Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is the Most Annoying Commercial?

I would have made this a poll, but there are just so many. For me it is the 2021 Medicare Helpline TV Commercial: 'Extra 2021 Medicare Benefits Featuring Jimmie Walker.' It is annoying as fuck! I dive for the remote every time I hear it! What's yours?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 20, 2024 9:58 PM

Hate that commercial, OP. The 2nd commercial he did for them is worse. Is one of the women in both ads a MTF? Her voice is so deep, deeper than the voices common to elderly women.

I don't think they show this anymore (Thank God!), but this Allstate commercial with the hood ornament singing with the eraserhead is very annoying. The whole concept is weird.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 27, 2022 3:26 PM

I agree r1

by Anonymousreply 2January 27, 2022 3:29 PM

that is the worst song in Pet Shop Boys catalog.

by Anonymousreply 3January 27, 2022 3:30 PM

Aw. I love Jimmy. He's still funny.

I hated the ones where that boring guy tries to sound like Mr. Personality driving people around in a car and having fake conversations about some product - can't even remember the product - maybe car insurance.

by Anonymousreply 4January 27, 2022 3:47 PM

Yes, R4! Those awful AARP car insurance spots with Matt McCoy, possibly the most BORING actor since Hugh O'Brien and Bob Cummings.

by Anonymousreply 5January 27, 2022 3:52 PM

R4 I love Jimmy Walker too which is why it hurts to see he has been reduced to this. It's not funny and he is making a fool of himself. I'm sure they are trying to play off his Good Times character but most modern audiences don't know (or remember) who that is to make the connection. Oh and did I mention, it is not funny. It is cringeworthy. He needs to get better gigs. Like you said, he is still funny. There is no reason for this.

by Anonymousreply 6January 27, 2022 4:04 PM

The Upgrade 💳 commercial when the woman goes on about how her friend is a:

Debt savvy queen

Or

Fiscal savvy queen

Or

Rewards savvy queen

by Anonymousreply 7September 13, 2022 12:30 PM

Another annoying insurance commercial.

THIS BITCH!

She takes the cake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 13, 2022 12:41 PM

The woman at R8 actually sparked a Reddit thread about how awful she is.

My favorite comment:

[quote] What a bitch. If I were him, I'd buy a term life insurance and a funeral expense policy for HER.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2022 12:43 PM

DO YOU WANT SOME MORE???!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 13, 2022 12:44 PM

Any commercial that involves some stupid frau shrieking

by Anonymousreply 11September 13, 2022 12:49 PM

Fancy and Little Caesars Pizza? This stuff is a step down from an ampm Combo slice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 13, 2022 12:52 PM

Anything with Flo in it. How many decades has she been doing this? How rich must she be by now?

by Anonymousreply 13September 13, 2022 12:53 PM

Age is just a number. And mine's unlisted!

by Anonymousreply 14September 13, 2022 12:53 PM

I can't find it on Youtube, but the new Klaviyo commercial makes me want to slit my wrists, and it's EVERYWHERE. The female voice-over sounds like an overgrown valley girl: "She LOVES canary yellow, like, omigod, but you already knew that..."

Also, "Klaviyo" sounds like a made-up name the Kardashians would foist on a helpless infant. "4-year-old Klaviyo Kardashian SLAYS in strapless gown in new Instagram post from mom Khloe!"

by Anonymousreply 15September 13, 2022 1:01 PM

Anyone who “loves” Jimmy should google his homophobic comments.

by Anonymousreply 16September 13, 2022 1:04 PM

Has been, one trick Jimmy Walker is a MAGAT homophobe who was in a long term relationship with Ann Coulter.

He never was and still isn't funny or relevant.

by Anonymousreply 17September 13, 2022 1:34 PM

I hate the Mint Mobile commercial with Ryan Reynolds online. I see it too much.

by Anonymousreply 18September 13, 2022 1:46 PM

Kurt Browning's home equity reverse mortgage commercials. He's not even qualified yet but has no problem pushing it on his older fans.

by Anonymousreply 19September 13, 2022 1:48 PM

ll the Camp Lejeune lawyer ads. Both on cable as well as on social media ads.

by Anonymousreply 20September 13, 2022 2:18 PM

Maybe it's just because my Roku plays it on a loop on commercial brakes, but I can't stand the ad for Amazon brick-and-mortar stores of the woman prancing around and narrating her purchases. "Don't mind if I do!"

by Anonymousreply 21September 13, 2022 2:47 PM

Jimmie Walker is DY-NO-MITE! He is playing to his ancient Medicare-eligible audience who were probably 40 when Good Times was on the air. I do love the Progressive commercial with Dr. Rick scolding middle-aged people to quite acting like their parents. That one is classic.

by Anonymousreply 22September 13, 2022 2:48 PM

Can I be Snake?

by Anonymousreply 23September 13, 2022 6:00 PM

The "Honest Renovations" commercial on Roku is the most annoying commercial of the decade. A woman screaming "Oh my God!" and they play it incessantly - sometimes twice in one commercial break.

by Anonymousreply 24April 29, 2024 3:49 PM

R8 OMG you beat me too it. It comes up on Jeopardy! about six times a night. I just want to punch her in her face and tell him to run. That is just the worst commercial ever made.

by Anonymousreply 25April 29, 2024 3:51 PM

Awful Burger King singing.

by Anonymousreply 26April 29, 2024 3:53 PM

Jardiance. Always Jardiance

by Anonymousreply 27April 29, 2024 4:12 PM

the one where the fat black is talking about his fantasy football app.

by Anonymousreply 28April 29, 2024 4:16 PM

“Liberty, Liberty, Libbberty….”

ugh

by Anonymousreply 29April 29, 2024 8:29 PM

This Safelite commercial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 18, 2024 8:37 PM

The iPad "What's a computer?" ad with the annoying genderfluid brat who deserves a cunt punt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 18, 2024 8:41 PM

This Bosley commercial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 18, 2024 8:50 PM

I hate the Manscaped commercial. Those little guys creep me out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 18, 2024 8:55 PM

Kevin Hart's Chase commercials.

by Anonymousreply 34July 18, 2024 8:56 PM

The Magnolia Network commercial about motel renovation with the lady screaming "AHOY!!!". I hate her.

by Anonymousreply 35July 18, 2024 9:17 PM

The twins sent me the most annoying commercial from the Philly area, the annoying Jewish mother shopping at Giant talking to a Black woman and her overweight child. A Giant supermarket commercial, both Greg& Zach said the old lady needs to get KILLED by Hamas.

by Anonymousreply 36July 18, 2024 9:21 PM

Secret Deodorant. "I use it everywhere."

by Anonymousreply 37July 18, 2024 9:26 PM

R31 I hate that one, too! That little bitch was on Better Things and all the daughters were little twats but she was the WORST!

by Anonymousreply 38July 18, 2024 9:29 PM

Agree the MediCare commercials are the worst every year. They are long, tedious, and targeted to VERY simple-minded seniors. If you watch certain channels that feature old TV shows, they are repeated endlessly during the Fall.

by Anonymousreply 39July 18, 2024 10:33 PM

The selfish crying COPD guy who says his wife quit smoking because she has to be there to take of him.

by Anonymousreply 40July 18, 2024 10:46 PM

The Burger King commercial where the guy sings a little off key which is done a lot in hip hop. Drives me nuts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 18, 2024 10:53 PM

Anything Lume. No, I don't want to listen to big, fat women praising something they'll rub on their floppy labial and then immediately their ass cracks and pits. Nauseating!

by Anonymousreply 42July 19, 2024 2:20 AM

R42 don't forget the under boobs.

by Anonymousreply 43July 19, 2024 1:13 PM

And the male version- MANDO.

Where does she get off assuming my bag stinks?

by Anonymousreply 44July 20, 2024 8:54 PM

Any Geico commercial- especially the old MAGATS dueling accordions with the leather biker gays.

by Anonymousreply 45July 20, 2024 9:53 PM

Did you use search?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 20, 2024 9:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!