Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Faye Dunaway in Sunset Boulevard

How do you think she would've been as Norma?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 21, 2022 9:06 PM

She should have been given the chance. She can't have been that bad.

by Anonymousreply 1April 20, 2022 6:11 PM

I said I didn't want to discuss this Andrew Lloyd Webber stupidity, and you all keep bringing up this Andrew Lloyd Webber stupidity! It's like an obsession... why can't you be obsessed with positive things?

by Anonymousreply 2April 20, 2022 6:23 PM

I don't see how it could have been campier then Mommie Dearest, but if there was a way Faye would have found it

by Anonymousreply 3April 20, 2022 6:39 PM

There’s an audio out there from one of her ‘vocal lessons.’ I’ve heard it. She can’t sing. She makes Glenn sound like Bubbles Sills. I don’t know what they were thinking. But I’m sure she would have acted the hell out of it.

by Anonymousreply 4April 20, 2022 6:50 PM

Has Rex Smith (her leading man) ever commented?

by Anonymousreply 5April 20, 2022 7:07 PM

Can she sing? Don’t think so.

by Anonymousreply 6April 20, 2022 7:11 PM

I believe she was in a Kusturica musical that was the hit of Cannes and all Europe.

by Anonymousreply 7April 20, 2022 7:13 PM

She must have shown some potential at the audition if they hired her.

The ticket sales weren't great post-Close and ALW didn't want the show to flop in LA prior to its Bway opening so Faye got blamed.

Why close it otherwise? Fire her and hire someone else. Diahann Carroll was chomping at the bit for the role (and eventually got Toronto w/Rex Smith.)

by Anonymousreply 8April 20, 2022 7:16 PM

Pity Faye never got to make her version of Masterclass, some people on here said she was really effective in the stage show.

by Anonymousreply 9April 20, 2022 7:20 PM

M was going to do Master Class for HBO but when Mike Nichols died so did the project.

by Anonymousreply 10April 20, 2022 11:16 PM

Shoulda just been Patti, in London and in New York.

by Anonymousreply 11April 20, 2022 11:18 PM

Patti was terrible in the role.

by Anonymousreply 12April 20, 2022 11:19 PM

R10 Streep lost a lot of weight for that role. They could have found another Director as it was almost ready to shoot but Meryl said her heart was no longer in it.

Wonder how Faye felt about them doing her pet project she sank a load of money into...?

by Anonymousreply 13April 21, 2022 8:25 PM

I have never lost heart. It's simply unprofessional.

by Anonymousreply 14April 21, 2022 8:29 PM

If M had made this she would have competed against Jessica Lange and Frances McDormand at the 2015 Emmys. I think she could well have won her 4th..

by Anonymousreply 15April 21, 2022 9:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!