Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Receding hair at 60

Should I bother to treat it to slow down the receding hair? Rogaine or whatever.

I have no bald spot and likely won't as my maternal genes keep the hair up there. Just temples receding deeper now.

I heard Rogaine wrecks boners.

Also I used to be a looker, but now I'm just an old gent. Why bother? Would you bother?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 15, 2022 3:03 PM

Oh fuck you OP. I LITERALLY started to lose my hair when I went through puberty.

by Anonymousreply 1February 15, 2022 8:28 AM

R1 pity but you know its just genetics crap shoot.

by Anonymousreply 2February 15, 2022 8:29 AM

Accept the hand you’re dealt and age gracefully.

Contrived attempts to remain looking youthful seem desperate and pitiful.

by Anonymousreply 3February 15, 2022 8:44 AM

I see your point but does preventing hair loss LOOK contrived? It's not plugs. Or upper and lower Blepharoplasty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 15, 2022 8:50 AM

I think it is propecia that wrecks boners.

by Anonymousreply 5February 15, 2022 8:50 AM

any of you have any experience with the pills?

by Anonymousreply 6February 15, 2022 8:54 AM

My dermatologist wouldn't prescribe them because there was a study showing they increase cancer risk r6.

by Anonymousreply 7February 15, 2022 8:56 AM

Nothing wrong with using it. Sure, it says you're a little vain, but so what. It's hardly a mortal sin.

And yes Rogaine can destroy your libido for a time. Not as commonly as finisteride but it does happen.

by Anonymousreply 8February 15, 2022 8:56 AM

For a time? You mean the boner killer effect decreases with continued use of the drugs?

I could always go for an Eva Gabor glamour hair system.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 15, 2022 9:00 AM

What is your main reason for wanting to forestall your hair loss?

Be honest.

by Anonymousreply 10February 15, 2022 9:44 AM

I can unequivocally say that letting nature take its course will get you laid much more than tampering with your hair in any way, shape or form - including plugs, coloring, rogaine, propecia and, of course, toupees.

Those who think that a sexual partner will not notice are only kidding themselves.

I’d rather a hot encounter with a balding/bald guy, even with a hotshot male pattern baldness, than a prissy session with some beauty parlor patron.

by Anonymousreply 11February 15, 2022 10:07 AM

Hotshot>> horse shoe

by Anonymousreply 12February 15, 2022 10:08 AM

Go for it. And if doesn't work, go for topical finasteride. Keeping your hair is the same as taking care of your skin, keeping your teeth white, staying lean and fit.

Or you can just let it all go...your choice.

by Anonymousreply 13February 15, 2022 11:01 AM

60 is definitely not too old to use minoxidil and/or topical finasteride. start with rogaine and just use it when you brush your teeth. Easy peasy.

by Anonymousreply 14February 15, 2022 11:55 AM

There is no control, r14, to know whether or not the goop works on your hair.

To make sure, you should only use it on one-half of your scalp. Try this.

by Anonymousreply 15February 15, 2022 11:58 AM

Once you start rogain/propecia you can’t stop or you’ll lose any improvement you gained.

by Anonymousreply 16February 15, 2022 12:00 PM

Don't let old biddies deter you from doing what'll make you happy about yourself.

Also, no reason to splurge on name-brand Rogaine; the generics are the same and a lot cheaper.

by Anonymousreply 17February 15, 2022 1:42 PM

I thought Rogaine had a pretty low success rate which was why people used Propecia

by Anonymousreply 18February 15, 2022 1:45 PM

I'd say the main advantage is simply taking the pill instead of rubbing that stuff on your scalp twice a day for eternity and leaving your hair sort of dirty feeling. But there is a small increased cancer risk with the pill.

by Anonymousreply 19February 15, 2022 1:53 PM

Don’t waste your money. At 60 in the gay world, you might as well be dead.

by Anonymousreply 20February 15, 2022 2:04 PM

I feel you, OP. I'm 72 and have to have my hair person gray my temples and selectively add some silver strands and I have to wear glasses because no one believes my curly black hair is all mine and untouched and that my crystal blue eyes aren't colored by florescent contact lenses.

I won't even mention the suspicion my rippling abs and perky bubble butt triggers at the nude beach.

by Anonymousreply 21February 15, 2022 3:02 PM

R11 for the win

by Anonymousreply 22February 15, 2022 3:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!