Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Can everyone admit that Jason Bateman is the asshole hack he’s rumored to be in Hollywood?

The ending of Ozark was nearly an identical ripoff to that of The Sopranos, fucking over the show’s viewers in some lame attempt to be “edgy”. What an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 48November 18, 2023 10:48 AM

He reminds me of Chris O'Donnell, who famously gave an interview saying something ludicrous like, "Everyone used to be a stockbroker".

Maybe in the Twilight Zone, Chris.

by Anonymousreply 1May 3, 2022 1:16 AM

OP, you rude-ass whore!!! I still have three more to go!! Just because you have a temper problem doesn’t mean you have to ruin it for everyone else, does it? I bet you piss off your partner on the daily.

by Anonymousreply 2May 3, 2022 1:17 AM

I CAN admit that Jason Bateman is a CONNOISEUR of cock

by Anonymousreply 3May 3, 2022 1:18 AM

Thanks Fuckface OP, you spoiled it for everyone else.

Cunt

by Anonymousreply 4May 3, 2022 1:20 AM

r2 and r4 I am not OP but that really doesn't give anything away

by Anonymousreply 5May 3, 2022 1:31 AM

Bateman seems smug.

by Anonymousreply 6May 3, 2022 1:31 AM

Oh no, not at all.

“It’s an exact replica of the Sopranos finale.”

Ruined.

by Anonymousreply 7May 3, 2022 1:32 AM

r7 it is not an exact replica at all. I am not going to say more though because I don't want to be the one who spoils it.

by Anonymousreply 8May 3, 2022 1:36 AM

Jason Bateman is funny and cute and relatively normal and no, the ending of Ozark is not like the Sopranos ending except (spoilers) some main characters are dead.

by Anonymousreply 9May 3, 2022 1:38 AM

His wig looks so natural.

by Anonymousreply 10May 3, 2022 1:46 AM

Ruined

by Anonymousreply 11May 3, 2022 1:54 AM

Fuck you OP spoiler asshole.

by Anonymousreply 12May 3, 2022 1:58 AM

OP, I would leave the thread now for your own safety.

by Anonymousreply 13May 3, 2022 2:06 AM

OP’s greatest sin isn’t even the original sin of stating how the ending goes down. He did so much worse because when given an opportunity to own that maybe he typed in haste and was a little thoughtless or inconsiderate, a chance to stay humble and admit that he might have done something tacky (though not on purpose).

OP, you need to work on your humility. I am old enough to know that I am wrong so much more than I am ever right, and I have a theory that we are all like that. Care to share your age, race, education?

by Anonymousreply 14May 3, 2022 2:18 AM

Ruthie dies. Oops!

by Anonymousreply 15May 3, 2022 4:25 AM

I revealed the ending to the final 'Tales of the City' book a few years ago, not really thinking it was a big deal. Only one reply called me out, but I felt like crap for doing it. Never again. I haven't been able to go out alone since, but my bodyguard Stash always looks out for me.

by Anonymousreply 16May 3, 2022 4:34 AM

FF OP

by Anonymousreply 17May 3, 2022 4:44 AM

Bruce Willis was dead throughout the series!

by Anonymousreply 18May 3, 2022 4:48 AM

Rosebud is a sled

by Anonymousreply 19May 3, 2022 4:49 AM

In the series finale, OP dies in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 20May 3, 2022 4:51 AM

OP, Let's "IMPLY" something on an anonymous board so as to create a "RUMOR" about someone who has ZERO history of being an asshole!

Go FUCK yourself and find a new hobby.

by Anonymousreply 21May 3, 2022 5:34 AM

This thread is dead.

by Anonymousreply 22May 3, 2022 5:35 AM

Not at all like the Sopranos. We know exactly what happened.

by Anonymousreply 23May 3, 2022 5:53 AM

I listened to Bateman talk about acting in an interview with Maron once, I think. It was like listening to an accountant talk about spreadsheets, literally not analogously.

by Anonymousreply 24May 3, 2022 6:07 AM

I like that he seems boring and normal. He's cute and a great "straight" comedy player.

by Anonymousreply 25May 3, 2022 7:09 AM

Is Bateman of the Jewish variety?

by Anonymousreply 26May 3, 2022 7:36 AM

His hair looks fantastic. Does he really wear a toupee?

by Anonymousreply 27May 3, 2022 8:05 AM

I like Jason Bateman here as well, normal regular guy still cute intelligent conversational civilized humorous, I always liked him since he was a kid actor, were about the same age, I'm an eternal fan. I have no problem with Jason Bateman. :-)

by Anonymousreply 28May 3, 2022 11:25 AM

I've always thought he was a smug asshole.

by Anonymousreply 29May 3, 2022 11:28 AM

I'm very VERY sorry some of you think I "spoiled" the finale. I promise I didn't, but still. I should have waited. So if you're that sensitive to such things, please forgive me for giving you anxiety and feeling like the ending of a story you're following has been ruined. I really am sorry for that.

My INTENT was to start a thread specific to Bateman himself and how I see him tin acting as if, and receiving praise for being a "brilliant" director, writer, and showrunner. He just isn't. He's smug. I've heard enough interviews with him to realize that. So much of this series mimicked The Sopranos. Not exactly but you can almost see the pacing, some scenes, etc. having come from The Sopranos. The ending itself, the story, the scenes, etc. are nothing at all like that of The Sopranos. My sentiment was that I could see him attempting to bring the same feel to how the story of these people not just ended up but would be set into the viewers' minds. Anyway, clearly, I wasn't very successful at that. So again, sorry folks. No spoilage or harm was intended and I stand rightfully corrected :-(

by Anonymousreply 30May 3, 2022 7:30 PM

Jason Bateman has had one of the best second acts in Hollywood. He's had some great projects, Emmy noms and a win. Meanwhile Ricky Shroder is yelling at people outside Costco. Jason got the last laugh after Shroder's cunt mother had him written off Silver Spoons. Couldn't be happier for him.

by Anonymousreply 31May 5, 2022 12:47 AM

Well, I didn’t watch “The Sopranos”, so OP didn’t spoil it for me.

by Anonymousreply 32May 5, 2022 1:44 AM

I like Jason so didn't read any of the posts.

by Anonymousreply 33May 5, 2022 2:06 AM

he aged better than his sister

by Anonymousreply 34May 5, 2022 2:21 AM

R30, OP, that was a classy post, zero snark. I absolve you of your sin, you are totally free. Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 35May 5, 2022 2:45 AM

I love Jason. Horrible childhood like all child stars .

Watch him in The Gift, on Netflix or Amazon . Brilliant . Watched movie multiple times.

Written and directed by Joel Edgerton. See Wish You Were Here, also written by Joel. One of the most overlooked and under-appreciated actor, writer, director . And very humble. Casting Jason in the Gift was brilliant

by Anonymousreply 36May 5, 2022 3:04 AM

The Gift was an excellent thriller. Forgot about that.

by Anonymousreply 37May 5, 2022 3:19 AM

LOVE The Gift. Totally missed it when it was released but watch it whenever it's on.

by Anonymousreply 38May 5, 2022 3:29 AM

He can’t be that great if he always hangs out with Jennifer Aniston and Jimmy Kimmel.

by Anonymousreply 39August 9, 2022 2:17 AM

I've never seen either show (I guess that's the vast majority of Americans), so am I the asshole?

by Anonymousreply 40August 9, 2022 2:41 AM

He's fine! He sends his love!

by Anonymousreply 41August 9, 2022 2:44 AM

Can someone confirm that Jason Bateman wears a toupee?

by Anonymousreply 42November 18, 2023 5:39 AM

His sister Justine looks ROUGH

by Anonymousreply 43November 18, 2023 5:55 AM

He's so naturally hysterical on Smartless, I don't really care if he's a hack. On the podcast, he's bitingly funny and often is the butt of his own jokes. (I actually was totally indifferent to him until Smartless.)

Also, ripping off The Sopranos seems damn smart to me. Ozark was a very, very entertaining show. Not to mention very well received. So he did and the creative team did something right.

by Anonymousreply 44November 18, 2023 6:03 AM

He worked with Hepburn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45November 18, 2023 7:29 AM

I think Jason Bateman is a superb deadpan actor, having perfected the funny throwaway line delivery.

E.g., his "Yeah, that ship has sailed" in his commercial with Sean Hayes (also naturally funny).

by Anonymousreply 46November 18, 2023 10:28 AM

He looks like a chain smoker.

by Anonymousreply 47November 18, 2023 10:44 AM

Married to Paul Anka’s daughter.

by Anonymousreply 48November 18, 2023 10:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!