Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Eldergays, tell us about Jordan Roth

Are they really this fashionable? And what is the secret of their Broadway success?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 18, 2023 4:21 PM

Ugh, they are the WORST. So completely in love with themselves, when they are really just the progeny of a billionaire. Daddy is slum lord real estate developer Steven Roth. Mommy wanted to bond with her distant clearly gay son, so Daddy gave her a few million to become a theater producer. After undergrad at Princeton, Daddy bought Jordan a commercial theater company (Jujamycn), and essentially turned it over to his 20-something child as a gift. Jujamycn owns real estate-several Broadway marquee theaters, so "producing" essentially boils down to renting out these theaters and going to opening nights like you wrote and created the shows.

If you take a look at their IG, you can see that they spend most of their time hiring glam squads (again, with Daddy's money) and going to red carpets. While on the red carpets, they twirl and spin and clearly love themselves like they came up with the cure for cancer. It is ....obnoxious.

Imagine being a poor minion who goes to work for Jordan, thinking that he/she/they will get a great education on actually producing for Broadway. What a laugh. And then you are spending your days booking glam squads and hair and makeup for Queen Jordan so they can twirl on yet another red carpet. With all the twirling, how do these shows get up and running? When you are basically the landlord, I guess there is not much actual "work" involved.

Does anyone have the number for the SNL Church Lady? Queen Jordan needs to have the "we like ourselves, don't we?" treatment.

Seriously check out the IG. You will see actor after actor FAWNING over them, desperate that with Jordan being a "producer" (intentional quotes), they will get cast.

Oh, and Daddy ---is a big Trump supporter. So it is essentially MAGA earned money that is bankrolling this lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 1June 17, 2022 1:58 AM

So many people choose to forget that Richie Jackson was terminated from Innovative, where he was an agent, for sexually harassing a young man on staff.

Jordan's earlier boyfriend was a WABC newscaster who was a meth addict and was arrested for pointing a laser gun into people's apartments--usually guys he wanted to meet.

So, money can't buy you a good boyfriend/husband.

Jordan was once just an ordinary fag, not this developmentally disabled teenaged girl twirling around. He blew a friend of mine once and asked that the jizz go on his face. "That's how you keep skin like this!" he said.

You can get a whiff of Jordan's asshole anytime you meet Julie Halston, Charles Busch, Orfeh, Judith Light, or Maddie Corman. They have timeshares in Daryl's Cocoa Reef. Daryl might be one of New York's greatest actresses: She is so evil and predatory--a Jewish Melania by way of Jersey--but she tilts her head and coos and people think she's sweet. Daryl is instrumental in who gets special Tony Awards, so that will explain awards to David Hyde Pierce, Judith Light, and Julie Halston.

Daryl was once a bit pudgy, but she maintains her weight by snacking on edamame and keeping a photograph of Edward Hibbert on her fridge.

by Anonymousreply 2March 6, 2023 7:55 PM

R2, Richie Jackson was fired for more than harassing just interns. He once called a friend who was a client (he’s out of the business now, partly because of RJ,) and kept asking him to crawl under his desk and service him while he had meetings with other clients.

He’s a fairly twisted narcissist who’s partnered with a SEVERE narcissist. I weep for the future of their gay son Jackson, the product of Richie’s former partner BD Wong.

And Jordan really used to date meth addict/stalker turned minor league umpire Steve Bartelstein? That explains so much…

by Anonymousreply 3March 6, 2023 9:11 PM

I really despise these kinds of nepo baby kids of billionaires who get handed so much and then get lauded in the press as if their fabulousness alone got them where they are. I have an acquaintance whose dad is a horrible billionaire who worked with the Trump administration. During the pandemic, she decided she wanted to become a book maven. Now suddenly in just the past three years, she has achieved a crazy platform that now includes several books she supposedly wrote herself, her own publishing arm, bookstores, a podcast that books big names, and more. She’s always getting press that makes it sound like she was just this mom with a dream who achieved overnight success. It’s bullshit. Only someone with limitless resources could achieve like this.

by Anonymousreply 4March 6, 2023 9:21 PM

LOVING this thread as I'm constantly horrified by pics I see of Jordan parading around like the Queen of Sheba. I want more stories, please!

Can that really be true about Steve Bartelstein though? He must be 30 years older than Jordan and Jordan hardly seems his type (or what his type would have been when Steve was relevant).

by Anonymousreply 5March 6, 2023 9:24 PM

Daryl Roth is the very epitome of a dabbling dilettante. I find it telling that there has never been a photo of her with Jordan in all their swirling gear even (I mean in the last 5 or 6 years since they grew their hair out) though both attend lots of openings. If there has been such a photo, I stand corrected and would love to see it. Personally, I think Daryl must be utterly confounded by Jordan.

by Anonymousreply 6March 6, 2023 9:27 PM

Wait till she gets sober, finds Jesus and becomes a conservative!

by Anonymousreply 7March 6, 2023 9:29 PM

After Richie was fired from that agency for harassing interns, he became Edie Falco's manager and a producer on NURSE JACKIE. But Edie caught him (and Jordan!) fucking a set PA and fired him from her life. He really fell into a pot of honey with Jordan but the two deserve each other.

by Anonymousreply 8March 6, 2023 9:33 PM

If anyone seen the reboot of gossip girl, one of the adult characters is supposed to be based on Jordan. Basically, he’s a gay man who becomes more and more trans.

by Anonymousreply 9March 6, 2023 9:40 PM

I don't know if Jordan and Richie have much to do with the raising of the son, now a teenager, Richie had with Bradley (BD) Wong but they did have a son of their own who is about 2 years old now.

by Anonymousreply 10March 6, 2023 11:44 PM

Wow on Edie Falco. Did firing him have a negative impact on her career?

by Anonymousreply 11March 6, 2023 11:59 PM

No, not at all. Everyone on the Nurse Jackie set was happy to see him booted. He was only getting the producer credit because he was her manager, he was not a creative force on the series. Edie Falco is and always has been a beloved figure in show biz.

by Anonymousreply 12March 7, 2023 12:08 AM

I loved Julie Wilson so much… the Queen of NYC cabaret. 🫣🫣🫣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 7, 2023 12:24 AM

Is jordan officially trans?

by Anonymousreply 14March 7, 2023 12:31 AM

Holy shit, R13, you're totally right. He is a dead ringer for Julie Wilson. OLD Julie Wilson.

by Anonymousreply 15March 7, 2023 12:47 AM

And for all of her money, Daryl Roth always has stringy hair and the worst old-lady handbag in any crowd.

by Anonymousreply 16March 8, 2023 4:07 AM

R14: Not yet.

by Anonymousreply 17March 18, 2023 4:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!