Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nicolas Cage as Dracula is just John Travolta

Yikes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 24, 2022 11:29 PM

I love it. Nic needs to pay those bill$! I'll watch this.

by Anonymousreply 1March 24, 2022 9:18 PM

Is that supposed to be a link to Cage or Travolta?

by Anonymousreply 2March 24, 2022 9:19 PM

Ooo, now the link works, but only in preview. ANYHOO - Cage does not look like Travolta and so what? I like Cage and Travolta.

What are you "Yikes" about? You don't like either actor? Don't watch the movie.

by Anonymousreply 3March 24, 2022 9:25 PM

Cage looks great, but will he really be able to play an icy cool sociopath?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 24, 2022 9:40 PM

And the buttcrack is still the new cleavage.

by Anonymousreply 5March 24, 2022 9:49 PM

It was only a matter of time before Nicolas Cage played _______________ (fill in the blank).

by Anonymousreply 6March 24, 2022 10:14 PM

I really liked him in was Wild at Heart. Being a David Lynch movie, his hamminess enhanced things rather than take away. That Elvis impersonation was actually spot-on.

by Anonymousreply 7March 24, 2022 10:25 PM

Hélas, reverse snobbery and slumming are delights lost on OP.

by Anonymousreply 8March 24, 2022 10:29 PM

Im kinda loving the red velvet suit. Yes,Im a loud and tacky bitch.

by Anonymousreply 9March 24, 2022 10:39 PM

[quote] It was only a matter of time before Nicolas Cage played _______________ (fill in the blank).

Emily Dickinson.

by Anonymousreply 10March 24, 2022 10:43 PM

I'm the same age. I thought he was hot in a number of his early movies. Character actor's face and hot body. Weirdo I would have fucked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 24, 2022 11:00 PM

Someone on DL recommended The Weather Man the other day so I'm half way through it. It's good. Classic Cage but somewhat toned down to dead pan rather than hammy. He's one of the pioneers of a very modern kind of "every man". Not exactly a loser "every man". Suffering and enduring. In many waysambiguous but often trying to do the right thing.

by Anonymousreply 12March 24, 2022 11:04 PM

He has never done an outight villain, so I am assuming that he'll be camping this up.

by Anonymousreply 13March 24, 2022 11:05 PM

R12, isn't that a poor selection considering the original was a classic?

If you can handle tragedy, Leaving Las Vegas is good.

by Anonymousreply 14March 24, 2022 11:06 PM

I didn’t realise this was even a costume.

by Anonymousreply 15March 24, 2022 11:06 PM

What is the "original" of The Weather Man 2005? It's not a great movie but I think Cage is pretty good in it.

by Anonymousreply 16March 24, 2022 11:26 PM

R16 did you say "weather"? I read that as "wicker". Then again I am half blind.

by Anonymousreply 17March 24, 2022 11:29 PM

I thought it was Travolta at first. It’s like Face/Off for real!

by Anonymousreply 18March 24, 2022 11:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!