Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sherry Papini Was Just Arrested For Faking Her 2016 Abduction

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 19, 2022 7:05 PM

continued

She also was reimbursed more than $30,000 by the California Victim´s Compensation Board based on the false story, the charges said. They included money for visits to her therapist and for the ambulance ride to the hospital after she surfaced near Sacramento.

She faces a mail fraud charge related to the reimbursement requests that carries a penalty of up to 20 years in prison, while lying to a federal officer has a maximum five-year sentence. 'Everyone involved in this investigation had one common goal: to find the truth about what happened on Nov. 2, 2016, with Sherri Papini and who was responsible,' said Shasta County Sheriff Michael Johnson.

That 22-day search and five-year investigation not only cost money and time, he said, 'but caused the general public to be fearful of their own safety, a fear that they should not have had to endure.'

Before she disappeared, Papini had gone jogging near her home about 215 miles (350 kilometers) north of San Francisco. Her husband, Keith Papini, found only her cellphone and earphones when he went searching after she failed to pick up their children at day care. Investigators said he passed a lie detector test. They also cleared a Detroit man they said Papini had texted and planned to meet shortly before her disappearance. Papini's nose was broken and she was wearing a chain restraint around her waist when she was found alongside Interstate 5 about 100 miles from her home. Her blonde hair had been cut to shoulder length and she had a 'brand' burned into her right shoulder, authorities said at the time. She had both male and female DNA on her body and clothing. But the DNA eventually led to the former boyfriend, according to a court filing.

At the time she was a stay-at-home mom and her husband worked at Best Buy. There was never a ransom demand and the family wasn't wealthy, officials said at the time. In retrospect, 'we are relieved that the community is not endangered by unknown, violent kidnappers,' said Sean Ragan, special agent in charge of the FBI's Sacramento Field Office.

by Anonymousreply 1March 4, 2022 2:23 AM

Datalounge always had her number. I hope Keith Papini has to sell his used shorts again to raise money for her bail.

by Anonymousreply 2March 4, 2022 2:41 AM

Whoa! Thank you, OP. This is huge news.

by Anonymousreply 3March 4, 2022 2:53 AM

Wow, those other 2 threads from earlier this evening didn't explain it enough

by Anonymousreply 4March 4, 2022 2:54 AM

So a gang of angry Latinas with Chola brows aren't sharing custody of the wig they made from Sherrie's "signature long, blond hair"? Who would have thought a frau insufferable enough to spell her name "Sherri" instead of "Sherry" would be capable of such deceit.

by Anonymousreply 5March 4, 2022 3:00 AM

I remember when this happened I said to a few work colleagues “bitch is lying this is Crazy Eyed Runaway Bride 2.0” well they went postal on me saying I was “victim shaming” “anti woman” and blamed the husband saying he probably was having an affair and his Latino girlfriend kidnapped her. I was shocked at the stupidity of these women blindly supporting this deranged bored housewife. She was guilty as HELLLL. I hope her husband gets full custody while she rots in jail and is forced to pay back every goddamn cent she stole for her drama filled weekend away from her boring life.

by Anonymousreply 6March 4, 2022 3:11 AM

The criminal complaint has a lot of juicy info!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 4, 2022 3:20 AM

She'll get off easy. Especially if the jury is mostly older white men who either have daughters that look like her or because they have a boner for her privileged white blonde (as the kids say now these days) pussy. As I've said before, the Third Reich may be gone but the aryan ideal still lives on. SMDH. -_-

by Anonymousreply 8March 4, 2022 3:20 AM

The cholas: black leather gloves, different colored bandanas and lace masks!

[quote]PAPINI said two Hispanic women abducted her, although one of the women brought her back. “There was an older one and a younger one. They were Hispanic, they spoke Spanish a lot.” The Hispanic women always wore masks and short, black leather gloves. PAPINI described the older woman as really mean and the younger one as seeming reluctantly involved. PAPINI described the younger abductor as smaller with curly, long, brown hair who spoke more Spanish. PAPINI described the older woman as taller and fat, had straight, dark or black hair with gray in it, and a raspy voice. The older abductor hit the younger abductor; although PAPINI never saw this happen, she could hear it. PAPINI stated that her abductors always wore masks, sometimes different colored bandanas and sometimes lace masks. PAPINI had a hard time remembering many details about her abductors, including a description of the 2

by Anonymousreply 9March 4, 2022 3:45 AM

Hopefully the Netflix version will have dream cholas.

by Anonymousreply 10March 4, 2022 3:48 AM

[quote]PAPINI did not understand more than a few Spanish words. These included discussions about medicine, traffic cameras, a delivery date, and a “gamble,”

[quote]“I listened so carefully, but it was all Spanish ....... I heard [the word] gambling.”

It sounds like Sherri was trying to set up Cameron Gamble as her abductor, it's actually pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 11March 4, 2022 3:59 AM

Thanks for the link R7, what a story! What took so long for her to be arrested? She deserves jail for what she put her community and law enforcement through.

by Anonymousreply 12March 4, 2022 4:53 AM

Why did the OP get blanked out about a factual event?

by Anonymousreply 13March 4, 2022 6:55 AM

[quote]What took so long for her to be arrested?

They didn't have any evidence. Then had tested her clothes for DNA when this originally happened. But they didn't have a DNA match. Recently they decided to use DNA genealogy to get a match on the DNA. That's where they get DNA from the ancestor sites and are able to extrapolate that to the exact relative the DNA belongs to

I LOVE IT

by Anonymousreply 14March 4, 2022 1:14 PM

I can't decide which bitch is crazier - her, Rachel Dolezol or Jussie

by Anonymousreply 15March 4, 2022 1:38 PM

R14, someone on the other thread posted the criminal complaint / indictment. It said that, at first, the FBI used CODIS for the DNA (without a hit), but didn't specify what they used the 2nd time. Another reason to be wary of using those DNA websites.

by Anonymousreply 16March 4, 2022 6:02 PM

I copied the link to the complaint (PDF) in case anyone is interested. It's long and boring in areas, i.e., where Sherri is telling her stupid story about being with 2 Hispanic women. So, cut to the part where ex-BF talks about what they did for those few weeks holed up in his apartment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 4, 2022 6:04 PM

R7: thanks for the link! I love reading these kind of things.

by Anonymousreply 18March 4, 2022 6:05 PM

Now her hot husband is divorcing her!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 23, 2022 8:04 PM

[quote] Sherry Papini Was Just Arrested

Were the arresting cops two Hispanic women?

by Anonymousreply 20April 23, 2022 8:09 PM

Bitch will plead Republican and get a stern talking to as punishment.

by Anonymousreply 21April 23, 2022 8:26 PM

I knew it!

by Anonymousreply 22April 23, 2022 8:43 PM

Bout fuckin time!

by Anonymousreply 23April 23, 2022 8:44 PM

[quote] Bitch will plead Republican and get a stern talking to as punishment.

Her defense will be.. "BUT THEY WERE HISPANICS!!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 24April 23, 2022 8:44 PM

I sit realize she pleaded guilty.

by Anonymousreply 25April 23, 2022 10:20 PM

^didn't realize

by Anonymousreply 26April 23, 2022 10:23 PM

the husband is hot.

i could comfort him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 23, 2022 10:26 PM

This bitch has a serious case of crazy eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 23, 2022 10:27 PM

Matt Gutman from ABC interviewed Keith Papini.

ZADDIES!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 23, 2022 10:30 PM

Someone should name a drink after her.

The Sherry Papini.

by Anonymousreply 30April 23, 2022 10:39 PM

I hope she loses custody. This crazy bitch should not be near children.

But I would like to be near daddy.

by Anonymousreply 31April 24, 2022 12:00 AM

Her husband was always releasing written statements that made me believe he was in on it. Then again, hasn't it been revealed that her motive for this disappearance was to meet up with an ex boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 32April 24, 2022 12:31 AM

The odds are that he knew she wasn't kidnapped, that he knew damn well that she was with another man... but they had kids and enacting divorces and custody fights against a crazy person is always ugly, she'd probably accuse him of horrible things and they live in a smallish town where everyone would hear the ugly accusations. So as long as he didn't *know*, and his friends and family didn't *know*, staying with her and pretending to believe the kidnapping story was the path of least resistance. That's how straight marriages roll.

But once the real story hit the news, and his friends and family and he himself *knew*, then he had to get a divorce or never be seen in public again. And that goes whether he's gay or straight.

by Anonymousreply 33April 24, 2022 12:47 AM

I do think that husband is so cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 28, 2022 2:07 PM

I hope she serves her inevitable sentence in a heavily populated Latina prison.

by Anonymousreply 35May 28, 2022 2:12 PM

Her ex boyfriend must've had some good dick for her to pull these stunts

by Anonymousreply 36May 28, 2022 2:59 PM

She was just sentenced to 18 months in state prison! The judge gave her more time than even the District Attorney asked for!

by Anonymousreply 37September 19, 2022 6:14 PM

Needs serious mental health intervention.

by Anonymousreply 38September 19, 2022 6:23 PM

Ooops, that's FEDERAL prison!

by Anonymousreply 39September 19, 2022 7:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!