Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lynda Carter - Portrait (1978)

My mom and dad bought this album for me as gayling (along with Cheryl Ladd's ST album). I was a huge Wonder Woman fan in the first grade. I watched faithfully every Friday night on CBS.

"Toto (Don't It Feel Like Paradise)" was my fave song (of course).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26March 7, 2024 6:02 AM

Anyone who ignores this album sucks.

by Anonymousreply 1January 15, 2022 8:14 PM

She's a great singer as this tune released 2 months ago

proves (it 's headed for 50,000 views here soon).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 15, 2022 8:37 PM

She sang Toto.... on Wonder Woman on the famous episode where she infiltrates the music biz as a "singer"

I think she sounds great on it, almost a Karen Carpenter tone.

by Anonymousreply 3January 15, 2022 8:43 PM

Interesting key change or chord progression in the pre-chorus!

by Anonymousreply 4January 15, 2022 8:45 PM

“Toto, I’d like to tell you, you’re the best damned lover I ever had. Oh don’t it feel like paradise. How did something so wrong start to feel so right”.

by Anonymousreply 5January 15, 2022 9:14 PM

I did a floor show using this sassy little number by Lynda Carter for my 1st-grade boyfriend.

Want to Get Beside You

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 30, 2022 12:41 PM

I loved Toto also, but my favorite was Tumbledown Love. Lynda belts it on the chorus.

All my middle school comic nerd friends had huge crushes on Lynda, and our bedroom walls were covered with her posters. I emulated them, but for far different reasons, of course. I think my parents may have taken some false hope from seeing pin-ups of a big breasted female on my wall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 30, 2022 6:27 PM

I have a strong childhood memory of watching one of Lynda's television variety specials and she sang Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lover. It might have been the greatest moment of my life.

by Anonymousreply 8September 30, 2022 6:49 PM

Oh don’t it feel like paradise?

by Anonymousreply 9December 14, 2022 10:00 PM

It sure feels like paradise. I’m fapping!

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2023 5:09 PM

She had KISS on one of her CBS specials too. It was when KISS did that disco album in 1979.

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2023 5:10 PM

Lynda Carter is the gold standard for a live action superhero imho. Nobody has ever done it better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2023 5:28 PM

I like her song Lines

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2023 7:41 PM

I want everyone on the DL who has a late 70s female pop music fetish to explore - All Night Song, Tumbledown Love, Want to Get Beside You, Toto (Don’t It Feel Like Paradise) and when you’re feeling wistful listen to pour out on the song Lines.

Tumbledown Love was never a fave when I was a kid. But damnit the way she sings ‘Tumbledoooowm Loooooove” especially at the end stays in your head for days. I love the ballad now.

Some tracks I don’t care for are her take on the Billy Joel song “She’s Always A Woman”. It sucks hard.

by Anonymousreply 14March 6, 2024 4:14 PM

Lines

There are lines you stand in

There are lines of coke you snort

There are lines on my face

There is a line to take a piss…..

by Anonymousreply 15March 6, 2024 4:15 PM

Turn this shit up!

Want to Get Beside You

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 6, 2024 4:17 PM

Her brand new single drops March 15, 2024

by Anonymousreply 17March 6, 2024 4:18 PM

You’re The Only One Who Understands is awesome. I think it’s a cover but she does it right.

by Anonymousreply 18March 6, 2024 4:24 PM

You guys must listen to Lines! It’s beautiful.

I’m in my house with it on LOUD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 6, 2024 4:40 PM

I’ve loved Lynda Carter - Portrait since childhood

by Anonymousreply 20March 6, 2024 7:12 PM

Listen to Lynda Carter Portrait!

by Anonymousreply 21March 6, 2024 8:57 PM

I love Lynda, but a great singer she is not. I do like her album cover - makes her look like a Breck girl.

by Anonymousreply 22March 6, 2024 9:46 PM

R22 please listen to het 1978 album Portrait.

by Anonymousreply 23March 6, 2024 10:02 PM

Her recent "Rise Up" single was a good one =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 7, 2024 5:56 AM

This "Human And Divine" remix is a good one -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 7, 2024 5:58 AM

Remix #2 -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26March 7, 2024 6:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!