Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Video proof of Bridget Fonda explaining she was leaving the industry to raise her son and done with all that.

Hope this solves it and stop any remaining made up blasted out there rumours.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207April 23, 2023 12:58 AM

Makes sense. Still think she might have been a Weinstein victim. Especially given that her last public appearance up until this year was literally that Inglorious Bastards Weinstein premiere event and she looked uncomfortable and uneasy on the red carpet. And her Jackie Brown movie was.....a Weinstein produced film.

by Anonymousreply 1December 8, 2022 6:49 AM

Is Bridget still obese? Any newer photos. These were from September of this year.

Hard to believe she's gained this much weight. Please don't say she always starved herself to remain thin.

Most of the middle aged women I know who were that thin back then (I work in a creative field where, especially for women, looks and style are very important) and did basically starve themselves (they were always on some fad diet and always at the gym), never gained this outrageous amount of weight in middle age.

I assume Bridget has some sort of thyroid condition, or another illness, which caused her to blow up? Unless she's sitting around eating three cheese cakes a day and other fattening foods. My neighbor, a woman, has Hashimoto thyroid disease, loves to cook and isn't this obese.

This is definitely not normal middle-aged weight gain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 8, 2022 7:03 AM

Poor Bridget now looks like a woman who lives for the turkey legs at the Renaissance Faire.

by Anonymousreply 3December 8, 2022 7:07 AM

She probably starved herself for years! She's no longer acting, leave her alone.

by Anonymousreply 4December 8, 2022 7:08 AM

She did starve herself since she was an adolescent. Most Hollywood women do that. They have to. The studios established that the ideal waist size for their female stars was 18". You read correctly, 18". That became a tradition and women still try to get down to that because their weight is amplified by the camera.

by Anonymousreply 5December 8, 2022 7:14 AM

I wonder what’s in her snack purse in R2 ’s photo.

by Anonymousreply 6December 8, 2022 7:15 AM

Vera Ellen 18 inches, early death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 8, 2022 7:18 AM

I read that headline as "she was leaving it TO the industry to raise her son".. and immediately thought of the likes of Bryan Singer and Harvey Weinstein.

by Anonymousreply 8December 8, 2022 7:18 AM

Strange that she keeps on looking at him like he's some price and he just doesn't care for her at all. What does she see in him??

Getting morbidly obese like she is, is not normal, esp not when he is the complete opposite with getting shredded, getting face lifts and hair plugs.

Very strange and creepy, the whole relationship.

by Anonymousreply 9December 8, 2022 7:24 AM

I hope someone gives her a voucher for a 1-year course of semaglutide for Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 10December 8, 2022 7:36 AM

What exactly were the rumors?

by Anonymousreply 11December 8, 2022 7:41 AM

How many pounds does she weigh?

by Anonymousreply 12December 8, 2022 7:44 AM

[R11] do a search on Bridget Fonda on this board and you'll see. They're bogus and crazy, dumb, unfounded rumors. They claim Danny Elfman, her famous husband is satanist and abuses her just because he has tattoos and (he's had tattoos for decades) and looks odd, yet he's always looked that way for decades. They claim he forced her to leave the industry and get fat. Its so stupid.

by Anonymousreply 13December 8, 2022 7:49 AM

[R11] Do a search on Bridget Fonda on this board and you'll see. They're bogus and crazy, dumb, unfounded rumors. They claim Danny Elfman, her famous husband is satanist and abuses her just because he has tattoos and (he's had tattoos for decades) and looks odd, yet he's always looked that way for decades. They claim he forced her to leave the industry and get fat. Its so stupid.

by Anonymousreply 14December 8, 2022 7:50 AM

Curious if anyone's ever looked up her or Danny's public record? I assume that's legal? Those public background record thingies you pay for.

Not saying anyone should!!! DON'T DO ANYTHING ONCOUTH! but meant was just curious if anyone *had* ever done so, since all this. Or know if anyone has. And I get the feeling some on here are entertainment investigators. Or if that stuff even is public domain. Unsure of the legalities!!! or even what they even show, but supposedly its public shit you can access via library or? but its those things people use to check to make sure their dates, etc arent psychos type of things. But usually there's a bunch of disclaimers and whatnot. Never used one myself. I'd never want to honestly. Cos one never knows what's accurate and feels semi- immoral?

But, point is, assuming the paparazzi sure has and you know they have, and other journalists, especially in the midst of all this, so surely IF something was wildly amiss or suspect with either her or Danny, then that would probably have been made public in some sort of fashion or hinted at by those paparazzi by now. But not sure? Think you're not allowed to publish any info. But still. So highly doubt anything bad is going on.

Really think the truth is something just not anything wild at all. Just two people living their lives. People wanna make stuff outta nothing.

by Anonymousreply 15December 8, 2022 7:54 AM

[R9] The hell are you on? They have cameras in their faces and cornered by media. Plus how's anything in this state he doesn't care about her? He always talks and acts like that in group interviews. He's also got ADD.

by Anonymousreply 16December 8, 2022 8:05 AM

[R9] The hell are you on? They have cameras in their faces and cornered by media. Plus how's anything in this state he doesn't care about her? He always talks and acts like that in group interviews. He's also got ADD.

by Anonymousreply 17December 8, 2022 8:06 AM

R2, I had Hashimoto's and eventually had my thyroid removed after being diagnosed with thyroid cancer. When I still had my thyroid I was about 15 pounds over my ideal weight. I lost the weight after the surgery and after getting the correct dose of thyroid hormone. Thyroid dysfunction is commonly found in obese people but it's sort of a chicken and egg situation-- we don't know if the dysfunction is a cause or an outcome.

Wasn't Bridget badly injured in a road traffic accident? Limited mobility after an injury can certainly cause weight gain, but this is such a dramatic change I can't help wondering if there are other issues involved as well.

by Anonymousreply 18December 8, 2022 8:07 AM

[R18] Its taken 12 years, nothing odd about gaining weight like that in 12 years. I gained 70 pounds in one year just after going thru a serious stomach illness and it causing me to lose a dangerous amount of weight fast and was in the hospital. When I recovered, I gained back but tenfold and that is just via normal, healthy eating, activity. Under 2000 cals a day. My metabolism went into some kind of safety mode. Then I gained another 30 and it just stopped there. But weight can be lost and gained VERY fast depending on the person.

by Anonymousreply 19December 8, 2022 8:14 AM

They also claim she's been struggling with her weight since before she had her baby. It was posted by a former personal assistant to the Elfmans on a Daily Mail comments section of one of the Bridget articles. She was fired before the birth because supposedly Bridget didn't want Danny having anymore female assistants. Their current one is female but she is married and I guess a good friend of Bridget's. She is credited on various things on Danny's IG.

by Anonymousreply 20December 8, 2022 8:20 AM

People bashing Danny obviously don't remember that he looked wild and was buff etc for decades until he quit Oingo Boingo in 1995 to do movie scoring fulltime. Then he got all skinny and wearing formal suits and stuff. Then during lockdown he decided to cut loose again and back to how he used to be.

I also don't see any signs of him having a facelift. What are you on?

by Anonymousreply 21December 8, 2022 8:24 AM

[quote]She probably starved herself for years! She's no longer acting, leave her alone.

STFU frau. Or incel fattie.

Using your logic, then, every actress would have been naturally obese if that hadn't starved themselves.

No, that's not the way this works. There is something else going on here. No one, in or out of showbiz, wants to look like this. Health or mental health issues. No one who looks like this is happy, she's not even making an attempt to fix her hair or wear some makeup.

In the US, obesity to this level goes on in the flyover states, just look at Dump's MAGA base, most are obese and slovenly. However, most of the people on either coast don't get this fat. Sure lots of East or West coast people might be 10-30 pounds over weight, but Bridget looks like she's more than doubled her former weight.

One leg of her pants could fit her entire former body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 8, 2022 9:26 AM

R22, are you saying she has sequoia tree legs?

by Anonymousreply 23December 8, 2022 9:35 AM

You people make me sick.

by Anonymousreply 24December 8, 2022 2:51 PM

You guys obviously don't grasp actual morbidly obese. Have you seen USA reality shows like "My 1000 lb Sister"? They can't even walk or bathe themselves.

Bridget is out and about being active and doing things. Errands, getting her kid out and about for sports stuff, talking with neighbors, etc. In that newly released video of her shopping for the Pavel stones, she's seen walking around and looks normal and not in any way incapacitated. Slightly annoyed though, as it appears she notices she's being STALKED!!!! OF COURSE SHES GONNA LOOK UNHAPPY!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 25December 9, 2022 6:32 AM

My sister is very overweight, like at least 120 lbs overweight, and thought for sure she has some kind of thyroid condition or something. She had bloodwork done recently, because she finally wants to get serious about losing weight and her thyroid is borderline, but basically within normal range. She just eats constantly and too much, like most fat people

by Anonymousreply 26December 9, 2022 6:47 AM

[quote] You guys obviously don't grasp actual morbidly obese. Have you seen USA reality shows like "My 1000 lb Sister"? They can't even walk or bathe themselves. Bridget is out and about being active and doing things. Errands, getting her kid out and about for sports stuff, talking with neighbors, etc. In that newly released video of her shopping for the Pavel stones, she's seen walking around and looks normal and not in any way incapacitated. Slightly annoyed though, as it appears she notices she's being STALKED!!!! OF COURSE SHES GONNA LOOK UNHAPPY!!!!!!

I think you are the one who doesn't grasp what morbid obesity is. Morbid obesity doesn't start with being completely immobile. People who are morbidly obese are restricted in their mobility. Bridget Fonda is hardly "out and about". She may be able to go out and walk, but only for short distances, and she huffs and puffs after a while, or after some exertion. You can't tell much about her level of mobility from photos, but I bet in person it would be obvious how restricted her movement is.

by Anonymousreply 27December 9, 2022 6:55 AM

How much food does Bridget have to consume to maintain that weight? I am not joking. Because if the weight gain is not due to a health issue, it sure is due to overeating. Yet, most overeaters don't double their weight.

How does one go from being thin to normal weight to morbidly obese, because a BMI of, IIRC, 30, is considered obese. Most people do gain some weight in middle age, they don't become morbidly obese, which Bridget is.

Her father Peter Fonda and her mother sure didn't appear to have the fat gene and neither did her grandfather Henry Fonda. Jane Fonda has always been slim and, of course, some posters will come into this thread screaming that Jane "starves herself!"

The Fonda family always looked lean and tall.

by Anonymousreply 28December 9, 2022 7:03 AM

[R28] Jane is a plastic surgery, workout, diet addict and has been for decades. In some interviews, Bridget's mentioned Janes rather opinionated views on how she should work out and how her "thighs were getting flabby" or something. Jane had eating disorders as well. There are a couple pics, somewhere, I think on Getty, of Susan Brewer, Bridget's mom...from a few years ago and she's heavy now.

I read on various gossip sites that people who had seen Bridget in and around shops and salons in LA that she had gained a lot of weight and had issues with it stemming back from like 2013.

by Anonymousreply 29December 9, 2022 7:27 AM

You posters still don't get it, the Fonda family doesn't appear to have the fat gene.

I don't care how much Jane works out etc, Bridget is morbidly obese and no other Fonda appears to have had that body type.

While not everyone here is Fonda, I don't see any morbidly obese people in this family. Are we to believe Bridget starved herself a teen to be thin? I don't think so. Bridget's mom Susan is the short blond woman in black.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 9, 2022 7:55 AM

Susan Brewer in 2020.

Not as thin as Jane Fonda, but way thinner than her daughter Bridget.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 9, 2022 8:01 AM

R38

Bridget is more a Brewer than a Fonda.

She is the carbon copy of her mother, Susan Brewer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 9, 2022 8:07 AM

[quote]Susan Brewer in 2020.

Are you sure that's THE Susan Brewer, Bridget's mom? That gallery is in Carmel Indiana, not Carmel California.

by Anonymousreply 33December 9, 2022 8:11 AM

R31 THAT IS A DIFFERENT SUSAN BREWER!!!!!!!!! NOT BRIDGETS MOM!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 34December 9, 2022 2:16 PM

And if any of you *had* ever looked up any public record stuff, DO NOT POST IT! It might be illegal to do so and unethical and accuracy might be iffy. Originally meant, if you had once, and vaguely if anything off was found, like a "yeah" "no", but without the details. But even with that...no; probably not a great idea and feels not right in hindsight. Its too much of a legal and moral grey area. Especially in this case.

by Anonymousreply 35December 9, 2022 2:52 PM

Again, also wasn't telling anyone to do it. Just originally meant *had* anyone previously and should have clarified to not post details, if there was and not to post any private info, contact info that could cause more stalking.

by Anonymousreply 36December 9, 2022 2:58 PM

Love her work and she was so pretty. I feel badly for her.

by Anonymousreply 37December 9, 2022 2:59 PM

There. Bridget and her mother a few years back. The real Susan Brewer. Looks kinda like her now. I see nothing odd here. Nor out of the ordinary now. Just gained some weight and was wearing no makeup while doing errands like a normal person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38December 9, 2022 3:20 PM

R37 Why? She might actually be happy and living happily.

by Anonymousreply 39December 9, 2022 3:22 PM

She seems normal. Just drop it.

by Anonymousreply 40December 9, 2022 3:30 PM

For those who are fixated on her "morbid obesity" here's a definition -- note that the term is no longer used in the medical community.

How long has she been out of the limelight? I think she looks about 75 lbs overweight. Look at Christina Applegate who put on 40 lbs. It happens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 9, 2022 4:36 PM

Something is seriously wrong with this woman. She needs help.

by Anonymousreply 42December 10, 2022 12:40 AM

I remember a Joan Rivers red carpet interview at either The Emmys or Golden Globes during the first season of Survivor when she asked one of the female contestants what stood out to her the most about being here. She responded that she was surprised how much smaller the women were in real life. Joan knowingly nodded.

by Anonymousreply 43December 10, 2022 1:05 AM

Wtf is it with all the whining in the Bridget Fonda threads?

Nobody is ever allowed to call her obese. Her morbid obesity is definitely caused by thyroid issues and couldn’t possibly be due to not exercising and stuffing her pie hole all day?

Another poster defines morbid obesity as weighing 1000 lbs and having a TLC show.

Add to that the constant “Leave her aloneeeeee!” BS. Sorry fat women of DL, but when you had a successful Hollywood career, people will notice when you gain 120 pounds.

She’s not some random chick off the street, she’s a former successful actress, married to another celebrity, who made a nice chunk of money with her looks, and who now looks like Walmart trailer trash. Why should she be exempt from any criticism?

by Anonymousreply 44December 10, 2022 1:25 AM

Bridget Fonda turned down the role of Ally McBeal - saying at the tine she doesn't do television

by Anonymousreply 45December 10, 2022 1:26 AM

R41, this is from the link that you listed. Did you even bother to read it?

“In a medical setting, “morbidity” means illness or disease. Healthcare professionals also often use the term “comorbidity,” which means that an individual has more than one illness or disease occurring at the same time. The medical meaning of “morbid” is appropriate in describing this type of obesity since class III obesity is considered a disease and is often associated with other chronic health conditions.”

by Anonymousreply 46December 10, 2022 1:39 AM

I don't understand what we're truthing here. Is her husband supposed to be abusing her somehow and making her fat?

by Anonymousreply 47December 10, 2022 2:24 AM

I don't think it's surprising that a woman who grew up in a family of celebrities (some of whom are world-renowned assholes) and was an actress herself would go on to have emotional issues later in life. She probably has psychological issues with food.

Elfman hasn't done anything to embarrass her or drag her in public, and a quiet life is probably what's best for her. They seem fine.

by Anonymousreply 48December 10, 2022 2:58 AM

She looks terrible.

by Anonymousreply 49December 10, 2022 3:15 AM

R38, "A few years back?" More like 20 years back!

by Anonymousreply 50December 10, 2022 3:17 AM

MOST CELEBS WILL LOOK NON-FANCY WHEN OUT AND ABOUT RUNNING ERRANDS AND OUT PICKING OUT GARDEN STONES AND STUFF ON A WEEKEND.

by Anonymousreply 51December 10, 2022 5:14 AM

“NON-FANCY”!

She looks like she’s gained closer to 200 lbs than 120.

“Leave her alone”… when has this ever been policy on DL?

by Anonymousreply 52December 10, 2022 5:25 AM

R15/R35/R36,

You need a prescription for medical marijuana.

by Anonymousreply 53December 10, 2022 5:55 AM

Putting on hundreds of pounds is the worst thing you do when you have problems with your spine. There is something incredibly creepy about their relationship and for the life f me I can't wrap my head around the fact why she chose Elfman.

by Anonymousreply 54December 10, 2022 6:25 AM

A lot of abusers insist their wives give up their careers. It’s a form of complete control and enslavement

by Anonymousreply 55December 10, 2022 6:34 AM

R54, exactly! Elfman is fugly and creepy . Gross

by Anonymousreply 56December 10, 2022 6:35 AM

Bridget probably chose Elfman because she had a thing for redheaded men, she was formerly with Eric Stoltz, another natural redhead.

Bridget was probably initially attracted to Danny, then got in too deep and married him. Bridget might be very insecure. You do realize many celebrities are incredibly insecure people, they need validation from anyone and everyone. That's another reason these people get into showbiz, attention and accolades, it doesn't matter where it's coming from. In Bridget's case, when it came to becoming an actress, being part of the Fonda dynasty sure didn't hurt.

I agree with R44, Bridget is not some random woman who blew up in middle age, she’s a former successful actress. There is much more to this weight gain than eating all day. Since there's no mention of health issues, other than a crash crash which happened many years ago, who knows if there is an actual health aspect which would explain this weight gain.

Even the average woman, especially one who was always a normal weight, or even a little overweight, then blew up to this extreme extent, would be appalled at what they've turned into.

Danny, who apparently hasn't become morbidly obese, cannot be happy about being married to a woman who looks like a typical disheveled overweight MAGA Trumpster from some Bumfuck town.

It seems obvious that Danny doesn't ask Bridget to join him, at least, on part of his tours. Lots of retired celebs are still seen out and about with their spouses, not Bridget, she's now basically an obese recluse. Yes, something is definitely 'off' about this situation. She doesn't even make any attempt to fix her hair or put on some lipstick.

There are many overweight women who still care about their looks, the difference is, most of these women were overweight most of their lives. I have a close female friend who is overweight, while not as obese as Bridget, she never looks slovenly, she's always dressed in appropriate clothing, styles her hair and wears makeup.

People in these Bridget threads need to stop normalizing her situation. It's not normal, not for her.

by Anonymousreply 57December 10, 2022 7:38 AM

.....other than a CAR crash which happened many years ago.....

by Anonymousreply 58December 10, 2022 7:42 AM

R57, spot on !

by Anonymousreply 59December 10, 2022 7:52 AM

She was brilliant in Jackie Brown. Totally nailed that character.

by Anonymousreply 60December 10, 2022 8:17 AM

R54 & R55 How exactly are they creepy???

And she probably does attend his shows. Just doesn't wanna be seen. Their son attends stuff but supposedly doesn't feel comfortable in front of the camera. I've seen it mentioned her being there, too..but I guess one of those refuses to have pics taken. And she stays behind the scenes. Much like her son who occasionally let's people take his pic at the events. She's prob terribly self conscious. AND they probably have a NDA type thing.

Why WOULD Danny want her to give up her career?? Makes NO sense whatsoever why. This shit is venturing on slander now. She mentions in a 1993 interview I'd read where they ask if she ever wants kids and she said she wasn't ready but definitely did wanna start a family one day, BUT...she would give up acting if she became a mom, and wasn't ready to do that just yet, as she was at her height of her career then.

She literally said that.

by Anonymousreply 61December 10, 2022 8:32 AM

She also interestingly said in that 1993 interview that she had recurring nightmares of losing control of her car and going off a cliff. And strangely, that's kind of what happened to her in 2002/03. I'm thinking she was having some kind of issues going on around then. She only had one role at the time, too.. "Snow Queen" which flopped. Not saying she might've been suicidal but maybe some other psychological thing going on or something occurred during that Jackie Brown filming with Weinstein bring involved. It all got weird and quiet after that. Also! She seemed highly uncomfortable in the pics and videos attending later red carpet stuff. Uncomfortable around the press and pics snapping left and right. Thinking she was getting fed up and AGAIN..her last appearance was the WEINSTEIN PARTY FOR INGLORIOUS BASTARDS. THAT WAS HER LAST PUBLIC APPEARANCE!!

ALSO! AROUND 2010/2011 THERE ARE PAPARAZZI PICS OF HER AT A FARMERS MARKET WITH HER SON, JUST THEM..LOOKING EXTREMELY UNEASY AND TRYING TO GO INCOGNITO IN HER HAT AND CLOTHING. SHE LOOKED PISSED OFF AND AWARE OF THE CAMERAS. THESE ARE ONLINE STILL. IM THINKING ONCE SHE HAD HER KID...SHE WAS DONE WITH IT ALL AND WANTED PRIVACY.

ALSO, IF SHE WAS TRULY BEING "CONTROLLED" SHE PROB WOULD HAVE BEEN PROMPTED TO RELEASE A BULLSHIT STATEMENT ...WHICH SHE NEVER DID. THINKING SHE HAD SOME BREAKDOWN OR SOMETHING PLUS POST PARTUM. AND DIDNT WANNA DRAG THAT AND HER KID INTO THE PUBLIC EYE.

SHE IS ALSO SEEN IN THE REHEARSAL STUDIO, WITH DANNY AND FRIENDS ON A RECENT TIK TOK VIDEO ON HIS TIK TOK PAGE. SHES SITTING ON THE COUCH WITH, I THINK MAYBE THEIR SON? BUT IT IS OBVIOUS ITS HER AND FANS ALSO POINTED IT OUT. EVERYONE PROBABLY JUST RESPECTS HER PRIVACY AND WISHES.

HE MENTIONS HER IN HIS LATEST INTERVIEW AS WELL.

ALSO, READ IN ONE OF THOSE DAILY MAIL ARTICLE COMMENTS A REPLY BY A SUPPOSED FORMER ASSISTANT TO DANNY AND BRIDGET BEFORE SHE GOT PREGNANT, AND SUPPOSEDLY SHE HAD SOME ISSUES GOING ON AND ALSO WEIGHT STRUGGLES THEN. I HIGHLY DOUBT DANNY IS ABUSING HER. EACH OF HIS OTHER LONGTERM RELATIONSHIPS WERE NORMAL AND EACH WOMAN VERY INDEPENDENT. HIS ONE EX HE WAS WITH FOR 4-5 YEARS, AFTER HIS FIRST WIFE, IS THE MOVIE WRITER, SCREENWRITER CAROLINE THOMPSON WHICH HE MET AND WORKED WITH ON NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS. SHES FIERCELY INDEPENDENT.

by Anonymousreply 62December 10, 2022 8:49 AM

She also interestingly said in that 1993 interview that she had recurring nightmares of losing control of her car and going off a cliff. And strangely, that's kind of what happened to her in 2002/03. I'm thinking she was having some kind of issues going on around then. She only had one role at the time, too.. "Snow Queen" which flopped. Not saying she might've been suicidal but maybe some other psychological thing going on or something occurred during that Jackie Brown filming with Weinstein bring involved. It all got weird and quiet after that. Also! She seemed highly uncomfortable in the pics and videos attending later red carpet stuff. Uncomfortable around the press and pics snapping left and right. Thinking she was getting fed up and AGAIN..her last appearance was the WEINSTEIN PARTY FOR INGLORIOUS BASTARDS. THAT WAS HER LAST PUBLIC APPEARANCE!!

ALSO! AROUND 2010/2011 THERE ARE PAPARAZZI PICS OF HER AT A FARMERS MARKET WITH HER SON, JUST THEM..LOOKING EXTREMELY UNEASY AND TRYING TO GO INCOGNITO IN HER HAT AND CLOTHING. SHE LOOKED PISSED OFF AND AWARE OF THE CAMERAS. THESE ARE ONLINE STILL. IM THINKING ONCE SHE HAD HER KID...SHE WAS DONE WITH IT ALL AND WANTED PRIVACY.

ALSO, IF SHE WAS TRULY BEING "CONTROLLED" SHE PROB WOULD HAVE BEEN PROMPTED TO RELEASE A BULLSHIT STATEMENT ...WHICH SHE NEVER DID. THINKING SHE HAD SOME BREAKDOWN OR SOMETHING PLUS POST PARTUM. AND DIDNT WANNA DRAG THAT AND HER KID INTO THE PUBLIC EYE.

SHE IS ALSO SEEN IN THE REHEARSAL STUDIO, WITH DANNY AND FRIENDS ON A RECENT TIK TOK VIDEO ON HIS TIK TOK PAGE. SHES SITTING ON THE COUCH WITH, I THINK MAYBE THEIR SON? BUT IT IS OBVIOUS ITS HER AND FANS ALSO POINTED IT OUT. EVERYONE PROBABLY JUST RESPECTS HER PRIVACY AND WISHES.

HE MENTIONS HER IN HIS LATEST INTERVIEW AS WELL.

ALSO, READ IN ONE OF THOSE DAILY MAIL ARTICLE COMMENTS A REPLY BY A SUPPOSED FORMER ASSISTANT TO DANNY AND BRIDGET BEFORE SHE GOT PREGNANT, AND SUPPOSEDLY SHE HAD SOME ISSUES GOING ON AND ALSO WEIGHT STRUGGLES THEN. I HIGHLY DOUBT DANNY IS ABUSING HER. EACH OF HIS OTHER LONGTERM RELATIONSHIPS WERE NORMAL AND EACH WOMAN VERY INDEPENDENT. HIS ONE EX HE WAS WITH FOR 4-5 YEARS, AFTER HIS FIRST WIFE, IS THE MOVIE WRITER, SCREENWRITER CAROLINE THOMPSON WHICH HE MET AND WORKED WITH ON NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS. SHES FIERCELY INDEPENDENT.

by Anonymousreply 63December 10, 2022 8:49 AM

IF YOU'RE GOING TO ACCUSE A SPOUSE OF SPOUSAL ABUSE, YOU BETTER DAMN WELL BACK IT UP WITH LEGIT STUFF. NOT "HES JUST CREEPY AND SHE GOT FAT" BULLSHIT. SO, GROW UP.

by Anonymousreply 64December 10, 2022 8:52 AM

MARY R64!!!

by Anonymousreply 65December 10, 2022 8:55 AM

R65 Who the hell is Mary? I'm not Mary or a Mary.

by Anonymousreply 66December 10, 2022 9:03 AM

I hate all-caps. It makes me back away and doesn't make me read or take what you're saying seriously.

by Anonymousreply 67December 10, 2022 9:04 AM

R67 I was trying to make a point and had brought this up before and nobody apparently grasps or reads it. Giving people actual facts and info other than those just spouting "He's just creepy, she's fat, so he must be abusing her" unfounded nonsense.

I meant to put caps on for a portion of my post, then, my keyboard caps locked like that so I just kept going.

by Anonymousreply 68December 10, 2022 9:12 AM

R67 I was trying to make a point and had brought this up before and nobody apparently grasps or reads it. Giving people actual facts and info other than those just spouting "He's just creepy, she's fat, so he must be abusing her" unfounded nonsense.

I meant to put caps on for a portion of my post, then, my keyboard caps locked like that so I just kept going.

by Anonymousreply 69December 10, 2022 9:12 AM

Well, it's a bad strategy because online it comes across like you're shouting. I cringed and didn't read most of what you posted.

by Anonymousreply 70December 10, 2022 9:15 AM

R70 Well, please read it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 71December 10, 2022 9:22 AM

Ah, so r66 is a drive-by Bridget Fonda troll.

by Anonymousreply 72December 10, 2022 9:23 AM

If Elfman is a satanist wouldn't that mean Bridget is too? They don't seem like the type to condone mixed marriages.

by Anonymousreply 73December 10, 2022 10:06 AM

The ALL CAPS Troll needs some mental health evaluation.

by Anonymousreply 74December 10, 2022 10:06 AM

All caps is highly, highly annoying. I also did not read anything that written in caps above.

by Anonymousreply 75December 10, 2022 10:09 AM

Does she suffer from depression?

by Anonymousreply 76December 10, 2022 12:47 PM

I dug through some of the old threads because of this one, all which read as if a certain poster caps-loving poster is all over them, and apparently there are rumors she has OCD or some severe psychiatric impairment and she's on medication. That sounds about right, especially if it's antipsychotics.

by Anonymousreply 77December 10, 2022 12:52 PM

Ah, yes.

The Bridget Fonda Twins.

By all means. Bring them back.

We love novelty acts.

by Anonymousreply 78December 10, 2022 12:54 PM

Do anti-psychotic meds make people get this huge?

by Anonymousreply 79December 10, 2022 12:58 PM

Yes, r79. They can be brutal

by Anonymousreply 80December 10, 2022 1:01 PM

I like her. I don’t particularly care for him.

by Anonymousreply 81December 10, 2022 1:01 PM

Yes R79, it's an unavoidable side effect and the main reason for noncompliance with treatment among schizophrenics.

by Anonymousreply 82December 10, 2022 1:05 PM

It's so easy to get fat in middle age. Really don't understand why there is so much shock. She was doing coke to stay thin in the 90s she stopped to have a kid. The weight comes on fast after 45.

by Anonymousreply 83December 10, 2022 1:06 PM

Yeah, I don't know why so many people are trying to find a 'reason' for it when millions of ordinary Americans are obese just because they love food. It often takes hard work to keep skinny if you're not lucky enough to naturally not be into eating a lot. She has clearly stopped caring - not just the weight but also the clothes that she wears, the gray hair, etc.

by Anonymousreply 84December 10, 2022 1:10 PM

Nope. She was skinny and put together long after the birth of her son AND long after the accident.

by Anonymousreply 85December 10, 2022 1:13 PM

R81 Why do you dislike him so much?

by Anonymousreply 86December 10, 2022 1:13 PM

R84 She was just caught on a one-off, two-off while doing errands and wearing lounge clothes most wear out. She oddly looks better and more put together than most of today's celebs caught on cam by papp's these days.

That dude from SNL Pete Davidson, Heather Locklear etc look far worse than her caught outside running errands without makeup wearing beat up clothes. Do all of you sit around on the weekends around the house or running errands in high fashion and full makeup and hair did? No. I bet not. Though I dunno now????? Some seem uptight enough!!

by Anonymousreply 87December 10, 2022 1:18 PM

R84 She was just caught on a one-off, two-off while doing errands and wearing lounge clothes most wear out. She oddly looks better and more put together than most of today's celebs caught on cam by papp's these days.

That dude from SNL Pete Davidson, Heather Locklear etc look far worse than her caught outside running errands without makeup wearing beat up clothes. Do all of you sit around on the weekends around the house or running errands in high fashion and full makeup and hair did? No. I bet not. Though I dunno now????? Some seem uptight enough!!

by Anonymousreply 88December 10, 2022 1:19 PM

by Anonymousreply 89December 10, 2022 1:20 PM

Hey Bridget Fonda Troll - at least you stopped the uber-annoying all-caps but now can you please stop posting all your posts multiple times. That's also highly annoying.

And nope, Bridget looks particularly unkempt in a faded pink Mickey Mouse T-shirt without a bra.

by Anonymousreply 90December 10, 2022 1:21 PM

All-caps troll is also double posting troll who is also the drive-by Bridget Fonda troll who doesn’t know what “MARY” means. Just wanted to get that straight.

I like Bridget Fonda. That said, like so many others have said, you don’t just gain 150 lbs when you turn middle-aged and have kids. Something is wrong here.

by Anonymousreply 91December 10, 2022 1:22 PM

I know you guys call people Mary, Fraus, etc. But what is the origin.

And how can anyone in their right mind keep track of who's who in here?

by Anonymousreply 92December 10, 2022 1:29 PM

Double posted because it wasn't posting! Probably my browser! And it still wasn't showing up then later appeared twice. Once it was once.

by Anonymousreply 93December 10, 2022 1:30 PM

A very telling interview she did. Clarifies a few things as well.

She also comes across as extremely articulate, deep, funny, and aware.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94December 10, 2022 3:36 PM

Keep in mind she is wearing unflattering clothes, no shape wear or make-up, etc. If she was glammed up by a stylist and made to wear tailored clothing she would look a lot better. She's not bigger than Pierce Brosnan's wife has been at times but Mrs. Brosnan is usually photographed coiffed and dressed to the nines.

by Anonymousreply 95December 10, 2022 3:44 PM

R94 What? I read that interview and it didn't clarify anything for me or tell me anything much that may pertain to this situation.

by Anonymousreply 96December 10, 2022 3:51 PM

The Bridget Troll is as tedious as the Klaus Schwab troll.

by Anonymousreply 97December 10, 2022 4:25 PM

Thing is, her husband looks like a demon. He does. He looks like a fucking demon.

But he might be a great guy. How the hell would I know?

But it adds drama to her fatness.

by Anonymousreply 98December 10, 2022 4:32 PM

R98 Right? Those Elfman genes are a bitch. He weirdly looks better now than he ever did, he should have always worn his hair long. Even still, the cut he picked is a little weird and not quite right.

by Anonymousreply 99December 10, 2022 4:50 PM

R1 Given the environment she grew up in, she has high odds of being a victim of any number of predators. Or maybe refusal to participate is what drove her retirement.

by Anonymousreply 100December 10, 2022 4:56 PM

Given eating disorders run in her family, and what she's seen Jane do to herself, she may be eating her feelings, with eating disorders it's never about the food, rather what it's representative of in your life. Compulsive over eaters are eating disordered patients as much as anorexic, or bulimics. I doubt food represents fuel to her, it could be comfort, it could be 'love', it could be her 'taking all she feels she deserves '.

Or she may have taken the route of being the mistress of her own destruction. Could be to change how others perceive and treat her. She could be trying to repulse, or appeal to her husband's preferences (wouldn't put Elfman out of the running for being a fetishist).

We'll have nothing but speculation, unless a memoir of biography/exposé about her is released.

by Anonymousreply 101December 10, 2022 5:06 PM

[Quote]We'll have nothing but speculation, unless a memoir of biography/exposé about her is released.

That'll never happen.

by Anonymousreply 102December 10, 2022 5:26 PM

[quote]Yes [R79], it's an unavoidable side effect and the main reason for noncompliance with treatment among schizophrenics.

So, what you are saying, these meds slow down the metabolism to a snail's pace?

I guess Bridget is on these meds, that could explain her enormous weight gain. Because, even if Bridget ate one tub of ice cream a day and three carb-filled meals, then didn't move much during the day, there is still no way she'd more than double her weight just from eating.

I know lots of overeaters, people who stopped eating meat, they now eat lots of carbs, they haven't gained this huge amount of weight. They also drink alcohol daily, yet these people still haven't become this obese.

There must be a medication and metabolism element to Bridget's enormous weight gain.

I cannot imagine why so many in this thread see her weight gain as in any way being normal because she's middle aged. Especially for a woman who was never fat as a child or as a teen. These posters keep flapping their lips claiming "she was using coke to remain thin" etc, yet, none of them seem to comprehend Bridget wasn't an obese child or an obese teen, who then starved herself during the years she was an actress.

Here's Bridget as a child with her family. You can see she never had weight issues when she was young.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103December 10, 2022 5:28 PM

R101 He said in an interview this week that he and Bridget watch the great British bake off show together. So, maybe??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104December 10, 2022 5:30 PM

He memtions Bridget often in this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105December 10, 2022 5:30 PM

R103 Her weight looks normal in that picture. And have you seen how many morbidly obese people there are? It is very easy to eat a lot and pile on the weight. Just go and watch some videos of competitions where people eat huge amounts in one sitting.

by Anonymousreply 106December 10, 2022 5:31 PM

R105 Another article I resent you for getting me to read. He does not mention Bridget often in it. He only mentions his wife once and it was just that they watched two seasons of a show.

by Anonymousreply 107December 10, 2022 5:34 PM

R96 She explains about her relationship with Jane, her anxieties and if she were to start a family, she'd give up acting.....

by Anonymousreply 108December 10, 2022 5:46 PM

We already know that, dipshit. When are you going to stop multiple posting?

by Anonymousreply 109December 10, 2022 5:48 PM

"Mary? Who is Mary? That's not my name! I also want to point out that I have been on DL since 162 and I am most definitely, 150% NOT a woman!"

Riiiiiight.......

by Anonymousreply 110December 10, 2022 6:00 PM

R98 Right, so you hate and judge a person based on just outward appearance and not knowing a thing about the person itself. Gotcha.

by Anonymousreply 111December 10, 2022 6:07 PM

R98 Right. So you hate and judge a person just based on their outward appearance meanwhile knowing nothing about the person themselves.

Gotcha.

by Anonymousreply 112December 10, 2022 6:08 PM

Why do I keep getting errors and needing to repost????

by Anonymousreply 113December 10, 2022 6:10 PM

R112 you need to clear your browser history and cookies, and check your internet connection. It usually happens if you're using data instead of wifi.

I like you by the way, and I like that you take feedback. This is a weird thing to be obsessed about, but where are we hmm? I'm enjoying the 90s nostalgia and the absurdity how banal her marriage seems to be.

by Anonymousreply 114December 10, 2022 6:15 PM

R112 get off your high horse. YES I judge Danny Elfman’s creepy, fucking looks and style.

by Anonymousreply 115December 11, 2022 12:53 AM

R64, is unhinged Danny 🧝

by Anonymousreply 116December 11, 2022 12:57 AM

R115 So because he has a wacky style/looks, always has, but is actually a really funny and nice guy... You go and start crazy creepy assumptions as if they were fact that he's probably abusing her, etc. Like really elaborate theories that are venturing on slander... You're the type of ass that made life a living hell for people like me and many others who grew up quirky, not some model, and were just who they were yet respectful of everyone but people like you decided to start shit, make up shit, etc. No, he's not a fucking satanist. And not everyone who's skinny who's wife's fat means they're abusive. And not everyone who's unique looking and is wacky is a creep or a fucking satanist! You people also realize he's a theatrical guy and maybe if you just read like one interview about it, your questions would be answered. His tattoos he's had going for decades and got more in 2020. The way he looks now is kinda pretty much how he looked up until he went into scoring fulltime. Hair, too. He's just a goofy guy. He's said one thing that he and Bridget bonded over when they first started dating and now, is their mutual love of creepy horror movies and the Evil Dead or one of those movies.

by Anonymousreply 117December 11, 2022 1:02 AM

R116 I take that as a compliment. Thanks. Because I respect the guy.

by Anonymousreply 118December 11, 2022 1:04 AM

R117 take your meds. Earlier I stated he looks like a demon- because I think he does. Not that I think he is an actual demon. LOL!

I didn’t get into that Satanist thing. That’s your trip, man.

by Anonymousreply 119December 11, 2022 1:10 AM

R117 I'm shocked anyone would ever think he's a Satanist. Where could such notions come from.

by Anonymousreply 120December 11, 2022 1:44 AM

R104 Lies!

[Quote]Filmwise, the last film I saw that I really loved was All Quiet On The Western Front. Great score, incredible production. I was really blown away. And streaming stuff, I really love The Patient with Steve Corell. I found this show with my wife and we watched two seasons and loved it called American Vandal. Just ridiculous, but totally fun. Of course, I’m madly addicted to The Great British Baking Show. I just finished the last season of that. I just watched a Barbarian with my family over Thanksgiving weekend. And The Northman I really loved.

Much as I cackled at the accusation that a middle-aged man would watch the Great British Baking Show with his fat wife as a subversive method of psychologically torturing her, he watched American Vandal with her.

by Anonymousreply 121December 11, 2022 1:45 AM

This is a post from one of Danny and Bridget's former assistants. There. Done with the rumours he's controlling her etc.

Simple Google search confirms an assistant of a similar name in full worked for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122December 11, 2022 2:55 AM

And

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123December 11, 2022 3:00 AM

And....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124December 11, 2022 3:02 AM

It is admitted by Danny that before they were married they'd meet up for lunch and shop for chandeliers and weird furniture decor. They're just a fun couple. Chill.

by Anonymousreply 125December 11, 2022 3:04 AM

And this link below is where people on here began the slandering. And why we are here to defend the Elfmans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126December 11, 2022 3:10 AM

I’m assuming Danny is rich as fuck since he has scored zillions of movies for decades.

by Anonymousreply 127December 11, 2022 4:00 AM

Danny is creepy and rarely mentions his wife on Instagram

by Anonymousreply 128December 11, 2022 5:36 AM

Why would he mention her? She's gone into decline.

by Anonymousreply 129December 11, 2022 5:39 AM

Let this be a lesson to all of you. Treat youth well!

by Anonymousreply 130December 11, 2022 6:02 AM

R128 Probably respecting her wishes to not be??????? But he mentions her in his Instagram replies to fans on occasion. Case in point, when he was posting things from their chicken rooster pen and he mentioned his wife was the expert about chickens/farm animals and that she came up with some of the names for them. They had these funny names.

by Anonymousreply 131December 11, 2022 7:14 AM

☝🏼 Danny has posted a lot on encouraging physical fitness during pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 132December 11, 2022 7:16 AM

R127 Yes, and that pertains to this topic why exactly?

by Anonymousreply 133December 11, 2022 7:17 AM

R132 Yes he did. Most likely he was getting Bridget involved as well and might be why she's been out and about more. He might have encouraged her to get better. How do we know otherwise? Also she might've been worse before and this is an improvement and she's been making progress? Society is always so quick to judge and assume!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 134December 11, 2022 7:19 AM

Well this all escalated quickly...

by Anonymousreply 135December 11, 2022 8:03 AM

They are so incredibly boring.

by Anonymousreply 136December 11, 2022 8:54 AM

Danny had better keep Bridget away from those chicken pens, she might go on an eating frenzy.

by Anonymousreply 137December 11, 2022 8:55 AM

What do you think they're doing with those chickens?

by Anonymousreply 138December 11, 2022 9:02 AM

R138 He explained it weekly and video blogs about it during lockdown. Shows exactly what they do.

by Anonymousreply 139December 11, 2022 9:07 AM

Kind of impressed, kind of worried by how closely you follow his Instagram page. Any insights into their lives that are notable?

by Anonymousreply 140December 11, 2022 9:19 AM

How much weight does camera add? R5. I would think with flat screen tvs , people look more normal

by Anonymousreply 141December 11, 2022 10:18 AM

R140 Why? I'm a fan and have followed his Instagram since he started it. Its just simple, basic, following something you're a fan of. He posts on it a lot and is very active with shows and the new album he released and its just simple basic, following a popular account and simply seeing the updates lol. Plus, the chicken videos were a big thing for us fans and very funny ones. He meant them to be funny and was during lockdown and some updates last year. I actually follow it less than most fans who read through every reply he makes to each fan and I don't follow all his medias.

by Anonymousreply 142December 11, 2022 12:47 PM

R142 As long as you're happy and healthy, it doesn't matter. They were doing comedy skits with the chickens?

by Anonymousreply 143December 11, 2022 1:15 PM

[quote] Bridget Fonda is hardly "out and about".

She is very literally out and about in every pap photo and video we've seen. This thread is utter insanity.

by Anonymousreply 144December 11, 2022 1:23 PM

This isn't criticism, r44. This is Q-loon levels of conspiracy theory, with people talking about Satanism and demons and finding photos of her family to "prove" that "something must be wrong because no one in her family is fat." It's crazy. There are a half-dozen personality disorders banging up against each other in this thread (yours included) and none of you will admit that you're behaving irrationally.

by Anonymousreply 145December 11, 2022 1:26 PM

R144 R145 😂🤣😆😅🤪😝😀😆

by Anonymousreply 146December 11, 2022 1:37 PM

I'm crying 😂

by Anonymousreply 147December 11, 2022 1:39 PM

I am actually dying laughing over here now.

by Anonymousreply 148December 11, 2022 1:40 PM

I can see why people think Danny Elfman is a Satanist, he seems to go out of his way to cultivate that aura. Good for him. It does come across as sincere though.

As for him and Bridget, they seem to poke around doing things middle-aged rich people do. What could he possibly be doing to hurt her?

by Anonymousreply 149December 11, 2022 1:41 PM

R15, R35, R36 MUST be Ed Grimley. Or Hank Kimball from [italic]Green Acres.[/italic]

Omg it's so exhausting!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150December 11, 2022 1:42 PM

Danny's tattoos are honestly gorgeous, you could defensibly call them artwork.

Is that skeleton with the fat butt on the top left supposed to be Bridget? 🤣 If so, that's weirdly adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151December 11, 2022 1:43 PM

R151 the one tat is of their previous beloved family dog that died.

by Anonymousreply 152December 11, 2022 1:45 PM

Where he talked about the origin of his then series of tattoos around 2003? 2004?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153December 11, 2022 1:49 PM

In this blog re-post he explains his odd collection and why.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154December 11, 2022 1:54 PM

So there goes your fucking Satanist, stirs up demons trash theory..out the window on its ass.

by Anonymousreply 155December 11, 2022 1:55 PM

The dead dog was a Satanist, of course.

by Anonymousreply 156December 11, 2022 1:58 PM

He's hot. If you ask me. Danny 1993

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157December 11, 2022 2:00 PM

R156 🤣

by Anonymousreply 158December 11, 2022 2:00 PM

Adorable, cute as hell interview between Danny and Richard Blade. The guy is just fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159December 11, 2022 2:02 PM

Danny with a pancake. He would post these funny clips on Instagram through lockdown. They're still all on there. He's a sweet funny guy.

Trying to show there's way more to a person than some baseless nonsense by people who have zero knowledge at all about the person and base on one pic or ....tattoos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160December 11, 2022 2:06 PM

He looks like an EVIL SATANIC TODDLER in R160.

by Anonymousreply 161December 11, 2022 5:27 PM

That poor innocent pancake.

by Anonymousreply 162December 11, 2022 7:29 PM

I'm beginning to think Elfman himself is posting here.

by Anonymousreply 163December 11, 2022 11:29 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if he's the one stirring up rumors in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 164December 12, 2022 3:41 AM

Weird Science indeed!

by Anonymousreply 165December 12, 2022 5:51 AM

R164 About himself or his wife???!!

You're insane. Seek help.

by Anonymousreply 166December 12, 2022 12:19 PM

R163 Seek help.

by Anonymousreply 167December 12, 2022 12:20 PM

Demons don't exist, you know, right?

If you nutjobs want to talk about a real legitimate evil musician who actually has been accused of actual abuse and satanism...go look into Marilyn Manson.

by Anonymousreply 168December 12, 2022 4:36 PM

Danny is a Jewish Atheist!

He was brought up Jewish but later became atheist in his teens.

His brother (and son, and Jenna Elfman) practices Jewish holidays and traditions but is also a Scientologist as well.

by Anonymousreply 169December 12, 2022 4:40 PM

Yes but he styles himself in a demonesque manner.

by Anonymousreply 170December 12, 2022 5:01 PM

R170 Because he's a fan of all that scary movie shit and obviously plays around purposely making the evil faces and grins and part of the Elfman thematics. Its his shtick. His brother is worse, though. LOL

But seriously, did you not live in the USA during the 80s and 90s or follow any pop culture? You'd not be shocked about anything he does if so.

by Anonymousreply 171December 12, 2022 6:16 PM

Bridget in 2012.

Last seen in public events 2009.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172December 12, 2022 6:37 PM

Bridget in 2011

She's always worn that kinda loungewear

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173December 12, 2022 6:41 PM

R172, she looks in shock

by Anonymousreply 174December 12, 2022 9:29 PM

R174 ?

by Anonymousreply 175December 12, 2022 9:47 PM

Proof that she's been out and about and in public doing life stuff in between ...just not industry shit. Or attends stuff of Danny's but incognito/non disclosure (heard of stuff like this) for her privacy.

There's more on old celeb gossip page archives.

by Anonymousreply 176December 12, 2022 9:51 PM

At R173's image from 2011 BF's wearing very baggy shapeless clothing that does her no favors but she still looks fairly thin in the face.

by Anonymousreply 177December 12, 2022 10:17 PM

There was some gossip that Dwight Yoakam treated her badly/possibly abused her when they dated in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 178December 12, 2022 11:32 PM

R178 Really?? He's annoying. Don't like him. Dwight, that is.

Where did you hear that at?

She wasn't with him long...

by Anonymousreply 179December 13, 2022 1:09 AM

Bridget has suffered low self esteem her entire life . She was raised in the Hollywood scene . It’s so far from idyllic it’s pitiful

by Anonymousreply 180December 13, 2022 1:18 AM

So it looks like she started putting on the weight around 2012.

by Anonymousreply 181December 13, 2022 2:09 AM

R166 I'm sorry I implied that Danny Elfman likes drama and attention. Hope I can find a therapist who cares about this as much as you do.

by Anonymousreply 182December 13, 2022 4:32 AM

Some of us are still curious what the hell that one person back in February was talking about saying they'd once read that Danny abused her (but they weren't sure if mentally or physically) and they never specified where they read this or context. Assuming was some Blind Item that could have been about anybody??

by Anonymousreply 183December 13, 2022 5:42 PM

R179 It came up oddly enough because of Friday Night Lights. I was a big fan of that show when it aired, and Yoakam won the lead, but they went with Kyle Chandler because Yoakam was a pain in the ass during contract negotiations. Anyway, when that came out, other stories about him surfaced, including that he treated women badly and was abusive to several of them.

by Anonymousreply 184December 14, 2022 12:54 AM

Sharon Stone had a thing with Dwight Yokam and came out if it calling him a dirt sandwich!

Remember that? Am I writing fiction? Can’t tell anymore.

by Anonymousreply 185December 14, 2022 1:15 AM

Eww.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186December 14, 2022 1:50 AM

R185 Sharon said kissing Dwight was like kissing a dirt sandwich. Which I'd assume would be more like kissing a wet infected turd.... Now HE is foul.

by Anonymousreply 187December 14, 2022 2:45 AM

R184 Not at all shocked. He comes across as a complete douchebag in everything. Think he had some other copyright/contract foul ups as well.

by Anonymousreply 188December 14, 2022 2:48 AM

The only question I have is how did the paps initially find her. It's not like they were hanging out and they happened to notice "hey, that woman is Bridget Fonda!" because she's essentially unrecognizable. Somebody had to tip them off. A mother of her son's classmate?

by Anonymousreply 189December 14, 2022 10:02 AM

If they'd get a divorce, she would get half of all, right?! Maybe she is doing the same thing Katie Holmes did with Tom Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 190December 14, 2022 10:54 AM

R186 That picture smells like cigarettes and dip.

by Anonymousreply 191December 14, 2022 10:58 AM

I thought she waited out a contract R190.

by Anonymousreply 192December 14, 2022 11:00 AM

The video of them in OP's post couldn't be more awkward. She's the good wife looking at him when he speaks, tilts her head towards him and he is basically ignoring her, interrupting her and his head tilts away from her.

If he treats her like this all the time, even though she married him bc she loved him, I may have an answer for why she was putting on the pounds.

He's also the breadwinner, and a very successful one too. She's basically a housewife, she gave up her promising career for him and for their family life together.

by Anonymousreply 193December 14, 2022 11:24 AM

R193

She's always like that in interviews and awards events. Check out older red carpet stuff with them and also by herself and her exes. She grew up in the Fonda dynasty and "groomed" per se into public etiquette mannerisms. Like the royal family. Fake smile, same poses, move on..etc. Think I read her say she felt uneasy at those events but it was ingrained into her to just go on autopilot. Her ex Eric stoltz always had funny ways of dealing with public things and interviews, though. But she never looked genuinely at ease at events. Even with her own Fonda family, look thru all of Getty images and videos and she looks like that. Autopilot..and isn't really into it. She looked extra uncomfortable at that last event she was at, the Weinstein Inglorious Basterds red carpet party. And those clips of her by herself.

In quite a few, she and Danny seem at ease...when walking amongst themselves.

by Anonymousreply 194December 14, 2022 4:50 PM

Yeah, her smile has often seemed very "set," not an expression of joy or amusement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195December 14, 2022 4:53 PM

R195 Yeah. Its kind of weird. But just seems very formal, professional, on auto. She's a Fonda....

In the original post video it just looks like her usual thing.

by Anonymousreply 196December 14, 2022 5:18 PM

R193 She's a FONDA. She has her own fortune.

And Danny always interrupts in interviews. Talks over interviewers and also his old band mates. He's just like that, and scatterbrained.

by Anonymousreply 197December 14, 2022 5:20 PM

Scatterbrained or an asshole? People who chronically do that are assholes. Oh he’s just scatterbrained! Are you his doting grandma?

Welcome to ExcuseDannyElfman’sRudeBehavior.com

by Anonymousreply 198December 14, 2022 5:30 PM

R198 He has severe ADHD. its public knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 199December 14, 2022 5:38 PM

Asshole

by Anonymousreply 200December 14, 2022 5:47 PM

He should take his Ritalin like a good 70 year old boy.

PS i hate oingo boingo- ex bf favorite band. Can’t stand it.

His film score work all sounds the same.

by Anonymousreply 201December 14, 2022 5:48 PM

I had no idea he was still performing until this thread. Mission accomplished.

by Anonymousreply 202December 14, 2022 5:59 PM

R190 Her and Elfman have been married for 19 years. IIRC you only have to be married for 10 years in California to get half of everything.

by Anonymousreply 203December 14, 2022 10:09 PM

Is Bridget still fat?

by Anonymousreply 204February 5, 2023 3:56 AM

r22 is projecting.

by Anonymousreply 205April 22, 2023 9:22 PM

She was definitely a Wiensten victim. The poor dear

by Anonymousreply 206April 22, 2023 11:35 PM

She was in a serious car accident in 2003 with injuries to her thoracic spine. Perhaps she developed stenosis, pain, and decreased mobility.

by Anonymousreply 207April 23, 2023 12:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!