Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A CNN Special: Larry King on the death of Naomi Judd

Hello to all, particularly our viewers on CNN Plus.

Country music legend Naomi Watts died today of unknown causes, perhaps due to a plane crash or an act of terrorism. During the next hour we'll be hearing from all the Nashtown greats who knew her and her daughter well. Let's start off with the ageless Barbara Eden. What was it like working with Naomi on "Hee Haw"?

by Anonymousreply 25May 1, 2022 10:35 PM

I LOVE YOU OP

by Anonymousreply 1May 1, 2022 2:04 AM

Larry King is a bit before my time, but I like these threads. I wish I could participate.

by Anonymousreply 2May 1, 2022 2:06 AM

These Larry King threads are so tired and unfunny now.😑

by Anonymousreply 3May 1, 2022 2:08 AM

I dug out Larry King”s shut filled diapers out of the trash AND ATE THEM!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4May 1, 2022 2:39 AM

*shit filled diapers

by Anonymousreply 5May 1, 2022 2:39 AM

On the phone we have her nephew Judd Nelson, director of such Hollywood hits as 50 Year Old Virgin along with his wife, some man named Leslie.

by Anonymousreply 6May 1, 2022 2:44 AM

Thanks for watching tonight, we have tragic news that one of Jed Clampett's kinfolk has passed away. We will be going to Hooterville to speak with those that knew her.

by Anonymousreply 7May 1, 2022 2:48 AM

Coming up, Chris Judd- beloved nephew and married to superstar Shakira!

by Anonymousreply 8May 1, 2022 2:51 AM

“Truth or Consequences, New Mexico - Hello.”

by Anonymousreply 9May 1, 2022 3:01 AM

Now we go to comic legend Vicki Lawrence who was Naomi’s mother in law on mama hes crazy. Vicki tell us how Naomi’s daughter Iola is doing?

by Anonymousreply 10May 1, 2022 3:19 AM

Now we have Linda Evangelista to talk about the tragic death of model Naomi Campbell.

Linda, Naomi was said to be "difficult" to work with at times; do you think that was because she was black?

by Anonymousreply 11May 1, 2022 3:28 AM

I'm sorry, my producer is telling me that the subject of tonight's show was a Country Music star not a supermodel...

Now Linda, were her tits really as big as they looked on television?

by Anonymousreply 12May 1, 2022 3:35 AM

Damn R11, I nearly choked on my ice cream sandwich.... Thats hysterical!

by Anonymousreply 13May 1, 2022 3:39 AM

I love you OP

by Anonymousreply 14May 1, 2022 3:45 AM

To take us to break here’s Vicki singing her smash duet with Naomi “the nightlight burned out in Kentucky”

by Anonymousreply 15May 1, 2022 3:49 AM

"On the phone we have her daughter Wynonna, who found success right alongside mom in some great Hollywood movies before cracking up and getting arrested. Wynonna, I'm so sorry for your loss. But I have to ask, were you popping mom's pills when you kidnapped that little Polly girl?

by Anonymousreply 16May 1, 2022 3:56 AM

LARRY: "I have her daughter on the phone--the fat one-- and I have to ask, why?"

WYNONNA: "What?"

LARRY: "Why?"

WYNONNA: "Yes."

LARRY: "Yes, what?"

WYNONNA: "This is Wy."

LARRY: "What is why?"

WYNONNA: "I am."

LARRY: "Why?"

WYNONNA: "Yes?"

by Anonymousreply 17May 1, 2022 4:18 AM

Wynonna, I remember your mother didn't have any tattoos. Did you ever get one, or will you ever get one? How did you feel when Johnny Depp changed the tattoo of your name on his arm to Wino Forever? Did that hurt your feelings?

by Anonymousreply 18May 1, 2022 11:14 AM

Thief Winona Ryder's mother Naomi Campbell of Campbell Soup fame has died by her own hand. Tell me Winona, did you steal your mothers' prozac, is that why she killed herself? Winona's twin sister Ashley Olsen denied our request for comment.

by Anonymousreply 19May 1, 2022 11:29 AM

And we're back with Joan Collins, talking about the passing of one of entertainment's biggest supporters. Joan, Vicki Lawrence is on the line sharing how Naomi was discovered at the local grocery store after her stint as a singing nurse in the circus. Grandma, tell me 'bout the good ole days - HA HA HA! Hold that thought, Vicki, for just a moment.... JOAN! Were you aware of Naomi's involvement with the Harper Valley PTA?

by Anonymousreply 20May 1, 2022 9:24 PM

The Larry King threads make me laugh harder than anything on DL.

by Anonymousreply 21May 1, 2022 10:05 PM

Miss Judd first came to the spotlight when she lived in South London over a Chinese laundromat. We have her stepmother Anna Winter on line one. Hello, Ann? Go ahead, please...

by Anonymousreply 22May 1, 2022 10:12 PM

Louisville, you said you witnessed Naomi ripping a box of Krispy Cremes out of wynonna's hands. Did it seem violent or like my wife rips off my diaper.

by Anonymousreply 23May 1, 2022 10:14 PM

We'll be back in a few moments with more on the tragic death of Judd Hirsch. Becoming a lady late in life, even a really pretty one, isn't for everyone ...

Up next: his co-star from [italic]Petticoat Junction,[/italic] Mary Jo Henning. But first, this word from Fletcher's Castoria, The Good-Tasting Laxative.

by Anonymousreply 24May 1, 2022 10:31 PM

I never forget when James Brown died and various celebs and politicians called into the show. Larry King introduced Al Sharpton as James Brown son. I nearly spit out my tea. I thought King had really gone off the deep end, but come to find out Brown considered Sharpton to be a son and Sharpton was introduced that way on other programs as well during that time period. King was such a treasure of pop culture and great interviewer. Miss him.

by Anonymousreply 25May 1, 2022 10:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!