Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Judd Nelson and RDJ

Never cared much for Nelson either looks-wise or as an actor, but there is a similarity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 3, 2022 11:04 PM

Another shot - not sure if this was for something specific. Looks like a PR still, but maybe it was just for a piece on "annoying young actors".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 2, 2022 12:15 PM

Not sure I’d there’s a question, but Judd Nelson was hot for 3.7 seconds, and I can only remember three of his roles.

I remain surprised (and grateful) that RDJ is alive and thriving. He had a rough go in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 2January 2, 2022 12:21 PM

^^if

by Anonymousreply 3January 2, 2022 12:22 PM

Nelson actually isn't at all bad looking, but in the first pic - although they seem two of a type, there's a visual sharpness to Nelson that is off-putting.

IIRC Nelson was very abrasive in interviews, whereas Downey just sort of bounced along.

by Anonymousreply 4January 2, 2022 12:28 PM

Datalounge has converted me to a RDJ appreciator. I found him grating and lazy as Ironman (the bulk of my experience with him, as a millennial viewer). After the Toback thread, I see him as some soulful, wounded bird you've all praised as a great, lost artist.

Nelson is very broad. In his look and craft.

by Anonymousreply 5January 2, 2022 12:46 PM

I always thought Nelson was hideous, while RDJ was very cute.

by Anonymousreply 6January 2, 2022 12:49 PM

R5, Downey has his schmuck moments, but they're subsumed into a much more varied personality.

I don't really know a lot about Nelson. I thought he was effective in the Breakfast Club but at the same time I really disliked the character.

R^, me too, but I don't know why I thought Nelson was gross. He's clearly not.

by Anonymousreply 7January 2, 2022 1:02 PM

Not a good look for either of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 2, 2022 1:07 PM

Yeah, they fucked.

by Anonymousreply 9January 2, 2022 1:38 PM

Judd Nelson was famous for 15 minutes. Interesting guy and smart - but not the drama queen of RDJ.

by Anonymousreply 10January 2, 2022 1:41 PM

Wasn’t Judd Nelson’s mother a US Representative or something like that?

by Anonymousreply 11January 2, 2022 2:12 PM

Or maybe I am thinking of Judge Reinhold lol.

by Anonymousreply 12January 2, 2022 2:15 PM

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd, here's a pic of Judge with Judd and RDJ.

I always liked Judge, but he seemed to disappear pretty much as thoroughly as Judd. And was also rumored to be a pain-in-the-ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 2, 2022 7:31 PM

[quote]Wasn’t Judd Nelson’s mother a US Representative or something like that?

Wow, R11, you know your Judd Nelson history.

[quote]Nelson was born in Portland, Maine, the son of Merle (née Royte), a court mediator and former member of the Maine House of Representatives, and Leonard Nelson, a corporate lawyer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 3, 2022 8:02 PM

R14 Thank you, I lived through the Judd Nelson history times.

by Anonymousreply 15January 3, 2022 9:47 PM

I see the resemblance, in a big brown cow-eyed kind of way.

by Anonymousreply 16January 3, 2022 9:53 PM

Both Judd and Judge have had television roles in the last decade. They may not be movie stars like RDJ, but RDJ is relatively handsome as an older man and has an interesting comeback kid life story which I suppose endears him to fans.

by Anonymousreply 17January 3, 2022 9:54 PM

Nelson and RDJ look like they could be brothers. JN as the difficult, bossy older brother and RDJ as the eccentric goofball younger one who walks off with whatever girl/boy/undecided knocks on the door.

by Anonymousreply 18January 3, 2022 10:09 PM

The bias DL has for RDJ surprises me. Is it because he is bi or because there are a lot of MCU fanboys here?

by Anonymousreply 19January 3, 2022 10:31 PM

Speaking personally for me, the OP, I like him because he's a capable actor, frank about his life and cuter than two buttons.

And I usually settle for two of the three.

by Anonymousreply 20January 3, 2022 11:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!