Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Top Chef Houston - Part 2

Down to the Final 5

Sarah, Nick, Damarr, Buddha, and Evelyn.

Evelyn seems to be the front runner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 4, 2022 10:18 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 13, 2022 6:35 PM

WTF, R1?

by Anonymousreply 2May 13, 2022 6:36 PM

So sad to see Nick go home.

I really thought he would be in the finale.

He's certainly a better chef than Damarr. I don't know what Damarr is thinking, but he has really been putting out some lackluster food lately.

It looks like the final two will be Buda and Sarah. So go Sarah!!!

by Anonymousreply 3May 21, 2022 11:57 AM

Why do they always show Evelyn eating the Talenti ice cream?

I know that they're a sponsor of the show, but it's so embarrassing to show her wolfing it down!

by Anonymousreply 4May 21, 2022 11:59 AM

The judges must regret putting Nick and Damarr this far in the competition.

Especially seeing the crappy and boring dishes they put out in the past two episodes.

Jackson or Luke would have done a much better job.

by Anonymousreply 5May 21, 2022 6:54 PM

I agree, R3. Really sad to see Nick have one of his worst days in the semifinals. Oh well, that's the nature of a competition. One bad day and it's over. But Damarr is just not as good a chef as Nick or Jackson, or the other three finalists.

I am glad to see Sarah doing so well. She really rocked LCK. Buddha seems like the favorite to me. It looks like he's peaking at the right time. Evelyn is really starting to look like a one-trick pony to me, but they like her food.

by Anonymousreply 6May 22, 2022 3:46 PM

I don't think I've ever understood Evelyn's appeal, from the very beginning.

Just as it was with the other Texas season, it seems like they're keeping her because she's 1. From Texas 2. Latina 3. Female.

by Anonymousreply 7May 22, 2022 6:51 PM

Budha is going to win.

Because.. you know why.

by Anonymousreply 8May 23, 2022 4:44 AM

r8 Could it be he's peaking at right moment, conjures tasty (per judges) and visually appealing food & has likable personality & edit?

by Anonymousreply 9May 23, 2022 12:03 PM

No, R9.

It's because he's asian.

They wanted Shota to win last season, but since that didn't happen, the producers have decided to make Buda win.

I find it completely bizarre how this show is obsessed with those people.

All they ever cook is Congee, and they load their food with MSG.

Maybe it's the addictive quality in MSG that makes the judges fawn over their food.

Honestly, I don't get it.

Luke and Jackson should be in the finale. Not these people.

I'm just hoping Sarah wins, but I won't get my hopes up.

Because this show is always fucking rigged.

by Anonymousreply 10May 23, 2022 4:52 PM

No one else has had so much of their back story shared, as Buda.

I don't think they've done any background on Evelyn or Damarr.

They've done a little bit on Sarah, so I'm guessing she'll be in the top 2.

But clearly, this thing is set up for the asian to win.

As usual.

by Anonymousreply 11May 23, 2022 5:01 PM

Wow r10 / r11 - there's a lot of repressed hostility there. You should really seek out counseling. In meantime, block & FF

by Anonymousreply 12May 23, 2022 5:15 PM

Haha I mean at this point the anti-asian troll is kind of a DL fixture? I'm actually enjoy reading his deranged posts now.

by Anonymousreply 13May 23, 2022 5:19 PM

I had no idea Tucson was designated a UNESCO City of Gastronomy.

by Anonymousreply 14May 23, 2022 6:26 PM

Tucson is the worst finale city ever.

I remember when they used to be sent to Italy, or France, or other high-end food cities.

And this year, it's Tucson.

Just goes to show you how lackluster this season is, that the producers would send the finalists to Tucson.

by Anonymousreply 15May 23, 2022 6:29 PM

[quote] Just goes to show you how lackluster this season is, that the producers would send the finalists to Tucson.

Probably covid-related.

by Anonymousreply 16May 23, 2022 6:31 PM

I really thought all four were going to the finale. The elimination was a shocker. So much for TC favoring black chefs.

by Anonymousreply 17May 27, 2022 1:01 AM

Welcome to Tucson!

Lol

by Anonymousreply 18May 27, 2022 3:54 AM

Evelyn’s crying is so aggravating; it must be up to four times an episode now.

by Anonymousreply 19May 27, 2022 3:54 AM

Damarr wasn't even trying.

It's hilarious how Damarr said, "I almost doubled my friend group."

Lol. You can tell that he's a loner.

by Anonymousreply 20May 27, 2022 3:57 AM

I like Ocean, but he's kind of a know-it-all brat. He seems kind of arrogant.

I hope that Delilah wins.

by Anonymousreply 21May 27, 2022 4:02 AM

That Family Style Quickfire was very cool.

They never did anything like that on Top Chef.

by Anonymousreply 22May 27, 2022 4:11 AM

Meghan Trainor is doing such a fantastic job as host.

In the first few episodes, I thought she would be a failure, since she knew nothing about food.

But she has really grown on me.

by Anonymousreply 23May 27, 2022 4:48 AM

[quote]Evelyn’s crying is so aggravating; it must be up to four times an episode now.

Her constant crying really drives me crazy. She cries discussing the food she is preparing (because it honors her culture/mama/grandma/whatever), then she cries at the Judges' Table when they compliment her food (because it honors her culture/mama/grandma/whatever), and then she cries talking about the Judges' Table afterward.

Jeez, lady, get it together!

by Anonymousreply 24May 27, 2022 5:49 AM

Will she cries when she wins Top Chef?

by Anonymousreply 25May 27, 2022 5:59 AM

I was surprised by the elimination on Top Chef Family Style.

Next week, Tom and Padma are guest judges for the finale!

by Anonymousreply 26May 27, 2022 11:16 AM

Aww, I like Evelyn -- she's a kind soul and her food has consistently been ranked at the top all season long. She's in it to win it.

I love how this show has evolved to let the food speak for itself. It's in such sharp contrast to the earlier seasons with lower talent levels and manufactured-for-tv drama.

by Anonymousreply 27May 27, 2022 6:15 PM

Look here.

Buda the oriental is going to win.

Mark my words.

They didn't get who they wanted last season with the other oriental.

So this season they're making sure the other one wins.

Top WOKE Chef won't have it any other way.

by Anonymousreply 28May 27, 2022 7:00 PM

Go, Sarah!

Win it for Luke and Jackson!

by Anonymousreply 29May 27, 2022 7:07 PM

Would anybody else like a separate thread for discussing Top Chef that hasn't been started by our resident racist troll? He is the OP and is making this thread unreadable.

by Anonymousreply 30May 27, 2022 7:10 PM

R30 = Booduh

by Anonymousreply 31May 27, 2022 7:12 PM

There's no point for a new thread, R30.

The season finale is next week.

by Anonymousreply 32May 28, 2022 4:00 AM

Ocean is a ringer!

No wonder he made it so far.

His dad is a chef.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 29, 2022 2:05 PM

Yes, his chef dad was on the show and Ocean has spoken about him quite a bit. It’s no secret.

by Anonymousreply 34May 29, 2022 2:46 PM

Asian troll is not going to be happy. Poor thing

by Anonymousreply 35June 3, 2022 1:15 AM

This was a blah season. I really didn’t care who won but I watched the finale anyway.

by Anonymousreply 36June 3, 2022 2:45 AM

Wow, R28 really nailed it!

You win the betting pool.

by Anonymousreply 37June 3, 2022 9:43 AM

Family Style was so lovely.

The whole season was really fun to watch, and I was rooting for every single one of those kids. Even the loud family!

I liked it so much better than the regular Top Chef.

I don't know how it ended up on Peacock, rather than on Bravo.

Very happy for the winner. Their three-course meal was amazing.

by Anonymousreply 38June 3, 2022 9:45 AM

It was obvious the judges preferred Buddha's dishes. It was also obvious that Sarah was out of the running by the second course. Her dessert was much admired, but Evelyn's dessert was liked better. Buddha was pretty consistent all the way around. It was not a surprise he won. Well deserved compared to the other two.

by Anonymousreply 39June 3, 2022 6:38 PM

Top Chef should be cancelled.

It's a farce now.

by Anonymousreply 40June 3, 2022 6:43 PM

I agree, R40.

This show is horrible now that it's WOKE.

I guess white chefs are no longer welcome.

by Anonymousreply 41June 3, 2022 9:38 PM

Well deserved, I think. The judges tried to misdirect, but on a non-finale show, that lamb would've been savaged (both under AND overcooked?) The under-salting seafood wouldn't go over well, either, and goat-under-curry-sauce were fundamental errors (though I would have liked to eat the curry). Bhudda's harshest criticism was "too much technique" from the guest judge and "not enough caramel".

by Anonymousreply 42June 4, 2022 9:23 PM

Also, I enjoy reading Asian Troll comments and having an asian win is fun from that perspective too.

by Anonymousreply 43June 4, 2022 9:23 PM

It was clear Buddha was going to win after the first course.

Sarah was straitjacketed by her “used it all” gimmick.

by Anonymousreply 44June 4, 2022 9:49 PM

I dunno, I assume by now these contestants have their 'final meal' planned out from the very beginning since there aren't really any restrictions on the final meal. So the judges should be getting their 'best work'.

by Anonymousreply 45June 4, 2022 10:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!