Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Has anyone here ever met Danny Elfman?

I happen to be a pretty big fan since the Oingo days, and kind of shocked to see all the haters here? Weird. Why????? Might wanna watch some of his interviews. Hes a really neat guy...and not a freak Satanist. Lots of people seemed to get him wrong in those other threads...just a bit of research and you'll see. Also, he's always been eccentric and hes been working on his tattoos since the 90s. He just finished some up during lockdown.

by Anonymousreply 34December 10, 2022 5:32 PM

Stfu

by Anonymousreply 1February 6, 2022 8:37 PM

"Stfu?" Wow, that's rude.

by Anonymousreply 2February 6, 2022 9:03 PM

Bump!

by Anonymousreply 3February 7, 2022 7:17 AM

Have and he's very down to earth and polite, normal. Heard good things about him from people who've worked with him, too.

by Anonymousreply 4December 8, 2022 8:31 AM

OP, people here make fun of and disparage ANYONE who's perhaps slightly odd looking... then add tattoos and DLers are gonna be extra catty.

Elfman ain't special in that regard, OP. No need to defend him. Nobody really cares.

by Anonymousreply 5December 8, 2022 8:37 AM

OP - Check out the band, Dead Man's Party.

by Anonymousreply 6December 8, 2022 9:31 AM

That’s not a band - it’s an album title, R6.

The band’s name is Oingo Boingo.

Clod.

by Anonymousreply 7December 8, 2022 11:18 AM

[R7] Its also the title of one of their popular tribute bands.....

by Anonymousreply 8December 8, 2022 2:50 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 9December 8, 2022 2:52 PM

[R9] have you been living in a hole for the past 30-40 years? Guy who's done some of the most legendary movie and TV scores of our time. Simpsons, Batman, Spiderman, every Tim Burton film but one..etc.

by Anonymousreply 10December 8, 2022 6:37 PM

I have not. But if I do, I will personally thank him for his work on "Dolores Claiborne", my favorite of his scores (followed by "Batman Returns").

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 8, 2022 8:38 PM

[quote]Have and he's very down to earth and polite, normal. Heard good things about him from people who've worked with him, too.

Met him, worked with him, both back in the day and a few years ago, R4 is right. Very decent guy.

[quote]No need to defend him. Nobody really cares.

Well, it's kinda the point of the thread, r5, so it's fair to say that some of do. I hate to see a good guy get shit on for no reason.

The afore-mentioned Dead Man's Party

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 8, 2022 9:42 PM

[R12] Wow! How'd you get to work with him? You music person?

by Anonymousreply 13December 8, 2022 11:29 PM

I was back in the Oingo Boingo days, r13. Now I occasionally work in film.

by Anonymousreply 14December 9, 2022 12:14 AM

[R14] Cool!! What kind of stuff did you do, and any neat stories?

by Anonymousreply 15December 9, 2022 1:14 AM

Let's have a photo of him! He is now 69 years old. I have Weird Science by him and his band. Played it the other night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 9, 2022 1:19 AM

He looks good for his age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 9, 2022 1:23 AM

It's his daughter who people hate.

by Anonymousreply 18December 9, 2022 1:33 AM

He's a fat-wife groomer.

by Anonymousreply 19December 9, 2022 1:54 AM

[quote][[R14]] Cool!! What kind of stuff did you do, and any neat stories?

I am personally not at all interesting, r15. In the 80s I was a roadie, then became a photographer and a kind of promoter, I guess. In film, I am a technician, mostly. I have been to/worked on a lot of fantastic concerts/parties and met a lot of famous people. The Rolling Stones. The Who. The Clash. Grace Jones. Willie Nelson. Prince. David Bowie. Marianne Faithful.

...but honestly, no cool stories.

[quote]He's a fat-wife groomer.

You aren't nearly as funny as you think you are. Whatever she is going through, he is there for her. They are a devoted couple.

by Anonymousreply 20December 9, 2022 2:30 AM

One of my favorite scores of his is for the excellent thriller A SIMPLE PLAN.

His score for BLACK BEAUTY is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 21December 9, 2022 2:41 AM

“Neat?” He’s “neat?”

by Anonymousreply 22December 9, 2022 2:43 AM

I’ve been hanging out on Datalounge for years, and I’ve never heard anybody mention, let alone disparage, Danny Elfman.

by Anonymousreply 23December 9, 2022 5:27 AM

[quote]I’ve never heard anybody mention, let alone disparage, Danny Elfman.

People bring him up in threads about his wife Bridget Fonda, R23.

They like to joke that her weight gain has something to do with him getting muscly and tattooed - or vice-versa I'm not really sure.

But you know how so many DLers react to tattoos, now add in getting ripped in his 60s and having an odd haircolor and you got DL catnip... as they say.

by Anonymousreply 24December 9, 2022 5:51 AM

[R23] In each Bridget Fonda thread...and a few standalone ones. One thread turned into like 600 posts of just accusing him of being a satanist , which he isn't, because of tattoos and he's on the eccentric side.

[R24] I never understood why they have such a weird reaction to tattoos on here? Would make for an interesting psychological study there.

[R20] Have you ever met Bridget yet? And did she hang around back in the Boingo days? And do you like working in your field? I'd think you'd have A LOT of neat stories given all those you've worked with! Who was the most memorable one to work with?

by Anonymousreply 25December 9, 2022 6:28 AM

I have. All he wanted to do was stuff my face with food.

by Anonymousreply 26December 9, 2022 6:46 AM

[R26] you r Asshoke.

by Anonymousreply 27December 9, 2022 7:21 AM

R24, People also unfairly accused him on here as being a satanist and possible wife abuser due to his supposed "creepy" appearance, tattoos, and no anything to base this on. Last February.

by Anonymousreply 28December 9, 2022 2:19 PM

The Danny haters and Bridget mockers infuriate me.

by Anonymousreply 29December 9, 2022 2:20 PM

Still unsure how he's a Satanist and abuses Bridget. I think people on here have some unhinged beef against redheads...... They sure do about overweight people.

by Anonymousreply 30December 10, 2022 2:38 PM

Read

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 10, 2022 3:34 PM

Some frau is obsessed with Bridget Fonda and has created multiple threads. Had to nuke them all.

by Anonymousreply 32December 10, 2022 3:51 PM

[quote][[R24]] I never understood why they have such a weird reaction to tattoos on here? Would make for an interesting psychological study there.

The ones I’ve seen on his arms look like Maori symbols and patterns. It’s bizarre that anyone would think they’re Satanic.

by Anonymousreply 33December 10, 2022 4:11 PM

R33 yup. They're tribal. He's explained them all in intervues.

by Anonymousreply 34December 10, 2022 5:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!