Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Vincente Minnelli's Other Daughter

WTF?! Vincente Minnelli left his daughter Christiane Nina Minnelli Miro a measly $5k in his will, saying she was "well provided for" elsewhere. Was this some Joan Crawford-level shit, "for reasons well known to them?" Liza got most of the estate, including "a trust fund for any future children she might have."

He also screwed his wife Lee Anderson Minnelli, leaving her just $100k and the right to live in his house until she died (gee, thanks, asshole).

Someone on DL has got to know just what the hell was going on here. The other/non-Liza daughter does not appear on social media and is apparently still living. Does she also like blue? Is there some simmering feud going on with Liza just below the Lorna Luft level?

Seriously, if it were me, I would be pissed.

by Anonymousreply 66December 18, 2022 4:58 PM

Liza supported Vincent for years- he was broke. I had no idea about another daughter.

by Anonymousreply 1March 14, 2022 4:48 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 14, 2022 4:53 PM

They also ignored Vincente's request to be cremated, with no funeral - instead having a large funeral and burying him - interesting.

by Anonymousreply 3March 14, 2022 4:56 PM

Well, that's weird. His house alone was valued (in 1982) at $1mn, not including the artwork, furnishings, and cars (which he also left to Liza). The other daughter was from his second marriage, to Georgette Magnani.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 14, 2022 4:56 PM

Liza and Christiane Nina Minnelli at the B'way opening of "Macbeth" in 2013.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 14, 2022 4:58 PM

Tina Nina, as she is known, is the daughter of Minnelli with his second wife. Georgette Magnani, She looks nothing like her older sister, and the relationship is barely acknowledged in Liza's publicity -- thought they did get together here in 2012 with a bizarre-looking Joel Grey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 14, 2022 4:58 PM

It's because Liza supported him. Jesus!

by Anonymousreply 7March 14, 2022 4:58 PM

That's no reason to cut your own flesh and blood out of a goddamned will. $5k? At least his 4th wife got the $100k.

Where is it documented anywhere that Liza supported him? He worked up until 1976. It's not like he was blacklisted or had some decades-long decline.

by Anonymousreply 8March 14, 2022 5:03 PM

Look at R5, she looks just like her, dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 9March 14, 2022 5:06 PM

He got it up twice for a woman? Once may be considered carelessness. Twice looks like a misfortune.

by Anonymousreply 10March 14, 2022 5:10 PM

What a strange thing to be indignant about, OP--something that happened 40 years ago to other people.

by Anonymousreply 11March 14, 2022 5:16 PM

Joel Grey đŸ˜±

by Anonymousreply 12March 14, 2022 5:18 PM

Joel Grey looks like Laurie Metcalf in that photo!

by Anonymousreply 13March 14, 2022 5:23 PM

Tina has wide set eye, like Liza.

by Anonymousreply 14March 14, 2022 5:33 PM

Vincente's abandoned Beverly Hills mansion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 14, 2022 5:40 PM

R1 so you are saying he was overspending all the time and was actually in debt? Was he a gambler or something?

It could be possible. Didn't Ed McMahon die in debt despite all the years he had a steady Tonight Show gig and did commercials?

by Anonymousreply 16March 14, 2022 5:40 PM

[quote]Didn't Ed McMahon die in debt despite all the years he had a steady Tonight Show gig and did commercials?

Perhaps he should've entered the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes.

by Anonymousreply 17March 14, 2022 5:54 PM

"Carson's sidekick on The Tonight Show had some serious money woes late in life and he certainly could have used some of that dough. In 2008, the year before he died, he was in arrears on his mortgage and was $1.5 million in debt."

by Anonymousreply 18March 14, 2022 6:01 PM

The Minnelli mansion has been a squatter haven for some time, apparently (there's video footage of the property, looking pretty nasty, in the story linked below). The wife sued Liza in 2000 over her handling of the estate, but poor Tina Nina apparently has not (or maybe she has).

Liza supported Judy financially during Judy's downward spiral, when her own career was just getting started, but did she disinherit Lorna and Joey for all of that? Even if she helped Vincente out with some mortgage payments in the last years of his life, that's no reason to cut out your other kid. That is dark-side level shit and not even David Gest can be blamed for that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 14, 2022 10:00 PM

Maybe she is supporting NT?

by Anonymousreply 20March 14, 2022 10:04 PM

R19, meet R15.

by Anonymousreply 21March 14, 2022 11:50 PM

Francesca Hilton squatted there for a while along with Jerry Lewis's homeless daughter.

by Anonymousreply 22March 15, 2022 3:10 AM

"The Minnelli mansion has been a squatter"

How can a house be a squatter, R19? A squatter is a person. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 23March 15, 2022 12:29 PM

It says "squatter haven," dipshit.

by Anonymousreply 24March 15, 2022 12:33 PM

r22 Daria Cassini, too.

by Anonymousreply 25March 15, 2022 12:36 PM

Calm down, cunt R24.

by Anonymousreply 26March 15, 2022 12:44 PM

Gawd, look at that hideous mirrored wall in R15. This could be its own thread: Tasteful Friends: Squatters Edition.

by Anonymousreply 27March 15, 2022 12:52 PM

😆 The attorney must have been a queen.

"While defendant is honeymooning all over the world, having fed 850 of her closest friends a 12-foot cake, plaintiff is alone in a cold, dark house, at age 94."

by Anonymousreply 28March 15, 2022 12:53 PM

[quote]The other/non-Liza daughter

This gave me a good chuckle

by Anonymousreply 29March 16, 2022 11:06 PM

I call Lorna "NotLiza"

by Anonymousreply 30March 16, 2022 11:08 PM

I call me "Molested!"

by Anonymousreply 31March 16, 2022 11:11 PM

From what I've read about Vincente Minnelli, and from what he wrote himself, Vinncente didn't seem to be playing with a full deck - for decades before his death.

[quote]Liza supported Judy financially during Judy's downward spiral

I doubt that. Judy was more or less homeless in her last year or two, relying on the kindness of fans and strangers.

by Anonymousreply 32March 16, 2022 11:20 PM

Thanks, R15 and R19. Minnelli's mansion was nice enough back in it's heyday, I wonder why it was abandoned?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 16, 2022 11:45 PM

Vincent hadn't worked in 10 years, and his last 2 wives spent money like water- both "socialites".

The money goes quick, when you have none coming in.

by Anonymousreply 34March 16, 2022 11:47 PM

The biggest surprise is that the mansion is far from isolated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 17, 2022 12:16 AM

when you are squatting a house for a long time, what happens with other squatters arrive and stake a claim to a room, or guesthouse, or pitch a tent in the empty pool? huh?

by Anonymousreply 36March 17, 2022 12:30 AM

There's a big ol' fight!

by Anonymousreply 37March 17, 2022 12:53 AM

“Otherwise provided for” suggests a trust fund, not “for reasons well known to her.”

by Anonymousreply 38March 17, 2022 1:30 AM

I'm always fascinated by showbiz fortunes and how they come and go. Stars tend to just spend their money, even the capital instead of just the intrest.

While old Money families have their's tied up in trusts that lasts them generation after generation. Celebrities need to be more serious about their finances. Easy money goes quickly is you don't watch it properly.

by Anonymousreply 39March 17, 2022 2:09 AM

[quote]Vincent hadn't worked in 10 years, and his last 2 wives spent money like water- both "socialites"

That's what he wanted, that's why he married them.

by Anonymousreply 40March 17, 2022 3:11 PM

And that's why he died broke.

by Anonymousreply 41March 17, 2022 3:49 PM

He was an adult. If he didn't like it he should have shown those wives the door.

by Anonymousreply 42March 17, 2022 3:52 PM

As has been previously posted, Liza supported him in the style to which he and the wife were accustomed. There are several articles online if you care to Google.

by Anonymousreply 43March 17, 2022 4:00 PM

Liza must've done really well financially in her own career if she was able to support her father and his socialite wife. Socialites love spending money and maintaining an aire of glamour and a high flying lifestyle.

It's all apart of that "socialite" lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 44March 17, 2022 5:03 PM

I never followed up on her Warhols, but those 12 portraits, plus the other pieces she bought/was gifted must have been the best investment she ever made. A set of 4 was only $90k back then, and I'm assuming Liza got some kind of discount.

by Anonymousreply 45March 17, 2022 5:19 PM

I just finished the new Garbo biography by Robert Gottlieb. Like many people who grew up poor, Garbo was incredibly frugal, and after she retired at 35 she sought and obtained (free) financial advice to ensure her real estate holdings in California, New York, and Switzerland, stocks and bonds, art collection, and other assets would provide enough income for her to live on without ever having to work again. When she died in 1990, at 84, her estate was valued at $32 million. Her fortune was consolidated by the 1950s, but, sadly, she continued to be a cheapskate for the rest of her life; for instance, she always gave the doormen at her co-op $25 at Christmas, and she left nothing in her will to her housekeeper and caregiver of three decades, Claire Koger, who at age 83 received $3,500 severance pay.

by Anonymousreply 46March 17, 2022 5:37 PM

Curious if the mansion has been restored since....most of those articles were from 8 years ago.

Google Maps photo doesn't show much.

by Anonymousreply 47March 17, 2022 5:44 PM

Who or what got Garbo's money?

by Anonymousreply 48March 17, 2022 5:44 PM

Last I saw, Liza sold one Warhol- ONE for $7 million. Good for her that no one ever bit at $40 million for the collection. Warhols are great investments.

by Anonymousreply 49March 17, 2022 5:48 PM

Garbo left virtually everything to one of nieces.

by Anonymousreply 50March 17, 2022 6:08 PM

That one acre lot is $10 million easy. Last time I drove by, the landscaping was refreshed and that was it.

by Anonymousreply 51March 17, 2022 6:15 PM

[quote]Last I saw, Liza sold one Warhol- ONE for $7 million.

If she sold it at an auction house, she'll take home half that amount.

by Anonymousreply 52March 17, 2022 7:19 PM

I've always read that Liza and her Minnelli half sister get along well and like each other. Not bosom buddies but are friendly and see each other maybe not frequently but regularly. There have been many photos of them over the years looking happy together.

by Anonymousreply 53March 17, 2022 8:04 PM

Liza only invites Tina Nina to events where they have to sit in the dark in silence for most of the evening.

by Anonymousreply 54March 17, 2022 8:06 PM

Tina Nina has never been in the business, isn't known for wanting to be in the business, maybe she prefers to be at low key events.

by Anonymousreply 55March 17, 2022 8:13 PM

Tina Nina. Such a cute name!

by Anonymousreply 56March 17, 2022 8:44 PM

[quote]what happens with other squatters arrive and stake a claim to a room, or guesthouse, or pitch a tent in the empty pool?

Naked Hobo wrestling.

by Anonymousreply 57March 17, 2022 10:19 PM

[quote]Tina Nina has never been in the business, isn't known for wanting to be in the business, maybe she prefers to be at low key events.

Like Nana's cul-de-sac parties. She'd bring her famous Tina Nina Tater Tots.

by Anonymousreply 58March 17, 2022 10:22 PM

Confusingly there is a Nina Minnelli who is apparently also related

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59March 18, 2022 4:49 PM

Her daddy was a queen, of course he preferred Liza.

by Anonymousreply 60March 18, 2022 4:51 PM

People from that era only became rich if they wisely invested their very good not fabulous salaries.

Callas was known to be difficult and very frugal and at the end of her life when she became a recluse she would beg her maid and I'm not sure if it was the maid's husband or a butler to stay with her even when they had the day off. She couldn't bear being alone even though she would turn down invitations from friends or invariably canceled at the last minute. I understand in her will she left them well compensated for their loyalty. That often doesn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 61March 20, 2022 3:02 PM

Young people like schlumpy, ordinary, marginally talented performers—because they’re in reach.

Older people like glam, untouchable singularly talented performers—because they’re out of reach.

by Anonymousreply 62March 28, 2022 10:59 PM

She doesn't look "well-provided for", she looks homeless. Maybe he meant Welfare?

by Anonymousreply 63March 28, 2022 11:20 PM

OP, she's actually on Instagram - but her account is private.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64December 17, 2022 9:19 PM

His widow, Lee, was a thoroughgoing cunt. Like most of her ilk, the old bag died at 100. She was rude and cold to Liza, even though Liza financially supported her and Vincente. After he died, I'm not sure if Liza supported Lee. Yet, she allowed her to stay in the mansion.

Liza planned to sell the mansion but Lee went on "Entertainment Tonight" and cried about being thrown out of the house. Liza had planned to move her into another home, but the rancid hag stayed at the mansion for many years thereafter. Liza is a very kind woman. I think she handled Lee's antics, because she loved her father so.

by Anonymousreply 65December 17, 2022 9:57 PM

But Poppa was a faggot, Lee.

by Anonymousreply 66December 18, 2022 4:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!