Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Julian McMahon

Any gossip on him?

This news item was just posted and while it's made to sound as if it was his choice to leave, I wondered if either he's difficult or has drug/alcohol problems.....

His career seems to have gone down the shitter, as it were, after Nip/Tuck was finished. What happened?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 26, 2022 10:04 PM

That is odd. I mean he would have had to end his contract early. Not many gigs around for him and runaways was not even network and FBI was a main role. And would probably be an increasingly well paid one. Personal issues?

by Anonymousreply 1January 23, 2022 2:58 PM

He was a sex pot who aged out.

by Anonymousreply 2January 23, 2022 3:00 PM

Dannii Minogue's ex husband?

by Anonymousreply 3January 23, 2022 3:01 PM

He was really hot not long ago but.....I mean, is that a rug?

by Anonymousreply 4January 23, 2022 3:06 PM

He really looks like his father now.

by Anonymousreply 5January 23, 2022 4:43 PM

He's never shown his pinga onscreen has he?

by Anonymousreply 6January 23, 2022 4:55 PM

There are some things you just shouldn't do with your mouth when someone is photographing you.

by Anonymousreply 7January 23, 2022 4:58 PM

I remember seeing him for the first time on the soap opera I believe was "another world" and his character wearing the teeniest tiniest bikini at a pool... whew lordy be!

interesting that kellan lutz left and now mcmahon? poor kellan as taking a tv show must have felt belittling and a step back from being in movies....

by Anonymousreply 8January 23, 2022 5:39 PM

Another pretty boy who has aged badly. Jensen Ackles, welcome to your future.

by Anonymousreply 9January 23, 2022 5:42 PM

I remember Danni Minogue giving the impression on a radio interview that has didn't pay his way in the marriage.

by Anonymousreply 10January 23, 2022 5:43 PM

R8 I remember him then too.

But even then he was getting parts on looks. Whatever "it" is, he didn't have it. He lucked out with Nip/Tuck and probably played a version of himself.

by Anonymousreply 11January 23, 2022 5:44 PM

Errrrr....HE didnt.......

by Anonymousreply 12January 23, 2022 5:44 PM

[quote]She also told the magazine about her struggles with ex-husband Julian McMahon's relatives, claiming her former mother-in-law "never accepted" her into the family. The singer wed McMahon in 1994, but the union collapsed a year later, amid rumours his late mother, Lady Sonia McMahon, pushed her son to split from Minogue.

[quote]"I was never accepted. It was never made clear to me why things were taken out on me. In my mind I'd done nothing against her. But simply being with Julian was, in her mind, the wrong thing to do," she told Glamour magazine. "It shaped me... it definitely wasn't easy for anyone - not for her, not for Julian, not for me. Nobody was having fun. "Things really did come to a head. There was an unease that had been going on for a long time, but I caused some kind of explosion."

[quote]Minogue says she's no longer in contact with her ex-husband but hopes he made up with his mother before her death earlier this year. "She has passed away now and I hope Julian resolved things with her before she passed. I'm not in touch with Julian now. I'd like to be, but I know we're never going to be friends. I don't think we have anything in common now."

ROT IN HELL LADY SONIA!

by Anonymousreply 13January 23, 2022 5:49 PM

Dannii talking about Julian and his evil mother at 8 minutes in

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 23, 2022 5:52 PM

Australian men get so much sun exposure that they really keep their looks for very long.

by Anonymousreply 15January 23, 2022 5:55 PM

He could never compare with the hotness of fellow Aussie Dr Chris

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 23, 2022 5:57 PM

He was losing his looks during the run of Nip/Tuck. There was an episode where he was posing nude as a centerfold (or something) and all I could think was, maybe 10 years and 15 lbs ago…

by Anonymousreply 17January 23, 2022 5:57 PM

He dyed his hair on FBI, very noticeable.

by Anonymousreply 18January 23, 2022 6:02 PM

He was handsome back in the day, but he was promoted as a huge sex symbol and he didn't go to the gym enough to justify that.

I was always surprised, in fact, that Dylan Walsh--who was better looking and who had the better body--was not pushed as the show's sex symbol. I found him much hotter then. I always thought Walsh and McMahon should have been cast in the opposite roles. Now he's reduced to playing Lois Lane's father on The CW.

by Anonymousreply 19January 23, 2022 6:03 PM

Julian is a wanker!

by Anonymousreply 20January 23, 2022 6:07 PM

Earlier in the pandemic, I ran out of things to watch, and I binged on both FBI series. I like the original best, but found his version acceptable, too. Unfortunately, he's always been my favorite character. I've been a fan since he played Ian Rain on Another World.

It seems the storytelling gets worse with each successive version. The only reason to watch FBI: International is to see Luke Kleintank. But the stories fail to entertain. I still like the characters in the first version, FBI.

by Anonymousreply 21January 23, 2022 6:42 PM

He’s got one big beautiful dick though

by Anonymousreply 22January 23, 2022 7:05 PM

His younger days:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 23, 2022 7:18 PM

he starred in some b level movie with christopher atkins back in the day and alot of bikini's on the beach it was!...

by Anonymousreply 24January 23, 2022 7:20 PM

I've worked with him, he';s very nice, very professional, and very hetero. And yes he wears a hair system.

by Anonymousreply 25January 23, 2022 7:23 PM

He's now JUST another aging QUEEN.

by Anonymousreply 26January 23, 2022 7:24 PM

He was hot on Charmed. So hairy in that pic R23, he must've waxed weekly on Nip.Tuck

Is he cut or uncut?

by Anonymousreply 27January 23, 2022 7:27 PM

I'm sure part of Lady Sonia's displeasure with her son Julian's marriage to Dannii had a lot to do with J and D behaving like shameless famewhores, playing to the tabloids (they were both just soap stars in Australia at the time, one of them just happened to be Kylie Minogue's sister) 24/7, giving constant interviews, selling their wedding photos to the tackiest of magazines, Woman's Day, IIRC, and even taking a WD reporter and photographer with them on their honeymoon for exclusive interviews and photos!

Right through the marriage, divorce and long after, many "exclusive" interviews were given. They were the biggest dorks in the country, even as Dannii moved to the UK and Julian to the US. Practically every interview they gave they were careful to mention Kylie. They're still both heinous but I'm sure those tacky, tragic interviews about their short-lived "marriage" got them off to a good start financially and in terms of PR in Australia. Funnily enough, Dannii claimed to be so broke after the divorce she posed for Australian Playboy and invested the money in breast implants, a drastic nosejob, eye surgery and something done to her cheeks, looking like a completely different person. She is known to be a fake, heinous person. Abusive to fans in her younger years. They're both still tragic. Completely embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 28January 25, 2022 2:07 AM

I'm surprised he is walking away from this show. It's a steady gig and I'm sure he would get good residuals.

by Anonymousreply 29January 25, 2022 2:10 AM

He was absolutely gorgeous in his day. Not such a nice guy though. He and Dannii deserved each other.

by Anonymousreply 30January 25, 2022 3:18 AM

THIS IS IT!

I have a love/hate relationship with this faggôt song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 25, 2022 3:44 AM

r31 = Matt Damon

F&F

by Anonymousreply 32January 25, 2022 3:46 AM

R28 Kylie get off Datalounge and back into the studio!!

by Anonymousreply 33January 25, 2022 3:51 AM

Of the men of that era, I want to be in a Julian McMahon and Rob Estes sandwich. He was so hot on Nip/Tuck, which I loved when it came out. I tried to watch it during quarantine and it's too cheesy now. I still think he is hot now. He can walk away from the show - he has family money and doesn't need the paycheck.

by Anonymousreply 34January 25, 2022 6:05 AM

His father was a closeted gay Prime Minister of Australia who married late in life to much younger Sonia, who was a horrible snobby bitch. Not that she could talk, she famously wore a slutty dress to the Nixon Whitehouse.

by Anonymousreply 35January 25, 2022 7:25 AM

It's also thought that Billy McMahon wasn't Julian's real father.

by Anonymousreply 36January 25, 2022 7:27 AM

He's over fifty. Time marches on. Usually across your face...

by Anonymousreply 37January 25, 2022 12:13 PM

Apparently one aged slab of beef is being replaced with another.....a finer slab if you ask me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 25, 2022 1:21 PM

McMahon is only 53? Or is that Show Biz 53 and he's 60?

by Anonymousreply 39January 25, 2022 1:26 PM

I find it so strange that he looks so bad. He looks like a parody of a guy that obviously uses black shoe polish to color his hair and eyebrows.

I can't even figure out what he's done to his face - but it has the same rubbery, over-pulled, yet still wrinkled look that Robert Redford has.

Dear god, why does his skin look like that? Is that the result of some sort of chemical peel on a certain skin type that doesn't take it well?

by Anonymousreply 40January 25, 2022 1:58 PM

Maybe he was let go of the show, and the narrative he's leaving is just PR for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 41January 25, 2022 2:03 PM

Maybe he just doesn't want to work so hard.

by Anonymousreply 42January 25, 2022 2:06 PM

I used to watch Nip/Tuck when I was in high school just to ogle him. I love his beefy body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 25, 2022 2:07 PM

He doesn't realize as one gets older with dark hair like women, you have to go lighter than darker because it looks fake and more importantly very harsh looking.... just a subtle bit lighter i might add, because TOO light it looks bad as well and trying too hard...

by Anonymousreply 44January 25, 2022 2:13 PM

I can’t believe that she took one of my favorite Melba Moore songs and reduced it to pop schlock @ r31…

by Anonymousreply 45January 25, 2022 2:17 PM

I saw Dannii get booed off the stage at the last ever G-A-Y and it was brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 46January 25, 2022 2:19 PM

It's ok. He's being replaced on the series with Dylan McDermott. Another queen who dyes her hair.

by Anonymousreply 47January 25, 2022 2:26 PM

I've just spent the past year watching Dylan play a villain on The Elliott Stabler Program. I hope I can switch back to good guy mode.

by Anonymousreply 48January 25, 2022 2:28 PM

Not a great show, but did appreciate him as Cole on Charmed - at least during the early days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49January 25, 2022 2:39 PM

I watched a few FBI episodes and I thought he was boring in it.

I'm glad Dylan is replacing him. He's hotter.

Most guys have a hair system in the acting field

by Anonymousreply 50January 25, 2022 2:44 PM

I wonder how Dick Wolf will bump him off on Law & Order. Hopefully his ego will explode.

by Anonymousreply 51January 25, 2022 2:46 PM

Never heard of him.

by Anonymousreply 52January 25, 2022 3:00 PM

I don't think he had tremendous range. His character was a kind of cliche they pushed the envelope with, like much of Nip/Tuck. His voice to me always sounded like he should be selling coffee on a bland commercial shown on an airplane.

by Anonymousreply 53January 25, 2022 3:18 PM

They were giving him Kellan Lutz's lines and Julian asked for words with more syllables.

by Anonymousreply 54January 25, 2022 3:23 PM

My teen gayling self LOVED him on Charmed. When he started on NipTuck and was naked every other episode...it was like a gift from God.

by Anonymousreply 55January 25, 2022 3:41 PM

What’s that r46, G-A-Y? And why’d they boo her? She seemed so likable on X FACTOR.

by Anonymousreply 56January 25, 2022 3:51 PM

Dannii is great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 25, 2022 3:53 PM

Dannii's babydaddy who she kicked out because he couldn't zip up his mickey.

She's had some top quality cock over the years - McMahon, Jacques Villeneuve, Ken Logan from Bros and Kris Smith.

And Lady Sonia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 25, 2022 4:17 PM

I don't know what's wrong with all your eyes but he still looks pretty good to me. I'll take him.

He was devilishly handsome and sexy on Nip/Tuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59January 25, 2022 4:21 PM

Honestly he has the face of a ventriloquist. I'm sorry but it's true.

by Anonymousreply 60January 25, 2022 4:24 PM

Nip/Tuck was my favorite show in high school and I never found him drop dead gorgeous. He looked really good in clothes and sunglasses though. The guy who played Matt however....

by Anonymousreply 61January 25, 2022 6:04 PM

R56 It's alluded to here. The Mirror is being rather diplomatic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 25, 2022 6:08 PM

[quote]He was devilishly handsome and sexy on Nip/Tuck.

He still looked good on Nip/Tuck. He looked best on Charmed.

Your seeing him through the halo of your past appreciation for him. He looks AWFUL now.

by Anonymousreply 63January 25, 2022 6:46 PM

If you rewatch Nip/Tuck you can see how he changes throughout the run of the show. I almost thought it was intentional since his character was such a looks-obsessed narcissist that it seemed like payback in some way. In season 1, he was absolutely stunning, took a dip in 2, and became even hotter in 3, but started going downhill in 4 until he was much chubbier and was losing his hair in the final seasons.

Dylan Walsh definitely aged the best, but I don't think they should have switched roles. Dylan has a certain sweetness and decency that would have been wrong for Christian, but is perfect for Sean. As many awful things as Sean did, you still pulled for him because of how Dylan played him.

by Anonymousreply 64January 25, 2022 7:21 PM

[quote] I can’t believe that she took one of my favorite Melba Moore songs and reduced it to pop schlock @ [R31]…

I can't believe you have favorite Melba Moore songs.

by Anonymousreply 65January 25, 2022 7:24 PM

I'd still let him use me

by Anonymousreply 66January 25, 2022 7:26 PM

Dannii ruined it for me…besides r65, Melba could sing and she did have some decent songs.

by Anonymousreply 67January 25, 2022 7:26 PM

It took a few minutes of watching him on FBI before I realized it was him ! My 1st thought was "he hit that wall HARD" . I loved him on Nip/Tuck ,but Ive always loved Dylan Walsh more.

by Anonymousreply 68January 25, 2022 8:25 PM

There was a rumour that Dannii walked in on Julian in bed with Shannon Doherty, during the Charmed years.

by Anonymousreply 69January 25, 2022 10:45 PM

No, r69, it was one of his Another World cast mates. She claims that he borrowed money from her, never paid it back, then dumped her, hence the Playboy shoot (so she could pay off his debts). I believe her version.

by Anonymousreply 70January 25, 2022 11:04 PM

Sounds like Julian is a bit trashy himself. What a pimp.

by Anonymousreply 71January 25, 2022 11:43 PM

I first noticed him in a supporting role on the Profiler - a FBI try to catch a serial killer show on NBC that was paired with the Pretender. He was basically the younger male agent who came in handy when they needed someone to run or do more of an action scene, or needed to say something that the older more professional stoic Davi would not say.

It was shown on one of the Antenna channels a few years ago, and the show has not aged well. I was kind of ready for Jack to put Sam out of her misery on the rewatch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72January 26, 2022 12:42 AM

No, he doesn't look like this anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73January 26, 2022 12:47 AM

Maybe he left to spend more time searching for his missing penis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74January 26, 2022 12:49 AM

Let's try this again.

No he doesn't look like this anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75January 26, 2022 12:51 AM

He had alot of balls to get with Shannen and Alyssa.

by Anonymousreply 76January 26, 2022 12:59 AM

His looks, young and old, always repelled me. I don’t know why; maybe it’s a chemical reaction.

by Anonymousreply 77January 26, 2022 1:09 AM

IF ONLY he had a big muscular body he would have been really fine in his younger years...

by Anonymousreply 78January 26, 2022 12:11 PM

His legs are too skinny. Handsome face though.

by Anonymousreply 79January 26, 2022 2:01 PM

Thanks r25, I was going to ask if that is a wig.

by Anonymousreply 80January 26, 2022 2:36 PM

Nip Tuck had some cringe-worthy episodes. The dreadful one with the hand being maimed deliberately made me nauseous for about a week.

by Anonymousreply 81January 26, 2022 3:28 PM

I want to know how Julian’s character bounced back so easily after his surprise anal. A week later he was fucking women like nothing had happened to him.

by Anonymousreply 82January 26, 2022 4:23 PM

R82... surprise anal? say what?! when, how, etc..

by Anonymousreply 83January 26, 2022 7:57 PM

I am DOOM! DOCTOR DOOM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84January 26, 2022 8:11 PM

More details about Dannii being a bitch, please. Or should we start a new thread for that?

by Anonymousreply 85January 26, 2022 8:30 PM

[quote]More details about Dannii being a bitch, please. Or should we start a new thread for that?

She's not a bitch! She's just assertive.

And Kylie supports her! Jonathan Ross makes a dig at Dannii at 3:45 and Kylie handles it well.

I think it was Dannii's first year on the X Factor when she won with the Scottish Michael Buble won. Sharon Osbourne was a total bitch to her. In the final Kylie duetted with Leon in a swing version of Better The Devil You Know and in one of the rehearsals stood on stage together mocking Sharon.

DON'T FUCK WITH THE MINOGUES.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86January 26, 2022 9:11 PM

Richard Madeley is a notorious arsehole but he was so fucking rude to her here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87January 26, 2022 9:21 PM

R83, there was a serial rapist on the show and he attacked Christian. It was really twisted.

by Anonymousreply 88January 26, 2022 10:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!