Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How ghastly! Little Gloria Upson is dead to me.

Joanna Barnes also played the would-be homewrecker in the original Parent Trap. She was 87.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 3, 2022 2:23 PM

No word from Bunny Bixler.

by Anonymousreply 1April 30, 2022 8:53 PM

What about Muriel Puce?

by Anonymousreply 2April 30, 2022 8:54 PM

You practically could write a whole book about what happened to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 30, 2022 9:00 PM

Somebody stepped on her ping-pong ball. Just smashed it to bits.

by Anonymousreply 4April 30, 2022 9:55 PM

Gloria Upson and that scheming Vicki Robinson from The Parent Trap are the same actress?!

I. Had. No. Idea!

Not that is range and I've always been glad that she got submarined on that camping trip with Mitch, the twins and ranch hand (Heck? Huck? What was his name?)

by Anonymousreply 5April 30, 2022 10:07 PM

She’s a fairly regular panelist on the syndicated WML episodes that air on BuzzR TV. She was beyond thrilled when the mystery guests were her hometown Boston childhood idols, Bob and Ray.

by Anonymousreply 6April 30, 2022 10:11 PM

In July 1960, Barnes was dropped from the Boston Social Register for having become an actress.

by Anonymousreply 7May 1, 2022 3:28 AM

Beverly Hillbillies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 1, 2022 4:45 AM

It's simply ghastly!

by Anonymousreply 9May 1, 2022 5:01 PM

"Books are awfully decorative, don't you think?"

by Anonymousreply 10May 1, 2022 5:23 PM

Try searching before posting an identical thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 1, 2022 5:28 PM

R11 A search on "Barnes" brings up this thread and only this thread with the default search options. Who's going to search "Upson"?

by Anonymousreply 12May 1, 2022 5:32 PM

"Then give your sister her share of this!"

I was a little gayling and remember GASPING when Vickie slapped one of the twins.

I think the cowboy friend was named Hecky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 2, 2022 7:44 AM

As a gayling, I used to watch her host Dateline: Hollywood every morning during the summer months.

I remember that morning in 1967 when gossip correspondent Rona Barrett announced the death of Jayne Mansfield.

by Anonymousreply 14May 2, 2022 7:52 AM

The Parent Trap is shocking by today's standards because it normalizes domestic violence.

by Anonymousreply 15May 2, 2022 1:37 PM

Oh, thank you ultra-woke for contributing at R15. It's so true... every young woman who watched the original Parent Trap learned how to form a fist so you could punch your ex-husband in the eye and look really sexy when doing it. Of course the other message sent was, when planning to become an evil step-mother it's best to tolerate the scheming brats until after you've got the gold band on your finger before you start smacking them around or sending them off to boarding school.

That Walt, there's always a lesson to be taught!

The Parent Trap is shocking by today's standards for how effortlessly sexy and comfortable with himself a man can be at 45. Oh the fantasy of how good the sex was between Mitch and Maggie!

by Anonymousreply 16May 2, 2022 8:06 PM

R16, I'm surprised Walt was okay with the scene where Brian Keith discovers Maureen O'Hara's bra in the bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 17May 3, 2022 1:25 AM

The Aryan from Darien!

by Anonymousreply 18May 3, 2022 1:47 AM

Brian Keith and Maureen O’Hara had amazing romantic chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 19May 3, 2022 6:43 AM

Little Gloria’s Happy at Last.

by Anonymousreply 20May 3, 2022 2:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!