Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

President Biden and Donald Trump Only Want to Run Against Each Other in 2024

[QUOTE]Biden told aides that he’s more likely to run in 2024 if Trump announces his candidacy. However, Trump also is more likely to commit to a 2024 run if Biden announces a reelection bid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103January 17, 2024 12:06 AM

Perfect time for a true independent, 35 year old to run, someone with cunning, integrity, and can bring these two to their knees in a debate!

by Anonymousreply 1May 8, 2022 1:02 PM

Mutually assured delusion

by Anonymousreply 2May 8, 2022 1:04 PM

So at night they stare at each other's framed pictures and cry?

by Anonymousreply 3May 8, 2022 1:19 PM

These two dementia patients working out their personal mutual vendetta at the expense of the nation.

Great.

by Anonymousreply 4May 8, 2022 1:24 PM

Shouldn’t they both be in care homes by 2024?

by Anonymousreply 5May 8, 2022 1:26 PM

Trump. Won't. Run.

by Anonymousreply 6May 8, 2022 1:27 PM

Neither has dementia, R4.

by Anonymousreply 7May 8, 2022 1:27 PM

Like two claymation dinosaurs battling it out on a Saturday morning cartoon

by Anonymousreply 8May 8, 2022 1:50 PM

Biden is so delusional. He’s shaking hands with imaginary people, has been annihilated in the polls, and can’t figure out if Kamala is VP or the First Lady yet only he can take down Trump.

If he really worried about the harm Trump could cause, he would step down. This is just about the ego of a hungry, sad old man to whom the world is not enough.

by Anonymousreply 9May 8, 2022 2:02 PM

Step down for what, R9? So Kamala can run the country?

by Anonymousreply 10May 8, 2022 2:15 PM

I am so sick of this Biden is senile BS. Anyone that watched the debate or the recent WH Correspondents dinner can tell he is still there mentally. The stutter has always been a thing and doesn’t deter from his mental capacity. If you were filmed 24/7 I’m sure there would be plenty of “gaffs” that strung together could make anyone look out of it.

by Anonymousreply 11May 8, 2022 4:27 PM

R9 BIDEN IS DELUSIONAL?! What a troll. Trump’s the one that couldn’t accept he legitimately lost an election and even now pretends that he’s still the president like a toddler playing make-believe.

by Anonymousreply 12May 8, 2022 4:32 PM

“I alone can fix this!”

by Anonymousreply 13May 8, 2022 4:35 PM

Oh piss off Mary at R9. It’s not delusional or trolling to say that a President with abysmal approval ratings may lose to a former President with a strong base in a country that is becoming increasingly more conservative. Alternatives should be pursued by rational, strategic adults and they will be.

Don’t you worry. You’ll get your marching orders from them soon enough, most likely before you have to engage in any critical thinking or develop a nuanced ideological perspective beyond blinding believing everything is 100 and silencing any dissenters.

You would’ve made a terrific Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 14May 8, 2022 4:52 PM

Mary at R12

by Anonymousreply 15May 8, 2022 4:52 PM

I love Biden. And I think he's doing a damn good job considering all that he's been up against. But the idea of another round of Biden/Trump showdown just feels like the total wrong move. And Biden just doesn't seem to be connecting with anybody except me!

I am not really a third party guy. If the candidate is actually viable as a lefty stand in? All it would do is hurt us. (Just like Perot, a viable right wing stand in, hurt the reps in 92.)

But man, now would be the time for a once in a hundred year candidate to appear, like Athena, fully formed, to swoop in and change our rather depressing American narrative.

by Anonymousreply 16May 8, 2022 5:01 PM

I can’t tell you how glad I and the rest of the world are not to see Donald Trump’s ugly face below the headlines every fucking day, wondering what new madness and chaos he’s causing now. I think every sane individual is still recovering from the four years of constant anxiety caused by that narcissistic sociopath on his crusade to absolute power (don’t like the election result?! It was fake news like everyone else we don’t like). He needs to just die now.

by Anonymousreply 17May 8, 2022 6:11 PM

R11, for me, I don't care what one's political affil. is, when they use the "dementia" line because they're not using it as an actual medical diagnosis, they're using it as an insult, and that infuriates me.

Unfortunately, I know firsthand the hell of dementia and I genuinely hope that those of you who use it as insult, end up with a loved one having the disease because when that loved one looks at you and has no idea who you are or forgets how to eat or to dress themselves, then you'll hate yourself for using that as some cruel way to insult your opponent.

Anyone who knows a person with dementia could only wish to have them have whatever "dementia" you think Trump or Biden has.

by Anonymousreply 18May 8, 2022 6:27 PM

R15, that isn't a "Mary" post when Trump pathetically does in fact have like a child's version of the oval office in FL and his stationary. The man is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 19May 8, 2022 6:32 PM

It's lovely to know that the future of our country may rely on the results of a grudge match.

by Anonymousreply 20May 8, 2022 6:38 PM

R18 Now do Feinstein. She's gotten it worse than any of the men.

[quote]So Kamala can run the country?

Most Vice Presidents do run for President.

by Anonymousreply 21May 8, 2022 6:46 PM

[quote]Biden told aides that he’s more likely to run in 2024 if Trump announces his candidacy. However, Trump also is more likely to commit to a 2024 run if Biden announces a reelection bid.

They're like Chip & Dale:

After YOU!

No, after YOU!

by Anonymousreply 22May 8, 2022 6:50 PM

Biden looks like Pearl from X.

by Anonymousreply 23May 8, 2022 6:53 PM

R21, I think Feinstein needs to step down without question. Her own people are saying she's in decline.

Of course your mental state gets progressively worse as you get older - that's a given. What I loathe is "dementia" being used as a cudgel. It's used out of cruelty by the person using it, not out of actual concern.

by Anonymousreply 24May 8, 2022 6:53 PM

R17, as someone else from the rest of the world I hate both Trump and Biden.

by Anonymousreply 25May 8, 2022 6:55 PM

"Neither has dementia"

In Trump's case it's just plain ordinary drugged-out stupid

by Anonymousreply 26May 8, 2022 7:01 PM

Pissing contest.

by Anonymousreply 27May 8, 2022 7:06 PM

R27 - given their age, it'll be a while before one of them can start.

by Anonymousreply 28May 8, 2022 7:11 PM

Lol!^

by Anonymousreply 29May 8, 2022 7:13 PM

I don't want to watch two old men swinging weakly at each other.

by Anonymousreply 30May 8, 2022 8:46 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 12, 2022 12:15 AM

If it really is about Biden, for Trump. I would say Hillary running again would work the same for him.

by Anonymousreply 32May 12, 2022 12:20 AM

r32 thank god 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑏𝑜𝑑𝑦 remembered me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 12, 2022 12:22 AM

R12 So just like Hillary who still hasn't shut up about 2016?

by Anonymousreply 34May 12, 2022 12:24 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 12, 2022 12:25 AM

r34

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 12, 2022 12:27 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 12, 2022 12:27 AM

Neither will run.

by Anonymousreply 38May 12, 2022 12:39 AM

R38 was probably on here saying the same thing in 2016 and 2020.

by Anonymousreply 39May 12, 2022 2:03 AM

I don’t think Biden can beat Trump this time.

by Anonymousreply 40May 12, 2022 5:23 AM

Can they both not?

I like Joe. I think he's done a fantastic job on Ukraine and a passable job domestically. But if we ever needed an Obama like figure, it's now.

by Anonymousreply 41May 12, 2022 5:26 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 20, 2022 1:16 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 1, 2022 6:58 PM

NO MORE OLD WHITE MEN.

by Anonymousreply 44June 1, 2022 7:03 PM

Why not, R44?

by Anonymousreply 45June 12, 2022 12:28 PM

Biden should phrase it thusly:

I will run for President if Donald Trump is not incarcerated for his crimes against this great nation.

by Anonymousreply 46June 12, 2022 1:33 PM

r1 An independent has zero chances in such a polarised country. The abortion question alone cements the need for the candidate to come from one or the other party. This mythical person who'll unite the people doesn't exist.

by Anonymousreply 47June 12, 2022 1:53 PM

r1 An independent has zero chances in such a polarised country. The abortion question alone cements the need for the candidate to come from one or the other party. This mythical person who'll unite the people doesn't exist.

by Anonymousreply 48June 12, 2022 1:53 PM

Trump now beating Joe in head to head polling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 1, 2022 4:19 PM

Wtf is Biden legitimizing trump? Idiot.

I agree with R46 Biden should say he'd run but Trump would be behind bars, so what's the use... the jokes should write themselves.

by Anonymousreply 50July 1, 2022 6:13 PM

Jesse Ventura didn’t accomplish much as governor of Minnesota. He placed a lot of good judges on the bench, but they’ve since been replaced. He pretty only vetoed. An Independent would only embolden and prolong the hard right and hard left extremism.

by Anonymousreply 51July 1, 2022 6:50 PM

*much only vetoed.

by Anonymousreply 52July 1, 2022 6:50 PM

Ventura was an interesting experiment but it just proved that a Third Party candidate doesn’t get much done.

by Anonymousreply 53July 1, 2022 6:51 PM

Biden has a bigger and better dick and better sperm as well.

by Anonymousreply 54July 1, 2022 6:53 PM

If only Andrew Yang or Tulsi Gabbard would run as Independents! That'll show these establishment types!

by Anonymousreply 55July 1, 2022 7:00 PM

Or any level.^

by Anonymousreply 56July 1, 2022 7:01 PM

The Biden-Turmp scenario will not arise. At some point the DNC will take Joe onto the fake White House television stage across the street from the actual White House and leave him there to play president. He won't notice the difference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57July 1, 2022 11:02 PM

The DNC has an even lower approval rating than Joe, R57.

by Anonymousreply 58July 2, 2022 12:08 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59July 10, 2022 3:48 PM

Fuck. I do not want a redo of 2020.

by Anonymousreply 60July 10, 2022 3:49 PM

Can these two step aside, please? We don't need a deja vu.

by Anonymousreply 61July 10, 2022 3:57 PM

If this were to happen, I hate to say it...but I think trump would win against Biden this time.

by Anonymousreply 62July 10, 2022 3:59 PM

It’s like the Geriatric Dumb and Dumber. Neither are fit for leading a dog on a leash let alone the nation. Step the fuck aside and let people who have working brains and body parts lead.

by Anonymousreply 63July 10, 2022 4:00 PM

trump's ego is a no brainer...but I think Biden's ego is getting in the way here.

by Anonymousreply 64July 10, 2022 4:03 PM

[quote]Use some grace, Joe..

Now is not the time for grace.

[quote]Can these two step aside, please?

For DeSantis or Newsom? No way.

by Anonymousreply 65July 10, 2022 4:44 PM

Hopefully they both die...... Of natural causes.

by Anonymousreply 66July 10, 2022 4:50 PM

New York Magazine is getting exasperated with Joe

Democrats Have a Biden Problem

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67July 11, 2022 12:14 PM

My take on OP's link is that Biden thinks he needs to run if Trump does because there is no other obvious Democrat who could win. He thinks he could because he already has once.

Meanwhile, Biden, like Hillary, is a known quantity to Trump, and based on what he knows Trump believes he can beat him. Trump is not confident to go up against someone his advisers haven't got a thorough handle on before the campaign starts: he's too dumb and he's only getting older. The last thing Trump wants is to enter the campaign if he's not sure he can win it, because for him it's not about the job, it's all about the winning. He'd be far happier playing elder statesman to the Party for the rest of his life than losing two elections in a row. For the same reason, if he does stand and win he'll make sure there is no chance of his losing again.

by Anonymousreply 68July 11, 2022 1:50 PM

Bloomberg: Biden is running again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69August 13, 2022 12:29 AM

[quote] I am so sick of this Biden is senile BS. Anyone that watched the debate or the recent WH Correspondents dinner can tell he is still there mentally.

I agree, but that’s not what matters. If Biden SEEMS weak, if he’s weak in the eyes of our adversaries, it’s a problem.

by Anonymousreply 70August 13, 2022 12:39 AM

Is there no one else? We have to have the same family or the same people running over and over again?

by Anonymousreply 71August 13, 2022 12:45 AM

Well if we hate it so much, R71, then others can run against them and we’ll voice our contempt by voting for another candidate.

by Anonymousreply 72August 13, 2022 12:47 AM

Mighty Joe still beats Trump in head to head polling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 24, 2022 4:34 PM

I hope Joe runs again!

by Anonymousreply 74September 24, 2022 4:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75November 16, 2022 11:32 AM

[quote]The DNC has an even lower approval rating than Joe

And the GOP has the lowest rating of all.

by Anonymousreply 76November 16, 2022 11:43 AM

It pains me to say this, but Trump could beat Biden in 2024. Even though Trump lost the popular vote by 8 million, the number of votes Trump lost by I'm the electoral college (I'm talking about the people who voted for the electors) is shockingly low. Mid five figures, as I recall.

I feel a bit better, as Bannon's plan to get SoSes who would refuse to certify Biden electoral votes was foiled.

Trump may lose too. If the dems are smart, and continue to shove Dobbs up his ass. And, if we can put Trump or Bannon in prison.

I've never at all been a violent person. So it's shocking to me what I think but can't say.

Completely switching topics, this has NOTHING to do with anything. Remember the end of Manchurian Candidate? Angela Landsbury's son had to put a use a gun on her? Because he knew she would destroy this country? Love that scene.

by Anonymousreply 77November 16, 2022 12:07 PM

Pathetic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78November 16, 2022 1:42 PM

The prospect of another Dump presidency will bring Dem voters out IN DROVES.

by Anonymousreply 79November 16, 2022 4:05 PM

r79 Anyone could win against Trump... blue no matter who.

So, Carrot Top?

by Anonymousreply 80November 16, 2022 4:34 PM

Not just anyone, R80. It must be someone suburban voters feel they can trust. It can’t be a wacky leftist.

by Anonymousreply 81November 16, 2022 4:43 PM

Carrot Top is related to Trump by skin color in case you haven't noticed. Both are Orange, Orange, Orange.

by Anonymousreply 82November 18, 2022 4:45 AM

Biden should avoid all debates. He doesn't need them. He has a respectable track record. Trump does not. Biden should just travel, do speeches and town halls.

by Anonymousreply 83November 18, 2022 4:53 AM

Yep, remember the first debate, Trump turned it into a huge 2 hour shit show. No one on either side liked it. And Trump came out looking like the douche he is and it gave Biden a chance to look normal without the cherry picking of clips by FOX to make him look senile. Biden has too much class to call Trump a douche on live TV, but I wish he would have.

by Anonymousreply 84November 18, 2022 5:00 AM

[QUOTE]Yet for all the appearance of tumult in our politics, the past two weeks have also made it entirely clear that the election of 2024 might come down to exactly the same choice as the election of 2020: Biden versus Trump. The American public appears to dread a rematch between its two oldest Presidents, and both of them are viewed unfavorably by a majority of the public. In one survey this fall, just six per cent of voters wanted another Biden-Trump face-off. But that doesn’t mean it won’t happen. It might even be one of the likeliest scenarios.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85November 23, 2022 6:06 PM

[quote]In one survey this fall, just six per cent of voters wanted another Biden-Trump face-off.

This is such a weird way to frame this question. How many wanted the Hillary-Trump faceoff? It doesn't matter how much you like a particular faceoff, you get the faceoff you get. Asking about the candidates' favorability is much more useful.

by Anonymousreply 86November 23, 2022 6:18 PM

Biden vs Trump rematch more likely than ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87April 23, 2023 4:06 PM

Smart, if either of their heart rates exceeds 120bpm, they'll evaporate and EVERYONE wins.

by Anonymousreply 88April 23, 2023 4:09 PM

WaPo poll has Biden losing to Trump by 7 points

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89May 7, 2023 3:40 PM

That amoral sociopath Trump even having a remote chance of winning is insane. You Americans are garbage and if that happens you deserve everything bad that can happen to your disgusting country.

by Anonymousreply 90May 7, 2023 3:46 PM

Who might you have in mind, r1?

Politics at the presidential level is somewhat more than fantasy football. A thousand factors determine who the voters are inclined to support in any given cycle, and once in office any incumbent has a 3-5% + advantage in their re-election odds, plus all the other factors that place people in the two slots to be their party's nominee.

That said, I think Joe Biden has more than acquitted himself as a consequential, progressive and successful President in less than one full term, and Donald Trump has shown how completely destructive, dangerous and unsuitable he is as exhibited by his term.

by Anonymousreply 91May 7, 2023 3:49 PM

Do NOT trust the media!

They are wrong EVERY time and have an overwhelming financial interest in reinstalling Trump to the "horserace" and even the White House!

All we heard was that a Red Wave was coming, and that President Biden was historically unpopular. Well, that didn't happen. Every election is won state by state or even more locally. Joe Biden is the only person standing between us and complete authoritarianism for America. Put your worry beads down and write a check to any liberal Democrat's campaign and fucking vote!

by Anonymousreply 92May 7, 2023 4:02 PM

They're too old for this game

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93May 7, 2023 5:38 PM

Mighty Joe over Trump by 7 points in new poll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94May 17, 2023 8:45 PM

That’s nice. I won’t be voting then.

by Anonymousreply 95May 17, 2023 8:46 PM

Uh oh, trouble for Joe on the horizon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96November 5, 2023 1:13 PM

Biden & his Majorkas will take a huge hit due to illegal migration and border security issues.

by Anonymousreply 97November 5, 2023 1:37 PM

Biden should wear a fakeass Trump wig

by Anonymousreply 98November 5, 2023 1:51 PM

R97, this only seems to be an issue for people who are making it one. That is to say, people who watch Fox News and vote for twice-impeached candidates.

by Anonymousreply 99November 5, 2023 1:54 PM

OP, you sly puss.

by Anonymousreply 100November 5, 2023 1:57 PM

I'm not sure what Republicans think they would be gaining if Turd gets another term. The 78-yr. old will be inheriting a shaky economy and he won't have Jarvanka this time to pilot the ship while he goes golfing. Do they realize that he simply rode the Obama wave of prosperity until Covid hit? Do they rememember all the mistakes, scandals and firing/hirings? And did he make America great again?

They might get rid of LGBTQ rights, build a Mexican wall, hand Ukraine over to Putin and ban abortions- but how do these things really improve their everyday lives?

by Anonymousreply 101November 5, 2023 2:02 PM

It’s a lot more people than that, R99. And many of those people are in the battleground states which will decide the election, so their influence is outsized.

by Anonymousreply 102November 5, 2023 4:20 PM

Half of Republicans don’t want Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103January 17, 2024 12:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!