Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Frank Langella

What a good actor.

From Dracula to Holmes to Nixon to Lear, Langella has always been a powerful force on the stage or screen.

Langella first appeared in Diary of a Mad Housewife, followed by Mel Brooks' The Twelve Chairs. His big break, however, was in the revival of Dracula. In 1979 a movie followed and launched his film and stage career.

He traveled the world and appearing in such acclaimed plays as The White Devil, Amadeus, The Tempest, Cyrano, and Design for a Living, Fortune's Fool, A Man For All Seasons, The Father, and King Lear.

Another break came in 1993 with Dave alongside Kevin Kline and Sigourney Weaver. Then he was in Cutthroat Island, Lolita, Small Soldiers, Sweet November, Superman Returns, Good Night and Good Luck, The Box, Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps, All Good Things, 5 to 7, Trial of the Chicago 7, and The Ninth Gate.

In 2007, his magnum opus came- Frost/Nixon. The show swept both the Tony and Academy Awards. He was Richard Nixon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 4, 2022 9:08 AM

AND he is a disgusting pig.

by Anonymousreply 1May 2, 2022 4:26 PM

Didn’t he just lose a job due to harassment?

by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2022 4:27 PM

^thanks, Whoopi.

by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2022 4:28 PM

Frost/Nixon did not win any Oscars. It did NOT sweep.

by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2022 4:29 PM

Loves the pole and the hole?

by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2022 4:30 PM

R2 It was not harassment. It was "unacceptable conduct," which could mean anything.

by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2022 4:43 PM

He was in Dracula, Frost/Nixon, The Ninth Gate, Wall Street, but I loved him as King Lear.

by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2022 4:44 PM

R6,Langella was fired at the conclusion of a sexual misconduct investigation. Which could mean a lot of shitty things.

by Anonymousreply 8May 2, 2022 4:46 PM

I saw him in Dracula when I was in High School. Very memorable production, great sets by Edward Gorey — Langella was very good in it, but he does se to be an ass in real life.

by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2022 5:29 PM

R9 I saw that, too! Jeremy Brett was Van Hesling. Phenomenal.

by Anonymousreply 10May 2, 2022 5:45 PM

Whoopi’s got lousy taste in men.

by Anonymousreply 11May 2, 2022 6:18 PM

R11 Ted Danson has good dick energy though

by Anonymousreply 12May 2, 2022 7:29 PM

That old QUEEN 👸 was in an early episode of Star Trek : Deep Space Nine

by Anonymousreply 13May 2, 2022 7:54 PM

Riveting in sorkin's chicago 7

by Anonymousreply 14May 2, 2022 7:58 PM

He was partnered with Whoopi Dog 🐶 Doo?

I guess they bearded 🧔‍♀️ for each other.

by Anonymousreply 15May 2, 2022 7:58 PM

A shame it took Langella until he was late middle age before he did full-frontal in "Lolita". He was gorgeous back around "Diary of a Mad Housewife" and "The Twelve Chairs".

by Anonymousreply 16May 2, 2022 7:59 PM

So it seems his role in "Diary" was not much of a stretch, acting-wise.

by Anonymousreply 17May 2, 2022 8:02 PM

Frank is gay?

by Anonymousreply 18May 2, 2022 8:03 PM

R18- Yes

by Anonymousreply 19May 2, 2022 8:03 PM

Read his book. He’s a huge cunt.

by Anonymousreply 20May 2, 2022 8:05 PM

I adore his nasty little self. He happily fucked half the big names who ever slowed down to walking speed in New York, to hear him tell it. Maybe more than half.

by Anonymousreply 21May 2, 2022 8:23 PM

He was good in The Ninth Gate as the Satan worshipping millionaire who hired Johnny Depp to get the three books.

by Anonymousreply 22May 2, 2022 9:00 PM

Thought he was gay as a goose. In his catty auto bio didn't he confirm he had a ( according to him) a unconsummated love affair with Raul Julia who died of AID's

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 2, 2022 10:26 PM

All I remember of the book was that as a young and gorgeous youth (by his own unabashed admission), all he packed for a weekend with the celebs was a mound of condoms. Maybe a change of jeans, too. And that he became either a lover or confidante or deadly enemy of every grande dame you’ve ever heard of. He made you read a bit more between the lines to get that he was madly fucking men right and left, too, but it was there.

🎶🎶Oh, Frank, we shall not see your like again. 🎶🎶

by Anonymousreply 24May 3, 2022 1:22 AM

R24 Ok, how was it there? Specify

by Anonymousreply 25May 3, 2022 1:36 AM

All I remember in his book was he claimed as a 17yo he danced the Charleston on a tabletop with JFK while only wearing a towel. Obviously a long time ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 3, 2022 1:59 AM

Terrific actor, not such a great guy apparently.

by Anonymousreply 27May 3, 2022 2:03 AM

R23 Raul Julia was straight and died of stomach cancer

by Anonymousreply 28May 3, 2022 3:00 PM

R28, wanna bet? I had him a few times in 1985-1987.

by Anonymousreply 29May 3, 2022 3:05 PM

R28

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 3, 2022 3:10 PM

Fuck you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 31May 3, 2022 3:24 PM

I wish I could R25 but it’s been a couple years since I read it. We may have to chalk it up to wishful thinking on my part.

by Anonymousreply 32May 4, 2022 3:02 AM

R31 is the reason more DL ppl don't start posts. I mean, what is offensive in what OP posted? Just a point of interest to start a discussion. I think R31 should die in a grease fire and also get fucked by a LARGE unhewed log. I am tired of this shit on here. BE NICE, you motherfuckers. No reason for indescrimminent calling out.

by Anonymousreply 33May 4, 2022 9:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!