Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Patti LuPone Screams At Audience Member “GET THE FUCK OUT” During Company Performance.

Audience member unwisely says to Patti “I pay your salary.” You can imagine how that went over.

Of course, an anti masker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320May 28, 2022 8:14 PM

This bitch needs to get a new gimmick. We get it, Patti. You hate cell phones. You've had a dozen of these screaming matches, and it's the only thing that gets you in the news anymore.

At least Zsa Zsa had the smarts to only slap ONE cop!

by Anonymousreply 1May 11, 2022 1:28 PM

She is truly cuntastic

by Anonymousreply 2May 11, 2022 1:32 PM

I love Patti, but she’s becoming a nasty shrew.

by Anonymousreply 3May 11, 2022 1:33 PM

Apparently it was at a talkback, not during the actual performance.

by Anonymousreply 4May 11, 2022 1:35 PM

It wasn't mid-performance, it was during a talkback, which I think is totally fair. Going to a LuPone show and wearing your mask pulled down with house lights up? You're asking for it.

by Anonymousreply 5May 11, 2022 1:36 PM

100% valid.

by Anonymousreply 6May 11, 2022 1:39 PM

Her blood pressure must be thru the roof.

by Anonymousreply 7May 11, 2022 1:44 PM

Anti-masker got PATTISLAPPED!

by Anonymousreply 8May 11, 2022 1:45 PM

Don't forget what she did over Easter!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 11, 2022 1:45 PM

Look, she's right. If the theatre requires you to wear a mask, you need to wear a mask properly.

But, Patti LuPone is wrong. To berate someone like that publicly demonstrates highhandedness, rudeness, and an arrogance that is unnecessary.

Was it her place to enforce the mask requirement?

If she wanted to address the theatre patron, she should have asked her politely to wear the mask correctly and then calmly explain why the woman put others at risk. If the woman continued to resist, the management of the theatre should have stepped in.

The way LuPone handled it was childish....like a spoiled brat.

by Anonymousreply 10May 11, 2022 1:50 PM

The “here we go again” look from Katrina Lenk is great.

by Anonymousreply 11May 11, 2022 1:51 PM

[quote]If she wanted to address the theatre patron, she should have asked her politely to wear the mask correctly and then calmly explain why the woman put others at risk.

Bull-fucking-shit. Anti-maskers don’t respond to politeness. They simply think they are above the rules and they have no problem whatsoever putting other people’s health at risk. I wish more people were like Patti.

by Anonymousreply 12May 11, 2022 1:55 PM

Bitch is gonna stroke out one of these days.

by Anonymousreply 13May 11, 2022 1:55 PM

[quote]If she wanted to address the theatre patron, she should have asked her politely to wear the mask correctly

She did. People who were there said Patti gestured at the woman a few times about her mask, and then did ask her politely, and the woman was rude back at Patti, leading to what you see. There's a reason that person started filming, this didn't just come out of nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 14May 11, 2022 1:57 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 11, 2022 1:59 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 11, 2022 1:59 PM

Another brilliant zinger!

by Anonymousreply 17May 11, 2022 2:01 PM

No one notices that Patti herself is NOT WEARING A MASK???

by Anonymousreply 18May 11, 2022 2:05 PM

Love that LuPone has no fucks to give anymore.

Love that she uses her diva evil powers for good - at least sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 19May 11, 2022 2:06 PM

I love Patti LaBelle. How dare someone disrespect the Queen of Soul.

by Anonymousreply 20May 11, 2022 2:10 PM

Was the audience member Sir ALW?

by Anonymousreply 21May 11, 2022 2:12 PM

Look at all the anti-maskers criticizing Patti LaPone in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 22May 11, 2022 2:13 PM

Nah R22. Some of us just expect people to act civilized and not lose their shit in public.

by Anonymousreply 23May 11, 2022 2:14 PM

Is this a tough on crime stance to make sure she gets that next Tony?

by Anonymousreply 24May 11, 2022 2:14 PM

[quote]Addison Clover, the Tony-award winning performer can be heard berating a guest who reportedly had an issue with the theatre's mask policy.

[quote]"Put your mask over your nose, that's why you're in the theater," the 73-year-old can be heard saying from the stage in the footage.

[quote]"That is the rule. If you don't want to follow the rule, get the f*** out!" she said to cheers. "Who do you think you are? That you do not respect the people that are sitting around you."

[quote]The patron in question fired back at LuPone and said she pays the performer's salary which prompted her to quip: "Bulls***t. Chris Harper pays my salary."

She was in the right here. Sorry to everyone who wants to say she didn't take the right tone, but at this late date, there's no reason to be polite to people who won't wear masks when they're required to.

If the audience member didn't want to wear a mask, they shouldn't have gone.

by Anonymousreply 25May 11, 2022 2:18 PM

Patty isn't wearing a mask, because she was tested when she arrived at the theater (which happens every day for the cast)

by Anonymousreply 26May 11, 2022 2:20 PM

Did she get the fuck out?

by Anonymousreply 27May 11, 2022 2:23 PM

Patti LuPone, taking a bite out of crime.

by Anonymousreply 28May 11, 2022 2:24 PM

R18 is an Insurrectionist Whore.

by Anonymousreply 29May 11, 2022 2:24 PM

So, R26? She's still a hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 30May 11, 2022 2:36 PM

The civility police are all closet fascists.

Team Patty.

by Anonymousreply 31May 11, 2022 2:39 PM

Can you imagine what it was like for her kid growing up? Being terrified to bring home a bad grade or leaving a mess when Mom was in one of her moods.

by Anonymousreply 32May 11, 2022 2:43 PM

The actress hasn’t learned the lines you’d like to hear, she won’t join your clubs, she won’t dance in your halls.

by Anonymousreply 33May 11, 2022 2:44 PM

I like how Patty is the Broadway Hallmonitor.

Team Patty.

by Anonymousreply 34May 11, 2022 2:45 PM

I don’t wear a mask anymore unless it’s required. Yet…

It IS required in the theater. It’s an agreement before you step in the door. If the performers get sick, the show could close. The performers all know their vaccination status, and they don’t wear masks during the performance; wearing a mask during a talkback would be inconsistent.

Patti is in her mid-seventies more vulnerable to COVID,and still goes to work every day. People are coming to the show largely to see her in it.

Her outburst is understandable. Not professional, but she’s a diva to the core. I kind of loved this.

by Anonymousreply 35May 11, 2022 2:46 PM

The bigger crime is the misspelling of Patti’s name by R22. Shame.

by Anonymousreply 36May 11, 2022 2:47 PM

Once a cunt, always a cunt. Where’s your mask you dizzy bitch???? Patti’s a miserable old cunt.

by Anonymousreply 37May 11, 2022 2:50 PM

We will have strict protocols on the set of my new film Sunset Boulevard: The Musical. I must protect my golden voice at all costs so cannot run around screaming, unlike some people.

by Anonymousreply 38May 11, 2022 2:51 PM

Are you incapable of reading, R37? R35 just explained why Patti wasn’t wearing a mask.

Is your English-to-Russian translation app not working today?

by Anonymousreply 39May 11, 2022 2:52 PM

Morons are really showing their colors when they ask why performers aren't masked. God you people are fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 40May 11, 2022 2:54 PM

How does the bitch Patti know that the unmasked person didn’t take a covid test also?

by Anonymousreply 41May 11, 2022 2:59 PM

Absurd. She's a bitch. This Covid insanity must end.

by Anonymousreply 42May 11, 2022 3:02 PM

It doesn't matter if they did, r41. The theater requires them to wear a mask.

by Anonymousreply 43May 11, 2022 3:04 PM

I love it. Fuck the maskless in a theatre. If i was in her pumps I would do the same.

by Anonymousreply 44May 11, 2022 3:08 PM

R30 must like blue.

by Anonymousreply 45May 11, 2022 3:10 PM

You can really see the trolls in a thread like this.

by Anonymousreply 46May 11, 2022 3:11 PM

I'm on her side, I agree with her point of view, but I do find her unhinged freakouts aren't funny. She could accomplish as much with her stature and with calm.

by Anonymousreply 47May 11, 2022 3:14 PM

The idiot trolls in this thread are amusing from a distance. I'm glad I don't have to deal with them in person.

Anyone seeing a show in a theatre in NYC right now is required to wear a mask. There are emails about this requirement that arrive before the show, constant reminders before the show and during intermission at the actual show, and the ushers are monitoring everything diligently once everyone arrives. So this audience member not wearing a mask and telling Patti she pays her salary is just being a purposeful cunt. And no, of course Patti is not wearing a mask. The performers don't. That's the whole point, and they have to get tested constantly to keep everyone safe. So when Patti loses her temper, it's more than justified. ENOUGH.

Broadway wants to keep its doors open. Masks are the way to do that. It's all rather simple, but clearly we are living, sadly, in a world of simpletons.

by Anonymousreply 48May 11, 2022 3:18 PM

Good for her. If people can't behave correctly, they should be called out and thrown out, regardless of the situation. I can't fucking stand people who aren't able, or don't think they have to, follow the rules. Call a cunt a cunt, and that audience member was a cunt to the bone.

by Anonymousreply 49May 11, 2022 3:21 PM

Yes, you should wear a mask in an indoor theater, for your own health and safety, and for the respect of the performers and workers.

That said, Patti is a straight up CUNT. I would totally do it just to troll her and see her explode. Then give her a taste of her own bitter bitch medicine before I get thrown out. Or maybe I would just start subtly playing Madonna's version of "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" from my phone just to see her blood boil while she freaks out wondering where it's coming from.

by Anonymousreply 50May 11, 2022 3:23 PM

What is a talkback? I’m recording it is the speaker that the producer’s voice comes out of. What is a talkback?

by Anonymousreply 51May 11, 2022 3:27 PM

We should start a thread "Let's be all the ways you can make Patti LuPone lose her shit live on stage."

I'm playing Glenn Close's With one Look on my iPhone, loud enough she can hear it.

by Anonymousreply 52May 11, 2022 3:31 PM

Good for Patti. That anti masker should have been arrested for attempted murder.

by Anonymousreply 53May 11, 2022 3:37 PM

R41, she couldn't know that, there's no way to know that, which makes your entire question, like you yourself, fucking stupid beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 54May 11, 2022 3:39 PM

This is a great thread to learn which people to block.

by Anonymousreply 55May 11, 2022 3:44 PM

Like many others, I find her churlish tone beyond the pale. Even though she has a good point, it got lost in her delivery. Isn't this acting 101?

by Anonymousreply 56May 11, 2022 3:52 PM

R54 is too dumb to get R41's point. Why are we not surprised? Broadway diva worshippers are the worst. Even worse than soap fans.

by Anonymousreply 57May 11, 2022 3:55 PM

R57 = Eva Braun

by Anonymousreply 58May 11, 2022 4:00 PM

WELL SOME PEOPLE AIN'T ME!

by Anonymousreply 59May 11, 2022 4:02 PM

Well, R12, LuPone's reaction is no better than the woman's refusal to wear the mask properly. A better option for LuPone would have been for her and the assembled cast members to stop speaking or performing until the management took care of the issue by giving the woman the option to adjust the mask or leave the theatre.

It was the theatre's management who should have handled this, not LuPone.

She berated the woman in public, subjected her to public ridicule, and perhaps worse. The woman can turn around and sue the theatre for harassment.

by Anonymousreply 60May 11, 2022 4:04 PM

Putty LaPoone

by Anonymousreply 61May 11, 2022 4:19 PM

fuck LuPone.

by Anonymousreply 62May 11, 2022 4:28 PM

Patti butchers " Meadowlark." A beautiful, simple song is turned into a manic demonstration of vocal and self-indulgent masturbation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 11, 2022 4:31 PM

[QUOTE] The woman can turn around and sue the theatre for harassment.

No, she actually cannot. Did you just decide to pull this out of your prolapsed asshole?

by Anonymousreply 64May 11, 2022 4:38 PM

How " Meadowlark" should be sung. Just goes to show that Patti knows about uncontrolled histrionics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65May 11, 2022 4:39 PM

"Pay your salary" - ugh. First, tickets in that situation aren't paying salaries. Second, even if they were, that's not why you buy them. It's a bargained for exchange - you pay money for a ticket in exchange for being able to watch the performance; you're paying for the privilege of watching. That's it. You're not paying to tell the performers what they should and shouldn't be doing; how the theater should be handling Covid, etc.

by Anonymousreply 66May 11, 2022 4:42 PM

R60, in the state of New York harassment is legally defined as:

[quote] Any physical injury or course of conduct intended to annoy another person

[quote] Any following of a person in a public place is likely to cause harassment

[quote] Any actions were taken by a person to alarm another person without serving a legitimate purpose

She met none of these legal definitions with her philippic, no matter how distasteful you found it.

You don’t know anything about the law and shouldn’t comment regarding topics which you don’t understand.

by Anonymousreply 67May 11, 2022 4:44 PM

OK, but is Callaway any good at going banshee on the audience? Because if she reigns, at some point, she's gonna have to.

by Anonymousreply 68May 11, 2022 4:44 PM

Oooooh, battle of the old dolls! Thank you, Patti LuPone!

by Anonymousreply 69May 11, 2022 4:45 PM

R60 is an idiot and has no clue what IT is talking about.

by Anonymousreply 70May 11, 2022 4:46 PM

[quote]She berated the woman in public

When you act like an ass in public, you take the risk of people calling you out.

by Anonymousreply 71May 11, 2022 4:47 PM

She's right.

The idiocy of the MAGA bullies, lunatics and criminals need to be called out and removed.

by Anonymousreply 72May 11, 2022 4:48 PM

Why are my posts disappearing from every thread. Is DL doing that to non paying members now? I'm not on any banned list or anything, so why? Of course this too will be gone before anyone has a chance to see and maybe let me know

by Anonymousreply 73May 11, 2022 4:48 PM

I’d like to propose a toast…

Here’s to the former star of Life Goes On who cunts.

by Anonymousreply 74May 11, 2022 4:48 PM

Help! 911! I've been harassed by Patti LuPone!

by Anonymousreply 75May 11, 2022 4:49 PM

I can see you, R73.

by Anonymousreply 76May 11, 2022 4:50 PM

The New York Times should do a weekly column: Have you been harassed by Patti LuPone? We can help.

by Anonymousreply 77May 11, 2022 4:51 PM

She's a nasty woman but she does well with the loser gossip bloggers who think they are above everything, when they are just miserable fat fucks who can't get out of their own way.

by Anonymousreply 78May 11, 2022 4:51 PM

R73 maybe you put yourself on ignore.

by Anonymousreply 79May 11, 2022 4:51 PM

Help! 911! I've been harassed by Patti LaBelle!

by Anonymousreply 80May 11, 2022 4:52 PM

Help! 911! I've been harassed by the ghost of Ida Lupino!

by Anonymousreply 81May 11, 2022 4:53 PM

[quote] or course of conduct intended to annoy another person

[quote] Any actions were taken by a person to alarm another person without serving a legitimate purpose

R57, any lawyer could make an argument that LuPone was doing just that.

by Anonymousreply 82May 11, 2022 4:53 PM

I'm a very nasty women and I HAVEN'T got all day.

by Anonymousreply 83May 11, 2022 4:54 PM

R82, since there is audio evidence of her speaking more calmly, and motioning for the woman to mask properly, it would be successfully argued that Patti’s INTENT was not to annoy. Whether the woman was annoyed is immaterial. The “intended” language in the statute is key in the eyes of the law.

Again, the “legitimate purpose” language is key to the statute. Patti had a obviously observable legitimate purpose, i.e. enforcing the rules not only of the theater but the City of New York.

Again, you don’t understand the law and aren’t qualified to argue the nuisances of same.

by Anonymousreply 84May 11, 2022 4:59 PM

But your honor, she's a cunt!

by Anonymousreply 85May 11, 2022 5:00 PM

BonniePrinceCharlie is about to call the NYPD and file a report against Patti.

by Anonymousreply 86May 11, 2022 5:03 PM

[quote]The woman can turn around and sue the theatre for harassment.

Where did you get your law degree? From the back of a cereal box?

by Anonymousreply 87May 11, 2022 5:03 PM

I love the civility trolls on this thread. They're all over the abortion threads too.

"Mass death and people stripped of rights is one thing, but to be RUDE!!!"

by Anonymousreply 88May 11, 2022 5:03 PM

All the stories of her bitching people out makes me wonder why she’s been banished from Hollywood for over 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 89May 11, 2022 5:09 PM

Slap her, Wilona!

Assertive communication is more effective than aggressive communication. There were so many ways that this could have been handled and Queen Patti chose the one that gave her the dopamine rush and made a room full of people uncomfortable. Do you think people left talking about "Company" or instead talking about how Patti made a scene during the Q&A?

"Hey before I answer this question, I just want to remind everybody in the audience that we're still asking you all to wear masks. I know it can be a real bitch (like me!) but we're trying to keep this show running and we need your help to do that. We get tested every 30 minutes up here so that's why we're not in masks. Thanks so much." If people don't comply, then take it up a notch or address the person directly or ask security to offer the person a mask.

People are more likely to comply when they feel you're on the same side, but Patti's goal was to release tension by belittling someone, because Patti's gonna Patti.

Patti talks about her recent covid infection, here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90May 11, 2022 5:10 PM

Why are you so utterly devoted to some anonymous, anti-masker/probably anti-vaxxer, R90?

by Anonymousreply 91May 11, 2022 5:17 PM

[quote] Queen Patti chose the one that gave her the dopamine rush and made a room full of people uncomfortable.

They didn't sound uncomfortable when they gave her a rousing ovation before the words had completely left her mouth.

Did you even watch the video? Where are you getting the idea that she "made a room full of people uncomfortable?" Sounds a lot more like that theater was uncomfortable having an anti-masker in the audience.

by Anonymousreply 92May 11, 2022 5:21 PM

[quote] Patti had a obviously observable legitimate purpose, i.e. enforcing the rules not only of the theater but the City of New York.

Thank you, R84, for that explanation,

But is Patti LuPone the one charged in enforcing the rules of the theatre or the City of New York?

by Anonymousreply 93May 11, 2022 5:22 PM

I move for a mistrial! I'm very scattered.

by Anonymousreply 94May 11, 2022 5:26 PM

Better yet: Have you been harrassed by Patti LuPone? We can help. We've been arguing the law about this kind of atrocity for years.

Cue jingle

Woodward and Charlie... the Cellino and Barnes of the thee-ah-tuh!

by Anonymousreply 95May 11, 2022 5:30 PM

There are probably hundreds of witnesses to what happened before the video started. Any one of them would testify that the patron was asked calmly to wear their mask before the video started.

It's 2022 and I still can't believe the number of people who just automatically assume that a viral video captured all of the relevant action. As someone upthread said, people start recording AFTER the conflict escalates. We're all living in a Covid world now so argumentative covid deniers are not something we're not well aware of already. We've all seen this type. We know how they are. This woman wasn't some hapless tourist uninformed about local ordinances. She knew what the rules were when she bought her ticket, and she was definitely reminded of them repeatedly, through verbal commands and signage.

Stop defending her, and stop imagining all sorts of "what really happened...." scenarios. Another dime-a-dozen maskhole made a public thing all about them. This is nothing new and it needs to be called out everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 96May 11, 2022 5:32 PM

I would never be so harsh!

by Anonymousreply 97May 11, 2022 5:34 PM

WWPD?

by Anonymousreply 98May 11, 2022 5:35 PM

R93, since New York state does in fact have a citizens arrest statute, anyone is legally able to enforce the laws of the state. The law does not require her to enforce laws, but neither does it require law enforcement officers to do so.

[quote] New York, through Criminal Procedure Law 140.30 and Penal Law 35.30, permits any person to detain (arrest) another for an offense committed in your presence, and for a felony that the suspect actually committed, even though out of your presence

by Anonymousreply 99May 11, 2022 5:36 PM

I must admit that this the mask mandate is not a law but rather a public health rule mandated by the Department of Health, however the same citizen enforcement clause in the statute still apply.

If you saw someone endangering public health by blatant disregard for health and safety codes you are legally able to take the same actions as prescribed in the statute.

by Anonymousreply 100May 11, 2022 5:40 PM

[quote]I still can't believe the number of people who just automatically assume that a viral video captured all of the relevant action.

Datalounge is full of knee-jerk contrarians who are only able to express themselves in vituperative disagreement. You could say "Fire burns" and some genius would shriek "No it doesn't you festering gash!"

by Anonymousreply 101May 11, 2022 5:40 PM

CitiZENS ArREST!

by Anonymousreply 102May 11, 2022 5:41 PM

R101, I got into an argument once with a guy who insisted that you should put your finger into boiling water in a pan to measure that it was deep enough before adding rice. He didn't just double down, he tripled down, all this blah-blah-blah about thermodynamics and how it's totally safe to put your hand into boiling water if it's just for a second. And he wasn't even one of our trolls, as far as I could tell.

by Anonymousreply 103May 11, 2022 5:43 PM

[quote]since New York state does in fact have a citizens arrest statute, anyone is legally able to enforce the laws of the state. The law does not require her to enforce laws, but neither does it require law enforcement officers to do so.

Thank you, Tony...R99.

And that is why these escalate into screaming matches. LuPone should have had the management handle it. It was not her responsibility.

I can imagine just how much the theatre owners and those paying LuPone's salary love it, when she pulls stunts like this.

by Anonymousreply 104May 11, 2022 5:58 PM

Oh, Patti!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105May 11, 2022 6:08 PM

What Patti needs is a good push.

by Anonymousreply 106May 11, 2022 6:23 PM

This guy is brilliant

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107May 11, 2022 6:50 PM

I’m confused, was she in the middle of singing Meadowlark when she let the explicatives fly?

by Anonymousreply 108May 11, 2022 6:52 PM

Brilliant?

by Anonymousreply 109May 11, 2022 6:57 PM

R104, as I said in my first post, you may find the manner in which she acted distasteful, but she was acting fully within her rights as a New Yorker to behave as she did.

I will allow, though give you the side-eye, for your use of “theatre” since the venue spells it that way however it is a signal that you are foreign to the laws and customs of New York.

As to what the producers and owners of the “theatre” believe, this is great social media buzz surrounding the show and one expects that as in much of show business, any press is good press.

by Anonymousreply 110May 11, 2022 7:09 PM

What a rube R110

by Anonymousreply 111May 11, 2022 7:13 PM

Team Patti, always. The only people that are bashing here on this thread are the no goodniks who have always hated her.

Good for you, Patti, you loudmouthed Sicilian Long Islander.

by Anonymousreply 112May 11, 2022 7:17 PM

R111, are you saying I’m a rube or that BPC is? I’m confused.

by Anonymousreply 113May 11, 2022 7:20 PM

Off topic: a relative died and I discovered a bunch of matchbooks. Can any New Yorker tell me about The Little Hippodrome on 227 East 56th St.? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 114May 11, 2022 7:27 PM

r107 I feel sorry for his neighbours

by Anonymousreply 115May 11, 2022 7:30 PM

Lupone is 100% right in this case.

And how is “I pay your salary!” a gotcha? The audience member is present under the condition she remains masked. What a brat.

by Anonymousreply 116May 11, 2022 7:34 PM

“I pay your salary” is a very MAGA/Karen response.

by Anonymousreply 117May 11, 2022 7:36 PM

R110...Born and bred New Yorker here. Just prefer certain spellings of words.

By your logic, we should have all been going around and berating anyone not wearing a mask, no matter the venue. My excuse to the law, when things start to escalate due to fracases over this..."As a citizen, I am legally able to enforce the laws of the state." See how far that gets me.

What's the crime the woman committed? None. The state has lifted the mask mandates in New York. Broadways theatre owners have kept the mandate in place until the end of this month. Those are House Rules. And the House has the right to escort the woman out. Not Patti LuPone.

I do not care whether LuPone asked her civilly or not at the beginning or whether the woman refused, LuPone could have handled it better than she did.

And R110...may I call you Tony? Thank you for maintaining such civility in our exchanges and not resorting to such a New York attitude as thinking others are beneath them who might not be familiar with the laws, customs, and etiquette of New York and its show business. You truly are a lesson in humility.

by Anonymousreply 118May 11, 2022 7:37 PM

I love her to death but god help you if you get on her bad side.

by Anonymousreply 119May 11, 2022 7:40 PM

Please sweet baby Jesus let a remix video appear before the day is over

I cannot believe this has been not posted yet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120May 11, 2022 7:42 PM

I prefer my Broadway stars to be more understated - think of Bebe Neuwirth, Dana Ivey, Alice Ripley, etc.

Talented doesn't have to mean cunty.

by Anonymousreply 121May 11, 2022 7:45 PM

I prefer mine to be divine bitches: Patti LuPone, Elaine Stritch, Lauren Bacall, Ethel Merman, et al.

by Anonymousreply 122May 11, 2022 7:47 PM

She sounded polite first but when it doesn’t work…

by Anonymousreply 123May 11, 2022 7:49 PM

She really truly is the cuntiest cunt who ever cunted!

by Anonymousreply 124May 11, 2022 7:53 PM

Yes, R124, that audience member certainly was and still is.

by Anonymousreply 125May 11, 2022 7:56 PM

Why would any sensible person spend money to see/hear an old bag whose Past Due date has long passed. She should be in her apartment reading her Medicare Hand Book about high blood pressure.

by Anonymousreply 126May 11, 2022 8:00 PM

She’s getting over the top ridiculous. Most people are done with masks. She has said herself theater is a dying art, so she should be happy people are even showing up to see her.

by Anonymousreply 127May 11, 2022 8:02 PM

I honestly always thought she was overhyped.

by Anonymousreply 128May 11, 2022 8:03 PM

Why, when she is yelling at an audience member, is her enunciation perfect, yet, when she is singing, she is unintelligible?

by Anonymousreply 129May 11, 2022 8:03 PM

Theater is still a thing?

by Anonymousreply 130May 11, 2022 8:04 PM

I I’m 100 percent team Patti and the theatre-going, maskless bitch should have worn a mask and was a cunt for not doing so when she was asked to do so several times, but with that said, didn’t need to start screeching like sharpie, telling this woman to GTFO.

You never, EVER know what you’re dealing with when it comes to these Ani-mask nutjobs, and being that Patti is a New Yorker, she ought ya know.

These freaks have killed people for being asked to put on a mask.

Going off on one of these freaks could literally put your life at risk even more so than a bout of CoViD for the vaxxed and boosted.

This is no MARY! shit, either. It’s the truth.

by Anonymousreply 131May 11, 2022 8:19 PM

Was the audience member Bill Smitrovich?

by Anonymousreply 132May 11, 2022 8:22 PM

Sorry for the typos @ r131, but you all get my drift, surely.

by Anonymousreply 133May 11, 2022 8:23 PM

r60 you really think her reaction was just as bad as someone refusing to wear a mask properly? You're equating coarse language with putting actual lives at risk. Masks have been proven to reduce acquisition and transmission of the virus. It's a settled issue at this point. I suppose you also believe giving someone the finger is just as bad as driving while wasted. Shallow idiot.

by Anonymousreply 134May 11, 2022 8:27 PM

R87 Isn't a cereal box where Patti found her SAG card?

by Anonymousreply 135May 11, 2022 8:30 PM

Patti should be wearing a mask. Damn pretentious cunt.

by Anonymousreply 136May 11, 2022 8:44 PM

Just like Alec Baldwin, one of these days Patti is going to rage out on the wrong person and get either a fist or bullet to the face in return.

by Anonymousreply 137May 11, 2022 8:49 PM

Except Alec didn’t get the bullet, r137. He shot the bullet.

But yes. I get what you mean.

by Anonymousreply 138May 11, 2022 8:57 PM

[quote] I prefer my Broadway stars to be more understated - think of Bebe Neuwirth, Dana Ivey, Alice Ripley, etc. Talented doesn't have to mean cunty.

Doll, if you don't equate two of the three of those names with "cunty" then you've never encountered them. Bebe and Dana (es-PECIALLY Dana) are two of the biggest cunts that ever left a slime trail across the great white way.

by Anonymousreply 139May 11, 2022 8:59 PM

I wish there was a Patti at every grocery store, every bar or restaurant, every superstore, every gym.... when COVID was exploding all over us. How many times will you be confronted by a Patti before you understand you cannot bring attention to yourself by not wearing a mask. I was tempted so many times.....

by Anonymousreply 140May 11, 2022 9:28 PM

You forgot about public transportation, R140.

by Anonymousreply 141May 11, 2022 9:52 PM

...and so many other public places, R141.

by Anonymousreply 142May 11, 2022 9:54 PM

They should just have Patti record all the subway announcements.

by Anonymousreply 143May 11, 2022 9:55 PM

With that face, I guess I can understand why she's always so hateful and angry.

by Anonymousreply 144May 11, 2022 9:58 PM

I applaud LuPone for shaming this woman. The woman knew the conditions of attending the theatre. If she didn’t want to mask, she didn’t need to attend. And I’m sure she was equally rude to fellow audiences members who dared ask her to cover her face. So she needed to know how she was disadvantaging everyone who are trying to enjoy a night of theatre during a pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 145May 11, 2022 11:52 PM

Did the woman get escorted out?

by Anonymousreply 146May 11, 2022 11:58 PM

Omg shut up Bonnie Prince Charlie. NO ONE cares what you think, and Patti is about to win her third Tony and there’s not a fucking thing you can do about it. Defending a fucking antimasker in NY. You are so full of shit. Just shut the fuck up you stupid fucking Trumpie. And go back to being anonymous. Every time you open your fucking mouth you spew moronic shit.

by Anonymousreply 147May 12, 2022 12:15 AM

Yes, R146.

by Anonymousreply 148May 12, 2022 12:19 AM

Ugh, she’s so vulgar and obnoxious. Prides herself on it, gets approval for it. So overrated as a performer. Elaine Paige was by far the superior Evita.

by Anonymousreply 149May 12, 2022 12:26 AM

Wow R134, I'm a "shallow idiot." And R147, I spew "moronic shit." Go back and read my posts. At no time do I defend the theatre-goer for not wearing a mask properly.

I just don't think agree with the way LuPone berated the woman.

When people go low, I always try to go high.

by Anonymousreply 150May 12, 2022 1:05 AM

What a cunt. I can't imagine the chore it must be to live or work with her on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 151May 12, 2022 1:08 AM

R150, with all due respect, suggesting that Patti be sued for harassment certainly SEEMS as if you’re advocating for the audience member.

by Anonymousreply 152May 12, 2022 1:12 AM

Patti = Foul-mouthed woman who believes her own publicity.

by Anonymousreply 153May 12, 2022 1:14 AM

It doesn’t matter if you go low or go high. These people are garbage.

I went to several shows this weekend, including Company. Some idiot from Texas came to Company 45 minutes late, wore his mask at half mast, and argued with the usher about masking. His next show was Funny Girl, so I figured his punishment fit the crime.

At the last show, some guy next to me also had his mask under his nose. I suggested he raise it, like everyone else in the theater. He huffed about how it fogged up his glasses, so I suggested an N95 and told him that I didn’t make the rules that he agreed to when he bought his ticket. His wife glared at me with the rage of a 70 year old woman.

Do not make it comfortable for them. They are the assholes.

by Anonymousreply 154May 12, 2022 1:20 AM

Yet you’re ok with the way the anti-masker berated Patti and disrespected the health and welfare of the audience during a pandemic?

by Anonymousreply 155May 12, 2022 1:22 AM

I am indifferent about masks but also not an asshole- I wear them if asked/ required. This makes me love Patti LuPone.

by Anonymousreply 156May 12, 2022 1:32 AM

[quote] At the last show, some guy next to me also had his mask under his nose. I suggested he raise it, like everyone else in the theater.

So you're one of THOSE people. You're as insufferable as the anti-maskers.

by Anonymousreply 157May 12, 2022 1:34 AM

R158, you are on it THOSE people who buy a ticket that says you will agree to wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose. And then refuse to do so. What the fuck is wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 158May 12, 2022 1:37 AM

Frankly I'm surprised. I've been seeing quite a bit of theatre since September and it seems to me that audiences have been generally quite obedient about masks. Perhaps not consistently.

by Anonymousreply 159May 12, 2022 1:47 AM

This scene must have been equally embarrassing as Kate Hepburn's 40 years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160May 12, 2022 1:54 AM

R152...Tony...I do not think anyone should be bullied. And it escalated to that.

Would Patti LuPone have wanted this to happen to the audience member, as she left the theatre?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161May 12, 2022 2:30 AM

I think just got her Tony Award sewn up now.

I adore- ADORE Patti, and I agree with her 100%. But, I do think she loses control sometimes. I promise you, she regrets it now that the video is out there.

All that said, I love the woman.

by Anonymousreply 162May 12, 2022 2:33 AM

One of these days somebodys gonna sue her old ass for public humiliation.

by Anonymousreply 163May 12, 2022 2:34 AM

That BonniePrinceCharlie poster is deranged. Possibly one of the last surviving patients of Dr. Walter J. Freeman, or a mean case of dementia.

by Anonymousreply 164May 12, 2022 2:44 AM

No lobotomy yet, R164. LOL!!

When it happens, I'll change my moniker to "Rosemary Kennedy."

The back and forth has been fun today.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring here on The DataLounge? Perhaps I'll be given a chance to defend Faye Dunaway on a thread.

by Anonymousreply 165May 12, 2022 2:59 AM

[quote] I agree with her point of view, but I do find her unhinged freakouts aren't funny.

They're not funny.

They're HILARIOUS.

by Anonymousreply 166May 12, 2022 3:07 AM

R161, you’re conflating one well-known person, while physically separate on a different floor, yelling at someone else to a single person being hit and shoved by multiple complete strangers, while surrounded by a hostile crowd of hundreds in a massive arena?

You’ve lost your damn mind and are just grasping at trollish, incomprehensible straws now.

by Anonymousreply 167May 12, 2022 3:10 AM

r107 - he IS funny, but he has much better Patti clips. This Glenn Close one gave me a chuckle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168May 12, 2022 3:38 AM

it's the law...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169May 12, 2022 3:41 AM

I thought she was allowed to kill with just one look?

by Anonymousreply 170May 12, 2022 5:26 AM

[quote]"Imagine having the unmitigated gall to tell arguably the most beloved musical theater actress of all time that you pay her salary," added Twitter user @MajorPhilebrity.

Wait, Angela Lansbury was there too?

by Anonymousreply 171May 12, 2022 5:32 AM

Good fundraiser for next year

BC/EFPL

Broadway Cares/Equity Fights Patti LuPone

by Anonymousreply 172May 12, 2022 5:43 AM

[quote]When people go low, I always try to go high.

You miss out on all the good dick that way.

by Anonymousreply 173May 12, 2022 7:45 AM

Things that would be funny:

1. The unmasked woman stands up and screams back, "Elaine Paige was the better Evita!" (my long-held opinion)

2. The woman turns out to be a major, major benefactor of the theater.

3. Patti gets caught maskless in public in coming days. Then again, who would care?

by Anonymousreply 174May 12, 2022 11:50 AM

R170 - if there was a platinum class W&W category, that post would be admitted. Concise, anchored - the definition of deftly clever.

by Anonymousreply 175May 12, 2022 12:03 PM

All those slamming Patt for being maskless, you have to realize the covid virus stops right when it gets to the stage. It's like a magical wall.

by Anonymousreply 176May 12, 2022 12:37 PM

Apparently being shown up as an idiot several times already wasn't enough for R176

by Anonymousreply 177May 12, 2022 12:47 PM

R167...I'm not being trollish, nor have I lost my mind. And I certainly agree that the Black woman at that rally was in physical danger and the woman in the theatre may not have been.

But LuPone's attitude turned bullying, when she needn't have done so. And I stand by my initial statement that the woman should have worn her mask properly, but it was not LuPone's place to tell her to "Get the fuck out."

by Anonymousreply 178May 12, 2022 12:50 PM

Team Patti.

It’s akin to the maskless loons on a plane and everyone chanting and screaming for their removal.

by Anonymousreply 179May 12, 2022 1:18 PM

Bonnie Prince Charlie: still a trolling moron.

by Anonymousreply 180May 12, 2022 1:47 PM

Bonnie, you’re becoming tiresome and repetitive. As do most people who have given themselves handles on an anonymous discussion board.

by Anonymousreply 181May 12, 2022 1:49 PM

Her talent has always been a given but it always seems to be outdistanced by her raunchy attitude and rudeness.

by Anonymousreply 182May 12, 2022 2:30 PM

when has she slapped someone?

by Anonymousreply 183May 12, 2022 2:38 PM

Who are all the stupid fucks on this thread saying the woman could sue Lupone for "harassment" and "public humiliation"? The woman agreed to abide by the house rules, which include being fully masked, when she purchased the ticket and entered the building. She's the antagonist in this situation and is putting the entire show at risk of closing. Only a bully, narcissistic, MAGAt trash pull stunts like this. The trolls on this thread must really identify with this to defend it.

by Anonymousreply 184May 12, 2022 2:44 PM

cunts will be cunts

by Anonymousreply 185May 12, 2022 2:49 PM

The lip of a proscenium arch creates social distancing.

by Anonymousreply 186May 12, 2022 3:18 PM

"DO UR JOB CUNT!! PERFORM GURLIE!!!

by Anonymousreply 187May 12, 2022 3:21 PM

[quote] Her talent has always been a given but it always seems to be outdistanced by her raunchy attitude and rudeness.

She is the epitome of NYC.

by Anonymousreply 188May 12, 2022 4:45 PM

Patti is such a Karen.

by Anonymousreply 189May 12, 2022 6:14 PM

No, the antimasker is the Karen.

by Anonymousreply 190May 12, 2022 6:38 PM

The mandate requiring masks in Broadway shows ends in two weeks.

by Anonymousreply 191May 12, 2022 10:43 PM

R188 Long Island, more like.

by Anonymousreply 192May 12, 2022 11:18 PM

I know she is tremendously talented - but her ego is just too much for me - I mean, who the fuck are you - just shut up already. what a twat.

by Anonymousreply 193May 12, 2022 11:28 PM

Is she really tremendously talented?

by Anonymousreply 194May 13, 2022 12:09 AM

Actress Deidre Hall has penned an OpEd to counter Patti LuPone

Why I Won't Wear A Face Mask When Broadway Re-Opens By Deidre Hall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195May 13, 2022 12:16 AM

I was on the NYC subway today. I'd say 40% of riders unmasked, black, white, young and old. Assholes!

Kind of gross, imo. It's very little to ask of NYers for awhile with so many children, seniors and those with comorbidities using public transit.

by Anonymousreply 196May 13, 2022 3:00 AM

R194 supernaturally talented. We can debate her manners, but you can't deny her singular talent. It may be that you need to see her live to fully get it, but this video gives a pretty good idea. Best I've EVER seen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197May 13, 2022 3:40 AM

She acts like she grew up in a trailer park.

by Anonymousreply 198May 13, 2022 3:41 AM

[quote]Theater is still a thing?

FOLLIES!

by Anonymousreply 199May 13, 2022 3:51 AM

Was this to destract the audience from her terrible acting?

by Anonymousreply 200May 13, 2022 4:45 AM

Or your terrible spelling.

by Anonymousreply 201May 13, 2022 4:56 AM

Think about it, Broadway is struggling still, and this shrew berates a paying customer. However you feel about masks, you have to wonder what the theater owners thought about that.

by Anonymousreply 202May 13, 2022 3:11 PM

You mean the theater owners who set the rules that the cunt in the audience was breaking?

by Anonymousreply 203May 13, 2022 3:13 PM

R203 They were doing what they had to do in the context of New York City. Don’t pretend anyone likes this shit. Besides, apparently in two weeks the mandate goes away and it will be fine. Pretty arbitrary if you ask me.

I am in LA and I recently went to a play for the first time in a long time. A friends kid was in the show. I didn’t particularly enjoy the play, and was jammed into a stuffy theater, a well-known one mind you, wearing the mask. If they were that serious about it they could have left spaces in between the seats but no. It was suffocating and of course I followed the rules. However if I pulled it down under my nose for a minute just to get some air and Patti fucking LuPone went off on me in such a vicious foulmouthed way, I’d be enraged. What would I have done? Probably walked out, giving the up yours gesture as I left.

by Anonymousreply 204May 13, 2022 3:27 PM

Oh and I would add, I assume everyone was required to show proof of vaccination before they went in? That’s what I had to do in LA, same in New York?

by Anonymousreply 205May 13, 2022 3:33 PM

Really tired of pompous Patti's act.

by Anonymousreply 206May 13, 2022 3:42 PM

This late in life one doesn’t fuck with one’s brand, only enhance it.

by Anonymousreply 207May 13, 2022 3:45 PM

How long will Patti stay with Company after she wins her third Tony on June 12th?

by Anonymousreply 208May 13, 2022 4:14 PM

She's the epitome of a Karen. Sick of her!

by Anonymousreply 209May 13, 2022 4:15 PM

I'm assuming there'll be a Sondheim tribute on the Tony Awards, with his widower sitting in the audience.

by Anonymousreply 210May 13, 2022 4:16 PM

[quote] I am in LA and I recently went to a play for the first time in a long time. A friends kid was in the show. I didn’t particularly enjoy the play, and was jammed into a stuffy theater, a well-known one mind you, wearing the mask. If they were that serious about it they could have left spaces in between the seats but no. It was suffocating and of course I followed the rules. However if I pulled it down under my nose for a minute just to get some air and Patti fucking LuPone went off on me in such a vicious foulmouthed way, I’d be enraged. What would I have done? Probably walked out, giving the up yours gesture as I left.

Sweetie, pulling down your mask "just to get some air" isn't going to change things either way, so get down off the cross. You can breathe just as well wearing a mask as you can without. I've spent upwards of 14 hours non-stop wearing a mask when I travel without once lowering it or removing it and there's no issue. And spare me the "I have asthma" bullshit. It doesn't matter and no you don't.

by Anonymousreply 211May 13, 2022 4:37 PM

LuPone is reversing the trend of audience members attacking people on stage by attacking audience members

by Anonymousreply 212May 13, 2022 5:16 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213May 13, 2022 5:18 PM

The most surprising thing is that they are still masking in NY

by Anonymousreply 214May 13, 2022 5:20 PM

I'm attending an indoor theatrical event tomorrow evening in the Boston area and no proof of vaccination is required and masks are optional.

by Anonymousreply 215May 13, 2022 5:28 PM

R215 And...?

by Anonymousreply 216May 13, 2022 5:30 PM

And . . . you're ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 217May 13, 2022 5:33 PM

So? Boston is full of racists and white cunts.

by Anonymousreply 218May 13, 2022 5:43 PM

R211 So go ahead and strap on six masks at a time, all ding dong day, every day. Knock yourself out, toots. Nobody is stopping you, because nobody gives a shit. But maybe Patti will see your post and think what a good person you are!

by Anonymousreply 219May 13, 2022 6:15 PM

Awww, R219's freedumbs have been questioned!

by Anonymousreply 220May 13, 2022 6:19 PM

R220. Ow! What a comeback. What does that even mean? I mask indoors in crowded situations, am triple vaxxed, follow the rules out of courtesy. I just wouldn’t want some miserable old cow screaming curses at me for the nose thing, not when I paid to be sitting far enough down in front for her to see. She could have offered a polite reprimand/request and that would have sufficed.

by Anonymousreply 221May 13, 2022 6:25 PM

[quote]And spare me the "I have asthma" bullshit. It doesn't matter and no you don't.

As a mild asthmatic, you're wrong. Masking makes breathing unpleasant. Still, I'd rather that than the alternative. But your arrogant dismissal is not true and reflects badly on you.

by Anonymousreply 222May 13, 2022 6:29 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223May 13, 2022 6:31 PM

STOP POSTING THAT, R223.

by Anonymousreply 224May 13, 2022 6:38 PM

The vaccination and mask mandate is on the agreement when you purchase the tickets. If you don't like it or don't want to adhere by the rules, then fine, just stay the fuck home.

by Anonymousreply 225May 13, 2022 6:41 PM

[quote]not when I paid to be sitting far enough down in front for her to see

It was a talkback you dumb fuck

by Anonymousreply 226May 13, 2022 6:41 PM

R226 What difference does that make? And why was Patti herself not wearing a mask? Please explain, in detail.

by Anonymousreply 227May 13, 2022 6:42 PM

[quote] Ow! What a comeback. What does that even mean? I mask indoors in crowded situations, am triple vaxxed, follow the rules out of courtesy. I just wouldn’t want some miserable old cow screaming curses at me for the nose thing, not when I paid to be sitting far enough down in front for her to see. She could have offered a polite reprimand/request and that would have sufficed.

You're either a complete moron or you're being willfully stubborn to try and win your point. (Here's a tip- you're losing.) It's been stated on here (and in the recording) several times that Lupone DID ask her politely more than once. So stop trying to turn the story to your favor and shut the fuck up already. You lost.

by Anonymousreply 228May 13, 2022 6:44 PM

[quote] What difference does that make? And why was Patti herself not wearing a mask? Please explain, in detail.

This has also been explained, troll.

by Anonymousreply 229May 13, 2022 6:45 PM

R227 You really are dumb aren't you? Because everyone who's attending the talkback moves down to the front. And there's every possibility the Karen wasn't even there for the performance and only showed up for the talkback.

And, once again dumb fuck, Broadway actors are tested when they get to the theatre.

by Anonymousreply 230May 13, 2022 6:46 PM

R228 uh…what exactly did I lose now?

by Anonymousreply 231May 13, 2022 6:46 PM

Judging by your posts, a majority of brain cells.

by Anonymousreply 232May 13, 2022 6:48 PM

Bit over the top IMO

by Anonymousreply 233May 13, 2022 6:49 PM

227 or not social distancing as she shrieked

by Anonymousreply 234May 13, 2022 10:03 PM

Does Karen Lu Pone not eat in NYC restaurants?

by Anonymousreply 235May 13, 2022 10:05 PM

Patti is my diva since 1988. She can do no wrong. I agree with what she said, and she was in the right.

That said, I have to admit, this wasn't exactly her finest hour. She clearly lost control, and needs to work on reigning that in.

I forgive her, because she's given me so much joy over the years. And again, the thing she said was right, if not the way she said it.

by Anonymousreply 236May 13, 2022 10:12 PM

Wait, she can do no wrong? But you forgive her, for what? Doing no wrong? Your post raises existential issues r236. Clarify. CLARIFY!

by Anonymousreply 237May 13, 2022 10:23 PM

R236, get off the computer and go take your meds.

by Anonymousreply 238May 13, 2022 10:39 PM

R237 you know what I mean. I hate to admit it, but the WAY she expressed herself- she could have, and should have, done much better. And I feel conflicted about being critical, since I am a fan.

by Anonymousreply 239May 13, 2022 11:18 PM

Is Patti LuPone ever NOT on the verge of flipping out on someone?

by Anonymousreply 240May 14, 2022 4:45 AM

R190 they're both Karens. Fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 241May 14, 2022 5:20 AM

did anyone else on the panel notice or comment or just Karen?

by Anonymousreply 242May 14, 2022 5:23 AM

Unlike the leaked video from Take Me Out, I don't think this is going to increase ticket sales for COMPANY

by Anonymousreply 243May 14, 2022 5:24 AM

I've hated that ugly cunt since the first time I saw her on "Life Goes On".

by Anonymousreply 244May 14, 2022 6:41 AM

Her mouth is bigger than Jesse Williams' dick!

by Anonymousreply 245May 14, 2022 6:44 AM

I'm not an anti-masker, I just can't stand her superiority, my shit don't stink, attitude.

by Anonymousreply 246May 14, 2022 6:51 AM

R243, Ticket sales for Company are anemic.

by Anonymousreply 247May 14, 2022 7:06 AM

When Patti wins her third Tony next month, she'll pay a tearful tribute to Sondheim in her acceptance speech, who once told her to her face that she wasn't a star.

by Anonymousreply 248May 14, 2022 7:08 AM

If Elaine Stritch was still around she would have bashed miss "I pay your salary" on the head with a three liter bottle of 100 proof vodka. Patti was using the kid gloves here.

by Anonymousreply 249May 14, 2022 10:03 AM

Patti is an unhappy miserable OLD cunt.

by Anonymousreply 250May 14, 2022 12:11 PM

Lol. Patti wins again and you miserable old Trumpie cunts can’t stand it. Suffer.

by Anonymousreply 251May 14, 2022 12:39 PM

r251: One cannot post this clip too often!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252May 14, 2022 1:02 PM

This is over the top, even for Patti.

One sentence would have been enough. A long rant is just unhinged

by Anonymousreply 253May 14, 2022 1:18 PM

Tiresome bitch.

by Anonymousreply 254May 14, 2022 1:46 PM

Although it’s a running gag on here that celebs are posting anonymously, I can totally imagine ol’ potty-mouthed Patti on this thread, at her laptop in sweats and reading glasses, furiously typing, upvoting, downvoting, calling people “doll” and “sweetie,” proclaiming “Patti wins again!”

by Anonymousreply 255May 14, 2022 1:52 PM

I am so tired of being told that I have to tip-toe around the anti-maskers, that we won't convince anyone if we are not polite and courteous to them. Why should we? It doesn't work. These people literally do not care that, because of their deliberate actions, they could actually kill people. And that is a characteristic of a sociopath. Start fining them, and/or kicking them out of the venues where they are not following the mask rules. Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 256May 14, 2022 2:03 PM

R251 How did she win, and did you ever consider charging Trump rent for all the time he spends living in your head?

by Anonymousreply 257May 14, 2022 3:14 PM

Hooray for R251! And YIPEEE! for La LuPone who VERY likely has a third Tony in the bizz-ag in June. Cant wait to watch the Tonys on CBS. Wouldn't miss seeing Patti rewarded once again.

As for R250, allow me to help you slink off to the sidelines, I'll pay your fare, give three cheers!

by Anonymousreply 258May 14, 2022 4:27 PM

R256 sounds like so many drivers in NYC. Get Patti on street patrol. And that includes cyclists who pay no attention to traffic lights, lanes, signs or crosswalks!

by Anonymousreply 259May 14, 2022 6:49 PM

Trumpie is a catch all phrase for all you fascists. I’m sure you’d love it if Trump actually mattered. He doesn’t.

by Anonymousreply 260May 14, 2022 7:36 PM

Lupone is a hypocrite, she was not wearing a mask.

This is the elites vs the rest of us. She goes out to dinner, unmasked, she rides in her limo, unmasked. The masks are worn by the driver and the waiter, not the elites.

by Anonymousreply 261May 15, 2022 8:07 AM

I do hope she gets her comeuppance someday.

by Anonymousreply 262May 15, 2022 8:42 AM

Where's the SCIENCE that wearing these masks actually work against spreading a virus? I'm still waiting for the proof.

by Anonymousreply 263May 15, 2022 8:50 AM

[quote] I’m sure you’d love it if Trump actually mattered. He doesn’t.

My EXACT thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 264May 15, 2022 8:54 AM

Masks for the plebs, not the celebs.

by Anonymousreply 265May 15, 2022 8:57 AM

R263 no proof exists.

by Anonymousreply 266May 15, 2022 8:59 AM

[quote]I'm still waiting for the proof.

That's because you're ignorant, and in your world 'doing research' means watching a YouTube video from someone you know agrees with your point of view.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267May 15, 2022 11:39 AM

How much evidence?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268May 16, 2022 3:59 PM

Ah yes, that well respected journal, The Epoch Times.

Embarrassed for you.

by Anonymousreply 269May 16, 2022 4:28 PM

Patti LuPone is so damn ugly she should wear her mask all the time

by Anonymousreply 270May 16, 2022 4:31 PM

R261 the masks protect the elite

by Anonymousreply 271May 16, 2022 4:49 PM

We’re embarrassed for you, you anti science Trumpie nutcase.

by Anonymousreply 272May 16, 2022 4:50 PM

LuPone has a pumpkin head, repulsive lips and a short squat body

by Anonymousreply 273May 16, 2022 4:50 PM

Hey, those repulsive lips are responsible for one of the best theater games : Guess what lyric Patti was trying to sing.

by Anonymousreply 274May 16, 2022 6:22 PM

Actually, the woman was not necessarily an anti-masker, She was in fact wearing a mask but it wasn't covering her nose. Not sure if she was sitting that way the entire time or not.

by Anonymousreply 275May 16, 2022 6:26 PM

Why don’t you go ask for her hand in marriage then, R275? She sounds like exactly your type.

by Anonymousreply 276May 16, 2022 6:28 PM

R276 How now frau cow?🤣😍😂😊😁☺️😛😉 or why not Gov. Newsom who sat maskless in a fancy SF restaurant surrounded by other maskless elites before vaccines existed?

by Anonymousreply 277May 16, 2022 6:50 PM

'We're embarrassed foy you' R272 is that you and your lonely dick?

by Anonymousreply 278May 16, 2022 6:54 PM

R265 Patti is a hippocrite

by Anonymousreply 279May 16, 2022 7:33 PM

Patti should star in a revival of "The Shrike" Joseph Kramm's play about the vengeful wife of a successful theatrical director. BTW a shrike is a songbird with a strong sharply hooked bill, often impaling it prey of small birds, lizards and insects. Sounds tailor made for LuPone.

by Anonymousreply 280May 16, 2022 9:16 PM

I adore Patti. But this is so spot on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281May 16, 2022 9:48 PM

No-one will ever do it like Fat Bob Kelly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282May 16, 2022 10:05 PM

R281 What a difficult song to sing. The whole Evita score, in fact. You do need a real ball buster to carry that show.

by Anonymousreply 283May 16, 2022 10:25 PM

R280, June Allyson, of all people, played the wife in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 284May 16, 2022 10:47 PM

At least someone who can enunciate.

by Anonymousreply 285May 16, 2022 10:49 PM

How did her husband ever put up with her?

“Faster! Faster! What right do you have to go so slow? I’m not paid by you.”

by Anonymousreply 286May 16, 2022 10:59 PM

R284 Never saw the film but in what sounds like a shrew that could have been played by Joan Crawford, Anne Bancroft or Ruth Roman, a couple of reviews thought that Allyson was effective at being passive aggressive rather than outwardly shrewish.

by Anonymousreply 287May 17, 2022 1:33 AM

Patti should have been wearing a mask.

by Anonymousreply 288May 17, 2022 7:42 AM

Everything that comes out of her mouth starts on a 10. And we wouldn't want it any other way.

by Anonymousreply 289May 17, 2022 10:46 AM

You can always retire, Patti, and spare the audiences from your cuntitude.

by Anonymousreply 290May 17, 2022 12:53 PM

[quote]This Covid insanity must end.

This was posted by our long-time anti-trans troll "Clayton," which just once again supports my point that the anti-trans trolls are all-purpose rightwing trolls who post on ALL threads, not just the trans ones. He's not even remotely the only anti-transer who's also a COVID denier.

by Anonymousreply 291May 17, 2022 1:18 PM

remember when the nazis convinced everybpdy to hate those filthy parasitic jews? yeah! history may not repeat but it often rhymes.

by Anonymousreply 292May 17, 2022 2:06 PM

oh yeah and everybody (even if you're gay) with a dissenting/differing opinion is automatically a donald trump supporter and/or an anti-tranny turrrollll. yeah okay. 😂😆😱🤡😁🤪

by Anonymousreply 293May 17, 2022 2:08 PM

It is easier to dismiss someone as a Trump supporter than to come up with an intelligent argument, R293.

by Anonymousreply 294May 17, 2022 3:24 PM

R263, There is none. It was all illuminati global worship symbolic of the takeover. I'm serious about this. It's similar to some devil worship type shit.

by Anonymousreply 295May 17, 2022 7:31 PM

Wow, some QAnon freaks have really taken over certain threads on this site. I really wish they would require a credit card to be able to post, to weed out the alt-right nut cases.

R293 You're saying you're not a Trump supporter? I don't believe that for a SECOND. Loser.

by Anonymousreply 296May 18, 2022 11:04 AM

Anyone who doesn't worship goddess Patti and vigorously defend everything she does ( because she is totally above reproach) is a Trump-supporting MAGA eating scum that doesn't belong on this forum..... no, doesn't deserve to live. There's only ONE way of thinking here and that's whatever Patti wants!!!

by Anonymousreply 297May 18, 2022 11:52 AM

I think a lot of y’all are just kissing up to her now that summer’s coming and it’s going to be a hot one. Y’all want to be invited to the ALW memorial pool!

by Anonymousreply 298May 18, 2022 12:26 PM

She was never talented.

by Anonymousreply 299May 19, 2022 4:48 AM

R297 Fuck off, lowlife.

by Anonymousreply 300May 25, 2022 1:02 PM

Patti’s snatch stinks! Pee-you!

by Anonymousreply 301May 26, 2022 11:26 AM

Isn't there a good chance Patti posted R297?

by Anonymousreply 302May 26, 2022 11:47 AM

Lol, Patti can do no wrong. Box office for Company jumps over 100k in the weeks after her tirade against Trumpies. Suck it, fascists. You’ll never be able to get rid of Patti. NEVAH!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303May 27, 2022 11:52 AM

Define NEVAH?

by Anonymousreply 304May 27, 2022 11:55 AM

If it were in Texas, the patron would have shot Patti... or if they were both riding in the NY subway.

by Anonymousreply 305May 27, 2022 12:24 PM

I miss living in a society where we didn't have to scream at the idiots all the time

by Anonymousreply 306May 27, 2022 1:07 PM

By " idiots" are you referring to the non-masker or Patti? Or both?

by Anonymousreply 307May 27, 2022 2:00 PM

Shut up, Kellyanne.^^^

by Anonymousreply 308May 27, 2022 3:02 PM

Is Patti LuPone descended from a harpy clan?

by Anonymousreply 309May 27, 2022 3:04 PM

Pray for the Company cast if Patti does not win the Tony.

by Anonymousreply 310May 27, 2022 3:22 PM

In the PBS Company documentary when she’s at the makeup mirror she looks strikingly like Laurie Metcalf. They should play sisters in something.

by Anonymousreply 311May 28, 2022 9:37 AM

I love Patti. She's a real Broadway broad. She reminds me of my mother who was another vulgar Sicilian fishwife but who could also be very funny.

But I also love that ATC troll story of "Splatsi Lupone" (someone here amended that to the better "Splatti")

by Anonymousreply 312May 28, 2022 10:36 AM

You mean Splatsy Trombone.

by Anonymousreply 313May 28, 2022 12:33 PM

So she did it for the publicity. Box office $ was so so. Uptight cunt.

by Anonymousreply 314May 28, 2022 12:43 PM

R314 That's an idiotic, and untrue statement.

by Anonymousreply 315May 28, 2022 12:46 PM

Is Patti Danza related to Tony Danza? I love hims

by Anonymousreply 316May 28, 2022 12:48 PM

In a picture in La LuPone's dressing room in the NY Times, you could see taped to her mirror the note that Stephen Sondheim wrote to her shortly before he died.

I've seen her with Seth Rudetsky a few times, and in the Q&A, Seth asked about working with Sondheim. Patti said "I don't think he likes me." He was tough with Patti. But, so was he tough with Elaine, and Bernadette, and Mandy, I'm sure.

It must have meant the WORLD to her that he took the time to write this. Quite a classy gesture on his part.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317May 28, 2022 4:38 PM

Patti, who I very much respect and find amusing in her excess, was no doubt the kind of talent that often needed and benefited from some tough.

by Anonymousreply 318May 28, 2022 4:40 PM

R317, Wouldn't you think Stephen Sondheim would know how to spell enhancing?

by Anonymousreply 319May 28, 2022 4:57 PM

R319 I’m sure he was dictating it to his secretary, blame the cute Twink himbo chorus boy he hired, not Stephen.

by Anonymousreply 320May 28, 2022 8:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!