Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone watched “FRESH” starring Sebastian Stan?

Is it good? Dying to see it!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 31, 2022 4:33 AM

I really liked it. I thought it was well written, underplayed, and had a lot of layers—and humor without being campy. It eventually degenerated into a Grand Guignol ending, but how could it not?

by Anonymousreply 1March 7, 2022 2:52 AM

Nothing special. Watched it while ironing, it’s interesting enough for background noise. Really bad abuse of the “black best friend “ trope.

by Anonymousreply 2March 7, 2022 9:18 AM

I found Fresh very creepy, and when I saw that they are positioning it as a dark comedy, I was quite surprised. The chills—and to me not fun ones—are there, but the laughs? I must have no sense of humor. (Always possible.) Sebastian Stan is very attractive and a very good actor. But you can currently see him in Pam and Tommy, which has its own unpleasant—more like sad, not exploitative—moments: Much more entertaining in every way and the Pam Anderson ( Lily James) is really, really good, creating much sympathy for the real Pam.

by Anonymousreply 3March 7, 2022 11:17 PM

If it's what I think it's about based on the trailer - girl meets guy on a dating app, falls madly in love with him, he turns out to be a cannibal - I may have to pass on this one.

by Anonymousreply 4March 8, 2022 12:50 AM

Thumbs up from me.

by Anonymousreply 5March 8, 2022 2:06 AM

Sebastian Stan is in it. I give it a raging boner up.

by Anonymousreply 6March 8, 2022 2:08 AM

R4 They met in a supermarket. Wink wink. Get it?

by Anonymousreply 7March 8, 2022 4:25 AM

I liked it! Definitely for horror fans of Hannibal, Get Out, and/or the Scream series (I love all three). Had a pro-female solidarity theme without being over-the-top preachy or unrealistic (looking at you, 355). Sebastian Stan was having a blast playing the narcissist serial killer, and he and Daisy Edgar Jones had believable chemistry. It became clear as the movie went on that the Black Best Friend, Mollie, wasn't just there to provide sex jokes and sass (I'll leave it at that).

by Anonymousreply 8March 19, 2022 7:56 PM

Who the hell is Sebastian Stan? Anyway, the trailer makes it look like that tv show You. Which isn't good.

by Anonymousreply 9March 19, 2022 8:07 PM

I had to walk away from it. It is indeed similar to "Hannibal" in tone and plot, but the world was a different place when I watched that series and enjoyed it very much. "Fresh" would have been a thumbs-up for me at a time when the news wasn't showing the horrors of war in Europe every day. Maybe I'll come back to it when the war is over and Putin is dead.

by Anonymousreply 10March 19, 2022 8:24 PM

Liked it. A true black comedy, with mild gore (the gore is implied, as they aren’t really eating people). And Sebastian is captivating every time he’s onscreen, ever.

by Anonymousreply 11March 23, 2022 11:10 PM

I read the plot. Too gory for me

by Anonymousreply 12March 23, 2022 11:58 PM

It sucks but just slightly less than most other streaming service attempts at features. The writing is atrocious and they don't bring anything new to the table with the whole "kidnapped in a basement" trope. Daisy Edgar Jones was the wrong choice for this role as she does not come off as an American woman nor is her accent good. That said, the script was not supporting anyone in this either. It's a "woke" movie and therefore does not have any nuance going on.

by Anonymousreply 13March 24, 2022 12:36 AM

I skimmed through it but it was not my cup of tea. I really don't get into cannibal stuff.

by Anonymousreply 14March 24, 2022 2:06 AM

Nude.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 31, 2022 4:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!