Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Holy Fuck. Chynna Phillips is a Nutso Jesus Freak

Jeezus Christ (no pun intended). She's on GMA3 right now and rambling on about Jesus, being a "prayer warrior," talking about how prayer helped her win on Family Feud, and hoisting her little dog into the camera.

When the hell did she go over the edge?

by Anonymousreply 81March 15, 2022 2:25 PM

And she's not even married to that one Jesusy Baldwin brother.

by Anonymousreply 1February 18, 2022 7:54 PM

Once an addict, always an addict

Even if she's not back on the drugs, it's something to replace that craving.

by Anonymousreply 2February 18, 2022 7:58 PM

I still remember 15 years or so ago when Wilson Phillips reunited (briefly) and the girls made an appearance on Howard Stern. Chynna had no problem discussing the lesbian affairs she had as a teen & young adult. Even the Wilson sisters were shocked by how forthcoming she was with all the details.

I wonder what she would say about her past indiscretions now?

by Anonymousreply 3February 18, 2022 8:13 PM

Her youtube channel is a treasure trove of her "bad girl" revelations

by Anonymousreply 4February 18, 2022 8:17 PM

I'm sacred! (and naked!)

by Anonymousreply 5February 18, 2022 8:20 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 18, 2022 8:20 PM

Who knew that the entire Baldwin clan was going to go batshit. And marry it.

by Anonymousreply 7February 18, 2022 8:23 PM

Isn't Billy a hardcore Liberal though? He was always tweeting such. I guess they're not mutually exclusive but it's hard to place hardcore Christianity inside left-wing politics in 2022 and have it make any sense (I say this as an avid atheist and hardcore Democrat)

by Anonymousreply 8February 18, 2022 8:26 PM

Weird, I've been thinking Billy was the right-wing one for years. I guess I don't know the non-Alecs from each other very well.

by Anonymousreply 9February 18, 2022 8:30 PM

No shit, Sherlock - about 5 existing threads about her.

by Anonymousreply 10February 18, 2022 8:31 PM

YouTube randomly stuck one of her "Califonia Preachin" (or whatever it's called) vlog series in my Recommended queue. It was one where Mama Michele was over the house for a visit. Chynna, Michele and brief appearances by Billy, they all looked really awful - partly chalk that up to getting old & just relaxing at home. Michele had some interesting stories and reminiscences as they looked at old pictures. I dipped into a few more videos where Michele was present. Yes Chynna is nuts. None of them seem to have any issues with the late Papa John and his incestuous ways.

by Anonymousreply 11February 18, 2022 8:37 PM

R8 Billy's very liberal, yes. Hates Trump.

by Anonymousreply 12February 18, 2022 8:54 PM

Papa John had kids from ~ 3 different women, including Mackenzie's mother and Chynna's mother (Michelle). At some point, Michelle got custody of Chynna's younger half-brother (Papa John the father) by a different woman (not Michelle). There was a plan for Chynna and the younger brother (Tamerlane) to have a visit with Papa John. Michelle warned Chynna about the visit, making her responsible for what happened. Papa John ends up basically kidnapping Tamerlane. I can't remember where Papa John took Tamerlane, US or not. Chynna felt guilty and she was a child, too.

In one of Chynna's videos, she told this story.

Chynna is insufferable with her Jesus talk. I'd want to stab her or myself if I had listen to her. But I do feel sorry for her and Mackenzie.

by Anonymousreply 13February 18, 2022 9:04 PM

In a recent episode of CALIFORNIA PREACHIN', Chynna and Billy were going over a tabloid article counting down the Top Ten Most Dysfunctional Hollywood Families.

Obviously both the Baldwins and Phillips were on the list with Chynna's fam beating out the boozin and brawlin baldwin boys.

I expect further contributions to this trash heap from Bieber & Baldwin, Bijou's husband's upcoming Rape conviction, and obviously Chynna.

However, let's leave Mackenzie out of this, she has been through enough.

by Anonymousreply 14February 18, 2022 9:11 PM

[quote] let's leave Mackenzie out of this, she has been through enough.

Amen. She seems to be doing well. and remarkably sane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 18, 2022 10:04 PM

This is news? Isn't she married to a crazy Baldwin brother?

by Anonymousreply 16February 18, 2022 10:14 PM

Weird, I've been thinking Billy was the right-wing one for years. I guess I don't know the non-Alecs from each other very well.

No, the younger brother Stephen, father in law of Beiber is the MAGA.

by Anonymousreply 17February 18, 2022 10:17 PM

R15, yeah, the sane one gets into LANDMARK. ;-)

by Anonymousreply 18February 18, 2022 10:23 PM

Chynna is a Jesus nut, but she's harmless. Her videos are kind of pleasant, whacky, religious, but again, harmless. Thank god for her husband, Billy Baldwin, who just ignores, indulges or lets her be but he does not judge or make fun or her.

by Anonymousreply 19February 18, 2022 11:05 PM

Holy Shit, R6. I guess The Wilson Sisters were the real vocal talents in Wilson Phillips!

by Anonymousreply 20February 18, 2022 11:12 PM

I thought Billy was also a religious nutjob, I got him confused with the other Baldwin, Stephen, Bieber's father-in-law.

It's always bizarre when the kids of extremely permissive parents, Papa John and Michelle Phillips, end up finding God.

by Anonymousreply 21February 18, 2022 11:16 PM

R20, she also had this song - both of them were pretty sizeable hits in Australia in 1996. I was quite surprised to read just then that these songs weren't really successful in the US, I just assumed they had to be because otherwise why would we have got them? Haha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 18, 2022 11:27 PM

I’m naked and scared

by Anonymousreply 23February 19, 2022 12:45 AM

[quote] I’m naked and scared

R6, R23, also known as 'Naked And Scared (Love Theme from a Harvey Weinstein Audition)'.

by Anonymousreply 24February 19, 2022 2:37 AM

Maybe having sister Mackenzie spill the family secrets sent her over.

by Anonymousreply 25February 19, 2022 9:48 AM

[quote] Billy Baldwin, who just ignores, indulges or lets her be but he does not judge or make fun or her.

They appear to actually care for each other. I watched an episode where Chynna takes Billy to a drive-up covid test site. The swabber recognizes him, only able to place him after hearing his name. Chynna gets a bit miffed that she is not recognized. Trying to drop a clue she launches into the refrain of "Hold On". Still nothing. She sulks. It's hard to believe she could really be that desperate.

by Anonymousreply 26February 19, 2022 10:08 AM

What's wrong with her vocals r20?

by Anonymousreply 27February 19, 2022 10:15 AM

R27 Chynna, just go to bed. you'll feel better in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 28February 19, 2022 10:18 AM

R28 her voice MADE that song Hold On, ok. Don't forget or disrespect!

by Anonymousreply 29February 19, 2022 11:01 AM

As far as I'm concerned ego, waste & greed are the greatest sins. All 3 are the roots of everything that's corrosive & debilitating in the human spirit. So I always find it repulsive how these Jesus freaks are usually so unwittingly (or wittingly, who knows) just dripping with all 3 of these aspects. People like her, Bieber & his wife, the Kardashians, Joel Olstein, TD Jakes, Joyce Mayer, Sharpton, Kathie Lee, the list goes on & on, are no more moral than Ted Bundy. There's more spirituality & inspirstion in the arts than anything coming from any of these egomaniacs. Anyone who claims to be uplifted by any of people or anyone like them is morally, spiritually & ethically hollow to begin with & should seek inward before seeking elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 30February 19, 2022 11:59 AM

...by any of THESE people... (We need an edit feature!)

by Anonymousreply 31February 19, 2022 12:02 PM

She proselytizes to ""walk people home", really wants to help others. She is medicated for depression. Her son recovered from a cancer diagnosis and she is still reeling from this.

by Anonymousreply 32February 19, 2022 1:51 PM

She's bored.

Bored, bored, BORED.

by Anonymousreply 33February 19, 2022 2:23 PM

I guess Chynna is a proficient singer. I just don't enjoy her sappy style of singing, e.g., in this clip (California Dreamin'). I also dislike "Hold On" and "You're in Love."

She was the only one, publicly, in her family to not shit on Mackenzie's incest claim re: Papa John. Chynna knew it was possible and I give her credit for not leaving Mac hanging like the rest of the family did.

I 100% believe Mackenzie. She's doing so well now, surprisingly well. It gives me hope (Mary!) that people can grab ahold of their lives and make it different.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34February 19, 2022 5:31 PM

Hearing her in that clip maybe she's more suited as a studio singer. Carnie is probably the best out of them all

by Anonymousreply 35February 19, 2022 8:36 PM

Grace Slick & Paul Kantner named their daughter China, was it a popular name back then?

by Anonymousreply 36February 19, 2022 9:16 PM

Chynna sings like a child on the Mickey Mouse Club.

by Anonymousreply 37February 19, 2022 9:28 PM

[quote] Chynna sings like a child on the Mickey Mouse Club.

You mean like Annette? Or did you mean The All New Mickey Mouse Club? Like Britney, Christina, Justin & Ryan?

by Anonymousreply 38February 19, 2022 9:38 PM

Just high-pitched and shouting, no subtlety.

by Anonymousreply 39February 19, 2022 9:41 PM

Certainly not the full-throated Darlene, r38!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40February 19, 2022 9:42 PM

[quote]talking about how prayer helped her win on Family Feud

God really is everywhere! I always wonder how he chooses which side to help, when fans or members of both teams are shooting their prayers to the heavens?!

by Anonymousreply 41February 20, 2022 1:01 AM

R41 He ALWAYS picks the white people.

by Anonymousreply 42February 20, 2022 2:37 AM

[quote]Thank god for her husband, Billy Baldwin, who just ignores, indulges or lets her be but he does not judge or make fun or her.

I wonder if Billy is patronizing on (video) camera because he needs her Youtube channel to $ucceed. He does low-budget movies in Italy and that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 43February 20, 2022 5:14 AM

Mac Phillips has done many religious right shows over the years including several no names preachers

on TBN that I can't even remember their names (this was at least 20 years ago).

Has Chynna ever mentioned who converted her to Christianity?

by Anonymousreply 44February 20, 2022 8:05 AM

R14 only the O'Neils are crazier than the whole Phillips freaks.

by Anonymousreply 45February 20, 2022 8:18 AM

[quote] What's wrong with her vocals [R20]?

R27, Chynna's vocals sound thin & shrill on her solo singles. I certainly never noticed it on any Wilson Phillips records! So my assumption is that the Wilson Sisters/three-part harmonies made her more bearable.

To be fair, it could also be the obnoxiousness of that Late 90s Pop/Faux-Rock sound that also doesn't sit right with me.

by Anonymousreply 46February 20, 2022 2:44 PM

On paper one would have thought that Wilson Phillips would have been a supergroup of a sort but they basically sucked R34. The Wilson daughters can harmonize really well but I'm not shocked at that since Brian Wilson actually had choral singers in his family and all, it's in their DNA.

I don't mind Chynna. I've glanced at her YouTube channel and she's harmless. What did her dad do to her? Papa John was a sick bastard. Chynna had a solo lp come out when Mackenzie spoke of her situation with Papa John and Chynna did fearlessly side with her sister. Poor dear would do pr for her lp and just did not give a shit if anyone asked her about Mackenzie because she tried to have her back. I like that.

by Anonymousreply 47February 20, 2022 2:55 PM

Dad was not in her life and when he was, he was high. Chyna tells of visiting her young brother who was unfed and neglected while her father got high with his wife.

by Anonymousreply 48February 20, 2022 3:07 PM

Isn't Chynna the only Phillips child that speaks to McKenzie? I'm pretty sure I've read she said she was close with her sister Chynna.

by Anonymousreply 49February 21, 2022 2:16 AM

R45 O'Neils?

by Anonymousreply 50February 21, 2022 2:19 AM

R50 O'Neals. Ryan, Tatum, et al.

by Anonymousreply 51February 21, 2022 2:49 AM

[quote]Chynna had a solo lp come out when Mackenzie spoke of her situation with Papa John and Chynna did fearlessly side with her sister. Poor dear would do pr for her lp and just did not give a shit if anyone asked her about Mackenzie because she tried to have her back. I like that.

She's a little vague, but okay. I would guess that she wasn't thrilled that her sister's book release was coinciding with her album release, but then again, they wouldn't have had the same audience anyway. The timing may have served as a scapegoat when Chynna's album failed, so there's a silver lining.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52February 21, 2022 4:19 AM

The O'Neals are every bit as crazy as the Phillips freaks.

by Anonymousreply 53February 21, 2022 4:49 AM

If you are not involving Jesus Christ, Our Lord and Savior, in all your family disputes, are you even really arguing?

by Anonymousreply 54February 21, 2022 4:56 AM

Shes an affected half-wit. She just loves her rapist brother in law, Danny Masterson. Secondarily, her sister is an asshole and major gay basher.

Baldwin is probably getting some on the side and looking for the nearest exit from the loony bin.

by Anonymousreply 55February 21, 2022 5:07 AM

BIL is accused of rape by an ex-girlfriend, 20 years ago

by Anonymousreply 56February 21, 2022 5:21 AM

Chynna went into rehab after Mackenzie came out about the “affair” with Dad. I give C credit for standing by Mac when everyone was turning on her & calling her a money-grubbing addict.

My reality TV low point came from watching WP: Still Holding On about 8 yrs ago. Wendy (my fave) was sweet but naive, Carnie’s a bombastic spazz, but Chynna was a raging bitch! The show ended on a cliffhanger, with all 3 getting matching tattoos. Only Chynna backs out right after the sisters get theirs.

by Anonymousreply 57February 21, 2022 5:44 AM

R56 In June of 2021, Danny Masterson was charged with raping 3 women. Two more women came forward after that, so there are 5 women alleging that Danny raped them. Three out of the five are Scientologists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58February 21, 2022 6:07 AM

Correction: Three out of the 5 women WERE Scientoligists.

by Anonymousreply 59February 21, 2022 6:08 AM

crap --- Scientologists.

by Anonymousreply 60February 21, 2022 6:09 AM

R57, Wendy always was my favorite too. I know WP was heavily produced but I liked her voice.

by Anonymousreply 61February 21, 2022 6:58 AM

Who wears crazy better The Phillips clan or the O'Neal clan?

by Anonymousreply 62February 21, 2022 7:00 PM

R62 I'd argue that the O'Neals do crazy better. Less incest.

Wither the O'Neal-Fawcett troll? I miss them. They were one of my favorite DL trolls for the brief period they constantly posted about Ryan and Tatum.

by Anonymousreply 63February 21, 2022 7:05 PM

[quote] [R62] I'd argue that the O'Neals do crazy better. Less incest.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan had sex with Tatum. Tatum said she "was 'exposed' to her father's sexual escapades and drug use as a young child."

Also, I think Ryan did fuck a teenaged Melanie Griffith.

Finally, Ryan, at Farrah's funeral, supposedly not recognizing Tatum, tried to pick her up. Said hello to her, do you have alcohol, do you have a car, let's go, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64February 21, 2022 7:12 PM

R64 Actually, I forgot about those details. I stand corrected. I totally forgot about Ryan trying to pick up Tatum at Farrah's funeral!!!

by Anonymousreply 65February 21, 2022 7:17 PM

Tatum and Drew Barrymore were pretty much exposed to the same inappropriate behavior as young girls - being dragged into the adult party world, introduced to drugs, etc. Drew, whatever you think of her, seems to be a happier more accomplished person. Tatum had so much potential, it's kind of sad.

by Anonymousreply 66February 21, 2022 9:06 PM

Chynna is a great storyteller if you ignore all the Jesus talk.

Apparently she turns down lots of acting work due to "family obligations."

Denis's people approached her for Dune 2 and she would not commit due to the travel obligations. She also turned down "Mare of Easttown" offer for the Lori Ross role.

by Anonymousreply 67March 12, 2022 3:16 AM

[quote] Apparently she turns down lots of acting work due to "family obligations."

Undoubtedly.

Is that what's meant as good storytelling? And when the hell did she decide she could act?

by Anonymousreply 68March 12, 2022 5:35 AM

It's probably for the best she turns those roles down. Can you imagine working with her on a set?

by Anonymousreply 69March 12, 2022 7:00 AM

Why didn't her mom continue acting though? She was good in Knots Landing

by Anonymousreply 70March 12, 2022 12:30 PM

Here's the video.

Chynna should have prepared an introduction for her segment on the (GMA) show. It's like she's doing one of her own videos. Anyone unfamiliar with her YouTube channel was probably kind of lost.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71March 12, 2022 12:56 PM

Yikes at the plastic surgery. Chyna looks Chinese now

by Anonymousreply 72March 12, 2022 1:45 PM

She looks like Susan Lucci.

And Susan Lucci looks great for 80, but it’s not so good for a 50-ish woman.

by Anonymousreply 73March 12, 2022 1:51 PM

Chynna is confirmed for John Wick 4 and Mandalorian Season 3.

Now being repped by WME.

by Anonymousreply 74March 12, 2022 9:05 PM

She’s in the wacky Baldwin clan, you know being that close to Stephen and Alec and his fake Spanish wife made her go legit off the deep end.

by Anonymousreply 75March 12, 2022 9:15 PM

All things considered, Chynna is probably the most normal one in the whole group.

by Anonymousreply 76March 12, 2022 10:03 PM

I'm not positive, but I think Stephen B. was the one to introduce Chynna to Christ.

Someone upthread said it was weird that children of these wild hippies would end up finding faith, but it makes sense to me. When you grow up the way Mac, Chynna and Bijou did with little stability and dysfunctional parents, religion probably offers a lot of needed structure and stability.

by Anonymousreply 77March 12, 2022 10:53 PM

[quote] religion probably offers a lot of needed structure and stability

It can, but if you watch any of her vlogs, while needed, there is little evidence of structure or stability. A job at the Cheesecake Factory in Sherman Oaks would provide more of both.

by Anonymousreply 78March 15, 2022 9:01 AM

Which one is the fat one? I always forget.

by Anonymousreply 79March 15, 2022 9:31 AM

Bijou

by Anonymousreply 80March 15, 2022 9:36 AM

This is old news.

by Anonymousreply 81March 15, 2022 2:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!