Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Yellowstone Marathon on Paramount

I've been hearing so much about the show, but I never watched it.

Since Paramount is airing a Yellowstone marathon for President's Day Weekend from the very first episode, I decided to watch it.

Now I know what all the buzz is about. It's such a good show!

It's like a Montana soap opera. Who knew there was so much drama in the middle of nowhere??

Kevin Costner is excellent, as is Wes Bentley. Is Wes Bentley's character really gay? I'm still on season one, so I don't yet know what happens in future seasons.

Luke Grimes is super hot. But I prefer Jimmy the ranch hand. He has an understated sexiness.

I checked the ratings on Wiki, the show started out in the two million average viewers range, and the season four finale reached nine million viewers. That's phenomenal!!

I'll bet the other networks are so jealous for passing on this show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102September 4, 2022 12:53 AM

The opening music for Yellowstone sounds more suited to Game of Thrones, than a show about the American West.

by Anonymousreply 1February 19, 2022 10:42 PM

Paramount also had a marathon of seasons 1-4 at the end of December last year. I DVR'd all 4 seasons and just finished season 2 yesterday. I will watch S3 today. Season 4 starts today on Paramount, in case anyone is interested.

I love the Dutton house! I would love to do a VRBO or AirbnB there. The scenery is beautiful and looks very peaceful.

For me, this is a bit like Billions but set in the West. Rich people doing illegal and underhanded things.

by Anonymousreply 2February 21, 2022 12:31 PM

I am totally addicted to this show now.

Luke Grimes is sexy as fuck! I have a new obsession.

I feel so sorry for Jamie. Beth is such a cunt to him. I really can't stand her.

Rip is a fucking badass. Sexiest character on television, in AGES.

And Kevin Costner is an absolute gem. This show makes him a national treasure.

I love how they're constantly trashing Californians on this show. It's so deserved. And Costner can do it, because he's a native Californian.

But I agree that the best part is the scenery, which I believe is in Utah and not Montana.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 21, 2022 6:33 PM

This show is also very smart.

I am learning so much about land issues, property rights, etc.

I love how Costner and his team are educating people with this show.

by Anonymousreply 4February 21, 2022 6:42 PM

Now I understand why someone started a Ryan Bingham thread.

He's sexy as "Walker" on this show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 21, 2022 6:48 PM

Whoever writes for the character of Beth, deserves 100 Emmys.

That character is so evil and smart and manipulative and complex.

I don't think I've ever seen a character like Beth before.

You never know what her next move will be. And when you think you've figured it out, she still surprises you.

by Anonymousreply 6February 21, 2022 8:47 PM

I’m in Season 1 still - I can’t take the branding seriously. Not even a bit. It’s romance novel level shut about togetherness and masculinity and power through servitude

Beth is such a ridiculous male fantasy - crazy, hypersexual, abusive, yet everyone takes her seriously.

by Anonymousreply 7February 22, 2022 12:36 AM

I don’t like Beth. Her hair bugs me - looks like a wig. And she’s just not realistic at all. Is she a train wreck? A smart, disciplined business woman? And how did she go from a scaredy-cat cry baby at a somewhat formed age to a monster with no apparent feelings at all? And why doesn’t anyone ever stick up to her?She’s completely unlike-able. Why would people let her get away with shit? Why (as pointed out above) do people take her seriously? She’s wasted almost all the time.

by Anonymousreply 8February 22, 2022 1:30 AM

Taylor Sheridan is so damned hot.

He's an excellent writer and producer.

Who knew? And how have I never heard of him before?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2022 3:36 AM

I can't believe I bawled my eyes out at the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 10February 22, 2022 4:05 AM

R9 Taylor Sheridan was the sheriff in season 1 of Sons Of Anarchy. Shirtless several times. Nicknamed Captain America by the bikers. He quit the show when his screenplay for Siraco got on then Black List.

by Anonymousreply 11February 22, 2022 4:35 AM

[quote] I don’t like Beth. Her hair bugs me - looks like a wig. And she’s just not realistic at all. Is she a train wreck? A smart, disciplined business woman? And how did she go from a scaredy-cat cry baby at a somewhat formed age to a monster with no apparent feelings at all? And why doesn’t anyone ever stick up to her?She’s completely unlike-able. Why would people let her get away with shit? Why (as pointed out above) do people take her seriously? She’s wasted almost all the time.

Exactly! And her family name and power doesn’t negate her behaviour. No one takes Eric and Don Junior seriously. No one takes drunken lap dancing ho Kim Guilfoyle seriously.

This is a high gloss soap opera - Dallas with 75% less camp - but even for that, Beth’s version archetype of a damaged, sexual woman never rings true because people who behave like that are shunned. She’s not even disciplined enough to be plausible as a woman in finance .

by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2022 4:44 AM

I like the new kid so much better than that stupid kid Tate.

I love Kacey, but his family is SO fucking boring. Everytime they come on, I go and do something else because they bore me.

He should be with that Native American stripper girl. At least she has a personality.

And it makes me laugh when I hear all the Natives talk about their pride, and their culture and heritage, etc. And then all of them on the show are married to white people. Some pride, huh?

It's such a bummer that Jimmy left. I really liked his character.

by Anonymousreply 13February 22, 2022 4:49 AM

Having watched the marathon, I was glad that the show didn't succumb to Hollywood wokeness and try "diversity casting" for a show about cattle ranchers, in 90%+ white Montana.

They held true to that in the first few seasons, but unfortunately they succumbed (to pressure maybe?) to the wokeness, and cast a black sheriff and black public defender in this small Montana town in the middle of nowhere.

Give me a fucking BREAK. I thought the show had more integrity than that, but I guess not.

Who knew there were so many black people in Montana??

by Anonymousreply 14February 22, 2022 4:52 AM

There were black characters in the first season, r14, a cowboy and Dan Jenkins’ business partner.

[quote] they succumbed (to pressure maybe?) to the wokeness, and cast a black sheriff and black public defender in this small Montana town in the middle of nowhere

It’s set in glossy Bozeman, not in Tumbleweed, Bumfuck county.

by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2022 4:59 AM

Don’t worry, r14, you’ll be thrilled to notice that the Chinese-white actress playing Monica wasn’t replaced after her lies to production about her non-existent Cherokee ancestry were uncovered.

by Anonymousreply 16February 22, 2022 5:07 AM

You can tell she wasn't Native, R16. It was pretty obvious.

But I guess when minorities lie about their ethnicity it's okay.

When white people do it, it's a fucking crime.

The bitch should have been fired. Anyone else who lied on their resume, would have been.

by Anonymousreply 17February 22, 2022 6:06 AM

Why is Wes Bentley so damned skinny?

It makes his face look so gaunt and sickly.

Wes used to be so handsome, and now he just looks old because he's so thin.

And if he looks this thin on camera (which adds 10 pounds), I can only imagine how scary he looks in real life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 22, 2022 2:21 PM

Wes used to look so healthy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 22, 2022 2:24 PM

Really enjoyed this show, even though I agree it has a evening soap opera quality about it, Beth is over the top. The scenery, actors and focus on land issues: settler's vs. developers vs. Native Americans is very interesting as someone who lived in the Southwest for years. I tried to watch Succession but everyone was so repulsive, I gave up.

by Anonymousreply 20February 22, 2022 2:37 PM

I never cared much for Kevin Costner but he does have a genuine movie star thing about him. Great that he's been able to revive his career this way.

by Anonymousreply 21February 22, 2022 2:39 PM

[quote] But I agree that the best part is the scenery, which I believe is in Utah and not Montana.

I just discovered the show originally filmed in Utah, but moved its entire operation to Montana in 2020.

I guess Montana was pissed that it was being used for the story, but got none of the financial benefits from the show.

by Anonymousreply 22February 22, 2022 2:42 PM

Is it confirmed that Kelsey Asbille has no Cherokee heritage? I Googled and saw that the tribe said they had no record of her, but is that absolute proof? Obviously, she is primarily Asian and Caucasian, but that doesn’t rule out some Cherokee ancestors. I think if she hid the Chinese dad, that’s pretty damning because that would cause people to believe that the vaguely “ethnic” cast to her features might be because she is part Native American. I assumed she was.

Was this a big story and I missed it? I would have expected a bigger fuss, if she flat-out lied. But if it wasn’t, I don’t think that means she “got away with it.” An actress lying to get a role is not comparable to lying to get a spot in law school and then running for president. Also, she is not a break out star. I had no idea what her name was. It wasn’t right, though. And it’s also not comparable to lying about your age or height.

by Anonymousreply 23February 22, 2022 2:54 PM

R23 this is from her own Wiki Page:

[quote] Her parents are Dr. James Chow and Jean Chow. She has two younger siblings: a brother, Forrest, and a sister, Kiersten. Chow has said her father is Chinese, and her mother an American from Columbia, South Carolina. She stated in 2010 that because her father is Chinese, she wanted to be more fluent in Mandarin Chinese, as well as read traditional Chinese characters.

[quote] In 2017 and 2018, when she was cast in Native American roles, she claimed to be "part Cherokee" and to have a "Cherokee identity". She told The New York Times that she was of "Eastern Band Cherokee descent" and that playing an Indigenous woman was "in [her] blood." This resulted in the tribe issuing a statement that they have no record of Chow, nor did they find any evidence that she is a descendant.

[quote] For all of her screen credits up through 2017, she is listed as Kelsey Chow. For most of her roles since that year, such as for Wind River, Yellowstone, and Fargo (when she has portrayed Native American women) she is credited as Kelsey Asbille.

This girl is a shady bitch.

And anyone else would have been fired for it.

But her being... you know. I guess she gets a free pass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 22, 2022 2:58 PM

I read the Wikipedia page, but missed the part about her changing her name. Yeah, that is pretty damning. I think it is a stretch to suggest that she got away with it because she is part Asian, though. My best guess is that she is just obscure. It is odd, though, that it wasn’t a bigger story.

by Anonymousreply 25February 22, 2022 3:09 PM

Costner should dump her, then make the pretty Native girl the love interest for Kayce.

It's unconscionable that this fraud is still on the show.

Rachel Dolezal was VILIFIED for doing the exact same thing.

Just one more example of Native Americans getting fucked over.

by Anonymousreply 26February 22, 2022 4:50 PM

Why is the show called Yellowstone, if it's in Montana?

by Anonymousreply 27February 22, 2022 5:34 PM

My Yellowstone crush is Ian Bohem who plays Ryan.

Beth is probably good in small doses. If I watched the series on a weekly basis I would probably enjoy her more. Binging the show brings much too much Beth.

R13, I thought I read that the character of Jimmy is going to be in the “6666” spin-off.

The prequel series, “1883”, is very good as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 22, 2022 5:53 PM

[quote] My Yellowstone crush is Ian Bohem who plays Ryan

Every time I see Ian trying to act like a cowboy, it makes me giggle.

Anyone who has ever met him, knows that he's a big old queen.

Even when he's just engaging in banter with the other cowboys in the bunkhouse, he still manages to queen it up.

But Ian is still adorable. And I'm happy to know that the show is gay friendly. Especially because Ian is out, and it's no secret.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 22, 2022 5:56 PM

Ian and Colton. Lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30February 22, 2022 5:58 PM

Were Ian and JR Bourne ever a couple?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31February 22, 2022 5:58 PM

R27, I wondered the same thing so I looked it up. Yellowstone National Park is in the northwestern corner of Wyoming. The fictional Yellowstone ranch is supposed to border it, so that would place it in along the southern border of Montana.

Also, the name Yellowstone is not unique to Yellowstone National Park. The Yellowstone River runs through Montana and Wyoming, but more of it is in Montana. The ritzy, real-life Yellowstone Club development is near Big Sky Montana. And I think a lot of people enter Yellowstone park via southern Montana.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32February 22, 2022 6:04 PM

I am surprised Kelly Reilly is still getting roles; she was practically catatonic in True Detective a couple of years ago

by Anonymousreply 33February 22, 2022 6:35 PM

Great interview with Luke Grimes and Kevin Costner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34February 22, 2022 8:13 PM

I've been binging the show and really enjoying it, although there are a couple really corny soap scenes (the one where Jaime's campaign manager/girlfriend confronts him and tells him she's pregnant. (eyeroll)

I'm also befuddled about what happened to the device they planted in the Beck Brother's private plane (that was supposed to blow up on their way to the contrived meeting in Jackson Hole). That thread was just dropped. I suppose the next poor sap that inherited the plane is SOL.

by Anonymousreply 35February 23, 2022 1:05 AM

Is Jamie gay?

by Anonymousreply 36February 23, 2022 4:04 AM

Beth is ridiculous. A 50 year old woman running around like a psycho 22 year old and all the men goggle at her like she’s the biggest badass of all time.

by Anonymousreply 37February 23, 2022 4:09 AM

Oh, if Beth was raised by a man worth $5 million instead of a billion, she’d be real estate agent posing in the Capitol, bragging she would not go to jail because she is white, blonde with a great job.

by Anonymousreply 38February 23, 2022 4:33 AM

[quote] they succumbed (to pressure maybe?) to the wokeness, and cast a black sheriff and black public defender in this small Montana town in the middle of nowhere

Don’t watch Somebody, Somewhere set in a farming community. You will NOT handle it r14. The main gay character’s love interest is (gulp) mixed race and a college graduate (bullshit!). A black frau yummy mummy (vomit) is also seen frequenting the local gift store (not shoplifting, come on!).

by Anonymousreply 39February 25, 2022 1:29 AM

Laughed my ass off when Kevin Costner got mad that his son fell into the river, and all his money in his wallet was drenched when he jumped in after him, so he got mad and chucked it on the fire.

Though in the show’s defence it was supposed to funny.

by Anonymousreply 40February 25, 2022 10:30 AM

That was his grandson Tate, R40.

Not his son.

by Anonymousreply 41February 25, 2022 11:46 AM

I’m watching Rip pick up a cowgirl turned stripper at a club dancing to I’d Die Without You by PM Dawn.

This a very specific sexual fantasy of Taylor Sheridan because he reused the song in that Jeremy Renner show.

by Anonymousreply 42February 27, 2022 8:26 AM

Cole Hauser was blonde and handsome during his 1990s Ben Affleck era. Now he’s 30kg heavier and liberally coats his hair and beard in boot polish black Just For Men.

by Anonymousreply 43February 27, 2022 12:20 PM

Interesting, R42.

I remember that scene well, because the music seemed so out of place for Yellowstone.

by Anonymousreply 44February 27, 2022 1:04 PM

There's a large amount of filler in this show - musical montages of cattle roping and endless horrible songs by Walker.

by Anonymousreply 45February 27, 2022 6:18 PM

I just realized something.

Beth kept calling Jamie gay, and "accusing" him of being gay.

That was before his heterosexuality was clearly established on the show. Before that, it was ambiguous.

After he got together with his campaign manager and had a kid, he's clearly NOT gay.

So Beth saying those things, was essentially calling him the F-word.

And I'm not cool with that. It was totally fucking homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 46March 2, 2022 12:19 AM

When does Yellowstone return for season five?

by Anonymousreply 47March 2, 2022 3:10 AM

[quote] And I'm not cool with that. It was totally fucking homophobic.

That was the point. Beth is a terrible person and will stoop to homophobia to diminish her brother.

by Anonymousreply 48March 4, 2022 7:58 AM

Yet she keeps getting portrayed as the "hero" of the family, R48.

Nice try, though.

by Anonymousreply 49March 4, 2022 6:28 PM

I don't see her the hero. Maybe in her mind. Her father, Kevin Costner lets her get away with stuff because she was very young and witnessed her mother die. This is a very flawed family, like most families except with more money.

by Anonymousreply 50March 4, 2022 7:15 PM

[quote] Nice try, though.

You’re taking this weirdly personally. Beth is a self-indulgent, immature, nasty, manipulative piece of shit and has been portrayed as such since the first episode.

by Anonymousreply 51March 4, 2022 8:02 PM

Is Mayor of Kingstown in the Yellowstone universe? CT

by Anonymousreply 52March 6, 2022 10:03 AM

Mayor of Kingstown isn't part of the Yellowstone universe but it's only available on Paramount+.

by Anonymousreply 53March 7, 2022 12:39 PM

I was wary of this series, figuring it would be red meat for red state fools, but Taylor Sheridan is too shrewd for that. The politics re native American rights could be part of the 1619 project.

Beth in season 1 is clearly based on Dorothy Malone’s maneating character in “Written on the Wind,” which she won the 1956 Supporting Oscar for. But the character is considerably softened by season 3.

by Anonymousreply 54March 7, 2022 12:48 PM

I am 3/4 of the way through Hell Or High Water. Ben Foster was excellent as was Jeff Bridges who seemed to be playing Tommy Lee Jones in No Country For Old Men. I see the point Sheridan was trying to make, but Bridges’ constant “ur indian lol” jokes to Gil Birmingham got boring after the first 12 or so.

by Anonymousreply 55March 19, 2022 11:31 AM

Isn’t Luke Grimes the one who quit True Blood because he didn’t want to play gay and kiss guys?

by Anonymousreply 56March 19, 2022 11:50 AM

R54 exactly. Taylor Sheridan is the master of that. Almost all of his work is inherently progressive thematically, but the window dressing is all the usual macho, trucks-and-horses-and-testosterone right-wing red state bullshit. Yellowstone especially- not to get too deep, because it’s still a silly soap opera, but I think the entire thing is really about the deadly, tragic futility of overboard toxic masculinity.

by Anonymousreply 57March 19, 2022 3:09 PM

Basically everyone on that show is either miserable or soon-to-be dead because they can’t let go of the “old ways”.

by Anonymousreply 58March 19, 2022 3:12 PM

[quote]I love how they're constantly trashing Californians on this show. It's so deserved.

CA is the reason red state shitholes haven't shriveled up and died.

by Anonymousreply 59April 23, 2022 1:57 AM

Beth is my spirit animal ! I love her evil and vile manipulations,plus she gets to fuck Rip who Id die for. I cant wait for season 5 and this is coming from someone who hated westerns most of my life.

by Anonymousreply 60April 23, 2022 2:32 AM

Months removed from the Season Four finale of Yellowstone, fans are starting to get antsy about the upcoming season—what happens next. Slated to debut later this year, the Kevin Costner-led series will, its now been announced, return with a massive order of 14 episodes. However, in an April interview with E! News, Yellowstone star Gil Birmingham said that he hadn't received scripts yet, prompting speculation that the series would be pushed into fall as opposed to keeping its traditional summer slot. More on that below.

As the Duttons head into their fifth season, set to begin filming in May, the series is riding a massive wave of popularity, as well as enjoying several award nominations for its fourth season. While there is no official return date, the series (which amassed a staggering 15 million viewers for its most recent finale) will follow John, Beth, Rip, Jamie, and Kayce as they navigate a contentious gubernatorial election, a growing threat from outsiders, and one hell of a blackmail situation between two Dutton siblings.

The renewal comes with news of Paramount's continued expansion of the Taylor Sheridan universe; 1883, the Yellowstone prequel enjoyed a hefty amount of eyeballs during its first season and two other shows from the creator remain in production. The franchise also recently announced 1932, a sequel to the 1883 prequel (yes, it's... confusing). Just know that if you're invested in Yellowstone, there's plenty to get invested in after you finish the core series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 3, 2022 4:36 AM

Gil Birmingham (Thomas Rainwater) was one of the Conans in the CONAN: SWORD & SORCERCY SHOW at Universal Studios Hollywood in the mid-80s....and also was in Diana Ross' "I Want Muscles" video. He was smokin' hot in the 80s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62May 3, 2022 8:13 AM

I want muscles.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 3, 2022 8:17 AM

[quote]The opening music for Yellowstone sounds more suited to Game of Thrones, than a show about the American West.

I don't know about the opening music, but I'd bet that the graphics on the opening credits were done by the same outfit who did THE PACIFIC.

by Anonymousreply 64May 3, 2022 9:48 AM

R56 Yes, Luke Grimes is that guy

I tried to watch this but after that HORRIBLE boardroom scene with the redhead who needs acting lessons acting "Just like a man" I was really turned off. She was awful. But I've seen a couple of scenes with a HOT Black dude with an afro and Bingham's hot, so I'll give it another try.

by Anonymousreply 65May 3, 2022 11:27 AM

[quote] I tried to watch this but after that HORRIBLE boardroom scene with the redhead who needs acting lessons acting "Just like a man" I was really turned off

That white haired corporate executive lady is the best actor/actress on the show.

That bitch is EVIL. She even threatened to "rape" the Yellowstone Ranch. (That was kind of an appalling line, and I'm surprised that it made it past the censors).

But Jacki Weaver's a really good actress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66May 3, 2022 11:36 AM

Yellowstone to premiere in late Summer!

[quote] 'Yellowstone' Fans Will Lose It After Hearing This Big Season 5 Update

Yellowstone fans, this is the season 5 update you’ve been waiting for.

After John (Kevin Costner) rode off at the end of the season 4 finale with a heavy heart, the writers behind the Western drama have mostly remained silent about what’s to come for the Dutton family in season 5. While Deadline reported that filming for season 5 would kick off in May, actor Gil Birmingham, who plays Broken Rock leader Thomas Rainwater, recently revealed that this might not be the case. “We haven't even gotten the scripts yet," he told E! News on April 27. But according to Yellowstone creator and showrunner Taylor Sheridan, the show is right on track — and he even spilled about a potential season 5 premiere date.

Speaking with Variety for their cover story published on April 20, Taylor shared important details about what's next. Per the magazine, Yellowstone season 5 will pick up with John going after the title of Montana governor. As fans know, this caused palpable tension between the Dutton patriarch and his eldest son, Jamie (Wes Bentley). After the lawyer spent years working up to the position, John stepped in at the last minute and threw his name in the hat. Jamie had no choice but to publicly support the decision, and now he’s in deeper water after Beth (Kelly Reilly) snapped a photo of him in the middle of a criminal act.

What’s more, we now know that season 5 of Yellowstone will be supersized. The previous four installments had an average of 10 episodes each, but the new season will have a total of 14 episodes. Variety reports that Paramount Network will split the 14 episodes into “two seven-episode offerings.”

To put a cherry on top of this major news, Taylor also confirmed to the outlet that production will begin in May and season 5 will have “a premiere date in late summer.” That’s right, the hit series will get closer to its original premiere schedule of June instead of having fans wait until November like last year.

So, there you have it. Taylor is about to call the cast and crew back into action for Yellowstone season 5, which will be here before we know it. If we’re lucky, we may just end up celebrating Labor Day with new episodes featuring our favorite ranchers and cowboys, including Jimmy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67May 4, 2022 11:43 PM

Season 4 was lackluster with too much time spent establishing Jimmy at that ranch in Texas.

by Anonymousreply 68May 4, 2022 11:51 PM

I agree R68. Who's idea was it anyway to spotlight that fuglier than fug's character anyway?

by Anonymousreply 69May 5, 2022 2:38 AM

I’m still in season 2. Beth’s attempted rape was intense and as lazy as that trope is for strong female characters she responded in character, screaming “Pull it out and show me”.

by Anonymousreply 70May 6, 2022 10:50 AM

[quote] Obviously, she is primarily Asian and Caucasian, but that doesn’t rule out some Cherokee ancestors

I, too, identify part Cherokee. Here’s to another injun kid like my good self.

by Anonymousreply 71May 6, 2022 12:20 PM

Cole Hauser is so hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 7, 2022 6:26 PM

Cole Hauser needs to lose the beer gut and the Just For Men hairdye.

by Anonymousreply 73May 9, 2022 9:29 AM

Is this show anything like my beloved HATFIELDS & McCOYS? Because I don’t believe anything else Costner has done could top it. It’s the perfect Western drama series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 9, 2022 9:46 AM

I loved Hatfields and McCoys! It was peak late era Kevin Costner.

He is great in Yellowstone, which is more of a glossy, crime-adjacent, family-saga neo-soap with superb scenery. Think Billions meets Sons of Anarchy meets Dynasty, but less tacky.

by Anonymousreply 75May 9, 2022 10:33 AM

Wes Bentley has beautiful hair. That pepper and salt mop is glorious.

This is why men shouldn’t dye their hair.

by Anonymousreply 76May 9, 2022 11:26 AM

I like Tater, Jennifer Landon brings a lot to what could be a very annoying character. But a Malibu soap opera actress playing a marble mouthed Texan freak? She was totally cast for the novelty of having the Landon name on this cowboy show.

by Anonymousreply 77May 9, 2022 12:33 PM

Watching Carter be abused by psychos Rip and Beth for a season was no fun. It’s hard to go “yass Queen” when Beth spits out some stupid mean girl line about wishing ass cancer on Piper Perabo or cheering on Rip when he beats the shit out of someone when he treats that kid like a mangy dog.

Which is fine but we’re supposed to look at Beth and Rip and think “couple goals!”.

by Anonymousreply 78May 10, 2022 11:46 AM

I don't think the show presents Beth or Rip as anything more than deeply damaged people who inexplicably love each other.

by Anonymousreply 79May 10, 2022 12:44 PM

The cruelty with which Rip and Beth treated that orphan kid all damn season was so over the top it came dangerously close to comedy.

by Anonymousreply 80May 10, 2022 2:32 PM

So is they show like a cattle ranch version of Dallas? Yes, I realize that the Ewings lived on a cattle range but didn't give a damn about their animals.

by Anonymousreply 81May 10, 2022 3:51 PM

Glenn Close lives in Bozeman, often mentioned on the show as nearby, and it’s snowing rn! I know the elevation is high but I didn’t realise quite how high.

No wonder the cast are dressed in all those stylish layers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82May 11, 2022 8:06 PM

Jacki Weaver is a G.

by Anonymousreply 83May 12, 2022 3:36 PM

[quote] I don't think the show presents Beth or Rip as anything more than deeply damaged people who inexplicably love each other.

The show’s merchandising suggests otherwise. It’s not inexplicable. They are the OTP. The Ross and Rachel. The Clark and Lois.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 12, 2022 4:12 PM

They're doing another Yellowstone Marathon this weekend on Paramount!!!

Today, they're starting with season one.

It's the perfect chance to catch up!!!

by Anonymousreply 85May 28, 2022 9:10 PM

PS, all four seasons will be shown this weekend.

It usually starts at about 8 am and ends around 7 pm each day.

Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

by Anonymousreply 86May 28, 2022 9:11 PM

My god that shit is embarassing R84 ! I hope they paid him a train load of money for that schlock.

by Anonymousreply 87May 28, 2022 11:57 PM

The Beth character became a caricature of her season 1 self, in seasons 2-4.

It's like people kept telling the actress, "You're so badass," so she played it to the extreme.

Now, her character is just laughable. But not believable.

by Anonymousreply 88May 29, 2022 2:43 AM

I watched season one all day Saturday.

I have a crush on the Indian physical therapy guy who was hitting on Monica. He's hot.

I'm ready for another marathon day of watching Yellowstone. Bring on season two!

by Anonymousreply 89May 29, 2022 11:05 AM

[quote] I have a crush on the Indian physical therapy guy who was hitting on Monica. He's hot.

The actor's name is Martin Sensemeier, and he's part European, part Alaska Native.

I think he's quite handsome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90May 29, 2022 1:30 PM

Martin Sensemeier was also in the movie "The Magnificent Seven."

He'll be playing the character of Olympic athlete Jim Thorpe in an upcoming movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91May 29, 2022 1:32 PM

The early seasons are fun, r89. Season 4 which had the shows highest ratings is its weakest thus far.

by Anonymousreply 92May 29, 2022 1:35 PM

I want a man like Rip.

Strong, masculine, protective.

He's my ideal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93May 29, 2022 9:03 PM

Why would a Native American name their kid Tate?

And I love how Beth had to be the "white savior" for Monica, when she got arrested for shoplifting.

*rolling my eyes*

by Anonymousreply 94May 29, 2022 10:35 PM

I honestly don't understand why Beth is so upset with Jamie.

Her reaction to him is so fucking over the top, that it becomes unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 95May 30, 2022 6:46 PM

He took her to get an abortion when she was a teenager. What he didn't tell her was that the abortion came with a hysterectomy.

by Anonymousreply 96May 30, 2022 7:01 PM

If Rip takes revenge on Jamie for Beth’s hysterectomy, I want Costner to denounce Rip, like how Paul Newman denounced Tom Hanks for wanting to kill Daniel Craig in The Road To Perdition.

by Anonymousreply 97June 5, 2022 8:25 PM

I just started watching it too. I am late to the game but found it on soap2day.

by Anonymousreply 98June 5, 2022 9:37 PM

I'm all caught up and waiting for Season 5 and honestly I have no idea why Wes Bentley's character is still alive. He is SO unpleasant.

by Anonymousreply 99June 5, 2022 10:35 PM

It's the best, soapiest series on TV. Period, the end.

by Anonymousreply 100June 6, 2022 4:45 AM

Yellowstone Marathon alert!

Season 1 is being shown today on Paramount, and the other seasons throughout the rest of this weekend.

Luke Grimes!

by Anonymousreply 101September 4, 2022 12:37 AM

I am presently in Season 3. The daughter is my kind of gal.

by Anonymousreply 102September 4, 2022 12:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!