Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Martika & Limahl

What happened to these two?

It's been ages since I last seen either in public or interviewed.

I wouldn't have recognized either of them walking down the street.

Martika looks like she has an eating disorder in this interview & Limahl seems spacey.

Thoughts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 22, 2022 6:04 AM

He looks the way I remember him, just older and really sleepy.

by Anonymousreply 1March 19, 2022 9:09 PM

She looks great.

He does look spacy. I forgot he tried to have a comeback but it flopped miserably.

by Anonymousreply 2March 19, 2022 9:10 PM

I fucking hated that overplayed "Toy Soldiers." I was glad Martika dropped out of sight.

by Anonymousreply 3March 19, 2022 9:21 PM

Their ages for 2022 are 52 & 64.

by Anonymousreply 4March 19, 2022 9:26 PM

Sheā€™d look great if she dropped about 20 pounds

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 19, 2022 9:36 PM

Toy Soldiers was about drug addiction, and the lyric of Love Thy Will Be Done sounds like a letter written as part of a therapy session in rehab. See also Hold On by Chynna Phillips.

I was convinced Love Thy Will Be Done was going to be a 4 week number one, and was so disappointed when it crept into the top 10 in the UK and US and then crept out again. It did make #1 in Australia, knocking Bryan Adams and that Robin Hood: Prince Of Tides song off the number one spot.

But yes, she looks emaciated in the 2016 interview clips, like she has facial wasting. Her teeth look too big for her head.

by Anonymousreply 6March 19, 2022 9:37 PM

R3 Martika was everything, You are bugging She dropped out of sight because she had drug issues? She is always secretive about why she completely stopped making music.

by Anonymousreply 7March 19, 2022 9:38 PM

Martika and a junkie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 19, 2022 9:43 PM

When Martika presented Best British Group at the Brit Awards in 1992 it was widely rumoured that the cigarette she was smoking was a "special" cigarette, if you get my meaning... šŸŒæ

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 19, 2022 9:47 PM

You mean (gasp!)ā€¦marijuana?!

by Anonymousreply 10March 19, 2022 10:14 PM

What WAS she thinking?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 19, 2022 10:28 PM

Love Thy Will Be Done was, of course, written by Prince. But it was truly a lovely song - her voice on it is sublime, even if the lyrics are a little OTT.

She fit into that type Prince had at the time - dark hair, a touch of exotic looks without veering too far out of the mainstream, etc. Like Mayte, Vanessa Marcil, Susanna Hoffs, etc.

by Anonymousreply 12March 19, 2022 10:32 PM

Where's Tiffany?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 19, 2022 10:33 PM

Her disappearance was a bit of a mystery.

Yes her second album didn't do as well as the first, but it was hardly a flaming bomb, internationally. It had a top ten single from it.

I always wondered if there was more to her dropping out of sight than that.

by Anonymousreply 14July 22, 2022 5:51 AM

R12, and produced by Prince. His demo of the song is identical aside from swapping out his vocals for hers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 22, 2022 6:02 AM

For some reason, I always thought Limahl was Asian. I've thought that since 1983. Mind blown.

He should cut his hair, he'd look much better.

by Anonymousreply 16July 22, 2022 6:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!