Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pamela Sue Martin

Sizzling red-hot ingenue Pamela Sue Martin is the breath of fresh air the world needs post-Slapgate

How has Pamela Sue Martin been an integral part of your life?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154December 24, 2022 7:16 AM

Always on trend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 3, 2022 2:19 AM

Dynasty Reunion "Catfights & Caviar"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 3, 2022 2:28 AM

In the first couple of seasons of Dynasty, she's really wonderful as Fallon. Sexy, scrappy, slutty, beautiful smartass. Later on, with Jeff, she becomes a boring simp. Just before she leaves the show, when she's with Peter Debillus, Pamela looks horrible. Way to skinny, and dead eyes like she's been on a coke binge.

I think the Dynasty shooting schedule was too much for her. I think she also had a drug problem that she and the producers kept under wraps. Its really too bad because shes one of the best things about the early years of the show. The show suffered creatively for her absence.

by Anonymousreply 3April 3, 2022 2:29 AM

Pamela Sue Martin and Shelley Long both left successful TV shows as they were on they way up, without any justification career-wise

by Anonymousreply 4April 3, 2022 2:48 AM

Nancy Drew or Fallon Carrington?

by Anonymousreply 5April 3, 2022 4:38 PM

Coke habit?

by Anonymousreply 6April 3, 2022 4:52 PM

I fell in love with her during her Nancy Drew days, I was about 8 or so. I ended up watching Dynasty solely for her, but fell in love with the show anyway. I was so disappointed when she left.

I remember flipping channels one afternoon & saw a bit of her movie To Find a Man; the only part that I remember was that she was in an abortion clinic & another girl walked out, shellshocked, carrying a brown paper bag, in which I guess was supposed to be the fetus (?). I thought maybe it was an anti-abortion movie, but it doesn't sound like it was.

by Anonymousreply 7April 3, 2022 6:42 PM

My favorite moment during the Dynasty reunion is when Catherine Oxenberg thanks John Forsythe for attempting an intervention for her cocaine habit at 5:58

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 3, 2022 10:49 PM

Her pivot was sub par and more befitting of a student film made at a community college. Ellen Travolta's was respectable. Mine was the best.

by Anonymousreply 9April 4, 2022 1:56 AM

Dynasty theme song is the best instrumental TV theme ever

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 5, 2022 5:27 AM

Pure Sex

by Anonymousreply 11April 24, 2022 6:00 AM

Was this the Fallon who flew away in a UFO?

by Anonymousreply 12April 24, 2022 6:13 AM

Is she a hooker from the 70s?

by Anonymousreply 13April 24, 2022 6:20 AM

PSM didn't like all of the attention from 'Dynasty' and began to lose her hair and become incontinent during the larger press events at department stores, etc.

by Anonymousreply 14April 24, 2022 6:27 AM

She got #MeToo'd back in the 70s and 80s (poor thing) It's the reason she bailed out of Hollywood, like most of the young starlets at the time! If you notice they all disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 15April 24, 2022 6:29 AM

She looks more like Linda Gray now.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 24, 2022 6:36 AM

My favorite nighttime soap character. I was devastated when she left the series. I could never accept Emma Samms in the role. I think there were some mental issues with PSM which caused her to leave the series.

by Anonymousreply 17April 24, 2022 7:14 AM

R17 was "devastated". What a fuckin' queen.

by Anonymousreply 18April 24, 2022 7:27 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 24, 2022 7:30 PM

R19 Has she consoled Jada?

by Anonymousreply 20April 24, 2022 8:02 PM

She abruptly quit Nancy Drew, then just as abruptly quit Dynasty. She was clearly ambivalent at best about Hollywood and acting.

In both cases, her replacement was wholly unsatisfactory.

by Anonymousreply 21April 24, 2022 8:34 PM

Who replaced PSM as Nancy Drew????? Quinn Cummings or Kim Richards?

by Anonymousreply 22April 24, 2022 9:23 PM

Her 1987 NBC horror movie Bay Coven is one of my favorites to watch before Halloween. She looked great in it too with her crimped hairstyle and denim jacket!

by Anonymousreply 23April 24, 2022 9:34 PM

R17 she didn’t have mental issues. There were multiple reasons she left. Her role was diminished, health issues, and not wanting to be on the Hollywood chain gang of doing a series.

by Anonymousreply 24April 24, 2022 9:34 PM

Emma Samms was horrible as Fallon. Especially her American accent. They could have found a better replacement for Pamela. Emma was miscast.

by Anonymousreply 25April 24, 2022 9:54 PM

No one mentioned PSM's role in 1978 grind house movie " The Lady in Red" ?

Tsk tsk tsk

by Anonymousreply 26April 24, 2022 10:04 PM

Love this movie poster

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 24, 2022 10:12 PM

Lady in Red is a camp classic.

by Anonymousreply 28April 25, 2022 12:09 AM

I used to get Pamela Sue Martin mixed up with Susan Dey *and* Melissa Sue Anderson. These kinds of actresses were a dime a dozen in the 1970s and early 1980s.

by Anonymousreply 29April 25, 2022 12:34 AM

Don't forget me, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 30April 25, 2022 12:36 AM

"How has Pamela Sue Martin been an integral part of your life?"

Gosh, I can't even really imagine life without Pamela Sue Martin. From the fresh-faced ingénue of The Poseidon Adventure, to the intrepid teen detective of Nancy Drew, to the sultry vixen of Dynasty, it's like she's always been there for me, and I will always be there for HER!

by Anonymousreply 31April 25, 2022 12:36 AM

She and Olivia Newton John in Grease made a young me realize that a good girl could turn into a slut in the blink of an eye.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 25, 2022 12:38 AM

[quote]I think the Dynasty shooting schedule was too much for her. I think she also had a drug problem that she and the producers kept under wraps.

Early '80s. Up to 30 episodes a season, with half as many commercials and much more difficult shooting conditions back in the celluloid days. Definite coke hound.

by Anonymousreply 33April 25, 2022 12:41 AM

Fuck off, R30! *I* was the breakout star of The Waltons!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 25, 2022 12:44 AM

I'm dating myself here, but as was also the case with "Dallas" (and Pam), "Dynasty" was originally supposed to be centered around Fallon's goings-on as the bridge-via-marriage to the scion of a competing dynasty. In both cases those plans got overturned as soon as the producers realized J.R. and Alexis were by far the most interesting characters, and recentered all of the main plots around them.

Agreed that Emma Samms may be the single worst actress-replacement choice in television history. At least they partially made up for it with the 2017 reboot that's still the best show almost no one is watching, where Fallon has remained the lead character. (Its past seasons are on Netflix if you want to catch up.)

by Anonymousreply 35April 25, 2022 12:45 AM

Well, PSM was no Pamela Bellwood, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 36April 25, 2022 12:49 AM

R28 The Lady in Red was considered very ambitious for a grind house film.

by Anonymousreply 37April 25, 2022 12:50 AM

R36, but then again, who was?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 25, 2022 12:57 AM

I liked both the first Fallon and Steven better than the recasts. Emma Samms was not right for the role of Fallon. I always thought Sharon Gabet, who played Raven on Edge of Night, could have been a decent Fallon replacement. At least better than Emma.

by Anonymousreply 39April 25, 2022 1:00 AM

She has been an integral part of my life because everytime she pivoted I got paid royalties.

by Anonymousreply 40April 25, 2022 1:09 AM

She’s the one who taught me (and Krystle Carrington) the rich are different.

by Anonymousreply 41April 25, 2022 1:11 AM

How does everyone think Elizabeth Gillies compares to Pamela Sue Martin?

by Anonymousreply 42April 25, 2022 1:21 AM

I remember she married a much older man and had to deal with this stepdaughter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 25, 2022 1:29 AM

No one could pivot away from a full-length mirror with a puzzled facial expression that said, "Is it really you/' quite like she could.

by Anonymousreply 44April 25, 2022 1:36 AM

I can never see her without thinking of the annoying childish voice of Eric Shea shouting, "SHOVE IT! SHOVE IT! SHOVE IT!"

by Anonymousreply 45April 25, 2022 1:40 AM

By 2011 Pamela looked like Eric's younger sister.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 25, 2022 1:42 AM

Pamela Sue Martin played an odd role in my previous relationship, circa 2013. I was 30, my immature ex in her twenties, and every night we watched an episode of "Dynasty" on YouTube.

The ex was a jealous type who decided it was obvious I was attracted to Martin. (I wasn't.) We had at least two arguments about it. Subsequently, in the blender of my subconscious, I had a sex dream about Fallon.

If I ever see a therapist, this will probably be the first thing we discuss. I'll need to find an eldergay familiar with "Dynasty."

by Anonymousreply 47April 25, 2022 1:52 AM

Reverend Shcott! The shteam! The shteam!

by Anonymousreply 48April 25, 2022 1:52 AM

Forgot to sign "Lesbian" to my post.

by Anonymousreply 49April 25, 2022 1:55 AM

You have to give her credit for living up to the iconic character of Nancy Drew and for being the fan-favorite by far Fallon Carrington

by Anonymousreply 50April 25, 2022 2:01 AM

In addition to discovering Jason Priestly and Shannen Doherty by recommending them to her Dad, Tori Spelling also recommended Emma Samms for Fallon Carrington after watching her on General Hospital

by Anonymousreply 51April 25, 2022 2:03 AM

They should have gotten fake Nancy Drew to play fake Fallon. She couldn’t have been any worse than Emma Samms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 25, 2022 2:08 AM

I read an interview with PSM about 15 years ago and she said Joan told her to see Dynasty “through to the end,” “series like this are once in a lifetime”…but part of what made PSM cool is she just didn’t care.

When she left, the tabs made it sound like she had married a South American coffee millionaire, but there is almost nothing online about Manuel Rojas.

by Anonymousreply 53April 25, 2022 2:23 AM

PSM was far better than Emma in the role. I also liked Elizabeth Gilles’ version as well.

by Anonymousreply 54April 25, 2022 2:32 AM

PSM also got heavily into playing polo with Stefanie Powers and her clique. I believe that's how she met her husband.

by Anonymousreply 55April 25, 2022 2:34 AM

Pamela's career went along a similar path as Susan Dey and they probably were up for the same roles

by Anonymousreply 56April 25, 2022 2:54 AM

Where does PSM live and just what *does* the ol' girl do all day long???

by Anonymousreply 57April 25, 2022 3:01 AM

[quote]When she left, the tabs made it sound like she had married a South American coffee millionaire, but there is almost nothing online about Manuel Rojas.

Possibly because "South American coffee millionaire" means "drug cartel kingpin."

by Anonymousreply 58April 25, 2022 10:38 PM

With constant teasing and spraying going on at Dynasty, I'm sure there were some spare wigs or weaves that Pamela Sue could have worn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59April 25, 2022 11:00 PM

What a flake.

by Anonymousreply 60April 25, 2022 11:03 PM

Nancy Drew opening theme

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 25, 2022 11:08 PM

There’s more on Rojas if you tack on her name too. He might be an actor or polo player or something else.

by Anonymousreply 62April 26, 2022 12:23 AM

By moving Emma Samms from General Hospital to Dynasty, ABC wound up doing pretty serious damage to both shows. She was wonderful as Holly, and had terrific chemistry with Tristin Rogers.

by Anonymousreply 63April 26, 2022 3:13 AM

In case you never knew, PSM once hosted SNL during the height of her time on "Dynasty." She wasn't very funny, but this skit is worth seeing just for Pamela Stephenson's great Joan Collins imitation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 26, 2022 3:18 AM

[quote]How has Pamela Sue Martin been an integral part of your life?

She hit me in the head with a fondue pot.

by Anonymousreply 65April 26, 2022 3:21 AM

Is she from Los Angeles?

by Anonymousreply 66April 26, 2022 3:24 AM

I don't remember, r66, I suffered some memory loss.

by Anonymousreply 67April 26, 2022 3:27 AM

She taught me the importance of wearing gym shorts under formal wear in case you have to climb to safety.

(and if someone said this already you can shove it shove it shove it.)

by Anonymousreply 68April 26, 2022 3:29 AM

[quote] Pamela Sue Martin and Shelley Long both left successful TV shows as they were on they way up, without any justification career-wise

It's been well documented that Long left Cheers for a film career.

I suspect that Martin did too but won't admit it because it was a failed attempt for a film career. I see she did Torchlight in 1985 and Al Corley was a supporting character in it.

by Anonymousreply 69April 26, 2022 3:39 AM

I've always thought PSM left Dynasty because of addiction problems that were hushed up.

by Anonymousreply 70April 26, 2022 3:51 AM

I saw her on a talk show with Joan Collins. Collins said she told her she was crazy to leave and tried to talk her out of it. She said she told Martin this ship is rising you leave a sinking ship not a hit show. Martin sort of shrugged like yeah it was dumb.

by Anonymousreply 71April 26, 2022 3:55 AM

Once you have climbed up an upside down Christmas Tree there are no more thrills left …..

by Anonymousreply 72April 26, 2022 4:21 AM

The gym shorts ruined Poseidon for me. After that, I couldn't take any of it seriously.

by Anonymousreply 73April 26, 2022 2:29 PM

Where is my brother????

by Anonymousreply 74April 26, 2022 6:06 PM

R71 May have been the E True Hollywood Story about Dynasty. Dynasty only had one more good year when it was number one post PSM leaving. Joan just doesn’t understand that people have different priorities in life then doing a nighttime soap. Joan was the one that truly went down with the sinking ship when the ratings were in the toilet. Pamela got off the show just in time when the ratings were still high and is still associated with the glory years of the show unlike Joan and Emma Samms. Look who’s laughing now.

by Anonymousreply 75April 27, 2022 1:35 AM

I remember she was in the infamous "Mother, May I Shart with Danger?" which was so ahead of its time, the network pulled it off the air after the first commercial break and showed a Real People marathon.

Later, a modified version of the script was filmed with Tori Spelling for Lifetime.

Obviously, Tori Spelling's sharts were not on par with Pamela's, so they had to scrap that part.

by Anonymousreply 76April 27, 2022 1:58 AM

She had a really hairy cunt, couldn’t she have just gotten a transplant using her box hair?

by Anonymousreply 77April 27, 2022 2:45 AM

[quote] Look who’s laughing now.

What???

by Anonymousreply 78April 27, 2022 2:47 AM

R71 R75 It's from the "Catfights and Caviar" Dynasty reunion at R2

by Anonymousreply 79April 27, 2022 3:32 AM

R79 you’re right Joan said it there too. Pamela has probably eye rolled Joan a lot in forty years. If PSM regretted leaving she would’ve returned. They wanted her back on at least a couple of occasions. She left and never looked back.

by Anonymousreply 80April 27, 2022 3:46 AM

Where is her Phaedra? Her Lady Macbeth?

by Anonymousreply 81April 27, 2022 5:55 AM

PSM does an amazing Linda Evans as Krystle.

by Anonymousreply 82April 27, 2022 8:16 AM

Did Linda Evans stay for the whole series run?

by Anonymousreply 83April 27, 2022 8:18 AM

R83 No. She was gone for the last season-ish. They wrote Krystle off as having gone to some sanatarium type place, if I recall correctly.

by Anonymousreply 84April 27, 2022 8:50 AM

Back in the 80s, PSM was misled by her team that she was going to transition to the Big Screen and become a "movie star". When that didn't happen, she hit the skids and disappeared. Yet another example of Hollywood actors believing their trajectory is right on the target, when in actuality they are disposable!

by Anonymousreply 85April 27, 2022 8:59 AM

Pamela Sue, where are you? :-)

by Anonymousreply 86April 27, 2022 11:00 AM

Her team must have been bonkers, because by the time she left Dynasty, Pamela Sue was in her thirties and looked terrible: emaciated and balding. How did they think that translated to becoming a movie star?

by Anonymousreply 87April 27, 2022 11:31 AM

If you Google her she's some kind of minister with some kind of alternative... faith or something. That kind of kooky sometimes erupts in late life but sometimes you've been away with the fairies by nature your whole life.

by Anonymousreply 88April 27, 2022 2:30 PM

R85, how you say!

by Anonymousreply 89April 27, 2022 10:56 PM

R85 she didn’t disappear and hit the skids. She continued to work in low key projects.

R87 she didn’t look that bad, although she had health issues and was losing her hair. I’m not sure about wanting to go off and be a movie star. Joan claims this but Joan lies about a lot. Her film Torchlight where she played the wife of a coke addict came and went post Dynasty. I don’t think PSM would’ve had the work ethic and stamina to make it in films. She probably would’ve given up on it like she did her two series.

by Anonymousreply 90April 28, 2022 5:57 PM

Pamela Sue Martin was a great beauty.

Best cheekbones and bone structure.

by Anonymousreply 91April 28, 2022 5:59 PM

I had a bitter teacher who interrupted innocent silent reading time to announce to the class after seeing a Nancy Drew book that she was a fan of the book series as a teenager and was disappointed that the TV series starred "FALL-ON CARR-ING-TON!"

by Anonymousreply 92April 28, 2022 10:48 PM

Well at least she wasn't a Scientologist!

by Anonymousreply 93April 28, 2022 10:57 PM

I wasn't your grandma's Nancy Drew!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94April 28, 2022 11:21 PM

She added a relatable quality to "Dynasty" and her scenes were some of the most watchable

A lot of the scenes with Blake and Krystle were pretty boring, and the Blake and Steven scenes were triggering and not that entertaining. Pamela Sue made it all make sense.

by Anonymousreply 95April 29, 2022 3:21 AM

R95 She was the right kind of jejune in the first mini-season.

by Anonymousreply 96April 29, 2022 3:28 AM

Fallon lost her appeal when she hooked up with that awful Peter DeVilbis midway through season 4. 🤮👎

by Anonymousreply 97April 29, 2022 3:52 AM

Pamela Sue’s Fallon would never have entered the UFO.

Did Fallon have schizophrenia? She was always going psychotic, from driving off on her wedding night, to getting amnesia, to flying on spaceships to being haunted by ghosts in Season 9.

by Anonymousreply 98April 29, 2022 5:59 AM

PSM was so great that first season but the writing for Fallon already started to go downhill in season 2. But, yes, that story with Peter what's-his-name was horrible.

by Anonymousreply 99April 29, 2022 6:03 AM

Pamela Sue Martin is a national treasure.

by Anonymousreply 100April 29, 2022 2:37 PM

R98 Pamela wouldn’t have played the role as written period during the Colbys and most of Dynasty’s last years. The writing improved for the character the last season, but Emma was never Fallon to me.

by Anonymousreply 101April 29, 2022 5:30 PM

R98, neither would Buck's

by Anonymousreply 102April 29, 2022 6:01 PM

R98, they gutted the character when she became a mother. The argument was Alexis made Fallon redundant as a bitch.

How a soap could have too many bitches is a good question but that's what I've read.

by Anonymousreply 103April 29, 2022 6:02 PM

Fallon (PSM not Samms) wasn’t a bitch per se. She could be bitchy, but she was more outspoken, opinionated, worldly, and knew how the rich operated. She wouldn’t do some of the vile things that Alexis did like firing a shotgun causing Krystle to lose her baby when the horse threw her. I always thought there should’ve been a story where Fallon is actually running Denver Carrington at one point before she left the show. They made the mistake of weakening the character instead.

by Anonymousreply 104April 29, 2022 8:26 PM

Yeah, I never saw her as a bitch, more like a spoiled brat at times. But I loved her! She & Jeff were my favorite couple on the show.

by Anonymousreply 105April 29, 2022 9:35 PM

Jeff had all the ladies. Fallon #1, Kirby, Claudia, Ashley, Fallon #2, and Sammy Jo.

by Anonymousreply 106April 29, 2022 9:47 PM

R106 I’m surprised he never fucked Alexis. John James was so hot.

by Anonymousreply 107April 29, 2022 9:52 PM

Pamela Poo Fartin

by Anonymousreply 108April 30, 2022 2:45 AM

R104, Fallon was the high school mean girl, sort of like Regina George. She thought she was better than Krystle. She thought Sammy Jo was beneath her.

She had fun toying with Krystle about the pawned necklace.

by Anonymousreply 109April 30, 2022 8:40 AM

I've been a fan since The Poseidon Adventure. I have always wished she had a much bigger film career.

by Anonymousreply 110April 30, 2022 9:59 AM

R109 Because they were Blanche, they were!

by Anonymousreply 111April 30, 2022 4:51 PM

I never really understood why Krystle didn’t give Alexis a more serious beat down when she found out that Alexis was responsible for her miscarriage. That was basically a pillow fight. Krystle should have reacted with more venom. I’m talking fists to Alexis’s face and body blows. I’ve seen women get serious ass whoopings from other women for less.

by Anonymousreply 112April 30, 2022 7:38 PM

Dynasty did it right by including related perfume commercials into the storyline of the show while the show was still at the top of the ratings

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113April 30, 2022 9:01 PM

R112 the fight they have in the art studio is classic. I don’t think it would’ve been as entertaining if Krystle hit her many times. Plus this was new ground for network tv to have two women brawl like this. It’s really how the studio is destroyed that’s so funny and outrageous. Krystle hits her a few times in the lily pond fight a couple years later (another fun one).

by Anonymousreply 114April 30, 2022 9:03 PM

R113 plus they had department store tie ins for the clothing Linda and Joan wore when it was a ratings hit. I can’t remember when Forever Krystle the perfume started. The YouTube clip says 87. By this point the ratings were in the crapper.

by Anonymousreply 115April 30, 2022 9:06 PM

It's too bad Pamela didn't stay around for one more season. Maybe they could have used the opportunity to kill off Fallon at the Moldavia Massacre, giving the story more impact.

by Anonymousreply 116May 1, 2022 3:04 AM

They should have turned Fallon into a Private Detective working for an anonymous boss (who sounded a lot like her father.)

by Anonymousreply 117May 1, 2022 1:46 PM

R116 the character was too popular. I consider Pamela a part of the 84-85 season anyway. Her presence is felt in flashbacks and Jeff spends a lot of time looking for her. The Amanda character was brought in as essentially a replacement for Fallon too. Amanda probably should’ve been killed off as she really served no use after Moldavia.

by Anonymousreply 118May 1, 2022 2:18 PM

R117, I don't think they'd invented meta yet, but in retrospect, great idea!

by Anonymousreply 119May 1, 2022 3:08 PM

Emma Samms should have been cast as a big-boobed British Carrington cousin like Sandy in "Grease" instead of continuing the same Fallon character that nobody believed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120May 1, 2022 7:48 PM

She was a lot of fun before she started to get bored in the role. Such a sexy, soft voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121May 13, 2022 7:21 PM

She's no Vicki Sue Robinson.

by Anonymousreply 122May 13, 2022 7:27 PM

Catherine Oxenberg made Jaclyn Smith look like Meryl Streep. She was an extremely rotten actress.

by Anonymousreply 123May 16, 2022 7:08 PM

I'm royalty. You R123 are a common Karen whose last name no remembers.

by Anonymousreply 124May 16, 2022 8:10 PM

no one

by Anonymousreply 125May 16, 2022 8:11 PM

[quote] How has Pamela Sue Martin been an integral part of your life?

gurl....no

by Anonymousreply 126May 16, 2022 8:54 PM

The CW's (new) Dynasty, a shit show which I hate watched, has been cancelled. That show copied many storylines from the original, up through the original's 6th season (such as Rita impersonating Krystle). But no new Fallon on the reboot (no new Emma Samms), no Colbys from Los Angeles (no Sable!), no Fallon in a UFO, and no marriage of Amanda and Prince Michael of Moldavia. Oh, well!

by Anonymousreply 127May 16, 2022 9:21 PM

She could have been on Sex and the City

by Anonymousreply 128May 17, 2022 12:40 AM

Krystle after Fallon gives her advice on how to be Mrs Blake Carrington

‘Do I thank you for this?’

‘No…it’s not a gift.’

by Anonymousreply 129May 17, 2022 12:48 AM

Pamela Sue would have been nominated for Hustlers unlike that dime-bag J-Lo whore

by Anonymousreply 130May 31, 2022 5:00 AM

“What can I say, Jeff? You’re kind to orphans.”

This wouldn’t fly today with the way he grabs her by the hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131August 12, 2022 2:06 PM

R131, not to mention the orphans complaining about Fallon's crack.

Seriously, that scene was a zillion times better than anything in that crappy revival.

by Anonymousreply 132August 13, 2022 12:24 AM

R131 yeah she's not such a great actor, but her presence is captivating. Looks, attitude, she's just wonderful.

R132 I agree. I don't any actor in their 20s today could do what PSM did there. It just doesn't exist anymore.

by Anonymousreply 133August 13, 2022 5:43 AM

She probably could have done voice over work

by Anonymousreply 134November 5, 2022 3:08 AM

[quote] She got #MeToo'd back in the 70s and 80s (poor thing) It's the reason she bailed out of Hollywood

Did she grab Parker Stevenson’s luscious butt cheeks with both hands and squeeze? It was worth it!

by Anonymousreply 135November 5, 2022 3:22 AM

I remember her movie " The Lady in Red " she played a prostitute and in one scene she douched with Coca Cola to " clear the deck" for the next customer . elegance and style !!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136November 5, 2022 5:51 AM

Her best role—my second favorite preppy TV movie…right up there with “Fraternity Row”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137November 5, 2022 6:23 AM

QUE ?

by Anonymousreply 138November 5, 2022 6:42 AM

Who dis Pamela Soo ?

She got nail salon ?

by Anonymousreply 139November 5, 2022 6:43 AM

Flo Pugh could do it!

by Anonymousreply 140November 5, 2022 6:48 AM

R131 there’s some old Hollywood in that scene. She’s like Veronica Lake in one of the film noirs. And John James was so handsome in both clips.

by Anonymousreply 141November 5, 2022 7:54 AM

I would never have fucked her. Not even with your dick.

by Anonymousreply 142November 5, 2022 8:04 AM

Her acting at r131 is not very good. Even the way she holds her head while James is "yanking" her hair isn't convincing. His line readings are better.

by Anonymousreply 143November 5, 2022 8:05 AM

[quote] Emma Samms was horrible as Fallon. Especially her American accent.

Holy shit, was that Samms attempting an American accent? I'd stopped watching around the time Martin left, but I've seen Samms on youtube clips and always assumed the character was suddenly British for no particular reason.

by Anonymousreply 144November 5, 2022 1:34 PM

[quote] Forgot to sign "Lesbian" to my post.

We surmised.

by Anonymousreply 145November 5, 2022 1:39 PM

R64 - Proof positive that SNL has sucked donkey balls for decades. Nevertheless, Martin did a decent impersonation of Evans' breathy, deep voice.

by Anonymousreply 146November 5, 2022 1:45 PM

[quote] Jeff had all the ladies. Fallon #1, Kirby, Claudia, Ashley, Fallon #2, and Sammy Jo.

He just never met the right man.

by Anonymousreply 147November 5, 2022 1:54 PM

[quote] She had fun toying with Krystle about the pawned necklace.

Probably my favorite PSM-Fallon moment was when she bit the head off the bride cookie figurine on Blake & Krystle's wedding cake. There was something definitely implied about her being daddy's little girl that they never fully explored.

by Anonymousreply 148November 5, 2022 1:56 PM

R120 - Samms has a passing resemblance to Stephanie Beachum (Sable on Colbys) and could have been introduced that way too. Or at the very least related to Alexis via her British family line. Samms should have played Amanda.

I agree with the general consensus that whoever recast Fallon and Steven did a shit job. Samms was a decent enough actor but just all wrong, and Coleman was as interesting as drying paint. The mediocre Oxenberg was replaced with the even worse Cellini. Terrible casting choices were just as major a reason for the show floundering in its later years just as much as terrible writing and waning viewer interest in primetime soaps.

by Anonymousreply 149November 5, 2022 2:04 PM

There was an actress called Deborah Mullowney who married (among hundreds if you credit Wikipedia) Dr. Nick Toscanni James Farentino and played a lot of parts on TV but I remember her for Sloane Denning on Capitol. She had that husky Fallony voice. I always thought she would have been a good recast. Samms was awful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150November 5, 2022 2:05 PM

Fallon went down the tubes once Richard Shapiro stopped writing the show. She was originally the bitch character (though not Alexis style) and the foil for Krystle. When Alexis arrived, Fallon was displaced, but it hardly mattered because the writing went down the tubes year after year too. But they were making money, not art. Funny how forty years later they can make art and money (Succession.)

by Anonymousreply 151November 5, 2022 2:07 PM

P-Mart was peak Dynasty

by Anonymousreply 152December 23, 2022 2:54 AM

R151, I thought the writing in Season 2 was still good. Fallon was still a bitch. But the storyline of Alexis living next door and the escalating tension between her and Krystle… masterful!

by Anonymousreply 153December 23, 2022 8:39 PM

R151 Funny how forty years later they can make art and money (Succession.)

So true- that show blows Dynasty and all those nighttime soaps out of the water

by Anonymousreply 154December 24, 2022 7:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!