Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Beatles: Paul took photo focused on John's naughty bits

While in Paris on that famous vacation on John's 21st birthday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 26, 2023 3:32 PM

Imagine

by Anonymousreply 1February 26, 2022 11:17 PM

Watching these two in Get Back brought back all my old speculations about the intensity between them.

I think it’s most likely nothing was ever consummated, but that there were complicated feelings on both sides, that at least one of them (maybe both) didn’t reflect on and understand until it was too late.

by Anonymousreply 2February 26, 2022 11:19 PM

I think they had intermittent sexual relations. Complicated. They probably started as two close adolescents who had a unique intense relationship and then happen every now and then. Paris being one such place and time. They never resolved it due to the times. John strikes me as more bisexual or even repressed gay and Paul mostly only had it on for John.

by Anonymousreply 3February 26, 2022 11:23 PM

The combination of fury, coldness, sadness, and competition they both showed toward each other intermittently after the break-up reminds me of falling out with a close friend I got romantically involved with.

by Anonymousreply 4February 26, 2022 11:27 PM

Not bad , not great.

by Anonymousreply 5February 26, 2022 11:31 PM

It’s eerie that the arch in the back looks a little like the Dakota arch and that his haircut ,on that day, harkened back to the early days.

by Anonymousreply 6February 26, 2022 11:36 PM

It's clearly a highly sexualized photo. The type you take of your boyfriend in Paris when he's 21 and you're a bit younger.

by Anonymousreply 7February 26, 2022 11:39 PM

I didn’t realize John had such nice thighs.

by Anonymousreply 8February 26, 2022 11:56 PM

In more than one interview when saying he shared a bed with John many times in the early years, Paul qualifies it by saying that they "topped and tailed it." It's curious that he seems to need to add that bit.

Say you were in a strictly platonic relationship with a same-sex friend and someone made a suggestive comment; wouldn't you just laugh it off and say, no, we didn't – end of story? In Paul's case, by qualifying it, it seems like maybe there's more to the story and he has to cover it up with this image that they're sleeping with their feet in each other's faces.

[quote]I grew up with John. We kind of–we slept in the same bed in hotel rooms. We topped and tailed it like kids do, you know, when you're growing up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 27, 2022 12:03 AM

I have the ‘Two Virgins’ album he did with Yoko in 1968, where they were naked on the cover. Hung onto it all these years. Anyway, he’s hung like a horse (and uncut for those who care.)

by Anonymousreply 10February 27, 2022 12:56 AM

Should have said he WAS hung…

by Anonymousreply 11February 27, 2022 12:57 AM

[quote] I have the ‘Two Virgins’ album he did with Yoko in 1968, where they were naked on the cover. Hung onto it all these years. Anyway, he’s hung like a horse (and uncut for those who care.)

We've all seen the photo of his uncut and probably unwashed average size penis, a million times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 27, 2022 1:31 AM

Sexy stance, prominent Basket, cute Zipper, strong meaty thighs, he was young and vibrant, adventurous, horny all the time, I can see it happening with Paul, sure. Still both musical geniuses for the ages, and humanity is better for it.

by Anonymousreply 13February 27, 2022 2:25 AM

"he has to cover it up with this image that they're sleeping with their feet in each other's faces. "

What if... Maybe, they each had an unresolved foot fetish?

Can you imagine that?

by Anonymousreply 14February 27, 2022 2:34 AM

The trip to Paris in1961 -just the two of them- sounds and looks like a honeymoon for them.

- "John and I went to Paris on birthday money he received from a relative. He must have been fond of me to spend that money. He let me have all the banana milkshakes I wanted.".- Paul McCartney

- In 2007, Paul described his idea of heaven as a journey to Spain through France....which is exactly what his trip to Paris in '61 was, with John.

“Don’t you miss England?”, “Frankly”, John replied, “I miss Paris.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 5, 2022 4:55 AM

R9 Do you have a lot of straight guy friends?

It’s not uncommon at all for two teenagers, especially ones who drink a lot, to sleep in the same bed together.

I’d go to parties and by the end of the night my guy friends would be passed out spooning each other.

by Anonymousreply 16March 5, 2022 5:11 AM

John was certainly NOT "hung like a horse".

Don't you just love when people on DL lie, then someone can immediately find photographic proof of the lie, then post the photo! 😂 🤣

by Anonymousreply 17March 5, 2022 6:49 AM

[quote]Watching these two in Get Back brought back all my old speculations about the intensity between them.

"But the romantic friendship between Paul and John, fraying yet unbroken, is the band’s, and the film’s, emotional center. It’s constantly flickering in their eyes, in the physical chemistry between them, in the rhythms they fall into that leave everyone else a few inches outside.”

— In ‘The Beatles: Get Back Is an Eight-Hour Love Story‘ by Carl Wilson for Slate (20 November 2021).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 5, 2022 10:17 PM

Reminds me of this hilarious NY Post cover from a few years ago:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 6, 2022 1:35 AM

Here's Paul focused on John's ass....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 7, 2022 2:10 AM

- “We were each other’s intimates.” -Paul about John in The Beatles: A Biography

- “Paul and I know each other on a lot of different levels that very few people know about.” -John

Q Magazine - 1998 :

Q: “If John Lennon could come back for a day, how would you spend it with him?”

Paul: “In bed.”

by Anonymousreply 21March 21, 2022 11:54 PM

They were adolescent virgins

With a sense of humor stolen from Peter Sellers and The Goons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 22, 2022 12:02 AM

John's books were definitely Goon rip-offs.

by Anonymousreply 23March 22, 2022 3:30 AM

John Lennon aped Peter Sellers.

George Martin produced comedy records for Sellers and The Goons prior to producing for the Beatles.

I assume they're all on drugs in this incomprehensible video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 22, 2022 3:51 AM

It was so sad that they couldn't 'starting over'.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 26, 2023 3:20 AM

[quote]I didn’t realize John had such nice thighs.

R8, well buckle up because the way John thrusts his undulating hips is just shameful I tell you, just horrid. I had to watch this 5 hours straight just to make sure I was seeing what I was seeing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 26, 2023 4:23 AM

The thought of John and Paul together does absolutely nothing for me 😴

by Anonymousreply 27May 26, 2023 8:15 AM

"He let me have all the banana milkshakes I wanted"

by Anonymousreply 28May 26, 2023 8:48 AM

Meaty thighs.

by Anonymousreply 29May 26, 2023 9:14 AM

Who would have thought that “banana milkshake” could be a double entendre.

by Anonymousreply 30May 26, 2023 3:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!