Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Girl Scout Cookies

Girl Scout Cookie season is upon us!

Do you order cookies from your friend's daughters or buy them from a bootleg set-up outside a grocery store?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 2, 2022 1:23 PM

The new one isn't bad, the caramel brownie

by Anonymousreply 1January 2, 2022 2:19 AM

It seems like many the taste has gotten worse over the years to the point that they are inedible now.

Trade Joe's makes versions of many of the classic GS cookies which actually are worth the calories to eat.

by Anonymousreply 2January 2, 2022 2:20 AM

I always end up buying the Tagalongs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 2, 2022 2:24 AM

Those pint-sized harlots are upon us again!

by Anonymousreply 4January 2, 2022 2:24 AM

What do they do with the money?

by Anonymousreply 5January 2, 2022 2:26 AM

It goes into their abortion fund. If they have money left over at the end of the year, they buy a fancy birthday present for the King of Saudi Arabia.

by Anonymousreply 6January 2, 2022 2:29 AM

Buy them from your friend's daughters! The troops use the money they make for all kinds of activities.

by Anonymousreply 7January 2, 2022 2:33 AM

I now a guy in my area who owns a restaurant and has a daughter in the GS. He thought up a brilliant, if somewhat pandering, scheme to sell cookies.

He arranged to send them to soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan, had a order sheet at the front of his restaurant, got the story in the news, and sold THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of boxes to people which he never had to deliver, just ship on in their larger containers to the USO or whomever.

A pretty little first-grade Girl Scout on the 6 o’clock local news doing a good deed for deployed soldiers… it was like taking candy from a baby.

by Anonymousreply 8January 2, 2022 2:35 AM

Sad to say, the quality is down. The GS cookies have not been good for several years now.

by Anonymousreply 9January 2, 2022 2:35 AM

The first thing I thought of when I saw the title is the marijuana strain haha...

by Anonymousreply 10January 2, 2022 2:38 AM

R9, Girl Scout Cookies haven't been any good since Burry's went out of business in 1989. They made them in Elizabeth, NJ, and Chicago. Burry's also made my favorite, Fudgetown cookies with the fudge center.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 2, 2022 2:41 AM

They must have turned down some huge offers of branding with cereals, ice cream, candy bars

by Anonymousreply 12January 2, 2022 3:07 AM

You can buy Girl Scout chocolate covered pretzels at Costco.

by Anonymousreply 13January 2, 2022 3:12 AM

The boxes have gotten smaller over the years.

by Anonymousreply 14January 2, 2022 3:17 AM

R14: are you a fatty?

by Anonymousreply 15January 2, 2022 3:28 AM

[quote] They must have turned down some huge offers of branding with cereals, ice cream, candy bars

Edy's ice cream has the cookie flavors and Dunkin Donuts has cookie flavored coffees.

by Anonymousreply 16January 2, 2022 3:42 AM

I used to get the Keebler Grasshopper cookies, which was their version of Thin Mints. I thought it was great that you could buy them all year long! I see they now have their version of Samoas and maybe Tagalongs as well? I was curious as to how they were.

by Anonymousreply 17January 2, 2022 3:44 AM

I remember a couple of years ago when a couple of girls had the (frankly brilliant) idea to set up a table outside a dispensary. I think they got in trouble for it.

by Anonymousreply 18January 2, 2022 3:44 AM

I *know* when they're on sale. I do NOT need it explained to me.

by Anonymousreply 19January 2, 2022 3:45 AM

R15 I love fattys

by Anonymousreply 20January 2, 2022 3:51 AM

I buy them from set ups outside grocery stores. I used to buy them from friends’ and neighbors’ daughters who aged out of the Girl Scouts. But I’ve never understood why the cookies were ever thought to be any better than supermarket cookies, especially now when the quality has decreased so much.

by Anonymousreply 21January 2, 2022 3:52 AM

Thin Mints seem to be the most popular

by Anonymousreply 22January 2, 2022 4:22 AM

The cookies were better at one time, like everything else corporate greed and mergers have cheapened them.

But just like when someone sells chocolate bars at a school, it may not always be the best - it's done for the fundraising element, and the GS cookies are a consistent enough quality that most people are willing to buy in.

by Anonymousreply 23January 2, 2022 1:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!