Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Neve Campbell's career.

I understand she didn't want to be huge star and booked smaller, more passionate projects post-Scream 3.

However, these days, she's not doing anything interesting. Thankless roles in middle-of-the-road projects and a glorified cameo in Scream 5.

I guess it's just all about money for her now?

by Anonymousreply 85September 17, 2022 2:25 AM

Did you see Scream 5? It wasn’t just a cameo.

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2022 8:45 PM

She had more than a glorified cameo in Scream 5.

She’s second lead on the Lincoln Lawyer series adaptation for Netflix, debuting next month. That might be good.

I think she’s a thornier, more interesting actress as she gets older, and she looks fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2022 8:45 PM

She’s not a fame whore and seems to prioritize her husband and kids these days. I think she’s a good actress and I’ve always liked her.

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2022 8:49 PM

She does look great, quite a contrast seeing her side by side with courteney Cox in scream 5 (which is utter dreck).

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2022 8:53 PM

Judging by the trailer, her role in Lincoln Lawyer looks like yet another thankless role.

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2022 8:54 PM

She looked bored in Scream 5 (and I don't give a shit if that was the point). They could have really milked the "coming back to Woodsboro to avenge Dewey" subplot. There was no emotion or excitement.

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2022 8:58 PM

The House of Cards stint had potential, but didn’t really go anywhere. I don’t remember if that was tied to Spacey leaving or not? She should mirror her career on Linda Cardellini, she seems to make wise choices and picks great projects.

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2022 9:26 PM

I think Neve had a stalker after doing Scream and sadly i also have a feeling she was one of Harvey's victims.

by Anonymousreply 8April 16, 2022 8:20 AM

Neve Campbell made one TV movie for Lifetime or Hallmark as the first in a potential series. She played an ex/shunned Amish woman turned police detective. I enjoyed it for what it was.

by Anonymousreply 9April 16, 2022 8:23 AM

John Cusack

by Anonymousreply 10April 16, 2022 10:56 AM

She is very ugly.

by Anonymousreply 11April 16, 2022 11:05 AM

She's not a "Hollywood girl" but she's not above paycheck gigs and cozying up to monsters and phonies. I don't know if she slept with Harvey Weinstein, but certainly did business with a guy she knew was bad to the bone. Some people defend these non-LA types by claiming they're out of the loop, but if any Tom, Dick and Harry on Datalounge knows about Harvey, Spacey, Singer, etc. you can bet your ass everyone in the industry is aware. They might not know every detail, but certainly enough to do something about it if they any morals (but most people in the industry don't). It's more about art, fame and money. Most people ignore this, though. They engage in make-believe that these people have morals and principles. I think even some celebrities fool themselves into thinking this as well.

by Anonymousreply 12May 1, 2022 6:54 AM

She worked on a film directed by that sleazeball James Toback and she was nude in the film. Always wondered if he harassed her.

She did look bored in Scream 5 but she still looks good. She played Dwyane Johnson's wife in Skyscraper a few years ago so she can still be cast in Hollywood blockbusters.

by Anonymousreply 13May 1, 2022 7:16 AM

Someone fucking tell me what Neve Campbell sounds like!

by Anonymousreply 14May 1, 2022 7:34 AM

She was in an emotionally abusive relationship with John cusack for several years and he was a big reason she stopped working. He did not want her working/overshadowing him.

by Anonymousreply 15May 1, 2022 7:46 AM

Cusack sadly sounds like a giant douchebag.

Too bad I like some of his films.

by Anonymousreply 16May 1, 2022 7:49 AM

Well thankfully Cusack is now doing mostly shitty B-movies.

He's overshadowed by shit.

by Anonymousreply 17May 1, 2022 7:52 AM

Scream 5 was so freakin bad. Lifetime TV material.

by Anonymousreply 18May 1, 2022 7:53 AM

She's never been my favorite. I prefer her brother Christian, in "Trick".

by Anonymousreply 19May 1, 2022 8:13 AM

R17 Because he's ugly as fuck and you can tell he's a creep now.

by Anonymousreply 20May 1, 2022 8:18 AM

John Cusack? I thought she went out with Matthew Perry.

by Anonymousreply 21May 1, 2022 8:18 AM

I took a meeting with her manager many years ago. The manager was nice and wanted to rep me but she wanted commission on a current project I had already booked without her. Also- remember Neve’s brother and the movie “Trick”? Where are the fun indies like that nowadays?

by Anonymousreply 22May 1, 2022 8:23 AM

The guy from Trick is Neve Campbell’s brother??? Wild.

by Anonymousreply 23May 1, 2022 11:51 AM

Neve Campbell is one of our most treasured actresses of the “Sweaters Acting Generation,” and the only one of the “Trinity”with a double name alongside her luminous cohorts Jennifer Love Hewitt and Amy Jo Johnson.

by Anonymousreply 24May 1, 2022 12:11 PM

At one point (early 2000s?) she'd bought a project to star in a bio pic about Louise Brooks, which would have been cool. But years later, when nothing had emerged, I googled and read something to the effect that the rights had reverted back because she hadn't done anything with it. Why not?

by Anonymousreply 25May 1, 2022 12:16 PM

R25 Do you know how many Hollywood projects fail before getting out of the gate? It’s right up there with restaurants making it to their second year.

by Anonymousreply 26May 1, 2022 12:19 PM

[Quote] Scream 5 was so freakin bad. Lifetime TV material.

Can't have been worse than the MTV show.

[Quote] name alongside her luminous cohorts Jennifer Love Hewitt and Amy Jo Johnson.

Amy hasn't done too bad for a power ranger. I don't know if she's still acting but i saw she recently directed an episode of Superman & Lois.

by Anonymousreply 27May 1, 2022 1:18 PM

Neve's Bugs Bunny veneers were her undoing.

by Anonymousreply 28May 1, 2022 2:18 PM

I saw the newest Scream and I thought her and Courtney were terrible. It was very obvious that they're not "real actors" just former stars.

by Anonymousreply 29May 1, 2022 9:45 PM

I thought SHE…

by Anonymousreply 30May 2, 2022 12:02 AM

Matthew perry was with actress Lizzy Caplan

by Anonymousreply 31May 2, 2022 3:25 AM

Oh never mind - neve Campbell did date Matthew perry briefly from Feb to June 1998. Neve started dating John cusack immediately after from September 98 to 2002. That is when he career came to a halt. Perry and Caplan dated from 2006 to 2012.

by Anonymousreply 32May 2, 2022 3:30 AM

I could get HERPES listening to that story!

by Anonymousreply 33May 2, 2022 3:32 AM

In recent interviews and convention appearances, she doesn't remember anything about the Scream movies and seems ignorant about everything. It's either a put-on to avoid any controversy about her life, career, basically anything or she has mental issues.

by Anonymousreply 34May 20, 2022 2:13 PM

She took that movie with Dermot Mulroney just to stare at his swinging dong.

by Anonymousreply 35May 20, 2022 2:19 PM

[quote] In recent interviews and convention appearances, she doesn't remember anything about the Scream movies

Um, that's my thing.

by Anonymousreply 36May 20, 2022 2:20 PM

R15 my pet theory is that it's always bothered John that Joan is the more talented sibling. So he can't stand any woman doing better than him.

by Anonymousreply 37May 20, 2022 2:24 PM

[quote] I think Neve had a stalker after doing Scream and sadly i also have a feeling she was one of Harvey's victims.

I have always wondered if she was one of his victims.

by Anonymousreply 38May 20, 2022 2:26 PM

[quote] Neve Campbell made one TV movie for Lifetime or Hallmark as the first in a potential series. She played an ex/shunned Amish woman turned police detective. I enjoyed it for what it was.

I remember that one. It was a decent production and her brother Christian was also in it. He looked kind of hot with his Amish beard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 20, 2022 2:30 PM

R24 heyyyyy, that's meeeaaann.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 20, 2022 2:45 PM

[quote]r22 I read something to the effect that the rights had reverted back because she hadn't done anything with it. Why not?

Unfathomable.

by Anonymousreply 41May 20, 2022 2:52 PM

Never is ugly now.

by Anonymousreply 42May 20, 2022 2:52 PM

R34 or she thinks of acting as a job and doesn’t sit at home watching her own films on repeat to appease freaks at conventions

by Anonymousreply 43May 20, 2022 2:57 PM

I thought Neve was the type to to see acting as more than a job. But I guess the term "job" means different things to different people.

by Anonymousreply 44May 20, 2022 9:24 PM

I've always found her to be an underappreciated actress a lot like Jamie Lee Curtis. They make acting in horror films look so easy and effortless and you don't really pick up on how good they are in those movies until you see one with some really lousy acting. Fear isn't easy for a lot of actors to pull off which is why most horror films are known for their bad acting. The ones who can pull it off rightfully go on to be known as scream queens or scream kings.

There's a quiet strength mixed with an appealing vulnerability that's a rare combo and all the great horror actors need that. You have to believe they have what it takes to win deep within them, but they have to be vulnerable enough to question if they'll survive long enough to show what they're made of.

by Anonymousreply 45May 20, 2022 9:35 PM

Speaking of JLC and Neve

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 20, 2022 10:12 PM

I get her confused with Amanda Peet. One of them had a bit in Mad Men, yes? I remember a scene where she was seatmates with Don Draper.

by Anonymousreply 47May 20, 2022 10:49 PM

Neve was on Mad Men.

I agree she is a terrific scream queen but she seemed like she was phoning it in for Scream 5. I don’t really blame her though. The script didn’t integrate her well into the story.

by Anonymousreply 48May 20, 2022 11:45 PM

This is what worries me about Scream 6. How are they going to find a realistic way to bring Sidney back? They were pushing it the last time. With Gale, she'll show up to the opening of an envelope if there's a good story for her to get the scoop on, so she's the easiest one to bring back in, but Sidney's going to be tough to bring back. They should let her rest and bring her back in another movie.

by Anonymousreply 49May 20, 2022 11:53 PM

R34 She probably hates and looks down on the horror genre even though it made her famous. Jamie Lee Curtis and Linda Blair and others are the same though Jamie at least pretends to occasionally appreciate her horror catalogue (at least when she's out shilling her latest one).

by Anonymousreply 50May 20, 2022 11:55 PM

Never Campbell's career.

by Anonymousreply 51May 20, 2022 11:57 PM

She was very bland. I liked her in the Scream movies, but unlike JLC (a fabulous comedic actress) she doesn't have any oomph. She was good as Sidney for this reason. Total girl next door that's easy to overshadow. Fairuza Balk and Denise Richards (somehow!) are the ones remembered from her other major movies. Though I personally remember Matt Dillon and Kevin Bacon much more fondly from Wild Things...

Also, Jennifer Love Hewitt might be one of the ugliest celebrities to ever be marketed as a sex symbol. I get she's busty, but Christ, many actually good looking women are!

by Anonymousreply 52May 21, 2022 12:00 AM

In the past few years, she hasn't given up many opportunities to attend a horror con. It's probably very lucrative. Jamie Lee Curtis has only done one of those to date.

by Anonymousreply 53May 21, 2022 12:25 AM

R53 my friend was working at Texas Frightmare in Dallas last month. She said Neve's autograph line was maxed out by 10a every day.

JLC did one convention around 2017(?) and gave all the proceeds to a children's charity.

by Anonymousreply 54May 21, 2022 12:54 AM

I can see why Neve does them. They are lucrative, easy money and I'm sure she's got handlers to keep tabs on the crazies and to keep things moving along. She is definitely in the position of "the convention needs me more than I need them" so she can probably command good money.

I agree with you r49. The first time we see Sidney in Scream 5 she's full-fledged Mommy frau so I thought the film might follow up with Sidney and her kids in danger. Sidney just showing up really doesn't make sense. You're right, Gale just showing up does make sense because she's always about the story.

by Anonymousreply 55May 21, 2022 1:50 AM

Neve and Jennifer Love Hewitt have similar acting styles. In dramatic moments, they look off to the side a lot, voice on the verge of breaking. I think they've been doing it since Party of Five.

by Anonymousreply 56May 21, 2022 3:05 AM

I always wondered if she secretly envied the rack on Jennifer Love Huge-Tits?

by Anonymousreply 57May 21, 2022 3:09 AM

R38 Skeet said he knew some of Harvey's victims but didn't name any of them.

R52 really? This is ugly to you? JLH was cute in the 90s and good at playing bitchy characters, like in Heartbreakers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 21, 2022 10:51 AM

I think shooting Scream 5 was an unpleasant experience for the legacy cast. They no longer had Wes, which must’ve been painful. Then showing up on the set to a very inferior production with a shitty script, cheap sets, and a bad cast. You can see it in their phoned in performances and the lukewarm praise they offered during the press tour.

The Weinsteins may have been monsters but they put their all into those Scream movies and you can see it. Aside from Scream 3, the quality level on all four original films is pretty high. And Scream 3 is still better than most sequels.

by Anonymousreply 59May 21, 2022 11:13 AM

JLH isn't ugly, she's plain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60May 21, 2022 11:16 AM

Hot body, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 21, 2022 11:16 AM

Say what you want about Scream 3, but at least it felt like it had a reason to exist. Jennifer, Gale and Dewey were a riot. And it completed Sidney's arc.

4 and 5 are just cash-ins. I Think they could have a lot of fun with this series, but they always play it safe.

by Anonymousreply 62May 21, 2022 12:36 PM

The original plan for Scream 4, 5, and 6 was to have the Emma Roberts character survive the massacre and deal with copycat Ghostfaces and people who knew her secret. That was kind of the perfect next step for Scream to take, to have the new Sidney be the main killer.

It would have provided a more justifiable reason to continue the season than Billy’s daughter. I do think they are going to make her Ghostface eventually but the character/actress sucks and Jill would’ve made for a vastly more entertaining anti hero.

by Anonymousreply 63May 21, 2022 12:47 PM

[quote] JLH was cute in the 90s and good at playing bitchy characters, like in Heartbreakers.

I loved that movie. It was underrated black comedy imo. Sigourney Weaver and JLH were great playing mother and daughter.

by Anonymousreply 64May 21, 2022 1:44 PM

Damn, Jennifer Love Huge Tits has some Huge Hips!

by Anonymousreply 65May 21, 2022 1:54 PM

My body is a wonderland according to my ex John Mayer.

by Anonymousreply 66May 21, 2022 1:58 PM

La Guitara!

by Anonymousreply 67May 21, 2022 1:59 PM

The most recent Scream was so cheap looking and scare-free. Neve emerged unscathed though. But the Benetton ad casting of the teens was lame. And the lead actress was like a horrible Kardashian. Clearly cast only because… Latinx. Woke Hollywood is killing itself one woke decision at a time.

by Anonymousreply 68May 21, 2022 2:07 PM

Jenna was fine. The actress who played her sister was godawful, void of any charisma. I didn't care about her family heritage. I didn't care about her. I wondered why Jack Quaid's character would even be interested in her. It was easy to figure out the villain and there were no scares.

by Anonymousreply 69May 22, 2022 1:54 AM

[quote]r45 I've always found her to be an underappreciated actress, a lot like Jamie Lee Curtis.

Oh god, here we go - -

by Anonymousreply 70May 22, 2022 3:20 AM

I heard Jenna's good in X. Maybe Neve should do a movie with Ti West.

by Anonymousreply 71May 22, 2022 5:44 AM

Scream 5 made some of the same mistakes 4 made, but corrected others. I think Jenna is the new Jill and secret mastermind.

by Anonymousreply 72May 22, 2022 1:00 PM

[quote] I guess it's just all about money for her now?

Probably. It's not like she's ever gotten Tom Cruise paydays so she has to put food on the table somehow.

by Anonymousreply 73May 22, 2022 1:03 PM

Never got her appeal, she comes across as asexual.

Do straight men and lesbians find her sexy?

by Anonymousreply 74May 22, 2022 1:54 PM

[quote]But the Benetton ad casting of the teens was lame…Clearly cast only because… Latinx. Woke Hollywood is killing itself one woke decision at a time.

Oh, brother. The cast could have been composed entirely of White McWhitersons and it still would have sucked. You anti-wokes are just as fervent adherents of your religion as any wokie.

by Anonymousreply 75May 22, 2022 2:46 PM

I'm still not sure if the lead in the last Scream was due to poor acting or bad writing. It was so hard to connect with her at all. The sister was much more interesting. I'm hoping they pull a Psycho and kill off the lead midway through the next one and let the sister take over.

by Anonymousreply 76May 22, 2022 4:53 PM

The show was an aborted fetus

by Anonymousreply 77May 22, 2022 4:54 PM

The only surprising, subversive thing about Scream 5 was that the opening victim (the sister) didn't get killed. I thought she was the best of the new characters.

by Anonymousreply 78May 22, 2022 5:09 PM

Both sisters were horrible and charisma free.

by Anonymousreply 79May 22, 2022 5:49 PM

R77 it's MTV, what did you expect??

by Anonymousreply 80May 23, 2022 12:06 PM

I'm not sure she hated the game as much as people think. I mean, she would appear on the cover of very straight male chauvinistic magazines - and as late as 2004. no less.

by Anonymousreply 81September 17, 2022 2:07 AM

Plus, she had to know about Harvey.

by Anonymousreply 82September 17, 2022 2:08 AM

Hewitt's got no credibility after that awful show where she gave men hand jobs. Just gag.

by Anonymousreply 83September 17, 2022 2:12 AM

I love the Scream films, but I never felt that Neve had much of a screen presence. She was always serviceable, but that was it. I found her performance in Wild Things particularly anemic—Denise Richards stole the show there, and it wasn't just because of her tits.

by Anonymousreply 84September 17, 2022 2:15 AM

I always get her and Fauza Balk confused.

by Anonymousreply 85September 17, 2022 2:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!