Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Joshua Jackson will star in Fatal Attraction tv series

Does anyone really want to see this? They should do a role reversal where the man is crazy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 27, 2023 5:25 AM

[quote] Does anyone really want to see this? They should do a role reversal where the man is crazy.

Isn't that basically every Lifetime movie there is, where the man stalks his female prey, and she goes through all this empowerment struggle to come out as victorious against her male predator?

by Anonymousreply 1January 20, 2022 5:52 PM

This is just now being casted? I thought it was already filming and that was the reason why Lizzy Caplin couldn’t film Party Down?

by Anonymousreply 2January 20, 2022 5:57 PM

I don’t think Pacey is right for this. The guy needs to be more of a rich guy who’s never had an issue in life, so he underestimates the danger. Armie Hammer would have been great if he could act and wasn’t a psycho.

by Anonymousreply 3January 20, 2022 5:59 PM

As long as he’s running around in his underwear every other week I’ll be happy.

by Anonymousreply 4January 20, 2022 6:02 PM

R1, that's You!

by Anonymousreply 5January 20, 2022 6:02 PM

r5, uh, in You, the predator, played by Penn Badgley, wins.

by Anonymousreply 6January 20, 2022 6:04 PM

Why did they remaking this? Into a television series, no less?

by Anonymousreply 7January 20, 2022 6:22 PM

I hope they get a little more creative beyond bunnies.

by Anonymousreply 8January 20, 2022 6:23 PM

R2, there's no such word as "casted." The past tense of cast is still cast.

by Anonymousreply 9January 20, 2022 6:25 PM

R2, Lizzy Caplan is signed to this, but it isn't the reason she couldn't do Party Down. Filming for Fleishman Is in Trouble for FX is the reason that she couldn't be on Party Down, which is a massive bummer.

by Anonymousreply 10January 20, 2022 6:29 PM

Joshua Jackson doesn't have the sex appeal that Michael Douglas has. Michael Douglas just oozes sex.

by Anonymousreply 11January 20, 2022 6:32 PM

I have a sneaking suspicion he might be very good in this. And if it allows him to show off his huge ass, I'm all for it.

by Anonymousreply 12January 20, 2022 7:00 PM

Why can’t Caplan cameo on Party Down? She gets a lot of shows, must not be a total bitch and they’d have her back. Disappointing. A cameo, a phone call or face time for fucks sake.

by Anonymousreply 13January 20, 2022 7:23 PM

I won't be IGNORED dan!

by Anonymousreply 14January 20, 2022 10:25 PM

Jackson better get into shape for this. He could be very hot.

by Anonymousreply 15January 20, 2022 10:26 PM

[quote]Joshua Jackson doesn't have the sex appeal that Michael Douglas has. Michael Douglas just oozes sex.

Well he didn't get it from me, despite what people say.

by Anonymousreply 16January 20, 2022 10:29 PM

Joshua Jackson: sumptuous ass and a big, fat meat sausage.

by Anonymousreply 17January 21, 2022 12:15 AM

I like Lizzy, but why couldn't Joshua's character be gay instead...

by Anonymousreply 18January 21, 2022 5:28 AM

[quote] a big, fat meat sausage.

And you know this for sure how?

by Anonymousreply 19January 21, 2022 7:57 AM

I recall him seeing him naked on Broadway, I think I might have actually seen the play too? Was it the Children of a Lesser God revival?

by Anonymousreply 20January 21, 2022 8:03 AM

R20 he didn’t get naked in that

by Anonymousreply 21February 6, 2022 1:40 AM

Whoever said Joshua Jackson isn’t sexy is out of their mind. He’s good looking with a nice body but he has that dirty voice where you can imagine him whispering hot things in your ear. He’s a great example of someone whose attitude enchanted their sex appeal.

by Anonymousreply 22February 6, 2022 1:53 AM

Did this come out, is that why the bump?

by Anonymousreply 23February 6, 2022 2:10 AM

I could totally believe him as a hopeless pussyhound who picks the wrong ho this time.

by Anonymousreply 24February 6, 2022 2:11 AM

Exactly r1 Fatal Attraction WAS the role reversal of all the Lifetime movies. And it was great. Wouldn’t mind seeing a modern day remake.

by Anonymousreply 25February 6, 2022 2:11 AM

I'm not just going to be ignored, Pacey!!!

by Anonymousreply 26February 6, 2022 2:33 AM

I think it’s stupid. I never pondered why Glen’s character went off the rails and I say that as a frequent guest of the psych ward. Basically she would have to have skipped taking her meds.

by Anonymousreply 27February 6, 2022 2:42 AM

Trying to figure out how this can be a series... is the wife going to shoot her every week? Or are they going to stretch out a two hour movie in a 12 part mini-series?

by Anonymousreply 28February 6, 2022 3:06 AM

R28, I’d imagine the first season will end with an adjustment to original, intended ending. Alex will kill Michael Douglas’s dyke and the police will assume it was him, leaving her alive and able to move on.

They’re probably going to approach this as a female version with You with Alex as the primary character and/or narrator finding new men every season. There are a ton of thinkpieces about how the character is MiSuNdErStOoD so that’ll probably be the take. Alex as a sympathetic anti-hero.

by Anonymousreply 29February 6, 2022 5:29 AM

Even though Glenn Close didn’t play her as someone misunderstood and mentally ill, her Alex was that complex without being pitiable.

The less said about the version with Beyonce in the Anne Archer role the better.

by Anonymousreply 30February 6, 2022 5:32 AM

R30 Obsession is a classic.

by Anonymousreply 31February 6, 2022 8:19 AM

I see. So they're giving Fatal Attraction the whole Psycho/Bates Motel treatment.

by Anonymousreply 32February 6, 2022 12:43 PM

Will Josh's character remain cis?

by Anonymousreply 33February 6, 2022 12:53 PM

How can they turn this movie into a series? So the affair just keeps going and going?!

by Anonymousreply 34February 6, 2022 1:00 PM

And in the article, they specifically don’t refer to it as a limited series, as when they refer to Jackson’s current project.

How the hell would this work?

It would be like seasons of edging with a far-off, much needed payoff.

by Anonymousreply 35February 6, 2022 1:05 PM

[quote] It would be like seasons of edging with a far-off, much needed payoff.

You could drive a person crazy... Doo-doo-doo-doo!

by Anonymousreply 36February 6, 2022 1:08 PM

I think the Alex character will only show up in the last episode, like Alexis in Dynasty, the season will be building up to that establishing the family that will be slowly destroyed in season two.

by Anonymousreply 37February 6, 2022 1:09 PM

Oh, relax. I bet it will be canceled after one season anyway

by Anonymousreply 38February 6, 2022 3:11 PM

[quote]They should do a role reversal where the man is crazy.

Isn't this really just every day life.

What made Fatal Attraction was that it was the twist of the nutty person being the woman.

by Anonymousreply 39February 6, 2022 3:37 PM

This is not a cis story!

by Anonymousreply 40February 6, 2022 4:43 PM

Joshua Jackson has such pretty eyes. They're a very unusual color: cornflower blue.

by Anonymousreply 41February 6, 2022 5:07 PM

R41 don’t they change color? I knew a guy (named Levi) who was beautiful and had eyes that changed color based on what he wore or his mood. It was so interesting to see then change between shades of green, blue and gray. He was 6’6 and hot. A former alcoholic and drug addict who moved to NYC. I always wonder what happened to him. Haven’t seen him in years!

by Anonymousreply 42February 6, 2022 5:43 PM

Has anyone been cast in the Anne Archer frau role? Which current late 30s early 40s actress would be perfect for the annoying frau wife role? I hope they make the wife really annoying for the TV series.

by Anonymousreply 43February 6, 2022 5:54 PM

JJ could look good or horrible depending on angle. I don’t know if I see a woman becoming obsessed with him. I could see Patrick Dempsey in this role.

by Anonymousreply 44February 6, 2022 6:47 PM

[quote]Which current late 30s early 40s actress would be perfect for the annoying frau wife role? I hope they make the wife really annoying for the TV series.

Brie Larson owns this comment.

by Anonymousreply 45February 6, 2022 7:54 PM

R41 He has a real pretty mouth too.

by Anonymousreply 46February 6, 2022 8:56 PM

[quote] [R41] don’t they change color?

You mean with his mood, like mood rings do?

How cool! "Mood Eyes."

by Anonymousreply 47February 6, 2022 10:47 PM

Who will play the boring wife? Kate Mara or Malin Akerman?

by Anonymousreply 48February 6, 2022 11:38 PM

R47 you’ve never met anyone whose eyes change colors?

by Anonymousreply 49February 6, 2022 11:42 PM

R48 Maybe Kate Mara would be good as annoying uptight WASP wife.

by Anonymousreply 50February 16, 2022 2:30 AM

Did they ever have a Fatal Attraction Themed Disneyworld Rollercoaster ride? Hmm. Anyway. Will they give her the fright wig? Will she inexplicably at the age of 36 be a high powered editor at a NYC publishing house with a dreary loft apartment? Will she sit in the dark listlessly turning the light on and off as Madame Butterfly plays in the background? Will they smoke in restaurants? Will the androgynous child still have that haircut?

by Anonymousreply 51February 16, 2022 2:49 AM

R51 So. Many. Questions.

by Anonymousreply 52February 16, 2022 3:54 AM

She’ll have to be trans.

by Anonymousreply 53February 16, 2022 1:49 PM

Yes, it's a camp classic, R51.

by Anonymousreply 54February 16, 2022 2:09 PM

Ugh, Amanda Peet was cast as Frau Beth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 1, 2022 4:48 PM

Are we so desperate for content that we're remaking a movie that doesn't need to be remade?

And casting Pacey as the lead? I'd buy Dawson as the lead much more than Pacey.

by Anonymousreply 56June 1, 2022 4:57 PM

I much prefer the original ending to "Fatal Attraction.' It's a shame Glenn caved. She should have stuck to her guns. The overall movie is fun, but unintentionally(?) conservative.

by Anonymousreply 57October 6, 2022 4:10 AM

The people who always say "this doesn't need to be remade!" either don't understand the entertainment industry or just complaining to be complaining.

by Anonymousreply 58October 6, 2022 4:13 AM

I don’t understand how it’s going to be a TV series. I can understand a movie but how many bunnies is she going to boil?

by Anonymousreply 59October 6, 2022 4:14 AM

Could be like a show I used to watch, Betrayed. There wasn’t a stalker, but the affair slowly unfolded week to week. I, too, can’t see JJ is the role. He’s not good looking enough. I’m kind of shocked they didn’t go with diversity casting for one of the 3 leads.

by Anonymousreply 60October 6, 2022 4:18 AM

I'd rather see a reboot of Fringe.

by Anonymousreply 61October 6, 2022 4:22 AM

I could see Shiri Appleby as the frau wife.

by Anonymousreply 62October 6, 2022 4:52 AM

...playing the bunny?

by Anonymousreply 63October 6, 2022 7:56 AM

[quote]r22 Joshua Jackson has such pretty eyes. They're a very unusual color: cornflower blue.

Your butthole is savage cornhole red.

by Anonymousreply 64December 19, 2022 8:25 PM

Jackson is perfect for this. Brilliant actor.

by Anonymousreply 65December 19, 2022 8:30 PM

Rumor has it that Gken Close is still slated to star in this updated classic to explore age differences and the price men pay when they use powerful women for sex to advance in their career. It's a brilliant move.

by Anonymousreply 66December 19, 2022 8:32 PM

Michael Douglas oozes sex, R11.

I cannot tell if you are trying to be funny or what. Douglas proved you could become a Hollywood star without having an iota as sex appeal.

by Anonymousreply 67December 19, 2022 11:17 PM

He's the rare former teen actor who actually has become more attractive in middle age than he was when young.

by Anonymousreply 68December 19, 2022 11:21 PM

R11 he always seemed the opposite to me. Cold in every possible way.

by Anonymousreply 69December 19, 2022 11:33 PM

This actually seems interesting.

by Anonymousreply 70December 19, 2022 11:33 PM

Perfect casting. He's always seemed like a reckless pussyhound.

by Anonymousreply 71December 20, 2022 12:03 AM

[quote] [R2], there's no such word as "casted." The past tense of cast is still cast.

A simple “oh, dear” would have sufficed.

by Anonymousreply 72March 26, 2023 10:51 AM

[quote] They should do a role reversal where the man is crazy.

Women make up the majority of borderline personality disorder cases, so that wouldn’t work. He’d just be a typical stalker.

by Anonymousreply 73March 26, 2023 10:52 AM

[quote] Rumor has it that Gken Close is still slated to star in this updated classic

Good for Gken Close, whoever he is.

by Anonymousreply 74March 26, 2023 10:53 AM

The New York Times review is in.

It is competently made and nice to look at, it has a knockoff version of a languorous Southern California vibe, and Lizzie Caplan and Joshua Jackson are both engaging.

What’s missing is the metabolism, the transgressive energy and — at least in the context of its time — the glossy sexiness that the director Adrian Lyne brought to the film.

by Anonymousreply 75April 27, 2023 5:04 AM

Just saw the trailer; it looks fun

by Anonymousreply 76April 27, 2023 5:18 AM

Dan is a chastened version of the narcissistic jerk Douglas played in the film, but the vivid hysteria of Glenn Close’s Oscar-nominated performance as Alex is mostly replaced in Caplan’s version by a jumpy vulnerability, and Alex now gets a back story to explain her sociopathic obsessiveness.

by Anonymousreply 77April 27, 2023 5:24 AM

Dan is up for parole because in this new universe, he has served 15 years for the murder of his stalker, Alex Forrest (Lizzy Caplan). Responding not just to shifting mores but also to the demands of serial storytelling — the show runs close to a full eight hours — Cunningham and Hynes have turned “Fatal Attraction” into a murder mystery, as Dan, a former Los Angeles prosecutor, tries to figure out who really killed Alex while awkwardly reconciling with his ex-wife, Beth (Amanda Peet), and daughter, Ellen (Alyssa Jirrels).

by Anonymousreply 78April 27, 2023 5:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!