Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Italian actor Luca Calvani appears to have come out on Instagram

In touching birthday post to boyfriend (unless something really, really went wrong in the translation)

Probably best known for playing one of the villains in Henry Cavill’s Man from UNCLE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 9, 2023 9:03 PM

Either learn to speak Italian, or get a better translation service.

Luca Calvani is not gay....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 21, 2022 10:39 AM

Well considering he literally wrote, in perfect English:

Happy birthday, Alessandro, you beautiful soul, to all the joy and laughters and tears we shared and the dreams that keep expanding. To the gift you have been. To everything to come.

I have followed LC for years on IG and he has a daughter so there was no reason to think him gay until this post, which is also the first time it appears he has shared photos of this guy on his social media

by Anonymousreply 2January 21, 2022 10:49 AM

The boyfriend only has a single photo of Luca on his IG feed but many pictures of the same dogs which appear of Luca’s feed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 21, 2022 10:55 AM

The translation of the Italian text Luca wrote is:

Happy birthday, beautiful soul, what blatant luck to have met you ...

by Anonymousreply 4January 21, 2022 11:02 AM

They have a place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 21, 2022 11:09 AM

There’s gay, and then there’s “Tuscan bed and breakfast with four identical dachshunds” gay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 21, 2022 11:26 AM

They also own the puppies’ mother who may or may not be named for the housekeeper from Call Me By Your Name

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 21, 2022 11:40 AM

Oh great.

Someone else for the fat frau instagram detectives to obsess over.

by Anonymousreply 8January 21, 2022 11:49 AM

Either way... I want their lives. Two hot daddies running a bed and breakfast in the most beautiful region in the world. Can't get much better.

by Anonymousreply 9January 21, 2022 12:14 PM

I have never heard of this actor. But these guys are ubergay, no matter the actors previous efforts to be straight.

by Anonymousreply 10January 21, 2022 12:17 PM

His "business partner" is yummy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 21, 2022 12:28 PM

This B&B is lovely...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 21, 2022 2:34 PM

Despite not finding anything else in Italian media confirming Luca Calvani is gay, it does appear so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 21, 2022 2:36 PM

OP, you don't understand Italian men.

by Anonymousreply 14January 21, 2022 2:48 PM

Look at the fourth photo in R12 's link: what did you see? Because I see 4 gay guy. In the link below the girl says they are no longer together, but many sites still claim she is the wife, which she never really was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 21, 2022 3:33 PM

Well this photo suddenly became interesting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 21, 2022 4:01 PM

I remembered that photo because Cavill looked uncharacteristically jovial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 21, 2022 4:05 PM

Alessandro posted some more photos of them together. Pretty big height difference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 21, 2022 6:53 PM

If Luca Calvani is gay and came out publicly (or was outed), that would be big news in Italy. Right behind would be entertainment world, blogsphere, etc.....

Not saying the guy is or isn't, but Italian media would stick their heads in sand only for so long. Sooner or later some muckraker would start making noise.

Know Italian men and their culture is different with regards to how males interact with each other, but few other interpretations of images above credit anything else but two gay men in some sort of relationship.

by Anonymousreply 19January 22, 2022 12:25 AM

I love Italians men, but I feel that they care a lot about how others perceive their masculinity. It also reminds me of that hunky Italian actor who took a picture with his friend, I don't remember his name.

by Anonymousreply 20January 22, 2022 12:30 AM

[quote]Know Italian men and their culture is different with regards to how males interact with each other, but few other interpretations of images above credit anything else but two gay men in some sort of relationship.

No, you do not understand Italian men and their culture. The bonding between them: dinner together, sex together with women (no interaction between them), sleeping together. It's just a very different reality.

I lived there for a few decades. My very best friend there is straight, but we are inseparable. You would assume we are a couple.

[quote]I feel that they care a lot about how others perceive their masculinity.

They don't perceive that behavior as "gay".

You do.

You should see the FB and Instagram pages of Italian men. They hang on one another, go on vacations together and sleep together. Pages of photos but no women, EVEN if they have a girl friend. Yeah she'll appear now and then but its all about their buddies.

by Anonymousreply 21January 22, 2022 1:43 AM

Oh, and years ago I shared an apartment with a straight friend there. Believe me, you would have assumed we were a gay couple.

by Anonymousreply 22January 22, 2022 1:46 AM

Actor?! He's an instahoe. Let me know when some legitimate Italian actor comes out.

by Anonymousreply 23January 22, 2022 2:06 AM

Well we almost had one R23..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 22, 2022 2:16 AM

Then you have stories like this..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 22, 2022 2:18 AM

They’re both handsome, but the tall one - good Lord, he’s gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 26January 22, 2022 2:29 AM

That story does not ring true to me. It was believable until the soldier shows up "He wasn’t comfortable with me being there. He thought I should leave the compartment. " What? An Italian military guy would be disciplined for that. Since no explanation was given by the author, it seems to me there was more going on there. Or the author wasn't understanding something. Also: no Italian military guy would sit in a compartment that smells of weed.

by Anonymousreply 27January 22, 2022 2:36 AM

What a couple on undeniable pussy hounds on the prowl at R16

by Anonymousreply 28January 22, 2022 2:47 AM

“You don’t know Italy. It’s perfectly normal for two straight men to run a bed and breakfast together decorated in elegant shades of mauve.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 22, 2022 4:05 AM

It looks decent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 30, 2022 12:47 PM

He would appear to be one big hangin' man.

by Anonymousreply 31July 30, 2022 2:04 PM

Gay bliss

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 7, 2022 2:34 PM

r21 is clueless and r1 can eat shit. This is what Calvani posted in June along with a "PrideMonth" hashtag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 7, 2022 2:43 PM

Adorable

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 17, 2022 1:14 PM

He likes the hole AND the pole!

by Anonymousreply 35December 17, 2022 1:18 PM

Luca Calvani sounds like a primi dish I’d like to have at my next Italian dinner.

by Anonymousreply 36December 17, 2022 1:20 PM

It’s not gay to have an Italian cock up your ass.

Only if you kiss them.

by Anonymousreply 37December 17, 2022 2:22 PM

I don’t think it’s possible to have a nicer gay life

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 9, 2023 9:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!