Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Miley Cyrus covered Madonna’s “Like A Prayer”

One thing I like about Miley is that she always makes the songs she covers sound like her own songs, and not her doing karaoke.

Because of her voice, this has a very country twang to it. But I like it. She’s interesting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51December 15, 2022 4:49 AM

I could get through 30 seconds of it. It suck’s horribly.

by Anonymousreply 1April 5, 2022 8:13 PM

Murder!! Little bitch murdered that song!

by Anonymousreply 2April 5, 2022 8:14 PM

She didn't make it her own. Often she does. Here she just takes Madonna's choices and sings them.

by Anonymousreply 3April 5, 2022 8:14 PM

I love Miley, but it sounds pretty close to the original.

by Anonymousreply 4April 5, 2022 8:17 PM

I can never decide if a STAN's total sublimation of musical taste to hyperbolic stanning about their beloved artiste, is the charming ignorance of the simple, or grim evidence of what has been lost since the public schools abandoned musical education for all.

by Anonymousreply 5April 5, 2022 8:20 PM

R4 only her version is SHIT

by Anonymousreply 6April 5, 2022 8:21 PM

I like her voice better than Madonna's for sure. But this is just a pure cover. Nothing more.

But it's probably Madonna's best song from my POV. So I enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 7April 5, 2022 8:22 PM

She's just a covers artist today because nobody cares about her own music anymore.

by Anonymousreply 8April 5, 2022 8:24 PM

So we are unanimous yet how can OP, Helen Keller, be so tone deaf?

by Anonymousreply 9April 5, 2022 8:27 PM

The person I'd like to hear Miley cover or duet with is Tanya Tucker. They both have a very kinda deep raw female country voice.

by Anonymousreply 10April 5, 2022 8:31 PM

Not the only thing she covered

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 5, 2022 8:34 PM

I'm digging the backup singers, especially the slightly chubby guy.

by Anonymousreply 12April 5, 2022 8:43 PM

Miley sucks

by Anonymousreply 13April 5, 2022 8:45 PM

What happened to her career? She was a top billing pop star like 5 years ago.

I think she was trying to be too many things. Too much commotion. The girl can sing. What gives?

by Anonymousreply 14April 5, 2022 9:24 PM

She is still selling out tours r14. She’s on your right now, which this came from.

by Anonymousreply 15April 5, 2022 9:26 PM

R10 That's a fabulous idea! Have Tanya's friend Brandi Carlile (who worked marvelously with Tanya not too long ago) produce it and sit Miley and Tanya down with a bottle of tequila and a couple of notepads and pencils in order to best write it.

Oh.

She's just trying her best with this. It's alright. Neither good or bad. Just alright. I doubt Madonna is insulted.

by Anonymousreply 16April 6, 2022 12:49 AM

I want to hate Miley if only for her father, but consarnit, this little gal can sing! Here's my fav Miley cover.

Her Like a Prayer was really good.

by Anonymousreply 17April 6, 2022 1:10 AM

Sorry not as good as Madonna’. I’ve heard Madonna’s songs covered by Kelly Klarson and they are still not as goo as Madonna singling them

by Anonymousreply 18April 6, 2022 1:19 AM

Her voice is going. She brays full-throttle without any voice training, and she's always performing or recording.

by Anonymousreply 19April 6, 2022 1:26 AM

Love her

by Anonymousreply 20April 6, 2022 1:27 AM

I sorta have a love/hate relationship with Miley. I love that she didn't do the typical thing and add a bunch of rasp to this song. Her voice is unique enough without the rasp, and I think she has used it in the past to seem like a more mature, serious artist. I want her to release more music as Ashley O. It's been in my pride playlist for the past three years and everyfag screams when it comes on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 6, 2022 1:30 AM

I wish Miley would do like Pete Davidson and get the tatts removed, she would be much better looking without them.

by Anonymousreply 22April 6, 2022 1:32 AM

Wow that was terrible. She sounds like a goat doing a Gregorian chant.

by Anonymousreply 23April 6, 2022 1:33 AM

She does a nice cover of "Heart of Glass".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 6, 2022 2:27 AM

You know she's gunning to play Madonna in the upcoming biopic.

by Anonymousreply 25April 6, 2022 2:29 AM

R25 I think that would be great actually.

by Anonymousreply 26April 6, 2022 2:31 AM

#21, is that her Gaga parody?

by Anonymousreply 27April 6, 2022 2:45 AM

Yuck!

Say what you want about Madonna’s vocal ability but it’s pretty. Miley may be able to sing better than Madonna but it’s not prettier than Madonna’s voice.

Someone like J. Lo, who can’t sing at all, has a pretty voice too. When used correctly, it’s pleasant to the ear. Like “Waiting For Tonight” is pleasant. Same for Taylor Swift.

Miley’s voice is hideous. It’s nasally and hillbilly. I think she sounded great on “Malibu” where it was softer.

But “Heart of Glass” is gross.

by Anonymousreply 28April 6, 2022 2:48 AM

Guess she grew tired of ripping off Debbie Harry for the last year. Cher for 2023?

by Anonymousreply 29April 6, 2022 2:50 AM

Miley Does Courtney Love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 6, 2022 2:57 AM

She needs a coach. Not only is her singing getting hard and harder on the ears, her voice is going to blow out way to young.

by Anonymousreply 31April 6, 2022 4:23 AM

Her voice is powerful but it sounds really ugly and tortuous like a pregnant buffalo about to give birth and get slaughtered at once.

by Anonymousreply 32April 6, 2022 9:52 PM

I think she had to have vocal cord surgery a while ago.

by Anonymousreply 33April 6, 2022 10:16 PM

She blew her vocal cords out (touring so young & smoking weed): Miley Cyrus underwent surgery which left her voice raspy, hoarse, and deeper. The surgery was due to a condition called Reinke’s Edema, which was caused, in part by the fact that Cyrus smokes a large amount of marijuana, and together with alcohol and continuous touring, her vocal cords had swollen.

by Anonymousreply 34April 6, 2022 10:25 PM

I have to admit, I love it.

[quote]I love Miley, but it sounds pretty close to the original.

Miley, unlike so many others, read the room correctly.

by Anonymousreply 35April 6, 2022 10:30 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 6, 2022 10:30 PM

My favorite cover of Jolene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 6, 2022 10:43 PM

R37 that was bearable. All the ingredients are there for it to be great except the tone of the voice.

I think an engineer could concoct a nicer tone out of her talents. She doesn't seem interested.

by Anonymousreply 38April 6, 2022 10:50 PM

I don’t like her.

by Anonymousreply 39April 6, 2022 10:55 PM

She didn't cover it, so much as murder it.

by Anonymousreply 40April 6, 2022 10:58 PM

She sounded like she was trying to pass a three-week old turd

by Anonymousreply 41April 7, 2022 2:10 AM

This chick spends more time covering other people's song than singing her own.

by Anonymousreply 42April 7, 2022 2:11 AM

R28 but the lyrics to malibu are shit though. See video at 2:02

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 7, 2022 7:36 AM

R34 I think most of you now want Reinke's edema in order to meet that hottie of a doctor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 7, 2022 7:39 AM

Look, Miley has a cool voice and sings in tune and I usually like her covers, but this is fucking awful. Zero connection to the lyrics and she just shouts the the entire thing. No subtlety, no nuance, none of the sensuality of the original.

by Anonymousreply 45April 7, 2022 8:17 AM

She sounded good just a few years ago, but the tone is coarsening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 7, 2022 4:28 PM

R46 That is my favorite song of hers. It really suits her well, because it is pop/rock but country enough to take advantage of her natural twang.

She really needs to embrace her country side more. I don't mean she should do a straight country album, though I would love her to do a country covers or duet album. But, she should be like Bonnie Raitt or Melissa Etheridge and straddle the line.

by Anonymousreply 47April 7, 2022 11:05 PM

I actually think the song really works with Miley's voice. She's not the best singer by a long shot but her voice is infinitely more powerful than Madonna's ever was. It's interesting that over the years her voice has taken on a much more mannish rocker quality.

I do have criticism for the last minute of this performance though. Miley just lets the backup singers do all the work. She should have gone for her biggest and last note at some point. It also falls a bit flat that none of the backup singers goes for the big notes that we heard from the backup singers in the original Madonna version.

by Anonymousreply 48May 1, 2022 2:34 AM

Miley's voice works for some things and had its moments with Like a Prayer.

I hate myself, but actually liked Wrecking Ball - her voice suits that song.

by Anonymousreply 49May 1, 2022 2:39 AM

This is all you need.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 1, 2022 2:50 AM

She's starting to look like Madonna, too - current-day Madonna. Lay off the fillers, Miley. You're too young to need that shit.

by Anonymousreply 51December 15, 2022 4:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!