Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What do you think of Princess Diana's looks?

Your thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 307January 21, 2023 12:35 AM

I don't think anything about them atall.

by Anonymousreply 1March 12, 2022 2:33 AM

She had a hot ass, but she couldn't live forever.

by Anonymousreply 2March 12, 2022 2:39 AM

She looks dead.

by Anonymousreply 3March 12, 2022 2:45 AM

What does she look like now? Are there pictures?

by Anonymousreply 4March 12, 2022 2:51 AM

I always thought she looked horsey. Large nose, large frame, gawky posture and gait. I never quite 'got' the whole, "She so beautiful" rant about her looks.

by Anonymousreply 5March 12, 2022 2:54 AM

I thought she was average looking with a large nose and thin lips. What made her stand out, imo, was how insanely photogenic and charismatic she was. She was tall and thin and had beautiful cornflower colored eyes. The camera loved this women and she loved the attention and media publicly and photographed beautifully. That was her downfall, imo. She was absolutely addicted to the attention. Looking back at the pictures of her in the press during her time, I must say some of her fashion choices did not age well. That is were I think Catherine has been very clever. Years from now her clothing choices will not look as dated as Diana's do ,imo . I will always admire Diana for her courage with Aids patients. Diana was filmed touching patients, hugging them, holding their hands. At that time they were being treated like leapers. People were terrified to touch them for fear of getting infected. What she did can never be underestimated. It had a powerful effect because she was the most famous and admired person in the world at the time.

by Anonymousreply 6March 12, 2022 3:11 AM

It wasn't the looks only. I worked with a nurse who was on staff at Guy's Hospital in London one day when Diana was visiting. If you think of a 'T', Shelly was going up to the centre, and Diana was approaching the centre from the upper right. They literally ran into each other. Shelly was kind of embarrased. She said Diana was really cool, like, don't worry.

But Shelly said Diana's presence was magnificent. Magnificent doesn't accurately give a picture of what Shelly said. You had to see her say it because it was like she was beatified. You know, she was in the presence of a huge force of love.

by Anonymousreply 7March 12, 2022 3:12 AM

I thing she wore blue contacts to make her eyes stand out more. It worked.

by Anonymousreply 8March 12, 2022 3:38 AM

Think. Goodnight.

by Anonymousreply 9March 12, 2022 3:39 AM

These days? Not much.

by Anonymousreply 10March 12, 2022 4:25 AM

Not bad, considering...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 12, 2022 5:20 AM

What a mismatch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 12, 2022 6:20 AM

She constantly pushed her head down but then looked up to force the cow-eyed look. Demure for 10 seconds when she was a nobody .. but really tiring after that. It became comical.

by Anonymousreply 13March 12, 2022 6:50 AM

Tranny version of DL fave Sebastian Croft

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 12, 2022 6:54 AM

She should have smothered OP's ugly cunty face when she was alive.

by Anonymousreply 15March 12, 2022 7:01 AM

I remember how stunning she looked in that final Vanity Fair photo shoot...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 12, 2022 7:11 AM

I think of her mouth and anus as a toilet bowl. Would be fun to shoot in either one of her holes.

by Anonymousreply 17March 12, 2022 10:04 AM

British hot

by Anonymousreply 18March 12, 2022 10:42 AM

What was the point of outrunning the paparazzi? If they'd driven at the legal speed (or stayed the night at the Ritz) she might still be alive.

by Anonymousreply 19March 12, 2022 10:58 AM

I never thought she was beautiful. Her charisma + average looks made her attractive at best.

by Anonymousreply 20March 12, 2022 11:23 AM

She was an attractive woman, but certainly no beauty. She should have had that nose worked on when she was a teenager because it virtually took over her face. But she did herself up well and that helped to hide her plainness.

by Anonymousreply 21March 12, 2022 11:29 AM

She had ripened into a handsome and fruitful looking woman.

by Anonymousreply 22March 12, 2022 11:33 AM

Nice pins on her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 12, 2022 11:40 AM

I never understood why she didn't get a nose job. She would have been so much prettier.

I wonder what she thought of her nose. Anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 24March 12, 2022 3:26 PM

Is it true she was the most photographed and famous women ever?

by Anonymousreply 25March 12, 2022 8:23 PM

She was attractive though the short matronly hair cut aged her.

by Anonymousreply 26March 12, 2022 8:32 PM

Not true, R25 - she avoided the paparazzi and they had no interest in her.

She was barely recognised outside of Kensington. A complete nonentity.

by Anonymousreply 27March 12, 2022 8:57 PM

R27, who was more famous?

by Anonymousreply 28March 12, 2022 10:31 PM

June Allyson, r28.

by Anonymousreply 29March 12, 2022 10:55 PM

R28 you need to get your sarcasm meter recalibrated.

by Anonymousreply 30March 12, 2022 10:59 PM

Her nose was part of her look and who she was. If she'd had it altered it would have changed her look completely.

Remember Jennifer Grey's nose job? Successful, but the effect backfired on her.

by Anonymousreply 31March 13, 2022 12:26 AM

The English aristocracy on the whole don’t do cosmetic surgery. I recall a poster on DL suggesting that HM The Queen should consider Botox and dyeing her hair. Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 32March 13, 2022 12:36 AM

I thought she was attractive but not beautiful. Apparently she swooned over Charles, lavishing him with attention, giggling in excitement when she was with him. It soothed his ego and shored up his masculinity; this hot, 19 year old sweetie is losing her cookies over ME! Charles was aging and young Diana's attentions were very welcome. That was how he first became attracted to her; he was flattered by her youthful ardor. What a dummy.

by Anonymousreply 33March 13, 2022 12:37 AM

r12, that's a photo of Charles in his 60s next to a photo of Diana in her 30s.

Hardly a fair comparison.

by Anonymousreply 34March 13, 2022 12:39 AM

R33- Wasn't it because he was being pressured by his father to marry and Diana was one of the few acceptable virgins ( Sure she was, snicker) left in all of the kingdom?

by Anonymousreply 35March 13, 2022 1:43 AM

Diana didn't want to be pretty, R24, she wanted to be the most glamorous, most memorable woman in the world. Fixing her nose would have made her look like every other pretty young celebrity. She wanted to stand out from the crowd. She knew from very early on how to be photographed to downplay the nose and play up her eyes, hair, skin and legs.

R8, I don't know about contact lenses but she certainly wore dark blue kohl instead of black, to make her eyes look bluer. (Vivien Leigh allegedly did the same thing with green kohl for her audition.) She made it black for the Panorama interview, though, to make herself look more distressed. She also went progressively more blonde from the day of the wedding. In those last Vanity Fair shots it's going on for ash blonde.

Her early fashion choices were mostly the daggy stuff romantic young girls wore in the early 80s, but once she got a good stylist she rarely missed a beat in either clothes or makeup.

I don't think Philip was pressuring him to marry. The Firm was certainly starting to remind him he was getting on and it was his duty to produce the heir, but the specific pressure Philip is known to have put on him was to stop mucking round with Diana, who was young and (he thought) potentially vulnerable as a target of such press attention. Either marry her or drop her, was the message.

by Anonymousreply 36March 13, 2022 2:47 AM

[quote]Her early fashion choices were mostly the daggy stuff romantic young girls wore in the early 80s, but once she got a good stylist she rarely missed a beat in either clothes or makeup.

Oh look! A writer for Un-Vogue.

by Anonymousreply 37March 13, 2022 2:57 AM

R19 None.

But to give her the benefit of the doubt, she wasn’t driving. She was probably the only one in that car who had experience with the paparazzi in that situation.

We don’t know what happened in that car. He was speeding, she could have been telling him to slow down.

It’s not like the paparazzi were going to drag her out of the car and beat her ass, she wasn’t in danger.

But let people tell it, they were out to kill her! Paparazzi follow celebrities all of the time.

I think it was Prince Harry’s ex-girlfriend who said he’s developed a deep paranoia and thinks he sees paparazzi when there’s not any there. It’s like that Michael Shannon play / movie “Bugs”.

by Anonymousreply 38March 13, 2022 2:57 AM

She died because she got into a car with a drunk driver and didn’t wear a seatbelt.

It’s pretty basic but there you go.

by Anonymousreply 39March 13, 2022 3:00 AM

She had a look. You, OP, you don't have a look...

by Anonymousreply 40March 13, 2022 3:03 AM

Not traditionally pretty but she charisma and elegance and very pretty big blue eyes. I dont think the shirt hair suited her, would have liked to have seen her with longer hair, think it would have siftened up her features a bit

by Anonymousreply 41March 13, 2022 3:18 AM

Anyone think Princess Diana and Madonna lookalike?

by Anonymousreply 42March 13, 2022 3:34 AM

Both at the present moment, r42? Yes.

by Anonymousreply 43March 13, 2022 3:36 AM

She looked better once Charles was out of the picture.

by Anonymousreply 44March 13, 2022 3:41 AM

[quote] Wasn't it because he was being pressured by his father to marry and Diana was one of the few acceptable virgins ( Sure she was, snicker) left in all of the kingdom?

Charles WAS being pressured by his family to marry. And here was this teenage girl, who appeared to be ga-ga over him. She looked like she's be a good breeder; tall, good hips. And she didn't have much of a past, but a virgin? Hah! At any rate, she seemed like a good candidate for a wife for Charles. Nobody seemed to notice the little warning signs that Diana might have emotional problems; her personality quirks were seemingly overlooked and thought would disappear when she became more experienced as a Royal. They barely knew each other, but when he asked her to marry him she accepted. It was the worst mistake either of them would make in their lives. Diana's stupidity may be excused because she was just a dumb teenager, but Charles should have known better than the marry this giggly, seemingly coy and shy young girl that he barely knew. He was such an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 45March 13, 2022 3:45 AM

A huge force of love?! Wtf? A huge mess.

by Anonymousreply 46March 13, 2022 4:37 AM

The problem was that this happened in the age of media/television/tabloids. In the good old days Diana would have been the perfect bride, and when she started acting up they would simply (after the requisite heir and a couple spares) have put her out to pasture and Charles would have been free to get on with his mistresses. Without the media attention Diana would never have had the opportunity to cause so much trouble.

As for her virginity I don't find it unbelievable that she was. She's from an aristocratic family and it still mattered back then (although not for long). She would have known that her being a virgin was important to her value on the marriage (especially the royal marriage) market.

by Anonymousreply 47March 13, 2022 5:16 AM

I understand she had charisma but, looking at her photos, she was really rather plain-looking.

by Anonymousreply 48March 13, 2022 5:23 AM

She was not plain looking. She was not beautiful. She was, however, pretty and striking.

by Anonymousreply 49March 13, 2022 5:32 AM

I always thought she was ugly and had weird hair. Same with Charles though.

by Anonymousreply 50March 13, 2022 5:46 AM

She was incredibly photogenic, which is something else again.

by Anonymousreply 51March 13, 2022 5:46 AM

Why was her skin so pink? She got better looking as she aged.

by Anonymousreply 52March 13, 2022 5:50 AM

[quote] Why was her skin so pink? She got better looking as she aged.

She had fair skin and I guess the pink was her natural color. She had "roses in her cheeks."

by Anonymousreply 53March 13, 2022 5:55 AM

It was that long aristocratic English nose that made her distinctive.

by Anonymousreply 54March 13, 2022 7:27 AM

She had her moments of looking attractive.

by Anonymousreply 55March 13, 2022 5:05 PM

Not near as beautiful as Charles’ current spouse.

by Anonymousreply 56March 13, 2022 6:19 PM

Tall, blonde, fabulous legs. I think her nose was fine, the way Farrah Fawcett’s was. It gave her a distinct look, which is better than “pretty”, in my opinion. Beautiful complexion.

She had It, which made up for her lacks.

by Anonymousreply 57March 13, 2022 6:41 PM

Diana was so incredibly photogenic. That was her gift.

by Anonymousreply 58March 13, 2022 6:52 PM

She's stunningly beautiful in this 1985 interview. The hair, skin, eyes....she just shimmers. What a difference 10 years later in the Panorama interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59March 13, 2022 6:57 PM

Her hair was always the worst though. She would have looked so much better with longer hair.

by Anonymousreply 60March 13, 2022 6:59 PM

I disagree R60, the short hair was perfect with her height. And distinctive. There are some photoshopped pictures of Diana with long hair, and she doesn't look particularly special.

by Anonymousreply 61March 13, 2022 7:04 PM

Made her look matronly and old R61. Longer hair is more youthful.

by Anonymousreply 62March 13, 2022 7:06 PM

Back then, lots of young women had short hair. Looking at my yearbook, it was about 50/50. Now they all have middle-parted long hair hanging down on either side. Because that’s what straight men like and if it’s above your shoulders people think you’re a dyke.

Hardly anybody had long hair back then except the deadhead girls and the religious ones.

by Anonymousreply 63March 13, 2022 7:20 PM

Eighties hair in general was bad and Diana never really changed hers. Maybe it got less poof. Those feathered back wings shellacked into place were terrible.

by Anonymousreply 64March 13, 2022 7:24 PM

She was pretty. She wasn't beautiful and she knew it. That's why she had her wacky and extreme style:. to draw attention away from her potato mug.

by Anonymousreply 65March 13, 2022 7:31 PM

I guess it's generational. As an elder and a hairdresser manque, I miss actual hairdos involving some kind of cut and style. The long Morticia hair is extremely boring to me, and it's been prevalent for 20 years now with no end in sight.

by Anonymousreply 66March 13, 2022 7:37 PM

I agree the long flat parted in the middle aka the Goop, as I call it, needs to go. I would love some long Farrah hair again.

by Anonymousreply 67March 13, 2022 7:39 PM

Diana was really radiant as a young mother, e.g., after Prince Harry’s birth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68March 13, 2022 9:56 PM

Who was more famous: Princess Diana, Marilyn Monroe, Madonna, or Elizabeth Taylor?

by Anonymousreply 69March 13, 2022 10:57 PM

Marilyn

by Anonymousreply 70March 13, 2022 10:58 PM

R69 I think currently Diana takes the crown, as it were.

by Anonymousreply 71March 13, 2022 11:00 PM

Nope, Marilyn. The iconic sex symbol still copied.

by Anonymousreply 72March 13, 2022 11:02 PM

Marilyn

by Anonymousreply 73March 13, 2022 11:04 PM

Straight men were gaga over Di.

by Anonymousreply 74March 13, 2022 11:14 PM

I think it was her approachability, sort of an aura around her that made her attractive. While I agree she was not classically beautiful, cute and pretty at best. But strong charisma and poise can enhance a 5 or 6 to a 10.

by Anonymousreply 75March 13, 2022 11:21 PM

lolz @r75

by Anonymousreply 76March 13, 2022 11:22 PM

She was apparently an amazing flirt. Once she turned those blue eyes on you at Le Caprice, apparently most straight men didn’t have a chance.

This is lengthy but I think really captures her appeal:

by Anonymousreply 77March 14, 2022 12:04 AM

Try again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78March 14, 2022 12:06 AM

keep trying...

by Anonymousreply 79March 14, 2022 12:09 AM

She's gorgeous!

by Anonymousreply 80March 14, 2022 12:11 AM

I think most of the people claiming she's the "most gorgeous" are BRF suck ups. She was attractive and that's it.

by Anonymousreply 81March 14, 2022 12:16 AM

R79 I did something that I rarely have time to do and that was to check out your posting history, as your tragic little post made no sense to me.

Having done so, it all became clear - you’re a sad little fuckwit with nothing to say.

Go pour yourself another tumbler of Polish vodka and fuss around the cobwebs in your one room flat.

by Anonymousreply 82March 14, 2022 12:20 AM

One thing Diana did have, especially as a teen/young woman was the classic English rose complexion. Most people think 'English rose' just means pretty, young, white Englishwoman but it's actually a specific and rare variant of white. You can see in photos of her (R78 handily shows it and means I don't have to go searching google images) that she is very fair, but it's specifically that creamy, translucent kind of fair (almost blue in undertone, in certain lights), and that there is a natural pinkishness in her cheeks. Don't mistake this for ruddiness, which is what an English rose will often age into (especially if partaking in the national sport of alcoholism on a regular basis).

This complexion is very much associated with extreme youth and I'm not sure I've ever seen it in anyone over 30. Diana herself no longer had it by her late 20s. William had it briefly in his teens but no more, and Harry was always ruddy (which isn't the same thing). I'm trying to think of other examples in famous people and will post here if I remember any. I know it strikes me every time I see a photo of a young Diana - she was the epitome of 'English rose' - in her looks, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 83March 14, 2022 12:35 AM

The pictures that I found most interesting were those of when she and Charles were on their honeymoon in Scotland. They’d already been away in Britannia and she had a tan, had lost weight, her hair was blonder and she’d obviously been having the first sex of her life (yeah I know, with Charles).

It was as if the teenage girl in the taffeta wedding dress had been replaced by someone else entirely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84March 14, 2022 12:45 AM

whore

by Anonymousreply 85March 14, 2022 12:49 AM

Well that’s a bit rude, R85 - you don’t know me.

by Anonymousreply 86March 14, 2022 12:51 AM

but we all know her!

by Anonymousreply 87March 14, 2022 12:54 AM

FFS, she had rosacea. It was well controlled, but would have gotten worse with age. She didn’t have some kind of magical complexion.

I once read an article that quoted her as saying that she would have liked a nose job, but couldn’t risk something going wrong. Makes sense. By the time she married Charles, it was too late.

She was very pretty, with fantastic legs AND a great rack. By today’s standards her waist was thick and her backside flat, but her body would still be a 9.5/10 today. Add in the big blue eyes and blonde hair and you’ve got a winner. Look at Elizabeth Holmes. She’s blonde, but her hair is awful and she isn’t as attractive as Diana. But a lot of people are suckers for big blue eyes.

by Anonymousreply 88March 14, 2022 1:10 AM

I liked her Mona lisa's smile and he had very seductive eyes. I think that's what make her look memorable. 80s fashion in general seems tacky now, most of the time. That includes her of course.

by Anonymousreply 89March 14, 2022 1:12 AM

R84 I agree, that photo call is among my favorites, it really was the debut of the "new" Diana – the Princess of Wales. She looked great in the tweeds, with a cat-that-got-the-cream demeanor rather like Scarlett O'Hara on the morning after. We were starting to see how overtly she played to the cameras.

by Anonymousreply 90March 14, 2022 2:42 AM

R83, Kate Winslet had that very complexion when she was young. You can see it best in Sense and Sensibility.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91March 14, 2022 4:18 AM

R83, what do you think of Elizabeth Taylor's looks? (another English beauty)

by Anonymousreply 92March 14, 2022 4:42 AM

Where did Elizabeth get that coloring?

by Anonymousreply 93March 14, 2022 4:59 AM

I just want to be clear I was *only* commenting on the complexion (not magical at all, just rare enough that I notice it when I see it - like true natural redheads). You can have that complexion and be ugly, or not have it and be beautiful.

It doesn't seem to me that Elizabeth Taylor had it, although I haven't seen many good photos of her face when she was a teen/early 20s. Kate Winslet had it, in some photos and films (the Jane Austen films for sure, where it would have been played up).

by Anonymousreply 94March 14, 2022 5:25 AM

Lawd have mercy! White folkz sho is proud o dey lack o pigmentation ain't dey?

by Anonymousreply 95March 14, 2022 5:27 AM

R69, undoubtedly Diana. Although Taylor and doubtless Marilyn (I'm too young to remember her living) were all over the movie mags and Taylor certainly appeared regularly in the women's magazines, it was absolutely nothing compared to the press blitz that surrounded Diana every day from when Charles met her till [a surprisingly long time] after she died. Every single day she was in the newspapers, every single week she was in every women's magazine, and they all said they'd have had her on the cover every week if editorial policy had allowed, because as soon as she was, the buyer numbers for that issue went up. What's more, this was the case in pretty much every western nation.

Although nobody is disputing Marilyn's fame, I doubt she was women's magazine material. The kind of men's magazines she was in came out far less frequently than all the candyfloss printed for women.

As for Elizabeth Taylor - well, she never got to be just Elizabeth, did she? Because someone else held that title, and yet she was also being overlooked in favour of Diana.

by Anonymousreply 96March 14, 2022 12:56 PM

Elizabeth was actually born to American parents. Her father worked in England, then hightailed it back home before the war.

by Anonymousreply 97March 14, 2022 1:04 PM

She needed a nose job and her hair was bushy nd unkempt most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 98March 14, 2022 1:05 PM

Her nose was fine. It made her distinctive. I think her very British face and teeth added to her charm. It made her interesting to American audiences. Kate and Meghan while attractive just look generic like catalog clothing models. The 80s hair though... Yeah needed to go.

by Anonymousreply 99March 14, 2022 2:16 PM

Taylor was an American. Only British because England was her country of birth. Compared to their living in the US, her parents' London (Hampstead) residence is just a drop in the bucket.

by Anonymousreply 100March 14, 2022 2:19 PM

Yes Liz was American. Many white people in America are purely English descent though it's only common in isolated rural areas or among the inbred New England elite.

by Anonymousreply 101March 14, 2022 2:27 PM

R96, why don't you think Marilyn fit in the women's mags and Taylor and Diana did? Also what do you think of Madonna's fame?

by Anonymousreply 102March 14, 2022 3:41 PM

Could have been a model with her height.

by Anonymousreply 103March 14, 2022 8:11 PM

She actually did have a nose job.

by Anonymousreply 104March 14, 2022 9:53 PM

Diana was still a handsome woman when she died, but she already looked much harder than she did in her 20s. English roses really should stay out of the sun.

by Anonymousreply 105March 14, 2022 11:19 PM

R102, if Madonna had died at 36, would there have been bouquets piled so deep for so far that bulldozers had to be sent in to clear them after they became a public health hazard?

Diana had Beatles levels of fame, but because the Beatles were only famous as a group for 6 years, hers lasted much longer. In contrast to them, she also had Teflon Factor for days -- no negative story could touch her. The fact that she was a marriage-wrecker herself was completely integrated into her "victim" narrative and practically everyone bought it. (Still do, according to some recent DL threads.)

As for your other question, women in general don't like women who could, and demonstrably would, steal your husband if he interested them. Women's magazines of the Marilyn era were all about domesticity. I'm not old enough, but I could bet that when Liz stole Eddie Fisher the women's mags dropped Liz and started covering Debbie. Prior to that, Liz was pretty, married big money the first time and then had a lot of illness and the Mike Todd tragedy - all catnip to women's magazines. (Jennifer Aniston's publicist has lived well off "Poor Jen" stories ever since JA was making zillions a week on Friends.)

Women beyond their early 20s never liked Madonna. At all. The 80s was the first decade in which women got into the corporate sector en masse and started making their way in serious careers. Madonna's harping on her sexuality as the foundation of her fame seemed like a throwback, plus those same career women were doubtless worried, the more their jobs took of their time, about man-eaters stealing their husbands while they weren't looking. Her own choices of husband failed to inspire anyone either.

Madonna was certainly very famous. Everyone had heard of her, even people who listen to classical music, Desperately Seeking Susan was the cool movie for the young set, etc. But Diana's fame was a phenomenon, and it would not have happened except that the vast mass of women were in thrall to her. Straight men in general found her extremely attractive, and would laugh at a lot of the comments on this thread. I didn't trust her an inch, but man, she was a great clotheshorse and jewellery exponent.

by Anonymousreply 106March 14, 2022 11:28 PM

Pre age of plastic surgery being the norm hot.

by Anonymousreply 107March 14, 2022 11:42 PM

The irony is that Diana was just as likely to steal your husband as Marilyn, but that's optics for you.

by Anonymousreply 108March 14, 2022 11:45 PM

R106, why don't you think Elizabeth was pretty after she stole Eddie Fisher? Just wondering.

by Anonymousreply 109March 15, 2022 6:19 AM

She was still pretty, but she was no longer catnip to women, who saw her as a husband-stealer and friend-betrayer.

by Anonymousreply 110March 15, 2022 4:43 PM

R110, oh I see what you mean

by Anonymousreply 111March 16, 2022 1:59 AM

Anyone agree that Princess Diana and Paris Hilton lookalike?

by Anonymousreply 112March 16, 2022 7:44 AM

R112 What did Diana do to deserve that , gross!

by Anonymousreply 113March 16, 2022 7:47 AM

She was soo pretty before she got married but the pregnancies stress, over tanning and dyke hairsyles took most of that beauty away.

by Anonymousreply 114March 16, 2022 7:49 AM

It would have been interesting to see what happened to Diana in the age of social media. Her tendency to act first and think later might have gotten her into all kinds of trouble.

by Anonymousreply 115March 16, 2022 4:24 PM

Was Diana intelligent? Anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 116March 17, 2022 1:55 AM

Yes R116 she was famously intelligent - everybody knows that.

by Anonymousreply 117March 17, 2022 2:28 AM

“Thick as two short planks” is how she described herself.

by Anonymousreply 118March 17, 2022 2:48 AM

She wasn't very intelligent about men.

by Anonymousreply 119March 17, 2022 3:13 AM

She looked alright

by Anonymousreply 120March 17, 2022 6:54 AM

Looked best in the 80's.

by Anonymousreply 121March 19, 2022 10:23 PM

she was a 'tard!

by Anonymousreply 122March 19, 2022 10:30 PM

Diana was uneducated. Her educational equivalent was that of a high school dropout. She was a failure academically. But it was said that she could have done better but would not "apply" herself to her studies. I think that's true. I think she had no interest in books and learning. She liked pop music and dancing and shopping, that sort of thing. She had very superficial interests. She was not much when it came to intellect.

by Anonymousreply 123March 19, 2022 10:52 PM

R123 The queen is even less educated. Her manly grandmother thought it was best she learned tea etiquette over reading books.

by Anonymousreply 124March 19, 2022 11:01 PM

She was photogenic in the way of a top screen actress: Like many actresses of the studio era, they were attractive in still photos, and radiantly beautiful on moving film. Diana was like that, she looked good in still photos, but startlingly beautiful on film and video.

I have no idea why the film camera loves some people this way, it seems to be something a few people are just born with. But it was something that no other Royal has ever had, and which Diana used to her advantage.

by Anonymousreply 125March 19, 2022 11:01 PM

I read that it has to do with how your three-dimensional face translates into the two dimensions of a photo. Some faces just look great in two dimensions. Many others not so much.

by Anonymousreply 126March 19, 2022 11:04 PM

R125 She had charisma too and knew how to make you root for her. She was not book smart but was very clever.

by Anonymousreply 127March 19, 2022 11:05 PM

Princess Diana on moving film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128March 19, 2022 11:55 PM

She was not stupid. Undereducated, yes, but had raw intelligence. Just listen to that special “Diana in her own words.” She was troubled for sure, but in no way stupid. She got the job when she was 19 and she handled herself very well in many ways.

by Anonymousreply 129March 20, 2022 12:22 AM

[quote] She got the job when she was 19 and she handled herself very well in many ways.

She didn't "get the job" because of her intelligence. She got it because was attractive and looked like she'd be a good breeder and salved Charles's ego by acting all besotted and giggly when she was with him. She didn't "handle herself well" very much. She would break into tears in public and could not give a speech to save her life. What she DID do was touch people; hug people, cuddle children, that kind of slop. Some people were absolutely bowled over by that; a Royal touching the common people like that! But it didn't take brains to do soppy stuff like that.

by Anonymousreply 130March 20, 2022 1:19 AM

R130 Don’t be so harsh. It was a huge job, performed on the world stage in a way most of us can’t imagine, and for the most part she did handle it well for the first decade - publicly. Everybody loved her. It was only later that the real trouble started.

by Anonymousreply 131March 20, 2022 1:38 AM

R131, what trouble started later?

by Anonymousreply 132March 20, 2022 2:43 AM

R132 She had some complaints, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 133March 20, 2022 2:51 AM

The trouble started even before they were married. Numerous Diana biographies talk about her hysterics and disordered eating during the engagement period, once the ring was on her finger and the doors of the golden cage slammed shut. The problems continued during the honeymoon and beyond. She and Charles were only really happy during their early courtship and that was only because they rarely saw each other. A match made in hell.

by Anonymousreply 134March 20, 2022 2:54 AM

I like her prominent nose - it kept her from looking cutesy.

by Anonymousreply 135March 20, 2022 2:56 AM

Reminded me of Marilyn Monroe.

by Anonymousreply 136March 20, 2022 6:23 AM

What I never understood is why she couldn’t just enjoy the ride and ignore Charles and Camilla. I don’t they loved each other much after getting married and she could sleep with other guys as long as she was discreet.

by Anonymousreply 137March 20, 2022 7:46 AM

Amen, R137. Also, why didn't she and Dodi just stop outside the Ritz, stand still and smile for a few photos, then go safely on their way? If they were being chased even – so what? Just ignore the photographers and tell the driver to take it extra easy, pests on the road. Of course, he was drunk.

by Anonymousreply 138March 20, 2022 2:07 PM

Diana was a classic borderline. It doesn't matter how much they have, they can only focus on what they don't have. They put people on pedestals or treat them like shit. Once Diana became disillusioned with her Prince Charming, she was never going to be able to tolerate a marriage that was basically a business partnership.

by Anonymousreply 139March 20, 2022 2:59 PM

Every monarch's marriage is, to some extent, a business partnership. You're not just marrying a person, you're marrying into a family business that's very strict about assigning each family member a job, with no changes or resignation possible, and the world's slowest promotions.

Diana should have damn well known that, she was raised in the aristocracy and knew as much about the royals as any "commoner". And Charles should have damn well known that no 19-year-old non-royal could really understand what it means to take on a lifetime job. But the Palace wanted him to marry a virgin, and there just aren't that many good-looking virgins who are old enough and worldly enough to have a good grasp of the situation.

by Anonymousreply 140March 20, 2022 4:23 PM

The virgin thing was so stupid even for 1981. Most aristocratic women in their mid-to-late twenties, which would have been the best age for Charles' bride, had had a lover or two. As long as they parted with the boyfriend on good terms and could be sure he wouldn't run to the press, that should have been sufficient.

His second cousin Amanda Knatchbull would have been a good match for him. She and Charles knew and liked each other, and Amanda was 23/24 during the time Charles was really looking to get married, as well as a college graduate. Charles/Amanda was the marriage Uncle Dickie Mountbatten had been plotting for years (Amanda was his granddaughter), but his assassination put paid to it. Had he lived, things might have been very different.

by Anonymousreply 141March 20, 2022 5:00 PM

Amanda Knatchbull was a frightfully plain young woman. Diana had ELEGANZA.

by Anonymousreply 142March 20, 2022 7:53 PM

Here's the young Amanda. Bring in a team of top stylists, and she'd have looked as good as the Duchess of Cambridge does today!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143March 21, 2022 12:17 AM

She certainly wouldn't have looked worse.

As a young woman, Amanda was cute and had a nice bod. She wouldn't have been incandescent like Diana, but that might have been for the best. Charles wouldn't have had to deal with Diana's spotlight-stealing or emotional issues. It's also unlikely Amanda would have birthed a son as thick as Harry Windsor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144March 21, 2022 12:36 AM

Knatchbull looks like Robin Gibb of The Bee Gees.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145March 21, 2022 1:14 AM

I'm glad he married Diana, so that we got to have Diana!

by Anonymousreply 146March 21, 2022 2:14 AM

The only problem with Amanda Knatchbull is that he asked her and she said no.

by Anonymousreply 147March 21, 2022 3:43 AM

She never looked like the type that would boil your bunny, but spurn her attentions and she would.

by Anonymousreply 148March 21, 2022 4:59 AM

Diana was cute

by Anonymousreply 149March 21, 2022 7:42 AM

R137 Diana was a modern woman. The Royal family was stuck in the 19th century! Diana spoke her mind and didn’t fake happiness. She was very unhappy, if you only live once why would you spend your entire life that way.

by Anonymousreply 150March 21, 2022 7:55 AM

In the real world, she would have been considered cute young woman or "kind of pretty" but not sexy or beautiful in a model sort of way. But as a Royal family member she was like an 11! Totally out of their league. Like a star had just walked into the room. You practically have to look like an old horse to blend in to that family. Looking at you Camilla Parker Bowles.

That's why the media went ape shit crazy about Diana. Finally a young somewhat photogenic Royal family member that didn't crack the camera lens.

by Anonymousreply 151March 21, 2022 8:28 AM

R151 Plus she made that inbred German family more British.

by Anonymousreply 152March 21, 2022 8:39 AM

It's true that Knatchbull said no, but that was directly the result of the murder of her grandfather: She wanted nothing to do with Royal life at that point. Had Mountbatten not been assassinated, she might have been amenable to becoming Princess of Wales.

That said, she and Charles WERE second cousins, so it's probably just as well. That family doesn't need more inbreeding.

by Anonymousreply 153March 21, 2022 3:47 PM

Diana and Madonna lookalike

by Anonymousreply 154March 21, 2022 9:17 PM

R124, Queen Mary was progressive for her day. She took Elizabeth and Margaret to museums and made damn sure they were educated. WTF are you on about?

by Anonymousreply 155March 21, 2022 11:53 PM

Yes, it was the Queen Mother who thought it more important for women to be charming and sociable than educated.

Queen Mary was very intelligent and spoke several languages. She had the memory and taste of a trained museum curator and transformed the royal collections.

by Anonymousreply 156March 22, 2022 2:19 AM

I've always thought Diana had a quality similar to Julie Andrews. English Rose, yes, but something more. An innate elegance and sparkle. If Diana had been an actress/singer in 1965, she could have played Maria Von Trapp to perfection.

by Anonymousreply 157March 22, 2022 2:43 AM

Diana’s beautiful translucent complexion that she had as a teenager is typically seen in strawberry blondes and redheads. Diana’s natural hair color was a reddish light brown. As she got older she went blonde and started tanning which eventually gave her a rather hard look.

by Anonymousreply 158March 22, 2022 3:26 AM

Her kind nature whether you agree with it or not did radiate out from within. That made her look more beautiful. Unlike the hardened old broad horse types like Camilla they normally go for in the Royal family.

by Anonymousreply 159March 22, 2022 9:41 AM

R159 Charles the turd preferred Camilla because she is a whore. Whoredom runs in Camila’s genes. Her great great grandmother was Edward VII’s whore.

by Anonymousreply 160March 22, 2022 9:51 AM

Yes, Camilla was and is a whore. But as we all know, whores are not the most radiant or kink spirit type. When they get old they get even worse. The equivalent of bull dyke hard drinking dock worker in a dress.

by Anonymousreply 161March 22, 2022 9:57 AM

She was a basic bitch!

by Anonymousreply 162March 22, 2022 11:51 AM

Yes, Camilla, we know how you feel, isnt it a little early in the morning to be drinking your fifth Scotch and water?

by Anonymousreply 163March 22, 2022 12:03 PM

Diana's ancestor Georgiana Spencer, Duchess of Devonshire, fucked around on her husband and had a child by one of her lovers.

Whoredom is everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 164March 22, 2022 1:51 PM

R160 Hey! Do you have something against someone being a whore?

Asking for a friend...

by Anonymousreply 165March 22, 2022 3:03 PM

Di should have been an actress

by Anonymousreply 166March 23, 2022 1:00 AM

Di 4 life

by Anonymousreply 167March 23, 2022 4:47 AM

Compared to the rest of the Royal family during that time “Stunning.”

However, she had a. star quality about her that made her sparkle ✨.. Not to mention the fabulous clothes she used to wear.. Diana was a sharp dresser for sure.

by Anonymousreply 168March 23, 2022 5:37 AM

Sadly, the Royal family mainly goes for Dames and Broads over feminine women with soft features and gentle spirits and a sense of style.

by Anonymousreply 169March 23, 2022 9:45 AM

[quote]Diana's ancestor Georgiana Spencer, Duchess of Devonshire, fucked around on her husband and had a child by one of her lovers. Whoredom is everywhere.

Really? You are going to a great-great-great-great aunt of Diana as your example of how Camila family of Whores are the same? That's quite a stretch Camilla, even for a horse of your stride. Shouldn't you be preparing for a trip to the glue factory soon?

by Anonymousreply 170March 23, 2022 9:52 AM

"Di should have been an actress"

Being an actor is MUCH harder work than being a royal! It involves training and skill, unlike being a royal!

But Diana wasn't brought up to do any kind of job, for all her rebellion wasn't about to work for a living like us peasants. And even if she was willing to rebel against the royal family, she wasn't willing to rebel against her upbringing, and work instead of marrying well. She was trying to marry a second filthy rich bastard when she died.

by Anonymousreply 171March 23, 2022 5:42 PM

She could have been Queen of Britain!

She was an idiot!

by Anonymousreply 172March 23, 2022 8:28 PM

Anyone think there was anything wrong with her face besides her nose? Just wondering.

by Anonymousreply 173March 23, 2022 11:57 PM

Pretty ugly

by Anonymousreply 174March 23, 2022 11:59 PM

At this point, rather bony.

by Anonymousreply 175March 24, 2022 12:17 AM

Camilla will never have an iconic scream named after her. Well maybe if someone catches her naked on the toilet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176March 24, 2022 12:56 AM

I looked up Georgiana, R164, and found quite a loud historical echo:

[quote]Georgiana married William Cavendish, 5th Duke of Devonshire, on 7 June 1774, her 17th birthday. The Duke was extremely reserved and ill-matched to the emotionally demonstrative Georgiana. She in turn was unprepared for her duties as Duchess and hungry for affection. The Duke already had a mistress, Charlotte Spencer, with whom he had a daughter, Charlotte Williams. All he required of Georgiana was to provide him with an heir and this she seemed unable to do. Starved of the affection she craved, Georgiana threw herself into the fashionable world. The Duchess became the darling of the Beau Monde. Where Georgiana led, the town followed.

by Anonymousreply 177March 24, 2022 9:51 AM

Yes, there are definitely parallels!

by Anonymousreply 178March 24, 2022 4:52 PM

She does have beautiful eyes

by Anonymousreply 179March 24, 2022 6:40 PM

As I said on the tiara threads... her sapphire-blue eyes matched her best jewels, so hers was the rare case of someone's magnificent kings-ransom accessories being flattering, as well as impressive!

It's the opposite with Camilla. With her, she looks like she's having fun wearing her huge jewels, so it's flattering in a way, but well! With Diana, the pearls and sapphires enhanced her beauty, and that's really rare for a royal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180March 24, 2022 7:10 PM

Diana was striking

by Anonymousreply 181March 25, 2022 4:43 AM

R180 Camila has had her huge Jowls for over 50 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182March 25, 2022 9:34 AM

OMG r182, what a fucking ugly bride!

by Anonymousreply 183March 26, 2022 2:52 AM

Camilla looks familiar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184March 26, 2022 2:54 AM

She has the type of beauty found in classic art and old statues. Not perfect, but striking.

by Anonymousreply 185March 26, 2022 3:42 AM

Attractive in her 20's

by Anonymousreply 186March 26, 2022 10:37 PM

To a gay guy, maybe. Straight men drooled over her her whole life.

by Anonymousreply 187March 27, 2022 12:26 PM

Diana, I mean.

by Anonymousreply 188March 27, 2022 12:27 PM

R187, what do you think it was that made straight men drool over Diana? Just wondering.

by Anonymousreply 189March 27, 2022 5:43 PM

Blonde hair, big blue eyes, long legs, and nice tits. It's not rocket science.

by Anonymousreply 190March 27, 2022 7:11 PM

But also the way she'd lower her chin and lock eyes. There's some video around showing Diana close up on a receiving line and she's intensely sultry. Wish I could find it.

by Anonymousreply 191March 27, 2022 7:15 PM

Found the clip. Imagine being on the receiving end of that charm offensive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192March 27, 2022 7:52 PM

Such a beautiful woman but could never charm her husband. The ultimate irony.

by Anonymousreply 193March 27, 2022 8:05 PM

Attitude! The old "Life is 15% what happens to me and 85% how I react to it."

Saying to herself "My husband prefers another woman to me. They're both unattractive so the should be together. Thank God! I've got the pill, an IUD, beauty, and world-wide fame. Primo dick! Here I come!" would have made all the difference.

by Anonymousreply 194March 27, 2022 8:35 PM

R193 Diana wouldn’t use a strap on to fuck him like whoremilla!

by Anonymousreply 195March 27, 2022 8:40 PM

R190, what about her nose though?

by Anonymousreply 196March 27, 2022 10:39 PM

R196 you are trying to impose shallow American standards of beauty on her.

She had an aristocratic nose, which makes sense, as she was an aristocrat.

Not a B list Hollywood celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 197March 27, 2022 10:42 PM

[quote] Charles the turd preferred Camilla because she is a whore. Whoredom runs in Camila’s genes.

Whoredom must have run in Diana's genes too, because a long line of men got into her knickers while she was married to Charles. Actually, slut might be a better term to use. Slutdom was in Diana's genes.

by Anonymousreply 198March 28, 2022 12:53 AM

@ R197 - so what say you about Anthony Recker's aristocratic....uh.... ASS?

by Anonymousreply 199March 28, 2022 11:54 AM

Diana reminded me of Marilyn Monroe.

by Anonymousreply 200March 28, 2022 7:42 PM

Memories of her very public messed up life and all of that 80s hair just make looking at photos of her now annoying.

by Anonymousreply 201March 29, 2022 7:22 PM

She had nice legs

by Anonymousreply 202March 31, 2022 5:10 AM

Put a saddle on her.

by Anonymousreply 203March 31, 2022 5:33 AM

[quote] I disagree [R60], the short hair was perfect with her height. And distinctive. There are some photoshopped pictures of Diana with long hair, and she doesn't look particularly special

Agreed. She would look generic with long hair.

Her styles were ugly, but the length is perfect. If she had a short sharp bob or a pixie or that slicked back look she wore once or twice she’d look cooler and more contemporary.

The other issue is accessories. I loathe ROYAL JEWELLERY. Faux-rococo gaudy sapphires surrounded by pears and/or diamonds are hideous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204March 31, 2022 12:28 PM

R191 gays should not attempt to judge female beauty. Have a straight person choose your beards.

by Anonymousreply 205March 31, 2022 3:32 PM

Diana did grow her hair at one point. I remember her wearing it in the daytime with sidecombs. There was an enormous public outcry (well, media outcry), everyone against it.

There is a famous clip where she's going in to dinner and she turns to the camera and primps her hair - it's because that's it's long period and she has it in an up-do. She's saying Look, it's different! There was so much complaint about the new look that it only lasted a week or two after she premiered it.

by Anonymousreply 206April 3, 2022 11:35 AM

The story goes, Charles saw Diana with her briefly longer hair up in the side combs and cracked, "You look like Vera Lynn."

by Anonymousreply 207April 3, 2022 1:38 PM

A lot of women look better with shorter hair, and that's doubly true after age 30. The current trend of yoga moms in beachy waves cascading down their backs does them no favors.

by Anonymousreply 208April 3, 2022 5:12 PM

Is this the Diana as Vera Lynn look? I like it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209April 3, 2022 6:19 PM

Post-partum Diana with luxuriant flaxen locks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210April 3, 2022 6:24 PM

R209 It's nice enough but it's just not "Diana."

by Anonymousreply 211April 3, 2022 6:47 PM

I think Kate should try side combs. Long hair doesn’t suit a middle aged wife and mother.

by Anonymousreply 212April 3, 2022 6:49 PM

I liked her slightly longer hair she looked great.

by Anonymousreply 213April 3, 2022 6:56 PM

Compared to the blood members of the Royal Family she was good-looking. She didn't have the close-set eyes, etc.

She had a perfect figure for the '80s, was tall. She did have a plank-like figure, no hips, decent chest. Thin.

Her "imperfections" (large nose) actually did make her distinctive.

Agree that, with long hair, she would have been prettier in a more youthful way. The short hair also made her distinctive and gave her character.

A poster above said that 50% of girls / women had short hair back then and I disagree. Longer hair was more popular then and now.

I liked the blue eyeliner (on lower waterline) that she wore.

I also liked when she wore that necklace on her forehead.

by Anonymousreply 214April 3, 2022 7:31 PM

The problem with Diana's longer hair was that when she grew it out, she grew it into an 80's BIG HAIR 'do.

The soft short hairdos fluffed out around her face and softened her angular features, plus, she always looked her best when done up with an elegant simplicity. Some of her looks overwhelmed her, like her damn wedding gown, what suited her best weren't great bit looks, but things that let her real beauty and her sapphires shine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215April 4, 2022 12:42 AM

Yes, R209, that's it. That event, and the evening one where she pats her up-do, may be the only ones where it was photographed, it was so fleeting.

I was really sorry she didn't persist. The 80s was Bling City and she could have had endless glamorous up-dos with jewelled hairpins, tiaras, etc. She should've responded to the Vera Lynn crack with the standard Patridge Family children's refrain: "WHO??"

R215, if you think that's big hair, you missed the 80s. If your hair didn't stand up at least the width of your forehead above your head, you weren't trying. (See Fran Drescher, Cindy Crawford.) That 'do of Diana's is just ordinary long hair that's been set in curlers for some body and then combed out. No perming, no teasing, no crimping-iron work: not even hairgel. Fair for today, but a poor effort by the standards of the day.

by Anonymousreply 216April 4, 2022 12:47 PM

Here's a bunch of pictures of young Di with her real hair color. She sure did blossom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217April 5, 2022 2:47 AM

I find those young picture of her better. She looked very naturally pretty. I guess I really don’t like the 80s hair.

by Anonymousreply 218April 5, 2022 3:43 AM

Diana was always considered the beauty of her family. Her look in those Instagram pictures was totally in tune with the late 70s.

by Anonymousreply 219April 7, 2022 4:38 PM

White trash with a title!

by Anonymousreply 220April 7, 2022 4:42 PM

I like her natural hair color better than the one we all know her with.

Judging by the pics posted by R217, George does look quite a lot like her. He's not a spitting image of her, but he used to look more like Kate's dad when he was a baby and a toddler. Those days are gone.

by Anonymousreply 221April 7, 2022 4:55 PM

Diana took after her mother, the very blonde and leggy Frances Fermoy. Her sisters and brother took after the plain and ruddy Spencers.

Those stunning looks originated with Diana's American great-grandmother, Frances Work. A very close resemblance given the generations separating them--but then, the same thing happened with HM and Princess Charlotte.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222April 7, 2022 5:03 PM

r206 - Wasn't the media uproar because she debuted the longer hairstyle at the opening of Parliament? As per usual, she made sure the focus was on her.

by Anonymousreply 223April 7, 2022 5:31 PM

Here's Diana out and about in a wig disguise. Veddy plain. That blonde helmet was KEY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224April 7, 2022 10:06 PM

R224, I don't think that's her

by Anonymousreply 225April 7, 2022 10:09 PM

"Judging by the pics posted by [R217], George does look quite a lot like her."

William looked a lot like her when he was young, he had her height, her spectacular coloring, and her lovely complexion. But we all know what happened, the youthful coloring faded, the hair took off, and Charles's bone structure came out. [Dramatic sigh] I DO hope George will be more fortunate.

Anyway, I think Di was right to put some highlights in her golden hair, the lighter gold photographed better than the natural color. And she was also right to avoid the heavy makeup that was fashionable in the 1980s, girls didn't consider themselves fully dressed unless they had gloss red lipstick, dramatic streaks of blusher, heavily penciled brows, 25 shades of eye shadow and liner, etc. Diana (or her stylists) let her lovely natural coloring shine, or at least wore makeup that wasn't far off of her lovely natural coloring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226April 7, 2022 10:10 PM

Here are more shots of young copper haired Diana. In picture number three we see the formidable glamour icon to come.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227April 10, 2022 8:10 PM

She looked like a power lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 228April 10, 2022 8:22 PM

If Diana hadn't met Charles, she might have gotten into modeling. She had the height, the complexion, and the figure (when she watched her diet). I'm sure her agent would have insisted on a nose job, though.

by Anonymousreply 229April 10, 2022 8:30 PM

You're right about the 3rd photo, R227. Whatever 'it' was that Diana had, you can see it plain a day in that photo.

Also from the link:

[quote]"Diana described the episode to many of her friends. “I remember her telling me about her mother leaving,” Cosima Somerset said, “that it was the most painful thing in her life, that the children weren’t told why she was leaving, and that she was leaving permanently.” Diana’s abandonment became a central feature of her psychology. “Her mother left at the moment Diana adored her,” said Diana’s friend Elsa Bowker. “Diana told me she loved her father, but he couldn’t replace [her] mother. She said to me, ‘I have been unhappy all my life.’ ”

People being abused doesn't excuse their own bad behaviour so understand I am not attempting to make excuses for Diana here but damn, being abandoned like that, so brutally, by your own mother - and without explanation! No wonder she was a fucking mess. The Spencer men are generally tyrannical assholes as well so it's not like she had that side of the family to turn to for comfort.

by Anonymousreply 230April 11, 2022 12:29 AM

Diana's mother thought she'd keep custody of Diana and her brother (the older sisters were already at boarding school). Johnnie Spencer used his influence to wrest custody away in court and have Frances painted a bolter.

by Anonymousreply 231April 11, 2022 12:33 AM

R229, I was told she had two nose jobs. One when William was born and the other when the red destruction crawled out of her womb.

by Anonymousreply 232April 11, 2022 1:00 AM

Pretty smile

by Anonymousreply 233April 11, 2022 3:15 AM

"I am not attempting to make excuses for Diana here but damn, being abandoned like that, so brutally, by your own mother "

Her mother didn't abandon her, as stated above, her father used his influence to prevent his ex-wife from having shared custody or any contact with their children... .regardless of how badly the severed relationship and subsequent stepmother fucked up the kids.

The father was to blame for Diana's psychological trauma, not the mother, and watch some assholes try to find a way to blame the mother anyway! They're probably the same ones blaming Jada for Will's career suicide.

by Anonymousreply 234April 11, 2022 4:51 AM

Frances also later said that Johnnie was physically abusive. He was certainly emotionally abusive, forcing his wife to undergo painful and invasive medical tests after her first two children were female. This, in a time when medical science already knew that the father determines the baby's sex. Francis gave birth to a son who died just after birth (apparently the baby had substantial deformities) and was never allowed to hold or even see him).

She married at 17 and endured 6 pregnancies in 9 years. You can't really blame her for wanting out after she found a more sympathetic husband. She planned to keep the youngest children with her but her titled ex-husband put paid to that, and both Diana and Charles were never the same afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 235April 11, 2022 12:00 PM

She was tall and wore clothes well. She was photogenic. She had style for that time. She had charisma and empathy.....the right formula for world fame, plus being associated with the Royals.

by Anonymousreply 236April 11, 2022 1:27 PM

Looked best in the 80's

by Anonymousreply 237April 11, 2022 10:09 PM

awg!

by Anonymousreply 238April 11, 2022 10:59 PM

[quote]I was told she had two nose jobs. One when William was born and the other when the red destruction crawled out of her womb.

Is that a joke? If not, you must have forgotten she appeared with the babies on the steps of the hospital no more than two days after the births, her complexion as glowing as ever, and not wearing sunglasses.

by Anonymousreply 239April 15, 2022 12:02 PM

Okay, I had a friend who was obsessed with Diana back in the 1980s, and she swore that Diana had the nose job during the William maternity leave. She didn't have it while she was in the hospital pushing out the baby, she had it when she took some weeks out of the public eye afterwards.

Perhaps Diana's nose did seem to lose a bit of its aristocratic prominence at the time. But if a nose job was done it was very very subtle, not the usual Hollywood nubbin.

by Anonymousreply 240April 16, 2022 12:29 AM

That's the sign of really good plastic surgery--it's not obvious.

by Anonymousreply 241April 16, 2022 3:01 AM

Diana may have had a subtle nose job later to straighten out her bridge. Not during the William pregnancy though, as her nose is still crooked here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242April 16, 2022 3:03 AM

Wow, Baby George looked like Baby William.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243April 16, 2022 3:04 AM

Diana's nose looks straighter here, in 1995.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244April 16, 2022 3:06 AM

I don't believe she had a nose job

by Anonymousreply 245April 16, 2022 3:07 AM

It's possible she just got a better makeup artist. They can do a lot with contour.

by Anonymousreply 246April 16, 2022 3:08 AM

Princess Diana looked like Sharon Stone.

by Anonymousreply 247April 17, 2022 4:41 AM

Sharon Stone has far more regular features.

by Anonymousreply 248April 17, 2022 4:46 AM

R248, which features are more regular?

by Anonymousreply 249April 17, 2022 5:04 AM

She was homely. I really thought a prince could do better but he basically got his equal. His son's have done no better.

by Anonymousreply 250April 17, 2022 5:11 AM

Her nose, for one.

by Anonymousreply 251April 17, 2022 5:12 AM

Based on those photos, which show minimal difference, Diana might have had a deviated septum and had it corrected. That's not a plastic surgery operation, and there are good medical reasons to do it, but if the septum deviates a lot to one side the nose might appear a bit straighter afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 252April 18, 2022 4:43 AM

R251, what do you think was wrong with Diana's nose? Just wondering.

by Anonymousreply 253April 23, 2022 12:12 AM

I heard Harry used to dig her up and poke her with sticks.

Ask him.

by Anonymousreply 254April 23, 2022 12:44 AM

by Anonymousreply 255May 3, 2022 11:10 PM

Not beautiful. By her own admission. But the camera loved her. Same as Jackie O. But she was definitely better looking than Jackie.

by Anonymousreply 256May 3, 2022 11:19 PM

Fucking cunt troll, this OP is. I have blocked it but these fucking threads still show up. There is no torture that is too good for this fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 257May 4, 2022 12:44 AM

by Anonymousreply 258May 5, 2022 6:18 AM

Looked like Marilyn Monroe

by Anonymousreply 259May 6, 2022 3:41 AM

Nope

by Anonymousreply 260May 11, 2022 1:20 AM

I think she was gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 261May 11, 2022 1:40 AM

R261, who do you think is the most beautiful woman ever? Just wondering

by Anonymousreply 262May 13, 2022 11:51 PM

She was beautiful, even though she shouldn't have been. Her nose was too big, her mouth was too small, her jaw too masculine... yet, she was beautiful!

I have no idea how that works.

by Anonymousreply 263May 13, 2022 11:55 PM

She was authentic.

People liked that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264May 13, 2022 11:59 PM

It never would’ve worked if she’d been short.

by Anonymousreply 265May 14, 2022 12:22 AM

R265, why? just wondering

by Anonymousreply 266May 14, 2022 12:28 AM

R266 it’s hard to put into words other than her commanding height was a huge part of her presence and ability to look stunning in clothes.

by Anonymousreply 267May 14, 2022 12:57 AM

R267, i get what you mean

by Anonymousreply 268May 14, 2022 8:19 PM

mental cunt!

by Anonymousreply 269May 14, 2022 8:24 PM

R269, who?

by Anonymousreply 270May 18, 2022 6:37 AM

I thought she was cute and fresh faced looking when she was first engaged to Charles but as her marriage took a turn for the worse she became too thin and almost horse faced. The unhappiness no longer remained hidden and she wasn't pretty anymore.

by Anonymousreply 271May 18, 2022 7:35 AM

R271, why horse faced? Just wondering

by Anonymousreply 272May 19, 2022 3:57 AM

Pretty.

by Anonymousreply 273May 27, 2022 9:31 PM

Beauty queen

by Anonymousreply 274May 29, 2022 12:07 AM

Pretty lips

by Anonymousreply 275May 29, 2022 3:49 AM

Looked like madonna

by Anonymousreply 276May 30, 2022 5:35 PM

Lady Diana had the nose, eyes and facial structure of a Pre-Raphaelite madonna. Had she kept her natural hair colour and grown out her luxurious locks, she would've looked exactly like the lady in this Dante Gabriel Rossetti painting:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277May 30, 2022 8:17 PM

This photo makes the similarity even more obvious:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278May 30, 2022 8:19 PM

And here she looks like Bill Clinton:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279May 30, 2022 8:24 PM

R279, how so?

by Anonymousreply 280May 30, 2022 8:53 PM

R280 in the face and hair

by Anonymousreply 281May 30, 2022 8:56 PM

Nope

by Anonymousreply 282June 2, 2022 12:43 AM

Looks like Grace Kelly

by Anonymousreply 283June 5, 2022 2:49 AM

A beauty

by Anonymousreply 284June 7, 2022 1:22 AM

It is so strange that she could look beautiful in one photo/pose, and positivity unattractive/plain in the next photo. I do think it depended on the angle she posed in because of her large nose and thin lips. Also when her anorexia was at it's most severe just before they sperated, Diana never looked good or healthy. She looked very ill and was scary skinny and had a very unhealthy, pale pallor that even tanning could not hide, imo. I remember she once went to a public event with her hair up and people had a hissy fit, lol. That hairstyle never looked good on her, again, because of her large nose. She looked her best right after/during her honeymoon and during both of her pregnancies, then the stage of her life after Charles. She didn't purge therefore she wasn't losing nutrients and dysregulating her electrolytes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285June 8, 2022 8:19 AM

R285- The photo with her hair worn up. The link below is a photo of a very sickly Diana, asleep at a public event.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286June 8, 2022 8:24 AM

True

by Anonymousreply 287July 30, 2022 4:02 AM

Looks like Charlize Theron

by Anonymousreply 288July 31, 2022 2:54 AM

Looks like Elizabeth Taylor

by Anonymousreply 289August 4, 2022 6:04 PM

Looks like Pamela Anderson

by Anonymousreply 290August 7, 2022 7:03 AM

Huytg

by Anonymousreply 291August 14, 2022 3:26 AM

True

by Anonymousreply 292August 18, 2022 4:59 AM

Okay looking

by Anonymousreply 293August 20, 2022 4:58 AM

Looks like madonna

by Anonymousreply 294August 22, 2022 12:14 AM

Hgjk

by Anonymousreply 295August 23, 2022 6:10 AM

She had great pins.

by Anonymousreply 296August 26, 2022 10:51 PM

Nope

by Anonymousreply 297August 30, 2022 1:12 AM

Gorgeous! The Queen of my heart!!!!

by Anonymousreply 298August 30, 2022 1:15 AM

Yep.

by Anonymousreply 299October 9, 2022 12:40 AM

Nice

by Anonymousreply 300October 9, 2022 5:17 PM

Nose too small

by Anonymousreply 301October 10, 2022 1:18 AM

She did NOT have looks like Grace Kelly, or Elizabeth Taylor or Charlize Theron or Pamela Anderson or Marilyn Monroe. Lots of lunatic trolls on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 302October 10, 2022 3:00 AM

R302, what about Madonna's looks?

by Anonymousreply 303November 18, 2022 11:41 PM

Beautiful

by Anonymousreply 304November 29, 2022 11:11 PM

Nose too small

by Anonymousreply 305December 3, 2022 6:00 PM

Radiant

by Anonymousreply 306December 8, 2022 5:32 AM

Face

by Anonymousreply 307January 21, 2023 12:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!