Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How did Jared Padalecki end up with the better career than Jensen Ackles?

Two good looking actors, roughly the same age.

Granted, they both lucked out by getting a 15 year run on Supernatural.

But after that, Jared is now the star of his own show AND an executive producer.

Jensen is still acting, but mostly in guest roles. "Rust" would have been his first movie role in years, but we all know what happened with that.

If you compare the two, Jensen was the one who always kept it professional, never any bad press, family man, and well-liked by his peers.

Jared on the other hand has had a ton of bad press, public fighting, doxxing people, and known for having a bad attitude.

So how in the hell does Jared get rewarded for that, but Jensen gets jack squat? It's curious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 1, 2022 2:01 AM

Both these guys are way creepy and probably have some dark skeletons in their closets.

by Anonymousreply 1March 24, 2022 3:50 PM

One has always been much more introverted than the other. So it's no surprise that one would still be hamming it up in front of the camera while the other tries to make money behind the scenes.

I always got the impression that the tall one would not have even been on that show past the first season or two except that they bribed him with money.

Their onscreen marriage was too good not to be exploited.

by Anonymousreply 2March 24, 2022 4:02 PM

He doesn't have the better career, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3March 25, 2022 5:50 AM

You just never know in this town.

by Anonymousreply 4March 25, 2022 5:56 AM

Most people have no idea who this people are.

by Anonymousreply 5March 25, 2022 6:01 AM

Exactly R5

by Anonymousreply 6March 25, 2022 9:22 AM

I genuinely think Jared is the better actor. Jensen can play vulnerable, tough or fun, but he's usually actually playing the same character. It's hard to see him disappear into his role. I think it's because he seems like he's acting all the time, even in public, so his roles and RL persona begin to blend.

Jared may be a massive asshole but he can actually disappear into a role (at least better than Jensen). Maybe it's because he is such a ass in RL that he can hide it in his work, I don't know. Also, I have a feeling Jared may be a dick, but he's one who gets along relatively well with those he works with. Maybe he takes direction better as well.

by Anonymousreply 7March 25, 2022 9:47 AM

Jensen will be on the 3rd season of The Boys which is one of the most irreverent popular shows right now. Walker is a gig but is a safe unmemorable show for no one under 50.

by Anonymousreply 8March 25, 2022 9:56 AM

Actually they’re both terrible actors.

by Anonymousreply 9March 25, 2022 10:04 AM

[Quote] Also, I have a feeling Jared may be a dick, but he's one who gets along relatively well with those he works with. Maybe he takes direction better as well.

If that were true, he wouldn't be doing another shitty CW reboot. Also all of the time that was wasted during filming so Jared could do another silly prank or just goof around on the SPN set.

by Anonymousreply 10March 25, 2022 10:11 PM

They are both daytime-calibre actors who are guaranteed employment for as long as they desire it because they're part of the CW ecosystem. They had different goals/interests upon leaving their show which have revealed themselves in the projects they've been doing. Calling one more successful than the other is premature and hair-splitting.

Walker receiving a prequel is laughable and Jensen's Supernatural prequel is a train wreck in the making. They'll be back to film more of their homophobic incest bait show sooner rather than later.

by Anonymousreply 11April 1, 2022 1:46 AM

I dont know, I think Padelacki is a stud.

by Anonymousreply 12April 1, 2022 1:48 AM

OP- He's got the GAY stare and the GAY lips.

by Anonymousreply 13April 1, 2022 1:56 AM

He is a very nice looking man, but I still can't get through an entire episode of "Supernatural". Even though, this show has nine season on Nutlix, I just can't get into it.

Don't you hate how Netflix keeps changing their content images, in the feeble attempt to make their catalog look larger? Ugh. One of their pathetic catagories is called, "90 minute movies. Yeah, that's how pick what to watch, films that are a certain length. Wth?

by Anonymousreply 14April 1, 2022 1:59 AM

[quote] Walker receiving a prequel is laughable and Jensen's Supernatural prequel is a train wreck in the making. They'll be back to film more of their homophobic incest bait show sooner rather than later.

Begone with you, hateful BEAST R11!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 1, 2022 2:00 AM

[quote] He is a very nice looking man, but I still can't get through an entire episode of "Supernatural". Even though, this show has nine season on Nutlix, I just can't get into it.

R14, be sure to catch the "Fan Fiction" episode.

It's one of my favorites.

"Ask Jeeves" is funny, too.

by Anonymousreply 16April 1, 2022 2:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!