays. Two of my exes on this situation are bisexual. It's more common than people think.

by Anonymousreply 19May 17, 2022 9:21 PM

y'all make fun of DLB, but he still doesn't look like he's 20 years older than TD

by Anonymousreply 20May 17, 2022 9:23 PM

^ whatevs, he's ugly and he doesn't fuck Tom like I would

by Anonymousreply 21May 17, 2022 9:26 PM

Think of the birthday parties!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 17, 2022 9:32 PM

Oh Tom. Shut up. We know you have an open marriage.

by Anonymousreply 23May 17, 2022 9:35 PM

[quote]Very true, [R12]. Why did I forget about that? Especially after the recent incident on Amtrak.

Did that actually happen?

[quote][R13] - Is this a consideration in the UK? I've always taken the British as being far more gay friendly than the U.S..

Despite the high pitched squeals of homophobia from the likes of Owen Jones there is no likelihood of any restrictions on rights for women, gay people or trans people in the UK.

There was a recent vote to further liberalise abortion laws in England, the Prime Minister congratulated the gay footballer who came out yesterday and congratulated a Tory MP who had recently got married to another man. A lot of Tory MPs of the older generation opposed gay marriage but this is now a settled issue and there are huge numbers of gay Tory MPs, although most of them are quite odd.

To repeal any equality laws there would need to be over 300 MPs supporting it and there just aren't the numbers. Any reform to the Gender Recognition Act has now stalled and self ID will only come in with a Labour government and only when campaigners acknowledge that there are clashes in rights and how the law should treat specific clashes, i.e. male rapists who want to be sent to a woman's prison etc.

Dustin Lance Black has campaigned to reform surrogacy laws in Britain but there isn't much appetite to open up the market for women renting out their wombs here. I'm sure noted feminist Nicola Sturgeon will try to make Scotland the surrogacy capital of Europe now that Ukraine is experiencing supply issues.

by Anonymousreply 24May 17, 2022 9:46 PM

Tom Daley is so very, very thirsty. I tend to ignore anything he says because the desperation is quite off-putting.

by Anonymousreply 25May 17, 2022 9:57 PM

R15 you must lead a privileged life. The specter of 'what about gay men molesting my children' is still out there.

by Anonymousreply 26May 17, 2022 10:06 PM

r24 There is a government policy paper on surrogacy reform due to be published in the autumn.Among the recommendations the law society has made to the government is a register of surrogates as there is a register of sperm and egg donors currently so children when they grow up have access to some of that information and a continuation of the ban on commercial surrogacy.

by Anonymousreply 27May 18, 2022 12:37 AM

Fuck this cunt, and fuck his grandfather/boyfriend.

They can both rot in hell.

by Anonymousreply 28May 18, 2022 1:20 AM

[quote]Very true, [[R12]]. Why did I forget about that? Especially after the recent incident on Amtrak.

[Quote]Did that actually happen?

I believe it did. IIRC, what threw the thread off was the parent who wrote about the incident invoked J.K. Rowling as yet another example of people who trample on freedoms, likening the Harry Potter author to the creep on the train, which understandably set DL off. Maybe, the story wasn't real, but I believe the scenario could happen. Some people are becoming sickeningly bold to the point they believe they're world police.

by Anonymousreply 29May 18, 2022 1:52 AM

[quote]I believe it did. IIRC, what threw the thread off was the parent who wrote about the incident invoked J.K. Rowling as yet another example of people who trample on freedoms, likening the Harry Potter author to the creep on the train, which understandably set DL off. Maybe, the story wasn't real, but I believe the scenario could happen. Some people are becoming sickeningly bold to the point they believe they're world police.

I find it strange that some incidents now happen with no camera phone footage. None from the victims, none from onlookers, none from the cameras on the train who identify the perp.

There was a woman in Britain who claimed she was attacked this weekend for wearing a Stonewall tshirt, conveniently at the same time as a women's rights protest, but no photos or footage has been shared. Plenty of footage of the women's rights protest but none of the attack on Stonewall woman.

by Anonymousreply 30May 18, 2022 8:25 AM

Except, r30, Amtrak and local authorities admit it's what happened.

Why are you so committed to thinking these men are liars?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 18, 2022 9:36 AM

This is true, but mainly because women do not like men in "their space". We have several gay parents at my school. The lesbian parents are treated like any other parent. The gay men have every action and every choice scrutinized by the mothers. Mothers a particularly judgemental about how two men raise girls.

by Anonymousreply 32May 18, 2022 9:48 AM

Shouldnā€™t you be striving to be a good parent regardless whether youā€™re gay or straight?šŸ§

by Anonymousreply 33May 18, 2022 9:48 AM

R28 Who are you?

Donald Trump, Anita Bryant, Julia Gillard?

Who?

by Anonymousreply 34May 18, 2022 9:49 AM

I think gay men are held to a higher account. There's the whole 'children need their mothers' stuff. Plus there are still a lot of people who believe that a child needs a mother and a father.

I was brought up by a mother and a father and my childhood was so bad, it left me with serious mental health issues. (I know, boo hoo for me) So I don't believe that children need ma and pa. I think children need parents who love them and who will always look after their welfare. As long as that's happening, there's no problem with the parents sex as far as I'm concerned.

And all those men who hid behind the Gay Rights Movement and tried to sneak their paedophilia in, have now moved to the trans cult. Unlike the Gay Right's Movement, the trans aren't making any attempt to kick them out. In fact they seem to welcome them with open arms.

by Anonymousreply 35May 18, 2022 10:13 AM

Tom has issues. Especially grampa issues. Go knit something.

by Anonymousreply 36May 18, 2022 10:49 AM

DLB looks like a parrotfish

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 18, 2022 10:53 AM

[quote]Except, [R30], Amtrak and local authorities admit it's what happened. Why are you so committed to thinking these men are liars?

The link you provided doesn't work in my country but I found this update where the perp was identified.

The speed at which the men tried to blame JK Rowling and the lack of any update made me suspicious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 18, 2022 11:28 AM

Jesus Christ, Thing One on the left in OP, wtf? Ugh. So gross. And Daley would be helped by not having a Karen haircut. It makes him look like a fifty year old midwestern frau.

by Anonymousreply 39May 18, 2022 11:34 AM

[quote]Tom Daley is so very, very thirsty.

This is my problem with him, too. It's not confidence, it's need. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 40May 18, 2022 11:42 AM

Tom Daley has the relationship he wants. He wants to be a family man yet he wants the freedom to fuck around as much as he likes. Marriage to DLB gives him both.

by Anonymousreply 41May 18, 2022 11:43 AM

Please. He wonā€™t be with that decrepit filler induced mess much longer.

by Anonymousreply 42May 18, 2022 11:48 AM

I think all parents who use adoption or surrogacy are held to a higher standard, even if they are heterosexual. Because they had to go out of their way to become parents it is just expected that they will work harder at being parents.

by Anonymousreply 43May 18, 2022 1:02 PM

How much money does DLB actually have? I mean, he's a screenwriter and an Oscar winning one but he really doesn't write many scripts and they're never action movies or comedies (where the big money is made in screenwriting). Based on their social media, they seem to have a bigger lifestyle than they can afford on DLB's money. And how much has TD made from his diving and side gigs? They'd have to have spent a fortune to get that kid.

by Anonymousreply 44May 18, 2022 1:14 PM

It is wrong to breed women like cattle and separate babies from their mother.

by Anonymousreply 45May 18, 2022 1:50 PM

Given the ignorant, misogynistic filth gay men spout about women, R32, they would be right to be concerned. Girls need mothers.

by Anonymousreply 46May 18, 2022 1:57 PM

Compared to the standards women have been held to as mothers for millenia, from tradition, mythology, religion, to Freud and the courts in divorce and custody and visitation cases?

by Anonymousreply 47May 18, 2022 3:04 PM

r42 I think they will have another child first.

by Anonymousreply 48May 18, 2022 4:27 PM

They cheat on each other. Disgusting fags.

by Anonymousreply 49May 19, 2022 4:47 AM

Black is never left alone with the child

by Anonymousreply 50May 19, 2022 11:55 PM

r44 Maybe a reality show about being gay parents or going through a second surrogacy beckons?

by Anonymousreply 51May 20, 2022 2:09 AM

No way would they do that R51. A while back they were in talks with BBC for a docu about surrogacy but it got dropped quietly, my guess is either DLB became unreasonable or showing their kidā€™s face was the deal-breaker

by Anonymousreply 52May 20, 2022 10:24 PM

r52 I didnt know about that .Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 53May 21, 2022 12:29 AM

Bringing back this ancient thread but seriously- youā€™d never think him & DLB had a kid. This month alone, heā€™s been out partying nearly every bloody night if his Insta stories are to be believed plus jetting off to various places for ā€˜workā€™. Who the hell looks after Robbie?! Toms mum I assume who has probably raised that kid more than they have. Iā€™m no saint as a parent, itā€™s good to have a life outside it but I feel like Tom went in for the parent thing way too young & at the height of his career & fame. Guess thatā€™s what happens when you marry someone the same age as your parents šŸ„“

by Anonymousreply 54December 8, 2022 10:25 PM

Tom is such a tacky dresser when he "dresses up".

by Anonymousreply 55December 8, 2022 10:33 PM

Pressure to be a "good parent," or be a better parent than straight people? There's a difference. There should be pressure to be a good parent, since there's no pressure in being a bad one.

by Anonymousreply 56December 8, 2022 10:38 PM

When Dustin Lance Black looks like the smart one of the two, that's a problem.

by Anonymousreply 57December 8, 2022 10:39 PM

Passaround. Friend of Bryan. Trash.

by Anonymousreply 58December 8, 2022 10:40 PM

ā€œTom Daley saysā€ A warning something profoundly inconsequential is about to be spouted.

by Anonymousreply 59December 8, 2022 10:48 PM

Garbage. He is a creep. His husband is a creep. Their friend is a creep. Do not pretend otherwise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60December 8, 2022 10:52 PM

Dustin Lance Black looks like Jeff Koons crossed with a pedo who's had work done.

by Anonymousreply 61December 8, 2022 11:09 PM

I really believe the charade will not hold. Tommy and DLB, and their extra curricular "activities" are destined for a tell all documentary. One person coming forward will snowball into several. Once one goes, people will start looking at the other, they will both be exposed.

by Anonymousreply 62December 8, 2022 11:18 PM

What activities are you (not) speaking about, R62?

by Anonymousreply 63December 8, 2022 11:21 PM

Oh MARY! Nobody will be shocked or even care that a gay couple has an open marriage. Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 64December 8, 2022 11:22 PM

I thought R62 was referring to pederasty.

by Anonymousreply 65December 8, 2022 11:25 PM

Oh. yuk

by Anonymousreply 66December 8, 2022 11:26 PM

Heā€™s right.

by Anonymousreply 67December 8, 2022 11:29 PM

R64 = I wasn't talking about an Open Marriage. Welcome to DL. You are clearly new.

by Anonymousreply 68December 8, 2022 11:29 PM

I'm sorry darling. My eyes got tired reading that article. I wish them the very best.šŸ˜˜

by Anonymousreply 69December 8, 2022 11:30 PM

The problem is that there isn't nearly enough pressure on straight couples to be good parents.

by Anonymousreply 70December 8, 2022 11:31 PM

Tom ainā€™t a fag. Heā€™s said so.

He walked back his homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 71December 8, 2022 11:33 PM

I wonder if Dustin is teaching their 4 year old not to start fights then cry when he gets hurt

by Anonymousreply 72December 8, 2022 11:33 PM

R71 = Troll and posting all over DL using the "F" word. ...FF him...

by Anonymousreply 73December 8, 2022 11:36 PM

[quote]Dustin Lance Black looks like Jeff Koons crossed with a pedo who's had work done.

I don't know why you gurls hate him so much. I guess there's a good reason. Maybe it's jealousy especially as so many of you think Tom's so very attractive and it looks like they have a very comfortable lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 74December 8, 2022 11:46 PM

Pray for that poor child.

by Anonymousreply 75December 8, 2022 11:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!