Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Buddy Ebsen

I recently read this online about Nancy Kulp:

In 1984, after working with the Democratic state committee in her home state of Pennsylvania "on a variety of projects" over a period of years, Kulp ran unopposed as the Democratic nominee for the United States House of Representatives from Pennsylvania's 9th congressional district. As an opponent of Republican incumbent, Bud Shuster, in a Republican district, Kulp was the underdog. Sixty-two years old at the time, Kulp said some people might feel her background as an actress was "frivolous." But she noted that Ronald Reagan had taken the route from screen to politics and she said anyone who "listens and cares" can do well.

To her dismay, Hillbillies co-star Buddy Ebsen called the Shuster campaign and volunteered to make a radio campaign ad in which he called Kulp "too liberal." Kulp said of Ebsen, "'He's not the kindly old Jed Clampett that you saw on the show... It's none of his business and he should have stayed out of it.' She said she and Ebsen 'didn't get along because I found him difficult to work with. But I never would have done something like this to him.'" Garnering 59,449 votes, or just 33.6% to Shuster's 117,203 votes and 66.4%, she lost.

by Anonymousreply 21February 6, 2022 9:08 PM

Oh, Mr. Grant!

by Anonymousreply 1February 5, 2022 10:01 PM

r1, up your meds pronto.

by Anonymousreply 2February 5, 2022 10:25 PM

Chief! How could he do this to me?!

by Anonymousreply 3February 5, 2022 10:27 PM

[quote]Kulp "too liberal."

LITERALLY impossible.

by Anonymousreply 4February 5, 2022 10:28 PM

He was upset because Nancy was a muffdiver.

by Anonymousreply 5February 5, 2022 10:30 PM

Too bad the silver paint didn’t kill him.

by Anonymousreply 6February 5, 2022 10:36 PM

Buddy should have dove headfirst into the cement pond.

He lived in California and this was none of his business.

by Anonymousreply 7February 5, 2022 10:40 PM

Come and listen to my story about a man named Jed

A boorish right winger, from a southern state that’s Red,

And then one day he intruded in my electoral feud,

I am here to tell you that back-stabber deserves to be booed.

by Anonymousreply 8February 5, 2022 11:04 PM

Buddy was always trans friendly though.

by Anonymousreply 9February 6, 2022 2:13 AM

That was such a low down, rotten thing for Ebsen to do.

by Anonymousreply 10February 6, 2022 3:20 AM

Uncle Jed was a bit douchey.

by Anonymousreply 11February 6, 2022 4:40 AM

I'm not Lula Mae anymore, Doc.

by Anonymousreply 12February 6, 2022 5:16 AM

[quote] He lived in California and this was none of his business.

Does this same rule apply to George Soros and the prosecutors he has been funding to get elected all over the country?

by Anonymousreply 13February 6, 2022 5:38 AM

Yeah, Buddy was a douche.

by Anonymousreply 14February 6, 2022 5:41 AM

I used to work at a restaurant on Balboa Island in Newport Beach in the 80s. His ex-wife would come in for breakfast. The biggest FUCKIN' CUNT on the planet, to the degree that we used to make the hostess take her orders because she would not leave a tip ! Something turned that old hag into a fucking nightmare. I blame Ebson.

by Anonymousreply 15February 6, 2022 5:46 AM

He desperately needed someone to kick him in the cunt bone.

by Anonymousreply 16February 6, 2022 5:49 AM

This is the point where if I had a dick, I'd tell Buddy Ebsen to suck it.

by Anonymousreply 17February 6, 2022 6:15 AM

Actually, i don't blame Buddy. His bitch wife could've been the reason he bailed out.

R15

by Anonymousreply 18February 6, 2022 6:34 AM

Fuck off R13.

by Anonymousreply 19February 6, 2022 6:50 PM

He actually did apologize to her for doing it, and said essentially what she had...that it was none of his business and he should have stayed out of it.

by Anonymousreply 20February 6, 2022 7:34 PM

R19, No. You fuck off with your lack of principles.

by Anonymousreply 21February 6, 2022 9:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!