Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Classic DL Threads

What are they? Please give us newer folk a glimpse into the storied Datalounge of yore.

by Anonymousreply 70February 3, 2022 1:23 PM

I once saw a “Let’s Be” thread related to Lovecraft, that came up in response to a search I did, that was positively brilliant. A work of wit and art. Haven’t seen anything else that even comes close.

by Anonymousreply 1January 26, 2022 10:35 PM

"An eldergay hissed at me tonight"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 26, 2022 10:38 PM

I loved the Jaclyn Smith MRI thread. It came up on a search for something about Charlie's Angels, and I was hooked on DL then and there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 26, 2022 10:41 PM

Thank you, everyone! I will enjoy devouring these threads!

by Anonymousreply 4January 26, 2022 11:48 PM

They had DE-voured him!

by Anonymousreply 5January 27, 2022 12:05 AM

Many of the really great ones were before my time (I arrived in 2011)

Dialing The Phone With A Pencil

The 9/11 thread with classic replies "The WTC is an insatiable bottom" and "the sky was so blue that day" still quoted now.

The Thread Where We Try To Summon David Ehrenstein

by Anonymousreply 6January 27, 2022 12:09 AM

Hold onto your hat, OP. This thread was a memorable one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 27, 2022 12:19 AM

Bear, the dog that the family claimed was found fucking their baby in the ass, all of its own accord.

[quote]The kid was just pissed because he wanted to be the top.

[quote]Now I posted what I heard on the news, that the mother came in the room and saw it and started screaming and the dog panicked and ran out the house with the child still attached.

[quote]Is David Letterman still doing Stupid Pet tricks? 'Cause this would be really something.

It gets better/worse as you go on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 27, 2022 1:11 AM

The African Baby Catalogue

The first Helen Lawson thread, that envisioned different movies and TV specials for her

Random pages from celebrity memoirs of the future (it began with my favorite, from Justin Guarini of "American Idol")

Dataloungeland

"Not Without My Daughter" and "I'm Not Running a B&B Here!" (aka the turkey meatballs thread) -- the two funniest EST threads, the success of which that no one has ever since replicated

by Anonymousreply 9January 27, 2022 1:19 AM

*Sorry that should read "the two funniest EST threads, the success of which no one has ever since replicated."

I'm a little drunk!

by Anonymousreply 10January 27, 2022 1:23 AM

Bed & Breakfast was just a joy. DL at its finest.

by Anonymousreply 11January 27, 2022 1:27 AM

One of my all time favorites -- "Let's Be the Movie 'Fatal Attraction'":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 27, 2022 1:29 AM

Dee Dee Halls here!

Joni Mitchell's vagina here!

by Anonymousreply 13January 27, 2022 1:32 AM

Yes, the dog fucks baby thread - so bad yet so hilarious

by Anonymousreply 14January 27, 2022 1:34 AM

don't think this was the original but this was one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 27, 2022 1:38 AM

The actual thread won't come up in search, but it had perhaps the greatest thread title I've ever seen on Datalounge:

"Murderous Tranny On the Run"

Anyone else remember that one?

by Anonymousreply 16January 27, 2022 1:41 AM

The rape of BILL TAYLOR by Goofy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 27, 2022 1:43 AM

Shit brickhouse troll assaulted at Whole Foods

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 27, 2022 1:45 AM

The one where nasty DLers advised a poster about baseball game etiquette was funny.

by Anonymousreply 19January 27, 2022 1:46 AM

R16 Are you thinking of Murderous Fatty on the Lam?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 27, 2022 1:48 AM

There was also a murderous lesbian chef on the run....I may be confusing these threads

by Anonymousreply 21January 27, 2022 1:49 AM

I loved “Let’s be a 1970’s Pizzeria in Brooklyn.”

Or “Let’s Write a Victorian Novel.”

Or anything Helen Lawson, especially her censored appearance on “Sesame Street,” when she tells a bratty little girl to “go count your chromosomes!”

by Anonymousreply 22January 27, 2022 1:55 AM

This "Let's be a Victorian over-restored by a pair of caftan-wearing queens!" thread was entertaining.

Someone tried to start a Let's Be a Modern House thread, but not enough DLers know about modern architecture and design, so it wasn't funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 27, 2022 2:01 AM

That's it, r20 -- thanks!

(I could've sworn it was "tranny" -- sorry)

by Anonymousreply 24January 27, 2022 2:02 AM

Once Around the Garden.

by Anonymousreply 25January 27, 2022 2:03 AM

Any of the Shit Brickhouse troll threads, especially if they involved "degrading dances" and "humiliating songs" he was forced to perform. And the townspeople pointing and laughing.

by Anonymousreply 26January 27, 2022 2:14 AM

Bonnie Mace threads, especially when they involved lesbian celebrities.

Any thread about Deb Messing that attracted the "Let Me Tell You about Deb Messing" poster (who was a genius)

by Anonymousreply 27January 27, 2022 2:17 AM

"Teresa Giudice sure has some ugly kids" was so funny that I used to read it every now and then when I felt depressed. It brought me to tears every time. Sadly, it was deleted a few years ago and now it's gone forever.

by Anonymousreply 28January 27, 2022 2:17 AM

I saved the "Let Me Tell You About Deb Messing" threads but can't seem to locate them now. Up there in the Hall of Fame along with Bill Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 29January 27, 2022 2:29 AM

Is this it, r29?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 27, 2022 2:31 AM

No, r29. There were a few threads. I'll keep looking.

by Anonymousreply 31January 27, 2022 2:36 AM

The 'friend' was going to new York with no money and luggage on wheels. A great EST.

by Anonymousreply 32January 27, 2022 2:36 AM

Lesbian invited to a potluck Thanksgiving dinner

by Anonymousreply 33January 27, 2022 2:39 AM

The Connor Jessup & Miles Heizer threads.

They document the most perfect love DL has ever known.

by Anonymousreply 34January 27, 2022 2:44 AM

Anything with the authentic Miss Warwick is worth re-spect and re-gard.

But, O, gurl (You are are a girl, right? I can spot a white girl just by the sound of her farts.), be careful. There are crazy people here.

Take it from me.

by Anonymousreply 35January 27, 2022 2:49 AM

[quote] Lesbian invited to a potluck Thanksgiving dinner

It's a soupluck not a potluck.

by Anonymousreply 36January 27, 2022 2:51 AM

[quote]Any thread about Deb Messing that attracted the "Let Me Tell You about Deb Messing" poster (who was a genius)

Still here, thanks!

Deb was going to an exhausted, strapped New York COVID ward "to strike a torch to the songbook of Rodgers and Hart" and rally the medical workers, but it didn't turn out up to my standards.

by Anonymousreply 37January 27, 2022 2:56 AM

Ginny in Billing Just Collapsed...Ambulance on the way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 27, 2022 3:00 AM

The Deb Messing threads were hilarious, especially the one where she went to Haiti.

by Anonymousreply 39January 27, 2022 3:56 AM

Azmodeus, the crab-walking demon girlfriend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 27, 2022 4:01 AM

The other demon girlfriend who grated cheese with a PedEgg

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41January 27, 2022 4:39 AM

Unreliable narrator hissing queen brings Christmas cookies to horrified neighbors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42January 27, 2022 4:41 AM

The thread that had the "Dat's Da Suckjob!" story.

by Anonymousreply 43January 27, 2022 5:13 AM

What was that wedding thread where everything was going wrong due to overbearing families constantly changing things like seating order? It seemed to go on for months.

by Anonymousreply 44January 27, 2022 7:41 AM

MichFest

The daughter with the can of frosting

Turkey meatballs house guest

Sows at the trough

Denny and the rolling suitcase

by Anonymousreply 45January 27, 2022 10:55 AM

The Spaide-Goy murder threads are destined to become classics.

by Anonymousreply 46January 27, 2022 10:58 AM

Deb Messing Troll: You is smart, you is kind, you is important!

in other words, you're a salty bitch and we ❤️ you!

by Anonymousreply 47January 27, 2022 4:22 PM

moar plz

by Anonymousreply 48January 27, 2022 9:46 PM

DL'ers: thank you so much for this treasure trove of entertainment! I am eternally grateful for your willingness to share these gems!!!

by Anonymousreply 49January 27, 2022 10:20 PM

Have the threads concerning polysexual trans disabled grifter BUNNIKA been deleted? That shit was some DL *gold*

by Anonymousreply 50January 27, 2022 10:22 PM

Is this it, R19?

"OP, do you know what an inning is? In the middle of the 7th, it is traditional to stand and stretch. [bold]Do not present hole.[/bold]"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 27, 2022 10:23 PM

I invited my ungrateful niece over for lunch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 27, 2022 10:27 PM

[quote]I am now instructed to closely monitor customers who order from the salad bar, and if someone violates policy then I am to point at them and say "Once around the garden, sir!" (or Ma'am).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53January 27, 2022 10:56 PM

[quote]My friend is going on a vacation to NYC.

[quote]For a week. We live in Ohio and he hasn't traveled much. The thing is, he can't afford a hotel room and he doesn't know anyone in the city, so he plans to "get laid every night" and just spend the night wherever his tricks take him.

[quote]Yes this means he will be rolling a small suitcase behind him the entire trip.

[quote]Is this practical? (Bear in mind he isn't very good-looking - pasty and overweight with a weird face). Do tourists actually do this in NYC? I've never been (and neither has he) but he insists it's a common, budget-conscious way to travel. I think he's a whore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 27, 2022 11:42 PM

R54 BAM< still love it.

by Anonymousreply 55January 28, 2022 3:34 AM

A true DL classic: The Soft Butch Sous Chef murder case

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 28, 2022 6:25 AM

"I hear the World Trade Center is an insatiable bottom" is at R2. DL used to be a lot quicker on its feet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 28, 2022 7:24 AM

The 9/11 thread is amazing to see as a historical artifact.

It's also a reminder of the days when seeing a Boris-type troll or gossip stan here wasn't the norm.

by Anonymousreply 58January 28, 2022 1:55 PM

The original Lesbian Potluck Wedding Reception

by Anonymousreply 59January 29, 2022 8:19 PM

It's a soupluck not a potluck.

by Anonymousreply 60January 29, 2022 8:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 29, 2022 9:52 PM

A personal fave.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 29, 2022 9:54 PM

Monkeys That Look Like Nanette Fabray.

An all time fave.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63January 30, 2022 10:48 PM

[quote]"I Know, Right?" (2012)- Jennifer Aniston portrays Ambyr Maitland, a recently divorced midwestern Administrative Assistant who heads to New York City to attend the wedding of her college friend Sophie Lipschitz (Kathy Najimy). When the brother of the bride (Adrien Brody), a taxi driver and artist, takes a shine to her, she is torn about whether to return to her mundane life in Nebraska- especially when her ex (Tim McGraw) shows-up in The Big Apple! Also starring Lanie Kazan and Danny DeVito as Sophie's parents. And Mario Cantone as the Wedding Planner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64January 30, 2022 10:53 PM

found the Haiti thread, r29! It formatted weird so I cleaned it up.

"Let me tell you about Deb Messing.

In early January, I had just returned to the States from Victoria, where I had been immunizing some of the indigenous tribes there in the grueling Australian midsummer heat. I'd been home barely a week when the earthquake struck Haiti, collapsing buildings and killing thousands, and within the day I was headed back to the airport, destination, Port-au-Prince. Commercial flights were, you may remember, unavailable for days afterward. I was standing in LAX, cursing my stupidity, when a woman tapped me on the shoulder. I noticed your bag, she said (I was carrying my Medecins Sans Frontieres kit). Are you trying to get to Haiti? The woman told me she had chartered a Cessna and hired a pilot skilled enough to land it in a small parking lot if necessary. We have one more seat, she said, insisting I come with her. There was a brief argument on the tarmac-apparently Anderson Cooper had been promised a seat, but my mysterious benefactor said medical help was more important and insisted I take his place. When I boarded the small plane, I found it filled with a veritable United Nations of aid workers, all as somber as I.

Once we were in the air, her warmth and humor quickly put an end to our initial shock. She introduced herself as Deb though she was obviously well-off and said the biggest regret of her life was dropping out of medical school just short of getting her degree. (She had supplied portable DVD players under each seat, and it wasn't until the flight was underway and I was engrossed in a double feature of her films The Women,and The Starter Wife. It was then that I realized she was a film actress.)

The devastation in Haiti was beyond description. We had to land in Cite Soleil a few miles outside the city and take a Jeep down a rutted road, where we came across a roadblock of armed guerrillas that terrified us all, but Deb took them aside and conducted negotiations in perfect Haitian Creole. (The DVD players from the plane flight came in handy as barter, and they allowed us to pass.) There were so many buildings collapsed in the city center we didn't know where to begin. We set to work in a pile of rebar and concrete, where a team of National Guardsmen was scaling the rubble with scent-rescue K-9s. When a dog would alert to someone trapped below, the National Guard would excavate the site, and if the patient showed any sign of life, the Guardsmen would carry them to us on a makeshift stretcher and we would begin triage there, in the middle of the filthy Avenue John Brown.

(Deb was a great help here, too, holding the patients' hands and singing to them softly; her husky contralto was perfectly suited to La vie en rose and brought a tear to the eye of even some hardened rescuers.) As the day went on, fewer and fewer patients were being brought to us and the rescue K-9s, sadly, were only uncovering corpses and small ones, covered in concrete dust, their mouths open in a silent scream. We realized, to our horror, we were excavating a day care or elementary school.

by Anonymousreply 65January 31, 2022 4:18 AM

I was setting the crushed leg of one old woman who was hysterical with shock, eyes rolling back in her head, babbling. I tried to hush her, but Deb stopped me: Deb put her shell-like ear to the woman's mouth, inadvertently smearing her earring with blood, and listened to the old woman's wheezing Creole. The expression on Deb's face changed from puzzlement to incredulity to horror. Stop! she yelled to the Guardsmen atop the rubble. This woman's grandchild is buried up there she told them, pointing to a precipice of gnarled rebar and crumbling concrete. The young Guardsman who was helping us was a towheaded Southerner, probably no more than eighteen. We can't, ma'am,he told her. Deb would have none of it. She says he's alive; she can feel his cries in her heart!

Ma'am,the Guardsman told us, it's not safe up there, not even for the dogs. Then I'LL do it! Quick as a wink and before any of us could stop her, Deb was scaling up the face of the rubble like a mountain goat, her Tevas barely finding purchase on one crumbling piece of cement before she shinnied to the next. (Later we would find that mountain climbing had been Deb's passion as a teenager.) The Guardsmen stood mute and unbelieving, but the towhead found his voice: Ranger! he cried. Help her! The biggest of the German shepherds raced after Deb, catching up to her just as she reached the spot the old woman had described. Deb and Ranger fell to digging, the animal with his paws and Deb with her hands, while we could only watch from the ground and pray. After a few minutes, Deb staggered to her feet, holding a tiny object in her bloodied hands. Jean-Phillip - she yelled to us. And he's alive! Il est vivant! The most hardened Guardsman could not hold back his tears as Deb descended from that pile of rubble containing so many corpses of the young, pressing the tiny miracle to her breast as Ranger led the way. When she finally reached the ground, I held out my hands for the baby, but Deb shook her head. He needs her touch, she said. And she needs his. With that tender smile I had seen in The Starter Wife, she placed the infant in the arms of his grandmother, where he worked his tiny fists for a moment before letting loose a cry in the destroyed streets of Port-au-Prince.

by Anonymousreply 66January 31, 2022 4:20 AM

The kid's got some lungs on him, said Red. That's the sound of a healthy baby. Deb put her finger to his lips. No,she said. That's the sound of LIFE. As the other medics turned their attention to the blood and glass in Deb's feet (she had lost her Tevas on the downhill climb), I looked at the old Haitian woman on the stretcher. With one hand, she pressed her grandson to her heart; the fingers of the other hand worked an invisible rosary. Her parched mouth moved in silent prayer, and I knelt next to her to dampen her cracked lips with a few drops of water from my canteen when she suddenly grabbed my sleeve with a strength belying her advanced years. At that moment, the blood left her face, and I knew we had lost her; she had held on in hopes of an angel saving the life of her grandson, and now that God had done His work, she was ready to meet Him.

I bent down to moisten her lips once again, and in a palsied wheeze, she uttered her last words:

Qui etait cette cunt?"

by Anonymousreply 67January 31, 2022 4:20 AM

Victorian Era Datalounge

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68February 3, 2022 1:33 AM

I scream-laughed so hard the first time I read the Deb/Haiti thread my BF was about to call 911.

by Anonymousreply 69February 3, 2022 2:36 AM

My Neighbor Stole My Tina Turner wall clock

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70February 3, 2022 1:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!