Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Your favorite Madeline Kahn performance?

She was so talented and funny. A genuine comedienne.

I could only include her big movies. I had to cut out voice overs and movies where she had a small part (like her excellent and accurate portrayal as the crazy Martha Mitchell in Nixon).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 13, 2022 2:54 PM

I liked that pot roast commercial she did.

by Anonymousreply 1April 11, 2022 1:30 PM

Clue

by Anonymousreply 2April 11, 2022 8:07 PM

What's Up Doc?

by Anonymousreply 3May 13, 2022 2:02 PM

I always confuse her with >

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 13, 2022 2:04 PM

I love every movie she was ever in, but in Paper Moon, she went from hysterically funny comedienne to heart wrenching dramatic actress in this single scene. She should've gotten the Oscar for this one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 13, 2022 2:06 PM

I thought she stole in Paper Moon. That part where she is climbing up the hill, talking to Addie and she slips and says 'son of a bitch' is classic. I have always wondered if she really slipped and that came out and they kept it in the movie?

by Anonymousreply 6May 13, 2022 2:08 PM

*** stole the show ***

by Anonymousreply 7May 13, 2022 2:09 PM

R4 Madeline is better than Bernadette

by Anonymousreply 8May 13, 2022 2:28 PM

My cousin Eric did Judy Berlin...it was just ok.

by Anonymousreply 9May 13, 2022 2:38 PM

Weird, I was just thinking about her yesterday when the comedy "High Anxiety" popped into my head. Actually, it was the song from High Anxiety. I belt tunes all day long.

Anyhooo, I adore her. My friend spent an entire evening with her at a small gathering of artsy fartsy people in Manhattan last century. She was delightfully down to earth.

by Anonymousreply 10May 13, 2022 2:52 PM

I’ll say Clue. It was my introduction to her as a gayling

by Anonymousreply 11May 13, 2022 2:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!