Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Chalet on Netflix

I saw this recently on Netflix. Anybody else seen it? It's French with some fairly hot men.

I find Nicolas Gob, playing Sebastien, to be quite hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 25, 2022 7:33 AM

What's it about?

by Anonymousreply 1March 24, 2022 10:31 PM

I liked it OP.

It’s like a classic Agatha Christie.

by Anonymousreply 2March 24, 2022 10:33 PM

R1. Some people go to a chalet and get trapped there whilst a murderer picks them off one by one.

by Anonymousreply 3March 24, 2022 10:33 PM

Marc Ruchmann is too good-looking.

They did a good job matching the older actors with their younger counter-parts. Elie Jarrosson, who share's the role of Manu with Ruchmann, is his spitting image.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 24, 2022 10:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 24, 2022 10:56 PM

The setup was good, the ending was shit. And people kept doing stupid things just to get into trouble.

by Anonymousreply 6March 24, 2022 11:42 PM

I kind of liked the ending R6. The twist surprised me (not the one with Adele since anyone could see that coming).

And Pierre-Benoist Varoclier (played Olivier) was cute too.

by Anonymousreply 7March 25, 2022 1:36 AM

***SPOILERS***

Regarding the ending, did anybody think having the little girl there in the first place was so bloody unnecessary? I get it-she was the flower girl- but she could have come up with the rest of the guests later on. The whole "your daughter and Adele were never in the same room" reasoning was just so silly.

by Anonymousreply 8March 25, 2022 2:43 AM

Very silly R8, but it worked well as cover because I never suspected anything was up with the girl, the mother or her partner.

Like the mother said, they were the perfect camouflage. In a story that had quite predictable moments I was pleasantly surprised to find a genuinely shocking reveal (and one that made so much sense at the same time).

by Anonymousreply 9March 25, 2022 4:06 AM

Quite old series. I watched it years ago and gave up half way through. Les Revenants was good, however.

by Anonymousreply 10March 25, 2022 7:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!