Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How's the weather?

In these parts, it seems we're up for another unusual season... it's really messed my planting schedule up. And it's not doing much for my health either but it frees up my time to spend with the rest of you.

So, how's the weather and how are you dealing with it this season?

by Anonymousreply 28March 16, 2024 11:46 AM

Western PA: It snowed last week, was in the 80's this week and we will have a high of 38° on Wed.

by Anonymousreply 1April 24, 2022 12:57 PM

"it's really messed my planting schedule up"

Are you a farmer?

by Anonymousreply 2April 24, 2022 1:03 PM

Coastal Georgia. We just got through our usual cold snap we always have around Easter. I actually had to turn on the heat a couple mornings last week. The nights are still cool (low 50s) and the days are heating up into the low 80s. We're projected to get into the upper 80s mid next week.

Heading out to the plant nurseries today to look at vegetable plants and bulbs. Can't wait to start digging into the ground.

by Anonymousreply 3April 24, 2022 1:07 PM

I’m near Kolkata, in West Bengal, India right now. It’s pretty fuckin’ hot—too hot to eat, even. And dirty in this steel town.

I had some papaya ready for the wandering cows but they didn’t even come by today.

I just sweat, and it’s humid here, so the sweat never evaporates. I may as well be covered in crisco. And when the hot, dusty wind blows, the dust sticks and I’m as good as a greased and floured cake pan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 24, 2022 1:08 PM

Better way to make your inquiry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 24, 2022 1:12 PM

[QUOTE] In these parts, it seems we're up for another unusual season

Oh gosh, it must be global warming then.

by Anonymousreply 6April 24, 2022 2:12 PM

I hate hot 😡 I'm glad it's getting cold again this week

by Anonymousreply 7April 24, 2022 3:23 PM

It's raining men! Every specimen!

Tall, blonde, dark and lean

Rough and tough and strong and mean

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 24, 2022 3:40 PM

r2 not in the commercial sense. Aside from our own stock, we have a few acres to supplement a local foodbank and just for kicks, run a bit of an experimental farm project with seedbanks (and sometimes related materials) from around the world. . . which allows for an additional side hustle with offering the occasional class or two, leasing plots and selling starter plants.

by Anonymousreply 9April 24, 2022 3:43 PM

70’s

by Anonymousreply 10April 24, 2022 3:43 PM

If this summer will be like anything last year which was bad IMO then I'm not looking forward to it.

And then there canceling daylight savings too.. Ugh...

by Anonymousreply 11April 24, 2022 3:49 PM

107 near Kolkata.

by Anonymousreply 12April 25, 2022 8:05 AM

22°C today. Finally somewhat warm! Before the shit weather will continue next week. Oh well... just gonna enjoy this lovely weather while it lasts. Was out in the sun for like 6 hours today. Even got a little red. Went for a swim. Water was very cold at 17°C. Still glad I jumped in though, first time this year.

by Anonymousreply 13June 4, 2022 7:02 PM

[quote]Norwegian

I knew you'd be here!

Hope you're well.

by Anonymousreply 14June 4, 2022 7:55 PM

22°C and sunny on this Whitsunday. Not a single cloud in the sky. Almost too hot! Hoping for a slight breeze.

by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2022 10:35 AM

It's fucking snowing. I woke up to fucking snow. It's almost April. I feel sick. I want spring ffs!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 16March 26, 2023 7:02 AM

My chayote nearly got assasinated, but it survived. Avocado tree didn’t make it.

by Anonymousreply 17March 26, 2023 7:11 AM

Bay Area here, sunny, windy & cold (50s) the last few days. Nights are about 38.

Tuesday we have another atmospheric river coming in, it’ll be the 14th or 15th this season. Usually we only get 1 or 2.

The Sierras have so much snow (285%+ of normal) they’re extending the ski season through July 4th!

And to think this winter was a La Niña, with rain predicted to be less than normal. Next winter is a possible El Niño, with much more rain than normal (possibly).

by Anonymousreply 18March 26, 2023 7:47 AM

It's fucking snowing again. We're in April ffs!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 19April 6, 2023 7:52 AM

We had a warm spell in late February - early March just long enough for the trees and flowers to start blooming. Then we had a hard freeze for a week, which killed all of that. So I'm expecting a chintzy spring floral season. Bummer.

by Anonymousreply 20April 6, 2023 5:45 PM

Spring is yet to spring here in the inland pacific northwest. Other than crocus and snow drops most plants are still dormant. A few brave forsythia bushes are blooming. But I'm going out this morning to plant blue pansies by my yellow daffodils which are all showing foliage now. I hope they stored enough food last spring to rebloom. I think the blue pansies will look nice next to them, plus will hide the withering foliage until summer annuals are big enough to bloom. I also bought some primroses, iberis, and aubrietas in the store. Even if we get some more cold here, they should survive it. Record cold temps for this time of the year are in the mid-20s which all of these plants can tolerate.

by Anonymousreply 21April 6, 2023 6:25 PM

It's nice weather! Fairly warm too! For the first time in many, many months. I'm so happy I want to cry. My seasonal depression is gone. I have been so depressed but I was actually happy today! It's sunny, a few clouds and 16 degrees C. It might not sound like a lot, but it was 6 degrees just a few days ago. 16 degrees is decent in April.

by Anonymousreply 22April 17, 2023 2:30 PM

Here in Deploraville, I have my tomatoes planted and green beans just planted yesterday, peppers will wait another couple weeks. I need green onions and probably a few plants of okra for the old man.

by Anonymousreply 23April 17, 2023 2:33 PM

It was 81 Friday and Saturday. It's 34 this morning with snow – the ground's too warm for most of it to stick but theres's a smattering on my lawn and flower beds. Just in time for my mulch delivery this morning.

by Anonymousreply 24April 17, 2023 2:35 PM

I'm in Atlanta. It's beautiful but seems colder than usual for mid-April. It's going to be in the 40s tonight and next week.

So I am holding off on putting the flowering bushes in pots on the balcony for at least another week.

by Anonymousreply 25April 17, 2023 2:38 PM

It was 80 degrees Saturday and it snowed today Monday, it sucks.

by Anonymousreply 26April 17, 2023 2:40 PM

R26 Where are you located?

by Anonymousreply 27April 17, 2023 2:43 PM

Currently snowing here in Norway. I'm sick of the snow. It's been a very long and cold winter. I want spring! I want warmer weather.

by Anonymousreply 28March 16, 2024 11:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!