Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Depression

I'm so fucking depressed.

I'd be okay if I just died in my sleep tonight.

I'm alone.

by Anonymousreply 46April 9, 2022 11:39 PM

Awone.

by Anonymousreply 1March 20, 2022 5:26 AM

What makes you depressed?

by Anonymousreply 2March 20, 2022 5:27 AM

Hang in their OP. Don't give up.

by Anonymousreply 3March 20, 2022 5:27 AM

[quote] Hang in their

by Anonymousreply 4March 20, 2022 5:30 AM

What happened Op ?

by Anonymousreply 5March 20, 2022 5:36 AM

Take some cyanide, dearie. Your problems will vanish and you will wake up in hell.

by Anonymousreply 6March 20, 2022 5:41 AM

I've been feeling unusually down too. More so than in years. These past 2 years have set me back. OP, it might be a combination of your brain chemistry amplified by our unusually negative world and this strange time in which we are living. Maybe shake up your routine, add something new or change up a series of small things. Something to shake you out of the spiral. I'm trying to figure out what I should do too.

by Anonymousreply 7March 20, 2022 5:44 AM

Can I have your stuff, OP?

by Anonymousreply 8March 20, 2022 5:52 AM

With gloryholes no longer readily accessible. The instances of depression are greatly increased. The demise of Kmart is a national tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 9March 20, 2022 5:52 AM

Many gay men can only have sexual congress in parks, rest stops, where it is pitch black. I wonder how they are doing now when they cannot ever show themselves.

by Anonymousreply 10March 20, 2022 5:55 AM

Big hugs, OP.

Come to the I Want To Eat An Entire Cake thread.

Relax and indulge. We won’t judge you there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 20, 2022 5:55 AM

Go to a hospital and tell them you need to see a doctor from the Psych Ward....They will do the rest...

by Anonymousreply 12March 20, 2022 5:58 AM

R10 There is probably less regret and nausea. Some things are better left unseen.

by Anonymousreply 13March 20, 2022 5:59 AM

Christ, I'm getting tired of all the threads like this. There are so many anymore I'm finding it difficult to take them seriously.

OP, if you're for real, go to a doctor and get on some anti-depressants. That's what I did. The good ones work wonders. Or look at some of the threads here about microdosing. A lot of people here say that really helps.

Otherwise, GTFO or STFU.

by Anonymousreply 14March 20, 2022 6:01 AM

One time years ago I brought one of my boyish looking lesbian pals to a "cruising" spot in a pitch black park. She was one of those midnight black girls, she thought it was hilarious that gay men partook in such activities every Fri or Sat night.

by Anonymousreply 15March 20, 2022 6:04 AM

[quote]Christ, I'm getting tired of all the threads like this. There are so many

I know. It's weird. It's almost like some disaster happened on a global scale that increased the mental health crisis or something.

No idea what could possibly be causing all of this depression.

by Anonymousreply 16March 20, 2022 6:05 AM

This too shall pass. You will feel better again one day, even though it’s hard to believe right now. Just keep breathing.

by Anonymousreply 17March 20, 2022 6:06 AM

Alone? Welcome to the party.

by Anonymousreply 18March 20, 2022 6:07 AM

The reason is irrelevant, R16. Take some meds and feel better like other people do -- or they say gummies or some such are readily available.

by Anonymousreply 19March 20, 2022 6:10 AM

Sure thing, doc r19.

You can easily scroll past the threads. Yet here you are.

by Anonymousreply 20March 20, 2022 6:41 AM

R14 = Exactly..WHY bring DL down with their emotional sorrow?...Go to SS or some other site where your depressing whims can be appreciated...We ALL have problems...

by Anonymousreply 21March 20, 2022 6:46 AM

[quote]WHY bring DL down with their emotional sorrow?

From my observation, DL is in a perpetual state of being down and full of miserable people. It's theme is "pointless bitchery." Happy people don't focus on negative, inane, shit to bitch about all day. At least not the sane and happy ones.

This isn't a positive environment by default. Not sure why you two are shocked there are a bunch of depressed posters on here.

by Anonymousreply 22March 20, 2022 6:49 AM

^ *Its

by Anonymousreply 23March 20, 2022 6:49 AM

They may say April is the cruelest month, but I feel it’s March. If ever there a month to commit suicide in (in the Northern Hemisphere) it’s definitely March.

by Anonymousreply 24March 20, 2022 6:53 AM

OP, my heart goes out to you. The world today doesn't help - Russia/Ukraine, Covid, random shootings. I think most people are brought down by today's events but it's all a fucking nightmare to a sensitive, empathetic person. Do you have a primary care physician who can prescribe venlafaxine or some other antidepressant and recommend a psychologist? There is online help for depression - please Google Online Chatrooms for Adults with Depression.

by Anonymousreply 25March 20, 2022 7:53 AM

Me too, OP.

How are you doing?

by Anonymousreply 26March 30, 2022 9:01 PM

pull UP, bitch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 30, 2022 9:05 PM

Whenever I get depressed I watch 100 episodes of Golden Girls. Then I feel completely sane.

by Anonymousreply 28March 30, 2022 9:14 PM

Well, it certainly doesn't hurt r28

by Anonymousreply 29March 31, 2022 12:19 AM

Get on psychotropic meds. It gets better

by Anonymousreply 30March 31, 2022 12:21 AM

We’re living in some tough times. Four years of Trump, then 2 years of the fucking pandemic, now this awful war. I feel like I’ve been bludgeoned with a blunt instrument for the past 6 years and it just keeps coming. That’s why people are depressed, R14 and the rest of you unsympathetic cunts.

by Anonymousreply 31March 31, 2022 12:29 AM

Micro dose mushrooms 🍄🍄

by Anonymousreply 32March 31, 2022 12:44 AM

Sending you a hug OP. It’s been a rough month.

To the people who click these threads only to write paragraphs that end with “take meds and STFU” - wtf is YOUR problem? Keep fucking scrolling if you don’t want to read this topic. People go through rough times and these threads can be helpful. If that makes you so pissed off that you feel the need to jump on and bitch at the depressed posters - that’s just shitty.

by Anonymousreply 33March 31, 2022 12:52 AM

can you get therapy OP? It's really helped me the past few years. No matter what the other assholes post, i care how you feel.

by Anonymousreply 34March 31, 2022 1:33 AM

OP, are you doing okay?

For some people, spring = increased depression.

by Anonymousreply 35April 9, 2022 2:08 PM

Get a cat!

by Anonymousreply 36April 9, 2022 2:12 PM

[quote]R9 With gloryholes no longer readily accessible. The instances of depression are greatly increased. The demise of Kmart is a national tragedy.

Promising basis for a haiku.

by Anonymousreply 37April 9, 2022 2:14 PM

And give that cat a massage r36!

by Anonymousreply 38April 9, 2022 2:14 PM

I've been depressed lately.

I feel like an old failure.

by Anonymousreply 39April 9, 2022 3:30 PM

OP, I'm with you. I have moderate depression and anxiety (between mild and severe) and I recently switched one of my meds to Effexor extended release. It has made me feel worse; my anxiety and depression are amplified, I am numbly tired and I want to have a breakdown but after a few weeks now, I"m starting to feel more positive in moments. In a few weeks, I'm sure the negative feelings will diminsh.

by Anonymousreply 40April 9, 2022 3:50 PM

Well apparently you Debbie Downers get tremendous satisfaction from public bitching and moaning and crying 'woe is me'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 9, 2022 3:56 PM

Depression is part of life.

by Anonymousreply 42April 9, 2022 9:32 PM

R39,don’t listen to your head when you are blue . It’s a lie

by Anonymousreply 43April 9, 2022 10:52 PM

R40 be very careful if you go off Effexor. The withdrawal is very very difficult - I had a horrible time. Make sure you are closely monitored by your doctor if you do.

by Anonymousreply 44April 9, 2022 11:11 PM

R44, thanks for the warning. I have heard similar things about the withdrawal. Definitely wouldn't stop it cold turkey.

by Anonymousreply 45April 9, 2022 11:27 PM

I feel like shit tonight too.

by Anonymousreply 46April 9, 2022 11:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!