Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

S.F. Mayor London Breed, L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti and CA Gov. Newsom spotted maskless at 49ers, Rams game despite mandate

California instituted a universal indoor mask mandate in December as COVID-19 cases surged with the omicron variant. In the last few weeks, state health leaders extended that order until February 15 to ease the strain on the health care system.

In addition to the statewide order, SoFi stadium has a clear policy about masks that is posted on the venue's website. It states "masks are required for all attendees" and "masks can only be removed to actively eat or drink, after which they must be immediately put back on."

As recently as Thursday, Los Angeles County officials reiterated it's too soon to consider relaxing mask restrictions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74February 6, 2022 7:02 AM

I don't blame them.

Everyone is over it.

Even the politicians.

But they have to still pretend that they're in favor of the policy.

by Anonymousreply 1January 31, 2022 6:45 AM

This whole thing has always been a scam.

by Anonymousreply 2January 31, 2022 6:49 AM

Obese people with all shitty underlying conditions should wear mask until the day they die.

by Anonymousreply 3January 31, 2022 6:59 AM

[quote] This whole thing has always been a scam.

yep

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 31, 2022 7:10 AM

Do as I say, not as I do.

by Anonymousreply 5January 31, 2022 7:29 AM

Did no one noticed they are outside?

by Anonymousreply 6January 31, 2022 7:42 AM

No one buys into the scare tactics anymore.

by Anonymousreply 7January 31, 2022 7:43 AM

Well, I declare...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 31, 2022 7:46 AM

[quote]Do as I say, not as I do.

It’s a big club, and you ain’t in it.

by Anonymousreply 9January 31, 2022 7:48 AM

^ "notice" at r6.

by Anonymousreply 10January 31, 2022 7:49 AM

r6

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 31, 2022 7:50 AM

r6

For Immediate Release:

January 29, 2022 To Continue Recent Decline, Residents Encouraged to Layer Safety Precautions at Upcoming Gatherings - 21,709 New Positive Cases and 73 New Deaths Due to COVID-19 in Los Angeles County

Multiple COVID metrics continue to fall, including cases, daily positivity rate, and hospitalizations. Public Health is reporting 21,709 new cases today, down 45% from one week ago when we reported 39,117 new cases. The daily positivity rate has also fallen below 10% for the first time since December 23rd and the number of people currently hospitalized is below 4,000 for the first time since January 12th. Sadly, deaths remain at an elevated level with 73 new deaths reported today.

Because transmission still remains very high, residents are encouraged to layer common sense safety precautions at upcoming gatherings, including watching the NFC Championship game on Sunday and Lunar New Year celebrations next week.

Residents should not host or go to gatherings if they are sick. When possible, test before gathering indoors with others; this is especially important when getting together with individuals who are unvaccinated or at high risk for severe illness from COVID. Hosting activities outdoors is always safer, especially while eating and drinking. In crowded indoor settings, wearing a well-fitting, high quality mask adds an important layer of protection.

Additionally, all those attending the NFC Championship game must be fully vaccinated or provide proof of a negative test. If attendees are providing a negative test result, it must be either a PCR test taken within 2 days of the event or an antigen test taken within 1 day of the event. [bold] Attendees are also required to wear masks, regardless of vaccination status, at the event, except while actively eating and drinking. [/bold]

“With the increased number of people dying from COVID-19, so many loved ones are heartbroken. I send my heartfelt condolences to everyone in mourning,” said Dr. Barbara Ferrer, PhD, MPH, MEd, Director of Public Health. “With multiple opportunities for gathering and celebrating in the coming days, including cheering on the LA Rams, following sensible safety measures will allow us to continue our recent decline. For residents who are at high-risk, including those older, immunocompromised, or with underlying health conditions, gatherings can be especially risky given the still high rates of transmission. If you are going to gather, layering on as many protections as possible will provide good defense from possible exposure to the virus. This includes getting tested before the gathering, moving activities outdoors where possible, and keeping that mask on when indoors or in crowded places. . And go Rams!”

The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (Public Health) today released the latest data on COVID-19.

21,709 new COVID-19 cases (2,631,994 cases to date) 73 new deaths due to COVID-19 (28,886 deaths to date) 3,998 people currently hospitalized with COVID-19 More than 11,033,000 individuals tested; 22% of people tested positive to date

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 31, 2022 7:59 AM

Let's sit back and watch the mental gymnastics of partisan politics at work

by Anonymousreply 13January 31, 2022 8:01 AM

Sorry, I wasn't CC'edn the NFL memo with their guidelines.

by Anonymousreply 14January 31, 2022 8:22 AM

Why should anyone mask? Just show the picture as your free pass. I swear, these stupid Dems.

by Anonymousreply 15January 31, 2022 11:26 AM

I wonder what Newsom looks like nude. I’ll bet he waxes, and trims his pubes. He also looks like he wouldn’t be a great fuck. Just average, and pleasant enough.

by Anonymousreply 16January 31, 2022 11:32 AM

When they were showing the attending celebrities, only Leo had a mask on, however it was on his chin. And I spotted one guy in the audience with a mask on properly.

by Anonymousreply 17January 31, 2022 11:49 AM

Arghhh "Super Spreader Event"

by Anonymousreply 18January 31, 2022 11:49 AM

This is the left’s equivalent of all the right’s elites who have effectively encouraged their followers to be anti-vaxx, while they are secretly fully vaxxed & boosted.

by Anonymousreply 19January 31, 2022 11:52 AM

[quote] Let's sit back and watch the mental gymnastics of partisan politics at work

The mask mandates are for the benefit of the unvaccinated morons who have unnecessarily prolonged this crisis condition. Those of us responsible enough to be vaxxed (and boosted) are at significantly less risk of taxing our healthcare infrastructure with severe immediate or long-term consequences from COVID infection. I'm sick of the anti-vaxx brain trust trying to point out the "hypocrisy" of the vaccinated while ant-vaxxers are dropping dead daily.

by Anonymousreply 20January 31, 2022 11:55 AM

Here come all the anti-masker, anti-vaxxer, Covid denying assholes who are so proud to show off their ignorance. They refuse to believe scientists and doctors who have had decades of experience but worship the stupidity of a man who can’t even put on his makeup correctly as gospel.

by Anonymousreply 21January 31, 2022 11:58 AM

I wanna suck newsome so bad

by Anonymousreply 22January 31, 2022 12:16 PM

r20 you assume too much, dear.

there's enough hypocrisy to go around.

but you make it quite clear you're more invested in politics than healthcare.

And if you can weaponize it to attack the other side you will, just as they do the same... and the public suffers because of your mutual idiocy. Just a lot of small penis syndrome.

While I'm just a massive dick because I know I'm free and clear if it ever comes to any measuring contests. . . although if you'd like an opening, it's that my department is currently on strike, most of us are seeking to be released from contracts and putting the rest of you at risk because no one else really wants to go into the rural wastelands at a fraction of a normal salary with less prestige than volunteering in a developing nation because collectively, we think so poorly of our own poor. We've only managed about 35% of vaccinations to these populations, not from the politics of vax or anti-vax, but simply the lack of resources, equipment and funding to traverse a wide expanse of land between individual households spread through difficult terrain It's not even my damn field, but we do what must.. But sure, all that must mean is I'm a far right agitator because your politicians are just as hypocritical bullshitters as republicans, that all of them are the same. . . I posed a question in another thread but I'm more keen to answer it here since I'm lazy and on a melodramatic highstrung rant... these are there areas most at risk for developing more exotic mutations - dramatic leaps in the human and environmental petri dish it represents- than the micro shifts within larger populations. the variables are too difficult to predict. Though in truth, the bigger risk on that front is more in relation to sti or more particularly for drug resistant strains of common ailments. . . and so much as been put on pause because of the covid situation. in the cities, emergency rooms and general healthcare has fallen to abysmal standards... priority is focused on covid because there's funding for it right now. . . and the state of both public and private healthcare has been hanging by a thread for decades from the coastal cities to midwestern bfe. . . there's not a one size fits all bandaid for any of this. No easy answers or solutions. So, what do we do in the meantime as the system leans on the verge of collapse running parallel to rise of inflation and many other pressing needs? just pull our dicks out and continuing to jerk off to which one is worse when none are really helping the situation at hand.

by Anonymousreply 23January 31, 2022 12:27 PM

Masks for thee, but not for me.

Is anyone really surprised by Newsom?

by Anonymousreply 24January 31, 2022 12:32 PM

For the people who need to read this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 31, 2022 12:35 PM

R25. Bullshit. Stop with the ridiculous anti-vaxxer propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 26January 31, 2022 12:37 PM

Those stupid masks are going to be the downfall of the democratic party. I've stopped wearing them, where they are no longer mandated. I don't care if people think I'm a republican, I don't care if I get dirty looks from people. I've got my shots. I've got the booster and if they require another booster, I'll be first in line. But no more masks, except on planes or at the doctor's for my annual physical.

You can post your lame articles and your links to Twitter all designed to scare people or get clicks to make those ad dollars, but most rational people have had it. Get vaccinated. If you can't get vaccinated, then stay in the house. I don't care if YOU think that wearing a mask is no big deal. Then wear one forever. I'm not.

It's time to move the fuck on.

by Anonymousreply 27January 31, 2022 12:41 PM

Try doing your research moron. You're so dumb you take "advice" from the people backed by the pharmaceutical companies. Yes, this includes many health care professionals r26.

by Anonymousreply 28January 31, 2022 12:42 PM

well it was admitted recently that cloth masks do nothing to protect. so these pols did nothing wrong.

by Anonymousreply 29January 31, 2022 12:44 PM

[quote]It's time to move the fuck on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 31, 2022 12:48 PM

Any other Twitter feeds designed to scare people and keep this crap going that you're like to post R30?

by Anonymousreply 31January 31, 2022 12:49 PM

California’s mandates have become ridiculous and tiresome and have and seem to only exist to create some kind of psychological warfare on its citizens

by Anonymousreply 32January 31, 2022 1:22 PM

"Boris partied while your nan died alone." The least these fuckers could do after conning our vote is to fucking set a fucking example, seeing as they are wards on the state, and our taxes pay their fucking salaries. Swanning off to sporting events makes them more relatable. I reckon they spend more time in the toilets cruising for cock than watching the action on the field.

by Anonymousreply 33January 31, 2022 1:39 PM

[quote] Let's sit back and watch the mental gymnastics of partisan politics at work

russiarussiarussia

by Anonymousreply 34January 31, 2022 4:16 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 31, 2022 4:45 PM

And Trump was maskless at his rally saying he will pardon Jan 6th seditionists and telling them to do it in cities all over the US.

by Anonymousreply 36January 31, 2022 4:51 PM

FFS Newsom!

Your maskless wine cave dinner was enough to launch of recall petition.

If you have thoughts of running for president, then you can't be a fucking hypocrite, and even if you personally think wearing masks in stadiums is massive overkill, you know that the cameras are going to be there and that your opponents are going to make a big deal over it if you are maskless.

So WTF?

And as if BoJo wasn't a great example of how dumb avoidable errors like this come back to bite you in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 37January 31, 2022 4:59 PM

It's a shame because masking actually is one of the best defences. The whole thing is crumbling, though. No one even knows what we're trying to accomplish any longer. I'm 3 x vaxxed... so I am likely protected from severe illness but am I risk to anyone else? Should I care? I don't pity the unvaccinated but I'm also a fair minded person, I don't want to do harm to another even out of indifference, no matter what I think of them.

I have no clue what is going on or what is being asked of me any longer.

This kind of idiocy from Newsome sucks. But he's a diva. DL, in it's central casting approach to politics, often carries on about him for President. The guy's a vainglorious asshole, if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 38January 31, 2022 5:06 PM

Newsom is Knot's Berry Farm. He's never getting out of California. Don't worry about this.

by Anonymousreply 39January 31, 2022 5:22 PM

Still no comment from the assholes. Hate having to rely on Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 40January 31, 2022 5:31 PM

I had Covid. It’s no joke. I ended up a long hauler. Took 18 months to fully recover. I’m not old and I have no underlying health problems. Don’t smoke either. To hell with all of you ignorant pieces of shit who don’t care who you hurt.

by Anonymousreply 41January 31, 2022 6:05 PM

Newsom now claims that he only took the mask off to take the photo with Magic Johnson, although other footage seems to show otherwise.

His unenforced errors are going to keep this going, when this scandal could have been forgotten in a day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42January 31, 2022 6:38 PM

Does Magic Johnson still have AIDs...? Shouldn't he be more careful these days with this virus and its many variants everywhere?

by Anonymousreply 43January 31, 2022 7:11 PM

I hope Gavin wore a condom.

by Anonymousreply 44January 31, 2022 7:12 PM

Don’t u want me to cum?

by Anonymousreply 45January 31, 2022 7:16 PM

R17 Leo was properly wearing his mask at one point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46January 31, 2022 7:46 PM

There’s nothing I hate more than hypocrites. And Newsom, Garcetti and Breed are hypocrites of the highest order.

Way to go, Gav, for setting such a great example taking a photo unmasked with an immunocompromised Magic Johnson. Leading by example, eh? While the rest of us peasants still have to mask up to get a gallon of milk.

by Anonymousreply 47January 31, 2022 7:50 PM

Newsom looks really fuckable there. I wonder if Kimberly Gargoyle wonders what could have been, since she's now saddled with this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48January 31, 2022 7:57 PM

We are really at rock bottom - rock bottom - with politicians everywhere, not just in this instance. I'm from Canada, where Justin Trudeau called an unnecessary election, put us through the expense and risk (given COVID) and came out with the same result he had going in. Boris Johnson lying, badly, through his fiascos over there. It's just rock bottom.

by Anonymousreply 49January 31, 2022 8:02 PM

R43 No. Full blown AIDS doesn’t happen in this country much if ever thanks to the available drug therapies. He was/is HIV positive but announced the virus is undetectable in him now because of the drug therapies.

by Anonymousreply 50January 31, 2022 8:07 PM

Are they lovers?

by Anonymousreply 51January 31, 2022 8:10 PM

The REAL scandal would be- L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti and CA Gov. Newson spotted at GAY orgy fucking each other BAREBACK.

by Anonymousreply 52January 31, 2022 8:10 PM

Well, in that scenario I'd make an exception about the masks.

by Anonymousreply 53January 31, 2022 8:15 PM

They are both good looking guys

by Anonymousreply 54January 31, 2022 8:22 PM

[quote]Shouldn't [Magic Johnson] be more careful these days with this virus and its many variants everywhere?

Yes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 31, 2022 8:23 PM

[quote] Here come all the anti-masker, anti-vaxxer, Covid denying assholes who are so proud to show off their ignorance. They refuse to believe scientists and doctors who have had decades of experience but worship the stupidity of a man who can’t even put on his makeup correctly as gospel.

Oh my. You weren't kidding! They found this thread like Chrissy Metz finds freshly-baked pies.

by Anonymousreply 56January 31, 2022 8:55 PM

[quote] We are really at rock bottom - rock bottom - with politicians everywhere, not just in this instance. I'm from Canada, where Justin Trudeau called an unnecessary election, put us through the expense and risk (given COVID) and came out with the same result he had going in. Boris Johnson lying, badly, through his fiascos over there. It's just rock bottom.

No elected leader in the modern Democratic world has ever sunk lower than Donald Trump. That is inarguable and historic and all the Deplorable whining about progressives will not change that fact.

by Anonymousreply 57January 31, 2022 10:25 PM

Yeah, well, I don't live in a world where the worst excuses the rest, R57. I expect better.

by Anonymousreply 58January 31, 2022 10:30 PM

Thank you R58

by Anonymousreply 59February 1, 2022 12:34 AM

If only you got as worked up about voter suppression legislation or people not voting as you do about vaccinated and boosted people not wearing a mask.

by Anonymousreply 60February 1, 2022 12:44 AM

Oh, good one. So thoughtful.

by Anonymousreply 61February 1, 2022 12:46 AM

R27 has stated her boundaries and they are up for debate. I almost visualized the dramatic exit.

by Anonymousreply 62February 1, 2022 12:49 AM

NOT* up for debate

by Anonymousreply 63February 1, 2022 12:50 AM

People are over Covid and will use this as the green light

by Anonymousreply 64February 1, 2022 2:29 AM

[quote]I don't want to do harm to another even out of indifference

If it makes you feel any better r38, it's very likely that before this pandemic, and its accompanying "daily death count announcements" being fed to you via the media 24/7, that unless you wore a mask when in public and understood that OTC medications like Dayquil, Tylenol, and Mucinex, etc. only [bold]mask symptoms[/bold] but do nothing to stop contagiousness when you had a cold or the flu, you likely helped to spread those viruses further until they eventually landed in hosts that were too weak to handle them and died.

I, personally, think the "mask etiquette" of wearing one when sick needs to stay a la Japan and South Korea, pandemic or not. There was nothing I found more infuriating than people who would show up to the office or school sick but "functional" after popping OTC cold medication without covering their mouths; breathing their nasty, pathogen breath all over the damn place. I would get sick. Every. Time.

It's one thing to be sick and not know it and spread it in a pre-symptomatic phase. It's a whole other level of selfish to know you're sick and [bold]still[/bold] actively go around other people because "you can't afford to take the time off." Many employers didn't help with this mindset, either, I understand. They expected people to come to work even while infectious as long as they're "productive." Thanks to this pandemic, hopefully, that bullshit way of running one's company has finally come to and end, also.

End rant.

by Anonymousreply 65February 4, 2022 11:48 AM

I couldn't care less what you think personally. I have no antibodies. It's been blood tested. I spread nothing to anyone. The rest of your theory makes sense but I can't imagine a lot of people want to listen to you given the bombast you deliver.

by Anonymousreply 66February 4, 2022 11:53 AM

R47 just don't do it.

Friends of mine in SF has decided to stop. They now carry Newsom photos if anyone says anything.

by Anonymousreply 67February 4, 2022 11:58 AM

[quote] I have no antibodies. It's been blood tested.

I do. And they were naturally acquired, which likely means that I also have good B and T cell memory, and am, thus, statistically less likely to require hospitalization and/or die than you if (re)infected.

That doesn't mean I [bold]want[/bold] to be infected, though. Between my allergic rhinitis and asthma, every time I get an upper respiratory infection it fucking sucks ass. But I'm not hyper paranoid about whether or not actual healthy people are walking around masked up 24/7. That doesn't make sense, either.

But, if you're actively sick, then yeah, stay your sick as at home or wear a mask if you absolutely must be out in public for whatever reason. I don't care what it is. I don't want it.

by Anonymousreply 68February 4, 2022 12:03 PM

This antivax stuff is not new. I have had to deal with morbidly obese nurses who refuse the annual flu vax required at all hospitals ( I had to show proof of MMR/Hep B antibodies as well). They have to wear masks but it still enrages me that these stupid people are spreading flu to a very sick, vulnerable population. I have never come across a MD in any hospital where I have worked wearing the tell-tale no flu vaccine masks.

by Anonymousreply 69February 4, 2022 1:15 PM

R68 The antibodies don’t last, and it’s been proven that vaccination is more effective at protecting you from the virus than previously being infected. Get over yourself and your ignorance and get vaccinated,

by Anonymousreply 70February 5, 2022 12:24 AM

[quote] The antibodies don’t last

That's...not how completely measuring immunity to a pathogen works. The levels of circulating antibodies in the bloodstream may get lower as the infection clears from the body and remain at a "low-level" throughout, but the true strength of one's immune system lies within the adaptive immune system; specifically with memory B and T cells.

Think of antibodies as the foot-soldiers of the immune system. And in the immune system "chain of command," the B cells are their immediate superiors, and the T cells (specifically CD4/T helper cells) are the immediate superiors of the B cells. Then you have other cells such as the dendritic cells also known as antigen presenting cells (APC) which act as a sort of "military police" of the immune system, constantly patrolling for foreign invaders and "arresting them" by popping them (or portions of them) into their MHC (major histocompatibility complex) "squad cars," and then delivering them to the T cell "Battalion commanders" who then order their B cell "Company commanders" to rally the appropriate troops (read: antibodies) back into the bloodstream. If it were a scene from a film like, say, Osmosis Jones, it'd go something like this:

Dendritic Cells: (into radio) APC to cellular command, we've got a bogey approaching the system, and are in pursuit. [italic]hops into MHC squad cars and give chase to mysterious foreign invader[/italic]

T-cell Helper Officer: (over radio) Copy that. Ident intruder and report back.

Dendritic cell: (into radio) Sir, we have apprehended the intruder and are now forwarding you the ID.

T-cell Helper Officer: (over radio) 10-4. [italic]receives ID confirmation from APC unit and immediately recognizes intruder ID[/italic] (to T-Cell killer officer) Shit. It SARS-CoV-2.

T-cell Killer officer: Again?? You sure? These guy's helmets look kinda different.

T-cell Helper Officer: Positive. I'd recognize those epitope markings anywhere.

T-cell Killer Officer: Oh shit! You're right. Wow, why wouldn't they change those? We literally have a poster of those exact markings in the office.

T-cell Helper Officer: I don't know. They're retarded. Mobilize your guys, I'm gonna call down to humoral, and tell them they need to dispatch their SCV2 unit.

T-cell Killer Officer: (salutes) Aye, sir! [italic]leaves to go fuck shit up[/italic]

T Helper Cell Officer: (to other T Helper Cell officer) Get cytokines to the bronchiole epithelium. Tell them hold the line until humoral sends in their team!

T Helper Cell Officer 2: (salutes) Aye, sir!

T-cell Helper Officer: (into phone) Cellular command to humoral this is CD4-O1 reporting invasion of SARS-CoV-2 currently making their way to the bronchiole epithelium. Be advised, bogies have modified helmets but have stupidly kept the following epitope markers in tact and readily identifiable for your pursuit: S864-882. We need antigen-specific antibodies circulating yesterday!

B-cell Officer: (over phone) Copy! (to their antibody subordinates) Alright guys, those bastards we fought in February 2020 are back wearing shitty disguises on their helmets. Look for these epitope markers. Move! Move! Move!

Antibodies: (salute) Aye, sir! [italic]antibodies immediately flood the bloodstream subsequently increasing the number of circulating antibodies until virus is defeated and cleared from the system before the host experiences severe disease. Thanks to the intel they received from the memory T and B cell units, they were at an advantage and able to clear the virus quicker than before. They continue to "occupy" the bloodstream for roughly 4-6 months until B-cell commanders slowly "withdraw most of them" in segments from their post leaving only a few behind to support the dendritic MPs in their continued sentry duties of the host's immune system[/italic]

The End.

Obviously, there are far more intricacies involved, but you get the idea.

TL;DR: Being vaccinated and having prior infection confers strong memory T and B cell immunity.

by Anonymousreply 71February 5, 2022 5:14 AM

Source:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72February 5, 2022 5:16 AM

And I meant being vaccinated [bold]or[/bold] having prior infection confers strong memory T and B cell immunity. Having both shows only a marginal benefit which only proves how durable immunity from natural infection actually is compared to vaccination alone.

by Anonymousreply 73February 5, 2022 5:47 AM

The mayoral battle in LA should be interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74February 6, 2022 7:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!