Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

David Niven said his friendship with Errol Flynn ended when Flynn made a pass at him!

They would have made a hot couple

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84April 27, 2022 5:24 AM

Yes, the busy Mr. Flynn had some man on man action from time to time!!

by Anonymousreply 1March 4, 2022 1:49 AM

Oh, you better believe he did sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 2March 4, 2022 2:25 AM

Wasn't he a double agent

by Anonymousreply 3March 4, 2022 2:06 PM

I doubt Niven would have turned him down

by Anonymousreply 4March 4, 2022 3:21 PM

DRAMA!

by Anonymousreply 5March 4, 2022 3:25 PM

I find it hard to believe David Niven turned down sex from a man.

by Anonymousreply 6March 4, 2022 4:35 PM

didn't he claim that he also turned down nude nymphomaniac-in-a-manic-phase, dear sweet little Vivian?

dude was apparently quite the swinging dick in person, according to himself.

by Anonymousreply 7March 4, 2022 4:39 PM

He’d have made a hot couple with Patric Knowles who was in a few films of his such as Robin Hood. Don’t think much of a David Niven Flynn coupling.

by Anonymousreply 8March 4, 2022 4:50 PM

Just love the quaint language “made a pass”. I wonder, in the me too world is a “pass” a no no? I get that it is among non equals in a profession setting and that I want passes at the Eagle including the unwanted (good for morale).

Would that we make “a pass” in any setting and simply accept the response with no consequence to either party. I suppose that’s where it gets sticky. Meanwhile bring on the passes and rude behavior at the Eagle!

by Anonymousreply 9March 4, 2022 4:51 PM

I would have swung from his swashbuckler

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 4, 2022 4:51 PM

R9, there's a difference between hitting on someone at a gay bar or gay setting and hitting on a (presumably) straight who has shown no sexual interest in you

It sounds like you're just looking to grandstand about metoo

by Anonymousreply 11March 4, 2022 4:58 PM

I read about this years ago in The Times (London). It was included in Niven's last part of his autobiographical series but he couldn't bring himself to include this about Flynn. Seriously, how anyone turned down Flynn is beyond me. If nothing else, he always struck me as a hell of a lot of fine in the sack. Top or bottom, hung or not, thick or not you know you'd have a great time.

Funny to see the Express printing it now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 4, 2022 5:02 PM

Niven was an OK actor, but he had zero sex appeal. Maybe Flynn was drunk.

by Anonymousreply 13March 4, 2022 5:03 PM

He was hot circa the private lives of Elizabeth and Essex and I thought he was still handsome in edge of darkness

by Anonymousreply 14March 4, 2022 5:04 PM

disappointed that Cary Elwes didn't become our generation's Flynn. he fugged out somewhere.

ok, Flynn sans the underage girl thing?

by Anonymousreply 15March 4, 2022 5:04 PM

Check out his grandson...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 4, 2022 5:05 PM

that would explain it, R13.

wasn't he often drunk?

by Anonymousreply 17March 4, 2022 5:08 PM

Don't tell the Britney cult members, but Errol's grandson Sean was Jamie Lynn Spears' love interest on her Nickelodeon show (which Britney wrote the theme song to).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 5, 2022 2:08 AM

[quote]Wasn't he a double agent

If double agent = bisexual

by Anonymousreply 19March 5, 2022 2:19 AM

What other guys did Flynn hook up?

by Anonymousreply 20March 6, 2022 12:14 AM

^ Sorry, hook up WITH

by Anonymousreply 21March 6, 2022 12:31 AM

R20 Tyrone Power

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 7, 2022 2:29 AM

Why was Errol Flynn so reckless? It’s almost like he wanted to go down in flames…

I thought that the alleged affair with Tyrone Power was proven to be untrue?

by Anonymousreply 23March 23, 2022 6:03 PM

[quote] Niven was an OK actor, but he had zero sex appeal. Maybe Flynn was drunk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 23, 2022 6:36 PM

This is interesting. Flynn's Haunted House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 31, 2022 3:37 PM

Neither one has given a first hand account of this alleged "incident." I don't believe that happened. They were fucking each other! They were shacked up together. How many RICH young guys do that? Wouldn't they want their own fuck pads if they were the lady's men they claim to be?

Most of those guys were gay in early Hollywood - as they are now! Fine arts have always attracted the gays! In high school, the kids in Drama Club and Band are very different from those on the football and basketball team. It has always been that way.

Errol Flynn making a "pass" should surprise no one. He was notorious for fucking with guys. Niven turning him down is not only shocking, but unbelievable.

Niven would have heard the gay rumors surrounding Flynn. No way would he have moved in with that queen if they weren't fucking. They were both huge stars. They could have lived with anyone they chose - or (more likely than not) had their own fuck spaces.

Sounds like someone trying to make money off his association with Niven. He didn't have any receipts on Niven being gay so he made up a story about Flynn grabbing Niven's dick. I mean who does that? Even if you are drunk, you are not gonna assault your straight friend like that. This is homophobia on steroids and of course the public swallows it whole!

by Anonymousreply 26March 31, 2022 4:12 PM

If Niven was smart enough to turn down Vivian Leigh in one of her manic phases, he might have done the same with Flynn. Alternatively, having said "yes" to Flynn may have been what ended the friendship.

by Anonymousreply 27March 31, 2022 4:52 PM

David Niven also said that when he was new to Hollywood and assigned to go on a date with Joan Crawford, she positioned herself on a second-story banister of her Hollywood home and peed on his head as he stood below making a phone call.

by Anonymousreply 28April 1, 2022 1:55 AM

Sounds like something someone high on coke would do.

by Anonymousreply 29April 1, 2022 2:08 AM

Why did she do that r28? She was effing nuts.

by Anonymousreply 30April 1, 2022 5:30 PM

Two gays living together.

by Anonymousreply 31April 1, 2022 7:11 PM

R30 Ya think? Ya think?

by Anonymousreply 32April 1, 2022 7:43 PM

David Niven was certainly paying attention to this man's "short comings"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 1, 2022 8:00 PM

They were a gay couple

by Anonymousreply 34April 2, 2022 12:36 AM

I think Errol Flynn was the most beautiful man who ever lived. Yes, even more so than his son or grandson.

by Anonymousreply 35April 2, 2022 1:07 AM

I bet it was the other way around…

by Anonymousreply 36April 2, 2022 1:13 AM

I’ve been searching the web for a photo of Niven wearing short shorts back in the thirties. I had a copy on my old computer, which of course, is gone. Nice tree trunk thighs.

by Anonymousreply 37April 2, 2022 1:57 PM

R33 What is interesting is that even now, almost 50 years later, the Oscars (despite it being a live production) still doesn't give a fuck about security.

by Anonymousreply 38April 2, 2022 2:51 PM

This one will do nicely, but it’s not the one I posted about…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 2, 2022 4:36 PM

David Niven with wife Hjördis and sons James and David, Jr. in Cap Ferrat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 2, 2022 5:34 PM

@r37, This one?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 2, 2022 5:46 PM

Another view...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42April 2, 2022 5:48 PM

Niven made shit up all the time. His memoir "The Moon's a Balloon" is full of first-person stories that in fact happened to other people. It's not even controversial--his war record is embellished too. Because he's so popular in Britain they deal with it by calling him a "raconteur" instead of liar and fabulist lol.

by Anonymousreply 43April 2, 2022 6:45 PM

For how major a Hollywood star as Errol Flynn was, he's really almost completely forgotten today.

by Anonymousreply 44April 2, 2022 6:58 PM

No r41 not that one. The shorts were light colored.

Nivea’s second wife was allegedly an absolute cunt. No one liked her. For some strange reason she always went out of her way to be rude to her stepchildren and all of David’s friends.

by Anonymousreply 45April 2, 2022 6:59 PM

^ I have no idea why I'm doing this, I guess I'm bored

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 2, 2022 7:02 PM

R45 For some strange reason she always went out of her way to be rude to her stepchildren and all of David’s friends.

Not strange considering the friends probably covered for all his admitted fidelities throughout the marriage, gaslighting her.

Don't excuse being mean to the kids though, that's cunty.

by Anonymousreply 47April 2, 2022 7:05 PM

R43, what stuff did he make up? Just curious

by Anonymousreply 48April 2, 2022 7:16 PM

What tree trunk thighs? His legs were totally average

by Anonymousreply 49April 2, 2022 7:19 PM

R7 I cannot fathom turning down Errol Flynn nor Vivian Leigh. If they wanted a threesome, even better.

by Anonymousreply 50April 2, 2022 7:21 PM

R48 It's in this biography but this is all I could find about it at the moment.

Apparently Niven didn't even live with Errol Flynn, it was some guy named Robert Coote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 2, 2022 7:35 PM

R45, Niven's second wife, Hjördis, was a top Swedish supermodel who, some say, rushed into marriage with Niven hoping it would lead to a successful Hollywood movie career. But Niven wanted a wife and mother to his two boys, so she grew bitter and resentful that her career ambitions were thwarted and had to take care of her stepsons while he was off at some exotic movie locale, screwing his leading ladies and young ingenues. When together at social events, she openly scolded and dressed him down in front of his friends and flirted with other men to get him jealous. But Niven, in typical English fashion, kept his cool and reacted with aplomb, which made her look even worse.

Towards the end of Niven's life, she would drunk dial him in Switzerland from their 2nd home in Cap Ferrat, berating him for past grievances and his numerous infidelities. When he finally died from ALS, she showed up drunk at the chalet, met neighbor Roger Moore at the driveway, and slurred, "Here for the press are you?" She was drunk again at his funeral and had to be held steady by her beau, Prince Ranier, who kept her from falling into the grave pit when she tossed rose petals onto his coffin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 2, 2022 8:17 PM

[quote] She was drunk again at his funeral and had to be held steady by her beau, Prince Ranier, who kept her from falling into the grave pit when she tossed rose petals onto his coffin.

Prince Rainier, keeping you safe at grave pits since 1982.

by Anonymousreply 53April 2, 2022 8:35 PM

Robert Coote played Col. Pickering in My Fair Lady on stage. Was he gay? Can't find any mentions of a wife or a gf

by Anonymousreply 54April 2, 2022 9:57 PM

So Niven was full of shit.

Does that mean he stole the story about Flynn, or simply made it up?

by Anonymousreply 55April 3, 2022 12:18 AM

It's oft been repeated that while visiting the Oliviers in their Hollywood mansion, David Niven walked in on Laurence Olivier and Marlon Brando making out in the pool. Niven simply went back inside and had tea with Vivien Leigh. "I'm sure she knew what was going on, but she made no mention of it. Nor did I. One must be sophisticated about such matters in life."

I've wondered the original source of this quote and if authentic, was Niven just spinning another tall tale?

by Anonymousreply 56April 3, 2022 1:05 AM

Vivian went insane because Sir Laurence liked the dick more than he liked her.

That has always been my theory.

One has to experience living long term with someone who won't sleep with you and gives no outward signs of wanting to, but denies all of that when asked.

by Anonymousreply 57April 3, 2022 1:10 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58April 3, 2022 1:37 AM

Why didn't he simply divorce?

by Anonymousreply 59April 3, 2022 1:56 AM

R59 Celebrities rarely divorce beards...especially if it is acrimonious. They know too much and are a liability.

And although I believe Nivens was as gay as an Easter Bonnet, I don't attribute his clothes in the photos above as manifestations of queerness. Brits have a long history of dressing and behaving effeminate.

by Anonymousreply 60April 3, 2022 8:28 AM

[quote] Neither one has given a first hand account of this alleged "incident." I don't believe that happened. They were fucking each other! They were shacked up together. How many RICH young guys do that? Wouldn't they want their own fuck pads if they were the lady's men they claim to be? Most of those guys were gay in early Hollywood - as they are now! Fine arts have always attracted the gays! In high school, the kids in Drama Club and Band are very different from those on the football and basketball team. It has always been that way.

[quote] He was notorious for fucking with guys. Niven turning him down is not only shocking, but unbelievable. Niven would have heard the gay rumors surrounding Flynn. No way would he have moved in with that queen if they weren't fucking. They were both huge stars. They could have lived with anyone they chose - or (more likely than not) had their own fuck spaces. Sounds like someone trying to make money off his association with Niven. He didn't have any receipts on Niven being gay so he made up a story about Flynn grabbing Niven's dick. I mean who does that? Even if you are drunk, you are not gonna assault your straight friend like that. This is homophobia on steroids and of course the public swallows it whole!

[quote] R59 Celebrities rarely divorce beards...especially if it is acrimonious. They know too much and are a liability. And although I believe Nivens was as gay as an Easter Bonnet, I don't attribute his clothes in the photos above as manifestations of queerness. Brits have a long history of dressing and behaving effeminate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 3, 2022 7:20 PM

It's interesting that beards never talk . I guess they see it as a profession and lose if star is tarnished. I guess marlee matlin didn't know she was beard. Clark Gable and I guess all gay stars pay a fortune to their pretend spouses.

by Anonymousreply 62April 3, 2022 10:59 PM

Who was Marlee Matlin a beard for?

by Anonymousreply 63April 3, 2022 11:50 PM

William Hurt?

by Anonymousreply 64April 4, 2022 1:47 AM

William Hurt was gay? Is this because he played a gay character in Kiss of the Spiderwoman or is there proof?

by Anonymousreply 65April 4, 2022 10:29 AM

I never found David Niven remotely attractive. He just had that goofy English man look.

by Anonymousreply 66April 4, 2022 10:43 AM

I was just asking, r64. He’s the best known man that she dated.

by Anonymousreply 67April 4, 2022 1:52 PM

U have to be told that hurt was gay?

by Anonymousreply 68April 6, 2022 9:28 AM

David Niven said his friendship with Errol Flynn ended when Flynn made a pass at him!

A successful pass?

by Anonymousreply 69April 6, 2022 10:37 AM

Flynn was confused by the presentation of heterosexuality in men from the UK.

They tend to ALL appear gay to American men.

Put this in the context that THE biggest pussy hound in Golden Hollywood was Leslie Howard.

The fey Scarlet Pimpernel stuck his dick into more yearning gash than all comers.

Oh, Ashley!

by Anonymousreply 70April 6, 2022 11:07 AM

Flynn was culturally closer to Niven than any American, being born in Tasmania.

Not sure if they had the jock culture which seems so prevalent in places like OZ back then, but surely Flynn would not have been mystified. He and Niven were from the same parent culture.

Did Flynn "go away to school"? Because doing so clinches whether he knew who was putting what in whom and why. Or so I have been told.

by Anonymousreply 71April 6, 2022 1:16 PM

R71, Errol Flynn went to South West London College, a private boarding school, from the ages of 14 to 16, so who knows what kinds of buggery went on.

by Anonymousreply 72April 7, 2022 3:54 AM

Flynn was fucking Doris Duke for a time too, must have been for the money

by Anonymousreply 73April 7, 2022 4:27 AM

"It's interesting that beards never talk . I guess they see it as a profession and lose if star is tarnished. "

Bearding for the rich and famous is the easiest money going! Hell, I'd be happy to beard for some rich lesbian if she gave me a car and a generous allowance, and I'd happily sign a contract for a fake marriage if it left me with a condo and a 401K. Hell, I'd even keep my mouth shut during and afterwards, in the hopes of getting another lucrative gig after we "broke up"!

And I don't even have showbiz ambition as a motive the way most of these Hollywood beards do, I just like easy money.

by Anonymousreply 74April 7, 2022 10:03 PM

I've never cared for David Niven. He's as overrated as Rex Harrison. Flynn, on the other hand...

by Anonymousreply 75April 7, 2022 10:06 PM

Niven wasn’t as obnoxious as Harrison, though.

by Anonymousreply 76April 8, 2022 10:54 AM

R70, Yearning Gash would be a great name for a lesbian sex club if it didn’t cause an uproar.

How about Uproarious Gash?

by Anonymousreply 77April 8, 2022 11:04 AM

At the time of his death, Flynn's penis was covered with huge genital warts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 25, 2022 11:56 PM

Niven lied. No way he would have passed that up unless he was afraid of stds. Wasn't Flynn more a pedo for lolitas. I did not know that he swang both way, but...

by Anonymousreply 79April 26, 2022 12:23 AM

It angers me when a person with so many advantages throws their lives away like Errol Flynn did. It was as if he had a death wish.

by Anonymousreply 80April 27, 2022 1:00 AM

His dick had cock warts big enough to cut off from the head of his penis?

EWWWWWWWWWW

by Anonymousreply 81April 27, 2022 1:51 AM

R78 If they could have removed the warts from his cock after he died, they surely could have removed them while he was alive. With all his money, why was he walking around like that? He was just a nasty mother fucker!

by Anonymousreply 82April 27, 2022 2:17 AM

Is that how he got the moniker, "In like Flynn". He did not age well.

by Anonymousreply 83April 27, 2022 5:05 AM

Does k d lang try to look like Errol Flynn?

by Anonymousreply 84April 27, 2022 5:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!