Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends: Buckingham Palace

Buckingham Palace is one of the most recognizable palaces in the world. But what does DL think of this fancy piles of bricks?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 5, 2022 3:21 AM

Highlights.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 4, 2022 9:46 PM

I never saw that photo of the Cambridges and the Obamas before. Will and Kate are both shorter than what is claimed. I knew Kate being 5’9” was nonsense (I’d guess 5’7”), but I believed Will was legit 6’3”.

by Anonymousreply 2February 4, 2022 9:52 PM

Even the Royal family hates it!

by Anonymousreply 3February 4, 2022 9:54 PM

But does it have gold-plated toilets?

by Anonymousreply 4February 4, 2022 9:56 PM

Well, it's no Winter Palace, now is it?

by Anonymousreply 5February 4, 2022 10:00 PM

The Queen needs an original Rosewood Eames chair.

by Anonymousreply 6February 4, 2022 10:02 PM

r4, no. It would have been nice, seeing as I've been on the throne 70 years.

by Anonymousreply 7February 4, 2022 10:05 PM

Bette knows...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 4, 2022 10:43 PM

When it's shown on telly it looks big. You know the 'objects in mirror are closer than they appear' thing? Buck House is in the middle of London. It's just off the road. You drive by it all the time to the point that it's just another building. The structure itself is set off to the side so it's almost triangular looking as you drive by. At least that my memory of the six times I've been in London.

by Anonymousreply 9February 4, 2022 10:44 PM

Hideous. Looks sterile yet overdone at the same time. And lonely. And full of rodents I would imagine.

My house is only about 150 years old and let me tell you it is a constant battle with those damn mice. I bet there are colonies of mice in the palace walls. There must be rooms that no one sets foot in for weeks at a time and I can only image the little fuckers running wild. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 10February 5, 2022 2:23 AM

R10, Obama had a close encounter with a mouse at Buckingham Palace (alerted by a footman) and his reaction was to tell the staffer not to tell Michelle about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 5, 2022 2:29 AM

[quote] My house is only about 150 years old

*cough!* [bold]HUMBLEBRAG![/bold] *cough*

by Anonymousreply 12February 5, 2022 2:29 AM

I live in Maine. Everything is old. And mouse infested.

by Anonymousreply 13February 5, 2022 2:33 AM

It should tell you something that the Royals only stay there when they have to.

by Anonymousreply 14February 5, 2022 2:34 AM

[quote] I never saw that photo of the Cambridges and the Obamas before. Will and Kate are both shorter than what is claimed. I knew Kate being 5’9” was nonsense (I’d guess 5’7”), but I believed Will was legit 6’3”.

Michelle Obama is supposedly 5'11", plus MO is in the foreground, which makes you look taller / larger. Kate may be 5'9".

Barack Obama is supposedly 6'2". Looks to be similar height as Will in the photos.

by Anonymousreply 15February 5, 2022 2:36 AM

Is that the visit when the Cambridges sheepishly hid the title of their racist painting?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 5, 2022 3:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!